International Incident

Story Info
Reporter reveals US politician's secret Australian lover.
1.6k words
6.2k
11
0

Part 1 of the 10 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 05/29/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
brethard
brethard
194 Followers

August 7, 2024

"Good evening, and welcome to the Nightly Report. I'm Hamish Jordan."

"And I'm Vanessa Moore."

The normally professional veteran anchors for Australia's Channel Six seemed to be vibrating with anticipation, as if they knew the story they were about to deliver would make them superstars in the journalism world.

"On Monday night," said Hamish, "we brought you a story about Australians living in the United States who are rather enthusiastic about the candidacy of Senator Mark Robinson, who's running to become the second African-American President of the United States. The New York Senator continues to have a commanding lead in the polls, and is widely expected to become the 46th American President."

Vanessa continued. "Late last month, shortly after Senator Robinson secured his party's presidential nomination, the Nightly Report received a tip concerning Senator Robinson's connections to Australia--connections that were personal and in fact, quite intimate. Tonight, we bring you an exclusive and, we must note, rather contentious interview with a young woman from Senator Robinson's past--a young woman whose name may become notorious in American political history."

The Nightly Report producers then cut to a video package of a young woman, every bit as blonde as Vanessa, walking into a building and through a corridor. The young woman seemed a bit upset.

"Meet Kylie Maree Connolly," Vanessa proclaimed in a voiceover. "She is 31 years old and works in the admissions office of the University of New South Wales in Kensington. She's a typical Australian lady, you might say. She loves music, movies, good books, and especially travel. She visited New York City for her 25th birthday in July 2018...and what happened after that visit could change the course of American politics."

The video package then showed Kylie in her home, preparing a meal in her kitchen and looking through an open bedroom door.

"In April 2019, nine months after visiting New York City, Kylie gave birth to a healthy baby boy she named Edward. The father of her son was a New York State Assemblyman named Mark Robinson."

Kylie was then shown sitting on a couch in her living room, clearly distraught. Vanessa sat on a chair in front of her.

"I don't know how you found out," Kylie said. "It's just between us. I don't know why it even matters to the rest of the world."

"But you had to know it would come out," Vanessa replied.

"Not like this. There's no reason for it to come out like this. Who tipped you off?"

"We don't reveal confidential sources."

Kylie pursed her lips in anger.

"So, how did you two meet?"

"I assume your confidential source told you."

"Assume our confidential source got some of their facts wrong."

"Well, I'll tell you what happened."

The video package then showed B-roll footage of the New York City skyline and city streets as Vanessa spoke. "Kylie said she ran into Mark at a bar in Brooklyn. He offered to buy her a drink, she says. They talked for a bit. She told him she worked in education. He told her he worked in politics."

The editor cut back to Kylie. "He was so very charming...like an Idris Elba or a younger Denzel Washington...possibly even better," she laughed. "He told me I looked like Margot Robbie's twin sister. I'm not sure I look a thing like Margot Robbie."

"He was close," Vanessa replied.

"Well, I'll take your word for it." She looked down. "I don't quite know what came over me...I'm not the sort of person who goes home with someone she just met in a bar...but there was something really special about him...magical almost. We went back to his place and he put some romantic music on...Luther Vandross or Lionel Richie or one of those guys..."

She sighed. "It...was...inevitable. Just inevitable."

The editor cut to a still photo of Mark at a campaign rally, underneath a large sign with the banner ROBINSON 2024: THIS MOMENT CAN'T WAIT. "Several weeks after the intimate encounter," Vanessa said in voiceover, "Kylie learned that she was pregnant."

"I didn't quite know what to do. He told me that he would support me no matter what, and he has done so. We agreed that we would keep this just between us. When he ran for the Senate two years ago, we were afraid that it would get out, but luckily nothing happened. I was so happy for him when he won. Then, last year, when he said he would run for the White House..."

"You were afraid," Vanessa interjected, "that it would finally come out."

"Yes...but he said he had told no one, and that I shouldn't worry. A part of me is very angry that it's come out. It's turning my whole world upside down."

"This," Vanessa said in voiceover as Kylie was shown looking downwards, "is when the interview became quite tense."

"Obviously, this story will be very big in America, what with their presidential election coming up in just a few months," Vanessa asked. "Do you understand why this would cause some American voters to question Senator Robinson's trustworthiness?"

"Question his trustworthiness?" Kylie responded. "He's not a liar. His relationship with me is not any of the public's business. The only reason I agreed to speak with you is to make sure that the record is set straight. Why would anyone question his trustworthiness?"

"Well, he failed to disclose a clandestine relationship which resulted in a pregnancy and a child born out of wedlock."

"So that's going to be Brian Dougherty's spin, right?"

"I see no reason why you should bring the owner of Channel Six into this..."

"Don't you have a journalistic obligation to tell your viewers that Brian hates Mark?"

"Brian does not hate Senator Robinson, I assure you. He has profound disagreements, in his personal capacity, with some of Senator Robinson's views--"

"Well, that's putting it mildly..."

"But he has never, at any time in the seventeen years I have worked at Channel Six, dictated editorial content or involved himself in the news stories that we cover."

"You do know what the New York Gazette is saying about him, right?"

"Well, yes, I know some of their coverage has been a bit skeptical--"

"A bit skeptical! They're saying Mark will seize the assets of the rich and issue an executive order to shut down the fossil fuel industry if he becomes President. One of their columnists even says Mark will paint the White House black! That's more than a bit skeptical."

"Well, I certainly understand why you're a bit sensitive--"

"Who owns the New York Gazette?"

"That's neither here nor there."

"Who owns the New York Gazette?"

"Brian Dougherty, of course. It was his first American paper."

"Don't you have an obligation to your viewers to state that Brian Dougherty, the owner of your network, doesn't want Mark to win the next US election?"

"Well, you've met that obligation, because you've just said it, and we will not edit it."

"Thank you. So kind of you. I don't know how you found out about my relationship with Mark, but your viewers have a right to know what's going on. And people who will watch this interview in the States have a right to know what's going on. Look, I do not agree with all of Mark's views, all right? I've voted both Labor and Liberal here. I think there are a number of issues where Mark is frankly wrong. However, I have deep respect and admiration for him--and I know Brian Dougherty wants voters in the States to see Mark as nothing more than some horny black bastard who knocks up white women. That's what this is all about, isn't it?"

"I don't speak for Brian, Ms. Connolly."

"Well, thank goodness for that."

The video package ended, and Hamish and Vanessa were shown again onscreen.

"Coming up next," Hamish said, "your first look at the Australian child whose father could become the next President of the United States."

After a commercial break, Vanessa was back to introduce part two of the interview.

"Notwithstanding her strong opinions about the ownership of Channel Six, Kylie Maree Connolly is unquestionably a caring and devoted mother to five-year-old Edward. Let's meet this charming child."

The video package returned to Kylie in her living room, this time with Edward sitting next to her. He had a warm smile, a thick mane of light brown hair and greenish-brown eyes; his facial resemblance to Mark was unmistakable.

"How are you?" asked Vanessa.

"I'm doing well," Edward replied in a soft voice.

"Do you like school?"

"Love it," said Edward, expanding his arms. "Love my teachers."

"What do you want to be when you grow up?"

Edward paused. "I have a long time to think about that."

Vanessa and Kylie laughed. "He is the smartest little child," Kylie noted.

The video package then showed Kylie and Edward walking in a nearby park. "Kylie says that when Edward is old enough, she will tell him all about his father and how they met. She says she's afraid, in the wake of our reporting, that if Senator Robinson wins the American presidential election, Edward will be the subject of teasing and bullying--but she also says he'll be strong enough to handle it."

The editor cut back to Kylie. "One thing I know about Mark--he's a strong man. That strength is in Edward's genes. In the long term, he'll be all right."

The video package ended, and Hamish and Vanessa re-appeared onscreen.

"Wow," said Hamish. "What a bright young child. A child who obviously has a very controversial father."

"Controversial indeed," noted Vanessa. "And perhaps, in just a few months, a very powerful one."

brethard
brethard
194 Followers
Share this Story

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Similar Stories

Megan Accepts Ch. 01 Megan accepts an interesting offer of employment.in Interracial Love
Black Empire Ch. 01 A teen hottie learns the true meaning of Black Cock Love.in Interracial Love
Drive Hal struggles to deal with Lisa's cock teasing adultery.in Loving Wives
The Valentine Next Door A widow gets a surprise from her young neighbor.in Interracial Love
Loving a Married Woman Ch. 01 Young black man has erotic liaison with married blonde woman.in Interracial Love
More Stories