All Comments on 'Intervention'

by MichaelFitzgerald

Sort by:
  • 31 Comments
SithLord6969SithLord6969over 4 years ago
Romance?

Just awful. I've read other of your works but this one had me so angry i almost couldn't finish it.

Tootight1Tootight1over 4 years ago
Loved it

Why, because it seemed original in concept. I know it isn't, but still liked it. The roles could have been reversed easily, and still would have been good. It seems to be common trait, that a person in a relationship wishes the other was more something. Maybe it's being human, or thinking the love of your life is so special to you that they should be recognized as such by everyone. In this case she was setting him up so she could play on the side, which although stated, was never gone into. This story is good on it's own, but could have been so much more.

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyover 4 years ago
LW

Wrong section. You would have done better getting a true roasting from the LW cheating wives fan club. Especially as he went back to her, or maybe accepted her back. From the way you wrote her character there is no way she will change, just act the way he wants until he gets back under her thumb.

Got confused as you wrote it was meant to be fake cheating, then later mentioned twice that she either had already cheated or was actually intending to cheat.

I am with the LW btb crowd. She was right the first time, intending to cheat.

For a romance 1star

MusicGuy4FunMusicGuy4Funover 4 years ago
Ignore the haters

I’m on a phone so can’t do a long comment.

To me, while her initial action was brain-dead risky, and unfeeling and harmed everyone, she was genuinely contrite.

clearedtofuckclearedtofuckover 4 years ago
Arghhh

This story was too unbelievable. Were I in his place I wouldn't have given the "wife" the time of day if she showed up. She was a cruel bitch and no one would have gone along with her scheme.

Rw43Rw43over 4 years ago
In the US, we have a 'romantic' legacy of "the wandering man", " solitary man", or "lonely man"

We probably get it from you Irish.

Sorry, but it sucks.

Problem is that all these "men" are emotionally stunted. While they are escaping a world of complex and committed interaction, like Tom/Bill, they think they are thriving by reducing their existence to desert-like conditions: survive, and bloom occasionally, and that's your entire obligation to the world.

I understand that in civilized culture our women are capable of overcomplicating everything. And as our Western culture becomes more and more feminized, we males are forced to either keep up or become marginalized. Ok. But abandoning the ones we love over some perceived slight, where they were duped into participating? No. You don't love your kids, or your mom, if you treat them like that. And if you don't love them now, you never did, because love is supposed to be constant. All you gave them all these years was conditional, temporary support.

But you know what is constant in Tom/Bill's life? His self-love.

It's not that i don't get Nicole being a b'tch: she probably needed an intervention more than he did, especially if she has a god-complex that makes her believe she has all of the variables covered during Tom's intervention, when she clearly does not. But Tom's nuclear response, and postapocalytic lifestyle demonstrate that he wanted out anyway. She just gave him the push that he wanted.

As always Micheal, good storytelling. Usually I rate a story based on the telling alone, rather than my like/dislike of it. But this time I'll pass, because l know this story is driven by a Lit event, and i don't want to give a cowardly male protagonist my vote of approval.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Forget all the psychobabble comments...

I liked the story; she deserved everything she got. He's much happier where he is and will never tolerate her infidelity. Turns out she was lying about her date, probably got that stupid idea from some misandrist feminist rag that loathes men, loves attention, and spouts drivel about empowering women. I'm happy to see she reconsidered and they're back together - on equal terms.

When women have a problem, they want to talk and talk and talk. When men have a problem, they analyze it... they get quiet. They think about it, examine it, reach a decision. That's how it is; just one of the major differences between men and women. Who decided men should adopt a woman's response?

He wasn't running away; he left because that was his solution to an arrogant, domineering, cheating wife. He was done. Gave his lawyer power of attorney and he left. Fini. His daughters, friends, and family, called and acted as is they approved of her going on dates, so there's no reason to include them in his new life.

People say he was wrong to "abandon" his daughters, friends, and family? Bullshit. They're all adults and they were all guilty of stupidly empowering his cheating wife. Later folks; He's leaving all the pain and heartache behind and starting a new life - a life where, finally, he's the one who's most important. He's the one who needs to be satisfied.

You think his response was wrong? Who are you to tell him how to live his life? Who are you to tell him how to FEEL? Like a cancerous tumor: cut out whatever it is causing you pain, burn it, leave the body healthy. She didn't feel the need to talk while creating the problem, so why is he wrong when he doesn't talk about his solution?

Take your double-standard and stuff it. So, so sick of people insisting men are a scourge and need to be more feminine.

Great story. More power to him. She can learn to be happy as his equal, or she can become subservient, but she will never be superior.

Rw43Rw43over 4 years ago
To the Anonny re "psychobabble"

"Who are you to judge? Who are you to tell him how to FEEL?"

What are you, 12? Are you still under the influence of new hormones making your body do wacky things that sometimes you regret doing but have no control over because YOU'RE ENJOYING BEING THE BABY IN THE FAMILY? You rebel against your overbearing wife because you don't want help with your depression. Sure, her overbearing ways made it worse, and I'm not saying both her and the therapist's antics don't deserve an appropriate response.

But withdrawing from everyone? Ending all of your relationships, or at the very least, becoming so solitary that all relationships are solely according to your terms? Yeah, that's mature. That's a man worthy of love and respect, huh? Your kids and family got manipulated by the only grownup in the family, so now they all have to pay by losing you. Unfortunately, it is a punishment to them, because they care about you. But you are teaching them that the pain of caring about others isn't worth what you put into it.

Here's a thought: if you were more interactive with them, this never would have happened.

The problem with depression is that we always find the destructive solution the most attractive. We decide to stop the hard work of producing good feelings and sulk in the bad ones. We give in to our laziness and stop working at relationships, when it is our relationships with others that compel us to move on, to find solutions to our problems, to express ourselves in a way that allows us to interact. Permanently Cutting yourself off from others means you get to spend all your time with the most unlovely person you know--you.

But you know, here I am arguing with Anonny, who has already demonstrated that you don't see the need for involvement in the community. If you did, you'd at least have a name. Go back to being a noisy parasite.

Just one well-intentioned question: have you taken your meds yet today?

Tootight1Tootight1over 4 years ago
Good story

I really liked the story, as a run of the mill type of life, or easy going kind of guy. Typical the way it went, and very reasonable to understand. The story didn't get into how he felt about her wanting to cuckold him. That was disappointing, as it seems a lot of guys are into it, at least at some point in their lives. Why she got his mother to go along on any of it was a surprise, even though Mom never knew the real reason. Where this a real story I would wish them well.

I enjoyed the story, and encourage you to continue. It is a very easy to read, and assimilate.

usemeanytimeusemeanytimeover 4 years ago
Well Done

Clear, concise and believable. I enjoyed your tale immensely!

The biggest fiction in life is the story we tell ourselves...the lies, the justifications, the attitudes we build within that somehow become our own internal truths. He couldn't see from behind his depression (if she didn't imagine that as well); she launched her intervention on the wrong target, planned without real acknowledgement of the pain she would create, nor of the possible consequences. Her internal truths were built on delusions and lies. Your treatment of the story line pointed this out astutely and was well-handled.

Keep up the good work!

WargamerWargamerover 3 years ago

Not bad

Scores 3/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
read it again

Still don't agree with his taking her back under any condition. He was living life the way he wanted - finally. After hearing her BS if he believed it he could reconcile with the kids as they were following moms story that was backed by some Dr. At least that is what the kids believed. She could still be lying and who knows. Keep the divorce and have her leave.

mrfox_stingermrfox_stingerover 3 years ago
Vulnerability

I guess hus response is justifiable. Your relationship as couple should be the final and maximum security. When you love someone, you let yourself be emotionally vulnerable, making everything emotionally intense. That's the reason why cheaters are difficult to forgive. Because you break someone from the core.

AngstIgnoredAngstIgnoredabout 3 years ago

This excerpt makes no sense to me, but sticks out like a sore thumb. I've re-read everything prior to it in the story and it still is unexplained.

"My mother's face was deeply bruised, and her jaw dislocated, but she chose to move in with Betty rather than be with me. Neither would speak to me."

He didn't even see her in person, so her dislocated her jaw? Why?

MichaelFitzgeraldMichaelFitzgeraldabout 3 years agoAuthor

Hi AngstIgnored, here's the explanation from the text.

Nicole speaking (not Tom): "Our daughters were sobbing. Everyone (except Tom) was in our house now. My mother was engaged a vicious fight with Tom's mother, Betty, who was beyond anger and grief. Betty slapped my mother so hard that she was knocked to the floor." ...

""My mother's face was deeply bruised, and her jaw dislocated, but she chose to move in with Betty rather than be with me. Neither would speak to me."

traddisagaintraddisagainalmost 3 years ago

women constantly looking for something more and destroying everything they have in the process.

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

4 stars.

To me this is just a light fantasy story, something along the lines of the mid-sixties flower child era.

Too bad real life is just not so simple.

However, this story was well written and amusing, so please keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I'm still trying to figure what he said to his mother that was "unforgivable"? If she played along she shouldn't have been surprised at his outburst.

rn2711rn2711over 1 year ago

Great story, thank you. 5 stars.

Grant_GlapsvidhrsonGrant_Glapsvidhrsonabout 1 year ago

This was one of the first LW stories I read on Literotica and still one of my favorites.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Bleah

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Umm why couldn't he reconcile with his mother?

silentsoundsilentsound7 months ago

Well that was really weird and really entertaining.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I think thr unforgivable part with his mom was his crack about what his dead father would say if her were still alive. Remember she and others were lied to by his wife, including his daughters, and they did not know about her false date night intervention. They only knew that he se3m3d depressed (he probably was) and they went along with the quack psychiatrists recommended intervention. If you notice the daughters and his mother couldn't get a word in because they were in shock and he seized the initiative going from his wife's (false) statement about planning to have sex with other men and then to their knowing and not telling him at which in both conversations, he hung up on them. Now why the mother would not forgive him after learning what he went through, what he believed was going on and not seeing him for almost two years is nonsensical and self destructive on her parts. He apologizes for his anger on the phone and she forgives him. Period. As for the wife, she was a control freak who somehow though she 2qs doing good by her husband to find out what he wanted in their marriage and hoped it would shake him out of his sexual doldrums. She is a headcase. Instead she nearly lost him forever. He changed ehrj he left and to be together, she had change to match him in their new environment. Clearly we see from the ending that whatever roadblocks she had to overcome with her sexuality, were conquered and she was excited to be with him sexually now. Crazy story but entertaining.

Asterisk42Asterisk427 months ago

Doesn't make sense that he couldn't reconcile with his mother. Would make more sense that the wife couldn't. Also, type a doesn't just change to type b frivolousness. The wife must have DID or something. This story is kiiiiinda blah for me. His kudos are for walking away rather than doing something he would regret.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

It wasn't what I expected at first but I enjoyed your story and it's ending

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

To all those btb lovers, chill as far as reconciliation stories goes it's decently written, no wimpy husband who pines for his wife or who can't move on, he knew his worth,have self respect for himself and move on, as far as btb goes, the wife did suffer for two years? No contact from her Loved ones,all abandoned. She knew she messed up,showed remorse, and owned up to her mistakes, she joined and integrated to a lifestyle she hate for him and came to love, she realised she was a bossy self centered bitch and mend her ways. Overall it was a good written story

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

he wins. But I hate tattoos like that.

NallusNallusabout 1 month ago

A good, very emotional story that I loved, and it was not in loving wives!

Could've been longer, but with the length that had,it's a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Good start…..terrible finish.

.

No way that bitch stays with Tom living the life of an itinerant artist. No way Tom would want that bitch back in his life.

.

And not closing the loop with his daughters or mother cost a ⭐️

.

2 **

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous