Iris's Fiancés Ch. 03

Story Info
The 'couple' comes out. Sort of.
9.4k words
4.55
6k
11

Part 3 of the 6 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 02/21/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Disclaimer: I do not own The Flash or anything to do with DC. I do not make any money from the writing of this story.

*****

"Caitlin! You're here?" Cisco exclaimed, sounding like he didn't believe his eyes, because he didn't.

"I work here." Caitlin said dismissively.

"Yeah, but... you know what I mean?" Cisco pushed.

Caitlin tried to ignore him, but as he kept staring at her intently she sighed and turned to him, "So what? You think I'd be home crying and drinking just because Barry is back, which means of course Iris would choose him over me?"

"She didn't?" Cisco questioned, before quickly adding, "I mean, of course she didn't. That's great. I'm happy for you, I really am."

"Happy for what?" Harry grumbled as he walked in, his eyes widening when he saw Caitlin, "Snow, what are you doing here?"

"Iris picked her over Barry." Cisco explained.

"Really?" Harry raised an eyebrow.

"I, I didn't say that." Caitlin grumbled softly, realising that not only had she had already made a mistake, but she was making it worse. As the other two unfortunately smart people looked at her quizzically she desperately tried to shut them down, "I don't want to talk about it."

"Hey guys, do you have anything for me now?" Wally's annoyed voice came over the intercom.

"Not since the last time you asked." Cisco sighed in annoyance, and then against his better judgement added, "Sorry Kid Flash, everything in the city is still pretty quiet... but the real show is happening here."

"What?" Wally exclaimed, appearing in an instant only a few seconds later, then he spotted Caitlin and frowned, "Oh... hey Cait... you're, erm, you're not turning evil, are you?"

"No!" Caitlin exclaimed indignantly, crossing her arms and grumbling, "God, you go a little crazy for five minutes, and years later you still don't hear the end of it."

"Well, you do have superpowers." Cisco unnecessarily reminded her.

"And you were evil in my world." Harry unnecessarily reminded her.

"So, you're not going evil?" Wally doublechecked, and then when Caitlin glared at him again he quickly followed up with, "So, why are you here?"

"Iris chose her." Cisco announced, and then quickly added with a frown, "Maybe. I don't know, I'm kind of confused."

All eyes turned to Caitlin and she severely regretted her decision to come in today, "It's complicated."

"What's complicated? Either you're still marrying my sister, or you're not... " Wally frowned, cautiously approaching his sister's fiancé in what he felt was a comforting manner, "I mean, no matter what I'm here for you. And with everything we've been through over the past couple of years I would honestly prefer you as a sister in law over Barry as a brother in law, but... I know how much Iris loved him, and has missed him, and I just... I just wanted to give you your space before... but... I'm here for you Cait."

"I know." Caitlin smiled, "Thanks Wally."

"Me too." Cisco quickly insisted, earning himself a smile from Caitlin.

"Yes, yes, team work, love, blah blah blah." Harry sighed, "Now, did Iris pick you, or not?"

"I don't want to talk about it." Caitlin repeated flatly.

There was a long silence and then unable to help himself Harry pushed the issue, "You're not trying a polyamorous relationship, are you? Because they're a little more common on my Earth than yours, but they never work out."

"I said, I don't want to talk about it!" Caitlin snapped, her voice instantly turning cold as her body began doing the same, Caitlin automatically fighting it for a few seconds, then just going with it and then turning to Wally and telling him, "Take a break Kid. I'll let you know if I need back up."

With that Killer Frost stormed out of Star Labs, Cisco muttering as silently as he could as she left, "Wow, I pity the poor criminal who makes the mistake of committing a crime today."

"Or the teammate who gives her lip." Wally quipped, eyeing Harry.

*

Meanwhile, across town...

"Hey Bare, got a sec?" Joe asked his adopted son.

"Errrrrm, sure. What's up?" Barry smiled nervously.

"I just wanted to check on what was going on with you and Iris." Joe hesitantly pushed.

Barry blushed, his eyes going wide as he just stared at the man who had been a father to him the past few years, and stammered, "Erm, it's complicated."

"Complicated how?" Joe frowned.

"Erm, maybe... maybe you should go talk to Iris about it?" Barry suggested nervously.

Joe just stared at Barry for a few long seconds, and then nodded, "I'll do that."

*

"Oh, hi Dad. What are you doing here?" Iris asked nervously.

"Can't a man come see his daughter where she works?" Joe teased, before pointing out, "It's not like you don't hang around the station all the time."

"Well, I am a reporter. It's kind of my job." Iris pointed out, then quickly adding as she moved in for a hug, "Not that it isn't always great to see you."

"I should hope so." Joe grinned, happily hugging his daughter before pulling back, "Can I give you a lift?"

"It's fine. I bought my own car, sooooo..." Iris pulled away completely.

"Oh." Joe murmured, before admitting, "I was just hoping we could talk. You know, about Barry being back, and what that means for you and Caitlin."

"Oh..." Iris blushed, briefly hesitating before telling him, "I wanted to talk to you about that too. Just not here. Meet me in Star Labs. I'll, I'll tell you when I tell everyone else."

Joe sighed, making it clear he didn't like that answer, but as it means he would get answers soon he simply nodded his head, "Okay."

"Okay?" Iris doublechecked, and then when her father nodded she smiled nervously at him, "Okay... love you Dad."

"I love you too sweetie, no matter who you choose." Joe promised her, unsure what to make of the expression on his daughter's face just before she walked away from him.

*

Iris second-guessed her decision over and over again. Well, decisions. Mostly she debated about coming out again, as the first time had been scary enough. Somehow telling everyone that she was dating a girl now seemed quaint compared to the idea that she was going to admit to not choosing between Barry and Caitlin.

Of course then she had told her Dad first, and it felt like she should showed him the same courtesy again, but on the other hand she just wanted to get this over with. As long as course she could convince Barry and Caitlin it was the right thing to do, and to do it right now with her. Which was a really big ask, but considering what they had said yes to so far Iris was confident she could do it.

The trick was finding a place where they could talk about this without their friends spying on them. Iris really wanted to text Barry to grab her and Caitlin and run them somewhere private, but as Caitlin was patrolling the streets right now as her frosty alter ego that would be suspicious. So instead she texted her lovers to meet her just outside of Star Labs in the car park.

There were security cameras there which Cisco or Harry could tap into, but chances are as long as Caitlin took her comms off-line they would be okay, and she could definitely rely on her super smart girlfriend to do that without needing to be asked. Although just to be sure she reminded her in the text.

Minutes which felt like hours, and at the same time seconds, later she found herself parking her car and stepping out to find Barry and Caitlin waiting for her and God, they were so hot. Iris sometimes forgot just how breath-taking they were, and just how much she loved them. Especially when they greeted her with soft, shy smiles. God, Iris just wanted to run up to them and kiss them.

But then, the problem was she couldn't, not without risking discovery. Which was why they had to get everything out in the open now before someone walked in on something, Iris more determined than ever before to convince her lovers this was the right thing to do.

So after changing some awkward 'heys' Iris asked, "Do you still want to go through with this?"

"I, erm..." Barry started nervously.

"What do you want?" Caitlin asked softly.

"You know what I want Cait." Iris said softly, "And I'm sorry, but we need to tell the team something, and I think it should be the truth."

"Isn't that a bit fast?" Barry asked, aware of the irony.

Thinking quickly Caitlin offered, "It might be a bit much, all at once. I mean-"

"I know I'm asking a lot-" Iris interrupted.

"Do you?" Caitlin snapped, before sighing, "I want to try this. I do. But if we put too much pressure on this it will break, and that's the last thing I want."

"I agree with her." Barry said quickly.

There was a brief pause and then Iris asked, "So what would you suggest?"

"The truth. But only part of it." Caitlin offered, finally getting to her counter offer, "Tell them you can't decide between us. That you're going to date us both. But tell them it's to help you decide who you truly want, because you're not sure yet."

Initially Iris opened her mouth to object to this idea outright, but then she thought about it for a few long seconds, and realise that Caitlin made a good point. Good points, even. Damn her for being so smart. It was one of the reason she loved her, but it was also infuriating.

Anyway, it would be better to ease their friends, especially her Dad, into the idea of all three of them dating, and perhaps more importantly it would put less pressure on Barry and Caitlin. Of course it was a temporary fix, which involved them lying to their teammates, something which had never worked out well in the past. However this time it was a necessary evil if Iris was going to get what she wanted long term, and she would do anything to make that happen.

"Okay." Iris nodded.

"Okay?" Caitlin gently pushed, "Are you sure?"

"Honestly? No, but you have a point, and I don't want to push my luck." Iris admitted, before turning to Barry and asking him, "What do you think?"

"I'm with Caitlin." Barry said quickly, and just as quickly added, "I love you, but let's just slow down a bit. Okay?"

"Okay." Iris took a deep breath, "Let's do this."

*

"So?" Cisco finally said, "Don't just stand there looking glum. Tell us what's going on."

"Oh for God sakes Ramon." Harry sighed, "You sound like a gossiping teenager."

"Please, don't act like you're not dying to know who's marrying who here." Cisco scoffed.

"I'm not." Harry huffed unconvincingly, "I just-"

"Guys, shut up." Joe turned to snap at the bickering pair briefly before again focusing on his daughter, "Take your time honey. I know this is hard."

No, you really don't, thought Iris, before summoning up all the courage she had to admit, "I'm... I'm not..."

"Not what?" Joe pushed gently.

"I'm not choosing." Iris finally admitted, and then after a few long seconds of deafening silence she started to ramble, "I never stopped loving Barry. In some way or another I've always loved him, and when he disappeared into the speed force it broke me. Caitlin put me back together, completed me in ways I never knew I could want, and now, I can't imagine living my life without her. I love her, just as much as I ever loved Barry. I can't... I won't just throw her away because he's back. But he is back, and I love him just as much as I did when he had to leave. Perhaps more. So how can I choose? How could I ever choose?"

Sensing that Iris was beginning to break down both Barry and Caitlin cautiously edged towards her, taking her hands in one of theirs, which Joe wasn't sure what to make of, but for now he ignored it in favour of pointing out once Iris trailed off, "You have too sweetie. That's how the world works. It isn't fair, it means someone is going to get hurt. But you have too."

"Maybe." Iris snapped, "But not today."

"Meaning?" Harry pushed, failing to hide his curiosity.

Iris let out a soft laugh, and explained, "I never really stopped being engaged to Barry. I just started being engaged to Caitlin too. So, that's how it's going to stay. At least for a little while."

There was a long silence and then Wally spoke up, "Erm, how's that going to work?"

When Iris didn't immediately answer Caitlin spoke up, "We're working out the kinks;"

"Maybe dates." Barry added, "You know, just... erm..."

"Like all three of you? Or Barry/Iris dates, and Caitlin/Iris dates?" Cisco asked cautiously, only to get a shrug from Barry.

"Like I said, we're working it out." Caitlin said softly.

There was another long pause and then Joe said, "Iris, can I speak to you for a minute, in private."

"No." Iris said softly, insisting, "Talk to me here."

Another long pause, then Joe laughed as he couldn't believe he was actually having this conversation, then pointed out, "Iris, there is no easy way out here. You have to make a choice."

"No I don't." Iris cried out, on the verge of tears.

"Yes you do." Joe snapped, softening his voice as he told her, "Honey, I know it's hard, but... what you're doing, it will only make things harder in the end. It's not fair on Barry and Caitlin."

"It's worth it." Caitlin said firmly without hesitation, staring directly at Iris as she added, "I'd do anything just for one more day of being with Iris."

"Me too." Barry said just as firmly and without hesitation, except he initially looked at Caitlin, and then at Joe, "I'd do anything for Iris."

"I know, but..." Joe sighed, "I just can't support you in this."

With that he headed to the door, prompting Iris to angrily snapped after him, "Where are you going?"

"My daughter is keeping both of her fiancés. Where do you think I'm going?" Joe quipped, "I mean, it's got to be 5 o'clock somewhere."

"Dad." Iris said softly.

Joe sighed as he reached the door, then turned back to them, "I'm sorry honey, I love you, but this is a bad idea. When you realise that, or if you just want to talk about... whatever this is, come find me, okay? That goes for you too Bare and Cait. No matter what happens, you're my family, and I'm here for you."

After that, and a smile, Joe left, and then Wally piped up, "I think this is a bad idea too, but I get it. Take all the time you need. Just, just don't give me any details about it, okay?"

Seconds later Wally was gone and then Cisco hummed thoughtfully, "Huh, Star Labs' first 3-way relationship. What could go wrong?"

"Cisco-" Caitlin began.

"Relax!" Cisco said, holding up his hands, "You know I support you guys, no matter what. So if this is what you gotta do to figure things out, go for it. I guess. It just... it seems like a bad idea. But hey, what do I know. I'm... I'm just going to join Wally on patrol for a bit. Or at a bar. You know, wherever he is."

With that Cisco portaled the way, leaving just Harry, who shrugged and unconvincingly muttered, "What? I don't care."

*

"Is it just me, or would that have gone better if we had told them the truth?" Barry quipped as they walked through the door of the apartment which Caitlin and Iris shared.

"It couldn't have gone worse." Iris grumbled as she stomped in.

"I don't know, nobody yelled or called us names, so there's that." Caitlin pointed out calmly.

"I'm sorry Iris." Barry said, automatically taking his fiancé in his arms. He clearly thought twice about it, but as Iris pulled him close and looked at him expectantly, he softly added, "I know you were hoping for more, but-"

"It doesn't matter." Iris quickly reassured him resting her forehead against his, "Because I have you back, and I don't have to hide it."

Caitlin watched as her fiancé Iris West kissed her fiancé Barry Allen. God, it was still weird just to think things like that, not to mention hurtful. And it was definitely hurtful to see it. And yet... they were technically together now. All of them. And Caitlin still wasn't sure how on earth that could work, but for some reason watching them kiss didn't hurt as much as before.

Sure, she was still jealous, only now she was less jealous of Barry and more jealous that she wasn't involved. Maybe even jealous of Iris too, because as it turns out The Flash was a damned good kisser, something he proved for a few long seconds before Iris pulled back and turned her attention to the scientist.

"And I still have you." Iris smiled, holding out her hand to Caitlin.

How could Caitlin have possibly resisted? She couldn't even imagine trying, as it felt so unbelievably natural to close the short distance between them, allowing Iris to grab hold of her face and pull her into a kiss while she was still in Barry's arms. After a few long seconds those arms cautiously pulled her in, which was perhaps the weirdest and awkward thing so far, and yet the strangest part was that it felt kind of right.

Of course Caitlin's world was always right when Iris West's lips were pressed against her own, or when this wonderful woman was staring at her lovingly, as was the case a few seconds later when that kiss was broken.

"I have both of you." Iris said softly, narrowly avoiding adding for now. Instead she added, "That's all that matters."

There was a brief pause, and then Barry nervously added, "Totally."

Not to be left out Caitlin chimed in with the 'genius' contribution of, "Yeah."

Another long pause and then Iris bit her lip, "Can, can I ask you guys a favour?"

"Anything." Barry said almost instantly.

Shortly afterwards Caitlin added, "Always."

Iris smiled, pulled back from them, and nervously asked, "Could you two kiss? Please? You've done it before, and I think it's so freaking hot. And I just... I... please?"

As Iris spoke Barry and Caitlin turned to each other and stared into each other's eyes. In that moment it felt like they were more on the same page then they had ever been. That they both knew the reason for the hesitance wasn't because they were nervous, or they didn't want too. Actually they did want too, more than ever before, and that scared them.

But again, they would do anything for Iris West. So simultaneously they close the distance between them and pressed their lips together, and wow. It had never sucked to kiss the other, but wow. For the first time it felt like there were sparks between the two of them, so much so they actually pulled back a little in fear of upsetting Iris. When really they should have known better by now.

"NO! Please don't stop, keep going." Iris pleaded breathlessly, and then when she got what she wanted she rejoiced, "Yes, kiss each other! Mmmmm, that's so hot! Oh God, I'm so jealous of you both right now, and I love it."

That was a feeling Caitlin hoped that they would all become increasingly familiar with, as surely that's what it would take to make this work? That, and being willing to watch from the side-lines like Iris apparently was while one watched the other two become lost in each other, almost to the point where they forgot the third existed.

That was the case for that deep, passionate kiss. Or it might have been if Iris hadn't provided the occasional commentary, which was equally scary and exciting. But Caitlin could worry about that later. For now she just wanted to kiss the superhero and forget about everything else, especially the fact that she was risking the most precious relationship in her life for this sensation, and of course the chance of permanently keeping Iris.

Barry definitely felt the same way, only it scared him more than Caitlin. Before finally getting together with Iris there had been other girls, because of course there had. He had been a young man, and at the risk of humble bragging, he had been pretty attractive even before getting struck by lightning had given him abs. He'd even had a few moments with other girls, but in the end they weren't Iris West.

He didn't think he had ever felt anything quite like this before, but then again the love of his life had never pushed him into the arms of another woman before, so it was hard to gauge all the variables. Like just thinking that was weird. Not that he did much thinking during the kiss, but certainly in the few seconds after it, he and Caitlin pulling back at the same time and then staring at each other until Iris got their attention again.