All Comments on 'Iron and Ice'

by MlledeLaPlumeBleu

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Take time away from Opera!

Mlle evinces a certain delicate feel for the erotic in the strangest of circumstances. Keep writing, Miss Blue Pen

KokopelliRisesKokopelliRisesalmost 17 years ago
Such passion...

You have such a passion for words, for the English language, one that I have only rarely seen, mostly only with the great English language writers. Please, please, please, I beg of you, keep writing.This story is definitely going among my favorites. Your words thrill me, and I can't wait to read more of them.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Wow.

Stunning - thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Pretentious Bullshit.

What a pile of pretentious bullshit.

"where the previous morning found my mother floating like a Pre-Raphaelite painting"

What does a painting float like?

yeti8080kyeti8080kalmost 17 years ago
Remarkable

When I saw your name in a random run through of this month's new stories I went hmmm... is that who I think it is? It's the hope of writing like this which keeps me coming.

Really, though, this story is far too sophisticated for a place like this. There's a reason why you're not get an H next to this story, but the fault lies more with the audience than with the performance.

yeti8080kyeti8080kalmost 17 years ago
A request...

I know this is kind of unconventional, but I'm wonderin' if you'd be able to help me with some writing on my own? I'm a story in the works and while it ain't bad so far, I could really use your input to make it better. I'm a total fan of your writing, and am particularly impressed with the diversity of your narrative styles. If you care to waste some time on me, email me at kurblick(AT)hotmail.com

Nightowl22Nightowl22over 16 years ago
Uh,

What is a "Pre-Raphaelite" painting?? Whose painting is that??

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
I loved it, though

it seems less plausible to me than your other works. it seemed as if you were trying too hard to use high class period language and began to forget the reader. not everyone, not even the majority of people on literotica, be they readers or contributors or both, understand the subtle beauty of the english language, particularly in erotic context. so don't waste your breath, or virtual typespace, on those who don't understand.

it was an exquisite story.

wanderwonderwanderwonderover 16 years ago
Scintillating

As a fellow lover of language, it was refreshing to see an author use vocabulary so artfully. As for those who find it pretentious, well, this isn't the basal suck-and-fuck that one usually encounters. So glad to see you're still writing; the way you do so is inspirational!

LoveDrewandEmmettLoveDrewandEmmettover 15 years ago
Absolutely perfect

I don't think I could even imagine a better erotica than this one. I've been coming to the site for almost a year now, and I keep coming back to this one story. Definitely the best one I've read; not just sex, it's a real piece of art.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Flawless

Your syntax is as elegant as the dancer you describe. I admire all of your work, but this piece is especially superb; it's refreshing, beautiful.. haunting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Erotica

Thank you for your writing. I find it enjoyable, and makes a person think while at the same time getting turned on! I find that the most erotic aspect of it.

arsenedyearsenedyealmost 14 years ago
Gold

Yes, I would say you hit gold with this story. The characters are balanced perfectly. The setting is perfect. A few paragraphs are a personal favourite.

I wouldnt worry about the 'pretentious' comments, genius is always controversial in its own age.

Amorata49Amorata49almost 13 years ago
Brava!

This was true erotica; not the frenzied, tawdry, back room gropings, like greasy, fast food. This was poetic and sensual, like a soft breeze through heavy brocade curtains, down filled pillows, fine linen sheets, scented with the Pan fragrance of vetiver, and iced champagne. This is worth reading again and again.

Dies_IraeDies_Iraeover 12 years ago
So

I went away and read some more of your work on the site. I think this is the best, (Sorry, I know you will probably not agree) probably the best thing I've read on the site. Poetic, imaginative, evocative, perceptive. Beautiful. Lordy. I trust you're writing professionally by now.

fanfarefanfareabout 9 years ago
an acquired taste...

...MLPB, I hope you are still creating and writing and getting your work published.

Frankly and Ernestly, I enjoy your use of linguistic flourishes. I especially appreciate that in your period pieces, I did not discover any anachronisms. Which, in my opinion, symbolizes that you are a superior writer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Unexpectedly Artistic

Beautifully crafted writing. Far from the standard fare you come to expect on this site... which may be why the negative reviewers struggled with it. The one comment about "how does a painting float" made me laugh.

Please, please, please continue writing. You have such a skill with composition, the genre wouldn't even matter.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous