All Comments on 'Is E an Aussie, Is He, Lizzie?'

by oggbashan

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Pommie?

Your usual five. What is a pommie?

1handslapping1handslappingalmost 8 years ago
it's what

the Aussies calll the English

hoo_hoo_boohoo_hoo_booalmost 8 years ago

I love the compassion of your stories. Thank you.

ReiDeBastosReiDeBastosalmost 8 years ago
Actually...

,..they usually call the English "Pommie bastards".

-Rei

fanfarefanfarealmost 8 years ago
Wait...What?

I thought pommies were those silly fuzzy balls shaken by cheerleaders during American True Rugby games....no?

Some sort of fruit...No?

Something uncomfortable to sit directly upon...whether a saddle or a sword?

A variant on Ack-Ack guns...No?

A South African Cricket?..Cicada?...screw it, it's Baseball dammit!

Pomeranian...A hairy-chested breed of British Bulldog?

A decorative gold fish?

I'm sure Og will cheerio & pip-pip clear this blimey confusion up for us!

abboncabboncalmost 8 years ago
Pommie...

is believed by many/most to be how you say the acronym POME, which stood, 200 years ago, for Prisoner of Mother England. In other words, a convict, almost always British, transported to Australia for what were often pretty minor crimes, such as stealing a loaf of bread. Most convicts, having served their time, elected to stay in Australia and start a new life.

It should, however, be noted that the Irish, Welsh and Scots object strongly to being lumped in with the English, and can be quite forceful in their response to being called Pommies or Poms.

Nick (former Pom, now Aussie citizen)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
I know you're trying to make a funny, but...

Try pom-pom for the fuzzy ball, pommel for the bump on the saddle, and pomegranate for the fruit. And don't forget pompous (they still wear those SILLY wigs in British courts of law, don't they?...).

As for the convicts staying on...I don't blame them, and it serves the Brits right for turning hundreds (thousands, even) of able-bodied and very often vicious men loose in a wilderness to fend for themselves, hoping they would die, but instead they got together and kicked out the very Brits who put them there and formed their OWN country. I've often wondered what makes the Europeans think that if they make it to shore and stick a pole in the ground, it now belongs to them, never mind that someone already lives there...ah, well...

grampaaloisiusgrampaaloisiusabout 2 years ago

Love it, thank you :)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
useroggbashan@oggbashan
1529 Followers
Can I now change bio? oggbashan was diagnosed as terminally ill and expected to be dead by June 2018. As you can see. I am still here. . As long as I can I will continue writing and posting on Literotica but there will be an end - soon. I don't expect anyone to like ALL of my...