All Comments on 'Iona Online Ch. 10'

by Cathetel

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
longer chapters please

Loving the story but please can we have longer chapters

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Time dilation

Is Michael missing something or am I? With time dilation set at 1:365 in chapter 2, I would expect him to be at 6 months game time for his entire 12 hours of real time or 3 months for the six hours he thinks he's been in the game. Put another way, his four days of game time should be a little more than 15 minutes of real time unless I'm completely misunderstanding the time factor or my math is wrong, both of which are probable.

Either way, great story and very addictive. I can hardly wait for the next installment.

WretchedMonkeyWretchedMonkeyabout 5 years ago
RE: Time Dilation

I'm pretty sure your maths is correct, it's the number that I came up with and I'm pretty sure this will be a focus point in the plot. If you remember Michael was checking over all the settings at the beginning making sure everything was set up correctly but just okayed it when the alarm went off for the service to become live. Him being stuck in the game world I'm pretty sure is a major plot point along with his mistake about working out the hours he would be in the game.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Countdown to MC HS-!WTF!-OMFG-FML moment is at 3 days and counting

One Real Time Day is equal to 365 Game Relative Days. 12 Real Time Hours is 1/2 of 1 Real Time Day and is, via simple Substitutive Algebra, also equal to 1/2 of 365 Game Relative Days, simplified to enduring 182.5 Game Relative Days before the game will terminate his current session and grant him his freedom. The math is too straight forward, and the 1:365 ratio has been reinforced too many, for the MCs miscalcuation calculation to be anything but a major Plot Point and a significant Crisis-and-Responce Point for the MCs Character Development. It is nearly impossibe for Manga and Anime formats of the Isekai Genre to spend any amount of time on the psycological impact of being summoned, kidnapped, or trapped in another world, without the characters and/or story itself being deemed melodramatic, angsty, moody, whiny, moany, weak, sissy, bitchy, . . . , or any number of progressivly worse discriptors. Written formats DO have the ability to fully explore that moment of terrible realization, as well as the following Growth or Demise of a Character into a Hero, Dark-Hero, or Villan. I can't help but hope that this story is able to realize that potential for Internal reflection-progression as well as the much easier to convey External development of atributes and abilities. Personally speaking, this story feels like it is somewhere between SAO and Over Red's Dream Drive, with just a smidge of some of the early bits of Ted Online thrown in. So if anybody likes this series, and hasn't read Dream Drive or Ted Online, both are on Lit. Full disclosure - Dream drive goes Occult SF and Ted Online goes into Space SF... !Spoiler Alert! ...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Wow

Enjoying this story as heck

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCathetel@Cathetel
Update 4-9-20 First and foremost, can I just say Coronavirus sucks and I hope that each and every one of you is safe and secure during these trying times. Your health is all you have, so please take care of it. Chapter 13 is published! Woot. Started to think I'd never get an...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES