All Comments on 'Irish Estate'

by oggbashan

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I hope part 2 is forthcoming...

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Nice little tale, well written as always. The switch of Eileen for Katherine at the end should be edited as it spoils the flow while you work out what’s wrong!

Buzzard61Buzzard61over 3 years ago
Thank you

My dear Og

If I may be so bold as to call you that, thank you once again for a splendid tale.

I hope that this finds you well and here's wishing you and yours seasons greetings.

McMahonSMcMahonSover 3 years ago
2nd tale in a new genre.

It will take a lot of "Road Mending" to convince any Finnians (Guardians of the Blarney Stone) that an Englishman could be a caring landlord, lol. Enjoyed both stories. "Up to standard" as they say in the Andrew.

calgarycamperscalgarycampersover 3 years ago

My maternal family fled Ireland in the 1880's, to Nebraska and then on to various towns on either side if the US Canada border from Manitoba to Thunder Bay.

A great deal of what you have said was told to us by family members, but without some of the drama. While you took liberties, the tale was fantastic, even touching on the Catholic- Protestant issues.

The Potato Famines were real.

Great job, thank you for the memories.

WilCox49WilCox49over 3 years ago
When?

I know generally when the potato famine was. This occurs after that began, and before Irish independence. Not a huge span of time, but for those of us who (like me) have only general knowledge of the history it would be helpful if the time were specified more exactly.

(Of course, it may have been, early on, and I just missed it.)

Thank you for another good story.

-- WWC3

Diecast1Diecast1over 2 years ago

Lovely story. I enjoyed it a lot. AAAAAA+++++

Femdomlover01Femdomlover013 months ago

A very entertaining story and certainly worthy of a 5 star rating.

Like another commenter, I too wish there would be a second chapter. I cannot argue that the author did not write a good ending. I just wish it was the end of chapter one and not the end of the story.

I would love to read how the lives and fortunes of the tenants continue to improve thanks to the help and caring of this wonderful man who is so much more than a mere landlord. Of course it would be great to see how the romance and lives of Andrew and Kathleen progress too, and although little Eileen had just a small part in the story so far, she certainly won my heart and I'd love to see what she gets up to as she grows. Just a thought, but it would be great to find that the turnaround to profitability takes much less than the decades Andrew supposes and that the estate turns into one of the most profitable yet comfortable in the land for Andrew and his tenants.

Finally, if I have one quibble about this story, it would be with the character of Captain Midnight. I am guessing that Captain Midnight is meant to be a Robin hood type, but as he appears so abruptly and with no fleshing out of his character, this guess could be way off the mark. More should have been written about this character so as to make it easier to understand his place in the story. As I said, however, this is a quibble, and a small one at that.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
useroggbashan@oggbashan
Can I now change bio? oggbashan was diagnosed as terminally ill and expected to be dead by June 2018. As you can see. I am still here. . As long as I can I will continue writing and posting on Literotica but there will be an end - soon. I don't expect anyone to like ALL of my...