All Comments on 'Is Enough Really Enough?'

by Blue88

Sort by:
  • 102 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Half Man Without Interest or Direction

This could have been a reasonably happy ending for each, but for some reason you never let him get up off the floor.

No lady friends or dating just withering away without purpose, whereas the cuckolder rejoins life and is / will be happy. What is the message Blue88???

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Are You Trying To Tell People NOT To Split

As far as I can tell, the story is really saying that divorced men are destined for depression and women always get over it...

Not a good ending in terms of "what's fair!".

But, otherwise, well written.

leapyearguyleapyearguyalmost 18 years ago
I hate to say it but

Arch doesn't deserve to cry. What? No he had his chance. Blues I really love your writing. This story though, You seemed to be bored with it at times. You are a master of description, at least for me. It's like watching a movie, it flows through my head that way. But as you build up the characters to a point you droped them quickly. Out of the blue Dee is fucking another man as you switched POV. The natural flow stopped, It was like hitting a speed bump. I had to stop and see what happened. IMO for what its worth, you cut the ending short. I say this because I know that I do it on my stories, I don't have the talent you do though. I guess I expect more from other writters than I do of myself.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
agree with the "half man" observation

both made terrible mistakes, hers more devious than his.

he's so resolute; and yet when he's down --- literally and figuratively --- the author never let the guy get up from where he's lying!

he's really reading the "engagement" lying on his back, really, so the newspapers didn't have to fall too high an altituted to the floor next to him,,,

please, if you decide later to "revisit" this story, don't make her dis-engage from that "English Nobleman" idiocy; just LET THE POOR CEO get up from where you laid him down, with straps!! she can have royalty, at 47, and he can move on to find another woman who could give him happiness and perhaps even a kid or two, now that he's at the peanacle of his career and could devote a substantial time to family and children,,,,

this way TWO PEOPLE would have their own respective happiness, rather than seeing them back to cry croc tears over their "loss years" and over his having a heart attacking watching her fucking another man in their bed; terrible and unnecessary "reconciliation", if you did attempt it!

Kanga40Kanga40almost 18 years ago
Good story

The ending is one of many that could have fitted here.

I agree with LYG that you seemed to lose steam towards the end, hence my lower mark. Dee goes to a concert, her first in years and then in ten or so lines she is engaged to be married????

On a personal level it irks me that so many authors have the cheater prosper and the one who put all the hard work into the marriage is left with nothing. What sort of mentality is that? You spent all that effort telling us how hard he tried to help her and put up with her, and to what end? Just to shit on him? What a waste of a good build up.

Real life, you say? Cobblers! So what? As someone else posted in a comment a while back:

"An elder relative who I admired once said, "Diarrhea is real but I certainly don't want to read about it." Fiction is intended to create hopes and dreams and possibilities. "Real" is well covered on the evening news; I don't need or desire to be tied to it in my writing efforts."

Plausible plots? Credible plots? Yes, but fiction by definition is not "real", so get over it authors and instead, use your imagination to entertain us.

I would credit the original author of that comment, but I saved the comment without the reference.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
successful professional but a loser professionally

nicely written story but i find it w/ no plausibilty. professional success does boost a person's confidence and that includes the libido. if anything else, the man would be having affairs here and there. just think, successful man, divorced, no kids, and pretty good looking? even if he is not looking, he would be a catch to alot of women. come on, alot of women wouldnt have any problem getting pregnant by him. she and her kid would be set, well, at least until the kid turns 18.

if the wife suffered depression because of her inability to get pregnant, then the husband would suffer 'mid-life crisis' earlier, too. again, make it more plausible.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightalmost 18 years ago
I enjoyed it.

The ending was more believable than having them rush into each other's arms and suddenly be happy. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
keep it coming

Keep it coming. Don't let it end there. You have me waiting on the edge of my chair.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
another chicken shit slighted story

this man caught hell mentally behind this woman and then the writer give her a happy ending.all of a sudden she heal and want to remarry.your logic sucks,but that with most of the writers on this site.the poor man in his office crying,what kind of b/s is that.he put up with her supposely depression for years and all of a sudden she fucking others and heal.now tell us she can have a baby now.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
agree with some of the other comments

I like most of your stories but I think that you should have more of your male protagonists move on and get over their failed relationships. In far too many of your stories the guy mopes around depressed without doing anything. This is all just my personal opinion so please don't take it personally.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Nasty ending

As in all wimp husband stories, you reward the whore and shit on the guy who was shit on by her in the first place. I comment on these so I can score it a Zero. What it deserves! What you deserve for rewarding the "BAD" character!

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 18 years ago
classic Blue88 yarn -- attack the wimp husband

well written but same ol shit from blue88

The reason why this story is another faliure with regard to the actual PLOT is that bluee88 makes the husband to be a GREAT guy one who really cares about his wife and marriage.

second the wife having been through depression once before Knows and sees herself slipping again... as she heads to the city of infidelity.

yet she does NOTHING to get help.... the wife is COUNTING on Mr amazing forgiving ANOTHER screw up on her part. This is a Character flaw ...

people are complex. very few folks that wiegh 600 lbs are also of GOOD character as a person. Very few people that commit embezzlement or steal or carjakc are also good persons.

A wife this self absorbed is NOT a good person.

so when Blu88 comes up with this ending -- its just ANOTHR super wimp hubby gets fucked over again for NOT forgiving self absorbed whore wife. She goes out on 1 date over 3 years -- but NOT him... and she is ready to get married again?

the guy? well he is still suffering... does bluee88 ever do any thing different?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Trend?

I could be somewhat wrong in sensing a trend in your work as it seems the male lead is taking the emotional fall and can't get up or is faulted for more than his share in the marriages failure.

Raise the bastard baby or not dual ending comes to mind where he is deluged with sappy inapropriate guilt at the end. Here a heart attack fells him tied to her cuckolding him in their marital bed and the poor bastard is never allowed to get up.

He never experiances life after years of dreary harpy puss and then her planned infidelity culminates in his actions of finality but not resurection.

Instead his sour look at life plumets again with your insightful emotional knife in his back - deja vu all over again. She climbed over him to life's happiness in spite of her selfish acts while you have him burrow deeper into what you have him deserve. Take that unreconciliation man!

I hate to say it but - you have taken heat for your position on reconciliation regardless of how damaged the male character is by her selfish grindings of disrespect. Now we have 1 & 1/2 split and die writer applied male reactions to her known intolerable faults.

What are you saying - take a reconciliation wimp or be a man and suffer fore-ever-more? What is your message / lesson?

Am I wrong in this - just over reacting? I think not but thats where I'm at without further clarity or another story to solidify the trend or dispel it.

Such talent writer.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Well written story, Blue!

Nice job of characterization. I liked the level of detail and the story was literate, as is usual for you.

I would like to see a sequel but this was fine on it's own. The ending allows the reader to exercise his/her imagination.

I see them getting back together - the article in the newspaper gets him off dead center.

Great read! Thanks, DJ

capecodmercurycapecodmercuryalmost 18 years ago
Realism

Blue, your ending was very uncomfortable for me. Perhaps mostly because it seemed so plausible. Some of the readers are attacking you because of the "wimp hubby getting hurt again" claim, but that's not how I read it.

It's the unfortunate fact that the innocent spouse in this type of situation is often the one that feels the long term pain. You keep your time line vague so its difficult to know how long the time period is before that last scene.

I think that some of the readers on this site sometimes want the cheating spouse to live a life of constant sorrow after the divorce remaining celibate forever in penance for their sins. They want the person to suffer a fruitless hope that the innocent spouse will come back some time in the future and forgive them.

But is that realistic? Yes there is sorrow for a time, but people on both sides will move on. When the cheater moves on and the innocent person doesn't, its tragic, but oh so true to life.

So, while I can't say I enjoyed the ending, it was just because I found it a tragedy that was too plausible to make me comfortable.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Very Uncomfortable Story

Blue,

I really really like your work, although this story is very uncomfortable, it is very very real. As usual a fine job. This is NOT about a wimp husband (do some of these readers realize that not every guy who does not dump on the ex is not a wimp? Probably not). It is about opportunities lost and man it hurts when they are.

Nicely done. Perhaps you will revisit these two.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Would enjoy a sequel.

I would enjoy seeing the author replaying part of this story in a sequel, allowing some time to pass before telling us what happened to both parties. Does Denise get over her depression? Does "Arch" fully recover and get on with dating or possibly remarriage? I really enjoyed no chiched "getting back together in this story". Keep up the good work!

budd100budd100almost 18 years ago
enjoyable read

As usual you have given us another very enjoyable story. I hope to read an ending soon. I won't tell you how to end the tale. That is up to you. Good luck.

louguy35louguy35almost 18 years ago
Dam! I Wish It Didn't Have to End This Way!

I am one who likes reconciliation when it is appropriate and a by-product of two people really trying to work out marital problems. I really hated to see this story end the way it did. It is true that Dee was self-absorbed, but she was also depressed. I do not know if there is such a thing as self-imposed depression but I do know that a wife's depression makes her highly vulnerable to being unfaithful. Should she be forgiven under these circumstances. I really do not know.

But I do know that in our society that relishes self-absorbtion and prizes narciscism, the cheating wife will almost always ends up better off than the victim of the cheating. Black-robed despot judges will see to that; laws written to pacify feminists will see to that; social "service" organizations will see to that; and the fact that the cheating wife has no conscience to bother her will see to that. (Studies and surverys done recently show that women hardly ever regret cheating) That is why in real life reconciliation is seldom accomplished.

To this extent the story is a reflection of the real world, and the ending is what one should expect. It is still sad, however, that this is the case.

Well written, Blue, and well constructed. Beginning, middle and ending...just as you said.

Cheers! (Hardly appropriate, unfortunately)

ChagrinedChagrinedalmost 18 years ago
Jeeze

And I thought I was depressing! You are a capable writer but I have noticed a sigular thread though your writing: they usually end on somekind of downer.

You really need to get out of that funk you are in and write something uplifting instead of making people want to leap out of a 12th floor window! Even Dostoyevsky (spelling incorrect) was more enjoyable than this!

Regards,

C

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Fine story-disappointing ending

You always write excellent stories Blue88 and this one is typical, but to me your ending was disappointing.Wife goes into a true depreesion when she can't have children and husband supports her with love and caring til she showns some signs of improving even tho she is not the same happy wife pre-depression. Then all ofa sudden, she decides an affair may help and on her first sexual foray husband walks in and sees her while he is having a heart attack. He then refuses to see or talk to her and files for divorce. they separate and never meet again. Poor ending. If he can love and support her during years of depression, why can't he at least talk to her after her one adulterous episode.Seems like the end was "slam, Bam we're done Maam". I guess I just like happy endings. 60 year old George

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 18 years ago
Sad story, but well written and realistic

I disagree with the criticisms of the ending - Blue's ending is very logical. Sad but logical. He just needs to go on with his life and find somebody else.

Risq_001Risq_001almost 18 years ago
Welp, hmmmmmmmm

On one hand Blue, you wrote a pretty engaging story. Let's be honest a second. You have the ability to bring the characters alive and give them some pretty believable dialog. That takes skill. And honestly not many writers or wannabe writers have that.

But on the other hand most of your stories remind me of Edgard Allen Poe or the Grim Brothers. In the Grim Brothers fairy tales (where most modern or happy ending stories come from) when they told the stories first (like the little match girl) all their stories had "Grim" or unhappy endings. Thus why they were called the "Grim" brothers. And almost all of Poe's poems are dark and grim. Never could say that if I wasn't forced to read them in class I would have given them much thought.

But in your stories it seems, similar to what the Anon poster below said, the guys get the shaft an awful lot. In most of them it's almost always the wife that cheats and the husband left with dealing with how to get past that, and in the majority of them he does and takes her back for a "Stronger marriage". Why? I mean in a world of equal opportunity cheating, to me that is, it makes the husband look undesirable that almost always it's the wife cheating and the husband waiting at home till she's done or in the dark for awhile till he catches her. Its almost like no woman would ever have him, except for the desperate woman he married. And now that some other males are looking at her with intrest, she should explore that for being forced to live with that undesirable male. And the male as part of his gratitude for her gracing him should put up with it. No I know that's not what you mean when you write a story, but thats really how it seems to feel.

Most of the stories I can say I'm not a fan of along these lines are the ones where the main characters are of wives having other men's children and passing them off as their husband, cheating on their husbands (often in their bed), or having many lovers and the husbands staying in the dark till one fateful day where they find out the truth. Most of them antagonize over the pain the betrayal brings, only to totally forgive and forget. If they don't then they are portrayed as evil.

But I've always wondered, and this story kinda made me see it again, why is it that the wife can find first someone to cheat on her husband with, then later find another guy to see while she is rebuilding her life, but the husband never seems to do this. He sits in the corner slack eyed and drooling, playing the role of the village idiot that no woman in her right mind would want? Some of us would like a male to either root for or identify with. This guy is someone most of us would avoid.

Again, good writing. Your a very good author and it takes time and effort to come up with believable dialog. But I just wonder if the males in your story might become more popular with other females after a divorce (if it happens) or someone might remotely have intrest in them while the wife is cheating, or will the wife be the only female intrested and after a couple years get rewarded with a few extra marital cheat sessions for her troubles of putting up with such an undesirable male?

-Risq

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
OH YEAH

Another the guy gets kicked in the nuts and his "loving wive" comes out smelling like a rose. Now I'm DEPRESSED!!! The only reason I gave you a 25 is because you do write very well. Ending SUCKED!!

fumunda cheezefumunda cheezealmost 18 years ago
Blue

There is no reason not to have these two make up. There are a lot of issues to work out but sure as hell no reason to waste all those years.

Until the know is tied, he has a window of opportunity to make things right. There are a hell of a lot of reasons a man or a woman cheats for that matter. The love was still there on his part. You said he thought about the early years a lot.

I enjoyed the story a lot. The guy is not a wimp and she never tried to rub his nose in her stupid mistake.

Please write a sequel. Maybe even a test for her to see if she will cheat on the fiance. She doesn't and that tells him that maybe she has changed.

In this case with your ending, it was a good thing there were no children involved however. C'mon Blue give us a sequel. I had an old flame when I was 18 years old. I am 66 now, and by God, If I had the chance today, I'd divorce my wife and marry her in a New York minute. I still love her and I will till the day like the George Jones song, "He Stopped Loving Her Today." When they carried him away and buried him.

KublaiKhanIIIKublaiKhanIIIalmost 18 years ago
per capecodmercury's observations

I don't think some of the critical observors --- at least no all of them --- just want the cheating spouse to suffer for eternity.

The author, as you one and you know, has TOTAL control of his/her story (from characterization to plot to whatever else), including this one by Blue.

The author, Blue, has written a story and he's put it out there for the readership to "judge": "Here, guys, see what you think."

For a few, no matter what a good writer does ("a good author" is not a universal thing; he may be good to a lot or merely those who worship his every word only), they are always saying, "You are the man; you tell like it is. Great job!"

For SOME OTHERS, they take a story and read it as a STORY, without much thoughts to THE AUTHOR. One story at a time, not one author at a time! If they see that the story is NOT logical ---- like this one --- then they call what it is.

This story is about two hard working people; both decent. The wife found out earlier on that she couldn't have a child; she became depressed, of and on, for many years. They both work hard at maintaining a family. He tried to be as helpful and sensitive as he could. PLEASE, NOTE ALL THE REFLECTION from the NARRATOR! (If he's not what he said he was, the AUTHOR would have made the narrator tell us he's been having affairs, etc.; but NO, that's not the case, is it?)

She's approaching 45 and wanted to see if she still had sexuality/sensualness, she "reasoned". Besides, she said, she and the husband had not been having sex for sometime. Well, guess what? Both were not making any effort to have romance! But SHE was making a lot of effort to see if you still had IT, so she brought someone in to their home and fucked him on their marital bed. The poor husband came home and saw the jack hammer and collapsed, having a heart attack.

He THEN became VERY, VERY RESOLUTE. Again, please, NOTE THE RELFECTION of the protagonist: He said it might as well be this way, though very hard on him and he's sure on her, too, because they both truly loved each other despite all the mistakes and miscommunication they've made or didn't have,,, THAT'S VERY LOGICAL, REAONABLE, no???

But once the divorce came to pass, not only her (she had a good reason: she brought someone in to their marital bed and fucked him there and caused the poor hubby to have a heart attack, next to the fucking couple, remember?), not only her but HE, TOO, just couldn't move on.

Eventually, after some two or so years, SHE MOVED on, at her sister's encouragement, and went to some big party and met some "English nobleman" and was now engaged.

What happened to the guy, who's now a CEO of the company he worked his whole life? He's still so depressed over the whole thing, he couldn't eat, couldn't sleep, couldn't date (didn't want to date, though women young and old were lining up).

He SUPPOSEDLY was so caught up in the tragedy of his life, so remorseful over the fact, that he couldn't have done more than he did to love that woman, causing her to fuck another man on their bed (so his own heart attack, deserved or not, was, OF COURSE, understandable!!!), and even after some years have come to pass, HE COULDN'T MOVE on, still holding something for her OR SIMPLY stuck with himself somewhere in memories of those good years earlier on.

Yes, he didn't want to see her since he own somewhat deserved heart attack and resolutely went for the divorce. But secretely, he's been following her every move all these years (not that she made much moves until recently). But now she's ENGAGED TO SOME ENGLISH ROYALTY, and he's holding the PEOPLE'S MAGAZINE news article in his hands, with tears, longing, regrets, anguish, sadness, yearning, and all that boiling from deep down!

I mean, really, is that believable?

Remember, BLUE, the author HAD THE NARRATOR tell us that perhaps this was for the best for both of them: the divorce, as he could not have done much more for her, for their marriage, after many years of soul searching on both's part; and they were drifting apart any way. Both wanted children but both loved each other enough so that even without it, they'd stay together, with both building their professional careers,,,, Right?

So, she hit 45 and felt old --- and from all the pressure and depressive moods --- she brought someone ("a big mistake"!!) in to fuck on their marital bed; he caught her and said, okay, that's the last straw; this marriage could only go this far and no further,,,,, Resolutely saw to it that it ended there.

But YEARS LATER he's still thinking about the marriage, about her, about him and her and their life together as wekk as their not being together any more and how she's now engaged to be married to some Egnlish noble man? And how sad, tragic, wistful, jealous, remorseful, and regretful he's feeling over that never was and never would be but WISH it were otherwise??????

I mean, really, waht the fuck, really! This is a CEO running a major company, right? Is this BELIEVABLE, that's what the THINKING reader --- not a worshiping but a thinking reader --- wants to know! LOL

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
I have to agree with Risq...

that the husband (innocent party) got the shaft. It seems that he is miserable with her and miserable without her. I think that you should write a sequel for no other reason than to give Arch closure. He stuck by her through her depression and the brain-dead aftermath. She screws another guy and he has a heart attack. Then she goes to one social affair and she becomes engaged to a Brit Lord. How about some balance or is this guy some kinda of alltime loser?

Anyway, I hope that Arch realize that it is over and moves on with his life. Stuff happens so what you wrote was totally realistic but the ending sucked.

SleeplessinMD

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Good but needs a closure

I enjoyed it, but I would like more closure between the Arch and Dee. Hopefully in the future you'll give us some. Thanks for the words.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Good

The ending is sad but realistic. As for the husband, each of us holds the power to make ourselves happy. Arch caught his wife cheating and divorced her. Well and good. If he wanted to reconcile with her, than he should have done so. Since he chose not to, he needs to get on with his life and find another woman or pursue his ex-wife. As for a sequel, do what you want to do.

Boyd

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Well done

Nicely done, Blue. I found your characterization of Dee's depression quite realistic and consistent with my experience. Depression is a sinister malady and denial is a fearsome enemy. Understanding that "I need help" is not simple nor is it easy.

One commentator remarked that he considered her depression to be a character flaw. I think she was sick so I suppose HarryinVA must believe that illness is a character flaw. I guess Arch's coronary was just a character flaw, too.

The tale was indeed sad but life isn't all roses and champagne, kiddies. It's damn sad sometimes and like The Wanderer says, "Life goes on."

MetzovMetzovalmost 18 years ago
We all seem to vote differently

I vote on how I like the story. A large part of that is how much I liked the characters. While you did a great job of bring them to life the wife had nothing going for her. Anyone would feel sorry for a woman that really wanted children and found she couldn't have them, But she was so self absorbed that she never gave a thought about how she was treating her marriage. Never seemed to care enough to make an effort until after she had destroyed it. The husband may have been a nice guy, But he was ether depressed or sick through the whole story. I ended up feeling cold towards both of them.

I see some of the other commenter's gave you good scores for your writing and the realism of the story, And on those points their right, But if I buy a book and find when I read it that the author is really talented, But I hated the story do you really think I'll buy his next one? For me it all comes down to the story. Talent and ability are just the tools used. If I don't like the story then no mater how well written it was it wasn't a good one.

RPBPhotoRPBPhotoalmost 18 years ago
Right Up Until The End...

A really well written story but I was really disappointed with the ending. From the standpoint of emotional, moral and what I can only describe as "frontier justice," you really missed the mark with the ending. He suffered through a horrific time of a marriage, plus all of the pain of a cheating wife, with a resulting heart attack - - and he winds up alone. She, on the other hand, seems to have been the cause of all of the grief - - and then cheated -- and she winds up happily in a new relationship. Something is wrong - - and its too bad because you write well, convey emotions and we can feel your characters. Perhaps you can fix things with a continuation of their story some time down the road.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
SUCKED

The 25 is for taking the time to write it.

Nightowl22Nightowl22almost 18 years ago
Is the outcome REALLY logical?

Arch should realize that she was in a depressed state when she committed her terrible mistake. Knowing that should allow him to LOGICALLY figure she would never do that if she wasn't depressed. Constantly yearning for their early years together would seem to push him toward helping Denise and returning them both to that emotional euphoria.

I don't think it logical to abandon your loving wife when you know she is emotionally ill.

Does it hurt? Obviously he is deeply hurt by what she did but he should know more about her condition that allowed it.

Why doesn't good old Bernie do a much better job of pointing out that Denise was not of her right mind when she made the mistake. And, after all the years of analyzing Arch should understand. Does he?? NO! He doesn't even consider trying to understand. A loving husband, desperately yearning for the return of his wife's mental health, would have, I am sure. AND, in three years time, his hurt should have diminished to near nothing leaving just the memories of their wonderful years together.

I hated the ending. And I don't really believe it to be logical.

Possible but not logical.

I also find it illogical that Denise would make no attempt to explain the situation and profess her love for him.

The story was well written. That is the general consensus. But the ending........? How much time elapsed from the time Denise went to the Social gathering until the engagement announcement?? No particular effect on the story, just a fact that seems to make the engagement disjointed; almost like it happened overnight.

Great story but the ending sucks.

KOLKOREKOLKOREalmost 18 years ago
Cheers for a quantum leap of a story!

Metzov brought an interesting point. I will not rephrase it, but rather turn it to the author’s side of the coin. Should an author aim at a crowd pleaser? And I don’t say that disapprovingly. Many times, maybe most of the time, that’s exactly what I need. Or should the author aim at putting a mirror to life in the way he sees it and “pay the price” with less popular votes? It’s a real dilemma with no hidden agenda. Sure, some will always criticize a story no matter what direction you go…But Dear Blue, I think there is bright light at the end of the tunnel! Because, while valid to a point, this distinction in the long run is IMO not what principally counts in favor or against an author. It’s the cumulative improvement of the writing skills; the growing sophistication of the plot and the maturity and depth of characters which will make any particular ending or theme – so much less relevant.

This story was a breakthrough story for you. The characters were more believable and balanced more than I remember in previous stories; and the writing itself was tighter. As for the psychological pursuit, I wish other writers would read the following quote from Blue before proceeding with their writing: “Oh, she knows the superficial reasons, crossing over to middle-age, a sense of loss of her youth, etc. etc. What she doesn't understand is why that should have made her act in such a stupid manner”. Even putting forward this questions as a challenge (no answers are necessary at all times) is a great step forward! IMO, no writer should feel that he/she could ignore this kind of questioning in a context of a similar type of a story.

Blue, I guess my advise to you is don’t try to please any particular taste. Just try to write better and better. Over time, the cheers for good quality will follow too.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Another view

Pity the Brit?

peggytwittypeggytwittyalmost 18 years ago
Marvelous story of life as so many experience

I’ve only been able to catch up of late on Literotica and missed this story in my perusal. I haven’t read the other comments as I didn’t want to be influenced by others assessments before my feelings I encountered were watered down.

I have to say it is great to see a story of feelings shown in a marriage of one person fighting their demons and the other suffering along with compassion and seeing no end in sight of this going on forever.

Everything portrayed by these characters is so real to life it’s perfect in so many ways. Many people have problems and/or expectations in their relationships that they feel will someday be rectified with time. People don’t change without some kind of an epiphany and of course the infidelity and destruction she caused brought on her manifestation. This let him become free of having to go on giving over and over to someone he loved but would not acknowledge to him her love. It showed him she was not what he thought she truly was and depression or not he had to move on or get drag down in her world of darkness.

Would she have had realized her self-flagellation without the events of that horrific day? Maybe sometime down the road something else would have brought out her realization of her state and sought help, but some people drag through their whole life in a depressed state.

It’s obvious Arch is torn still about leaving her even after her betrayal and he will have to come to grips with the fact he was ok in doing just that. She has never really been the woman he first enjoyed. He then can move one without any feeling of guilt in walking away. He needs to find a source or confidant to relieve his guilt.

Could they reconcile? They are not the same people anymore and would have to realize that. On a new basis of reality they have an old base to try, but so much baggage is attached. Who would each be to the other and what expectations would be real or a façade.

This story is so good as the ending can stand wholly on its own. I would hope you in 6 months or a year revisit this former couple and take us on another ride of discovery. Please if asked, don’t let someone else add to this story as only you should continue what you have so superbly written. If you feel you are done with this story for good then leave it as it is, it is just to good to let others mess with.

This to me is one of your very best efforts. Thank you for such enriching entertainment and real to life expressions of people striving to cope with expectations and what’s really right in front of them.

BRAVO

With the highest of respect

Peggytwitty

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
not enough

I love reading your stories but this is one i wish i hadnt started. You left me hanging which i hate. This story needs a sequella that gets these two back together.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
all your stories end that way

manhater and women licker from behind that's your theme..why have the man crying at the end and he was fucked over and the wife was a bitch and whore and happy.something wrong with that ending.

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 18 years ago
of course Hubby gets Shaft--look who wrote it

Its well written but same old shit from bluee 88...a great writer who cannot seem to move away from the idea that Hubbys gets fucked by lying cheating self centered wives then do nohting for years and years....

sometmes in these stories the hubby is neglectful mean cold or even abusive. But in THIS story we have Just the opposite-- an EXCEPTIONAL husband who went out of his way to find answers and his wife some help

how long was she fucking this HARRY guy? were ALL of those meetings fuck sessions?

hubby gets the shaft ina Blue88 story? NOooooo! surely NOT. The next thing you will tell me is water is wet and the sky is Blue

Alvaron53Alvaron53almost 18 years ago
Well done

Good story, Blue. I appreciated the realism of the characters and the way their marriage ended. Your critics seem to forget that 50% of marriages in the good ol' USA end in divorce. Stories like this one illustrate why. Some are unhappy because the cuckolded husband was suffering at the end while his wife had moved on with her life. Lest we forget, hellfire and damnation comes after death. I would not condemn her for wanting to happy after so many years of being unhappy. Her husband made the choice not to reconcile with his ex-wife as was his right. If that choice was an unhappy one, it was nonetheless the one that he made.

Thanks again for your effort. It is appreciated,

--Alvaron53

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
The story can't be all bad

Blue:

You got Harryin Va ticked off and that can't be all bad. I figured Don with a bunch of numbers would be screaming because she didn't get knocked up even though she couldn't. You told the story the way you saw it and that's as it should be. I will say that the end left things kind of hanging but I see there's a chapter 2 waiting. Thank You. Ronnie W.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
THIS is a "LOVING" Wife Story?

HOW??! How in the hell could this be called a "Loving Wife" story? She almost KILLS the poor bastard, "and he had no interest in the house", not to mention the fact that the reason given for the divorce was a stupid one(Irreconciliable Differences???). I mean you gotta know that every judge out there knows that he or she NEEDS to ask just what the actual reasons are in ANY divorce, so they do, in fact an "interrogatory" and ASKS both spouses as to the true reasons. If both spouses are in agreement and neither spouse has behaved in a way that caused damage to the marriage, then they ALLOW the reasons to stand. If either spouse actually did something "off the reservation" and mortally injured the marriage, then the judges' job is to "protect the rights of the injured party". And a Judge WILL!

Wifey almost killed the poor bastard and there's no way the judge would have allowed that to stand alone. And the final "Ending". What a GYP! She had a "Morals Clause" in her contract; most if not all financial types' do, and her partner would have had the responsibility to the husband for up to 20% of his annual salary (from all sources) and hubster would've gotten it! NOT TO MENTION THAT FUCKING HOUSE!! And I woulda burned it!Nope! Not a realitic ending!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
ex-husband got what he wanted

She screwed up, everyone suffered, time goes on, and people keep on living Life... the husband got everything he wanted, so it is kind of puzzling why he felt sad at the end when he saw that his ex stopped living in the past and moved on with her life. Perhaps that husband should have went to some therapy as well to learn how to let go of the past and move on?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
:) Yep

Wrong my friends.. If he and her choose to let their marriage end and he choose to give her whatever then no judge will come between them..You may be thinking of catholic Country's when you wrote that upset 'snippet'.. And it's proper that those who lived together have the final say, as long as they are sane of course :).. Strange how people can't see how true such a description of marriage can become over time.. I guess you are challenging a lot of 'closet hiders' here that not want to scrutinize themself or their own life's to closely.. And you try to be truthful in your writing which at least I appreciate..Cheers Yoron

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Do all your characters...

feel ready for marriage after a few weeks? No wonder it never works out.At least at first.(Gee, I wonder what happens in part two?)-good writing anyway!Pistolpackinpete

inSanitylaneinSanitylaneabout 15 years ago
How Sad

Good story and well written. I wish sometimes there could be two endings to these stories. That way those who like it bad and those who hope it's good could have their ending. I know it doesn't work that way. For those who haven't had to, it is very difficult to live with someone who has a mental illness. Chronic Depression had severely aided in their marital demise. Even without the infidelity, they would both have had to work hard to restore bliss. That said, the ending seemed way too rushed. Up until the quick "let me get out of here and find new love" attitude, I believe that they should have got together and at least talked. That would have helped solidify feelings, even if just to say "I wish you well..goodbye". Thanks anyway for not just killing them in the end.

leoguyleoguyabout 13 years ago
A very good story

I am caught up in the mixed up lives of the characters and feel empty without a good ending. This is really a good read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Well written and executed.

Easy 4 stars.

chytownchytownabout 12 years ago
Very Real!

Thanks for sharing.

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 12 years ago
Ignorance is a bitch

Shutting down and not communicating is very satisfying as punishment. The opposite is awkward and painful. Trouble is...telling yourself and others that it is over doesn't necessarily make that true, as this tale emphasizes. She had help and got past a bad mistake eventually.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 12 years ago
Sad

I believe Arch got a raw deal. He put up with his wife's depression and lived with the indifference until she cheated. He lived through the heart attack and the divorce. Now in the end Denise meets someone and is happy. I hope ch. 2 leads to Denise's having another failed marriage. We shall see...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Judas

feasting on juicy cock, he takes it in the cornhole, betrayed!

TornadoTysTornadoTysabout 11 years ago
Raw Deal

I feel for Arch he really got shafted by his wife for years and then gets another kick in the balls

What a raw deal !

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 11 years ago
Life will do that

Screw the good guy over and over - heh

Reward the fuck ups and losers -

Let's see how part 2 goes - he deserves better

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Of course he is going to get shafted!

Otherwise no chapter 2. How do you spell Cluck, cluck, cluck?

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 11 years ago

I just realized the comment I posted below was placed on the wrong story. Please delete it and save me the embarrassment of having it on public display. I am so sorry.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 11 years ago
Loved it

I really did read this story, despite what I accidentally posted below. I read multiple stories on my ipad while I do my elliptical workout and then post comments after I finish. I hit the wrong tab and thought I was commenting on the other story I read.

Oh well, this story itself is brilliant! Heart wrenching to say the least. It is unfortunate that he didn't take the time to talk with her. She tried. He can't be blamed for his behavior, but now he will live with regrets. At least I think he will. Of course, there is still a chance for him to see if she would choose him over this new guy.

OverthefallsOverthefallsover 10 years ago
Well it's an ending

Why would he cry when he saw she was getting remarried? He got exactly what he wanted - a divorce. And in the aftermath he steadfastly refused any attempts to get him to reconsider or talk to her. That's one thing I'll never figure out in these stories. Why would you divorce someone without talking to them? It seems to me that you'd have some questions that you'd like answers for just to get closure. Yeah - BTB to the ground has its appeal in some cases. This didn't seem to be one of them. This felt too much like real life. His ego buried him. Nicely written but depressing as hell.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
should he ?

I would be tempted to send a letter to the soon to be second husband, just in case he did not know the details of the first marriage.

rightbankrightbankabout 10 years ago
You really don't like good guys do you?

Why not kick him while he is down? It certainly won't make the story any less depressing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Impossible Ending

She is a depressive hermit and she goes out and gets a cosmopolitan British nobleman? What crap.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Not too bad

Certainly one of your better stories. Boy most of your tales are either bitter & twisted or real painful emotionally. It was hard to tell who was the most depressed Dee or Arch. 4****

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Denise couldn't and would never be able to have children. She was diagnosed with polycystic ovarian syndrome and the likelihood of her becoming pregnant was extremely doubtful.

Utter BULLSHIT, I have PCOS, a few of my friends do too and guess what, we ALL have kids.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
So True

Betrayal then loss of trust.

They can never be together again.

But if they were truly in love, they will never ever get over it.

Very sensitively told, good writing.

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
YES----I WOULD SAY IT WAS A BARN BURNER

discovering your wife becoming engaged. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Dear Annony, you fucking tard, he writes these stories in a hope

you'll read them and drop dead with a heart attack. The entire world would rejoice if you did!! Gave it a 5

Tim413413Tim413413almost 9 years ago
A very good story

especially seeing the author popped out chapter 2 three weeks later. If the story had ended here, the readers would be left to guess. My guess = he, too, would have gotten on with his life.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 8 years ago
Second time through...

Still five stars.

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3almost 8 years ago
What Crap

You create a totally impossible and destructive marriage and finally blow it up with adultery. Now contrary to all reality you are setting up a reconciliation. Why do you seem to believe that the creator of a disasterous marriage situation has to be cuddled and pandered to if the consequences of her actions are psychologically painful to her?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

Hope fag88 is dead. -1

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Can we give no stars!

Total crap, her still loved her and should have done smoothing about it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
WHY?

What sick perverted, demented mind would wish someone dead just because you don't like what he wrote? There as so many of you out there (or maybe just you reading all these stories) that read these stories and complain bitterly. If you don't like these, fine. Just DON'T READ THEM!!!!

Have you nothing better to do with your life? Are you that bitter with your lot that this is your only form of self-medication.

Truly, get a life!

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3over 7 years ago
Pathetic

Starting the reversal of everything you have written previously to force a reconciliation.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I wonder...

... what percentage of LW protagonists are successful business men?

StormKing33StormKing33almost 7 years ago
4* Okay, but not realistic.

All of Dee's depression can come not having kids which seems to be a common plot device for you. So Blue let me you that there are options such as foster care, adoption, Big Bros/Big Sisters, all of which I personalky know are there. There is also in-vitro. Of course, you wouldnt have a story then.

stillaonewomanmstillaonewomanmover 6 years ago
this certainly didnt end

You say it was a complete story? Why didnt you have two misserable people get back together or at least let him have another. Seems you wanted misery.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Seemed like a miserable ending to me

If you could consider it an ending. I didn't.

danoctoberdanoctoberalmost 6 years ago
Very nice.

Pushing all the right buttons.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Too sad

This one ended.too sadly for me. Denise doesn't deserve to be happy.

Martyr2002Martyr2002over 5 years ago
Again another victim can’t move on

Why can’t Arch move on?

I smell another RAAC coming!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Good Stuff

Depression is an insidious condition that eats at a person’s soul from the inside out. It can destroy relationships, marriages, lives. There can be many causes for it, but unfortunately, very few “fixes” for it. Many people suffering with it decide to just check out. Maybe with pills, or a razor blade to their wrists, or maybe a dozen other ways. Few people who haven’t lived with someone suffering with clinical depression understand how it can destroy lives. This story was a lot more realistic than many people might think. For me, it hit too close to home. But thanks, Blue88, for such a realistic portrayal of that damned disease.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Why does the women win again?

OK they both were miserable for years and they cared for each other but she was the one that caused the destruction and did so over years. I get it that some folks move on and others don't but now we end up seeing she "wins" he loses. In my mind she finds out she is settling and she lives a loveless second marriage constantly whining for her ex.

I enjoyed the story, keep writing,

jtwheelsjtwheelsover 4 years ago
Lot of stories posted here make the man depressed still in love and stagnant

Women caused it and if not RAAC few BTB most men win caught cheaters but lose as can't get past it

Artie88Artie88about 4 years ago
Again, going for the CRAP ending.

Wish the author could plan their stories better, with endings that complimented the rest of the story.

They must be at a loss to figure out how to plot and craft a story. Or get very lazy ALL THE TIME

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 4 years ago
Life can be like that.

Grief and pain can lead people to throw away what they want the most. Your critics may reject an unhappy ending, but life can be like that. The author did a good job telling a sad tale.

TorgauTorgaualmost 4 years ago

I guess the moral is "cheat, nearly kill your husband, destroy your marriage, and prosper." Not terribly appealing, at least to me.

MarkT63MarkT63over 3 years ago

Arch was right in dumping the bitch...

kirei8kirei8over 3 years ago
Torgau was exactly right on

With your story. The only thing you forgot to mention was his "fragile ego" getting damaged. Don't even try to "revisit" this story. Nothing can salvage this train wreck!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

So, what's the big deal with allowing the characters to move on in their lives. They'd reached the expiration date of their relationship. They both were unhappy and unsatisfied because the wife could never move on beyond not being able to have children and lived in a in a constant self pity state and took it out on her husband.

"She is at a complete loss as to why she did what she did. " See this is utter bullshit. Women also know WHY they choose to have sex with some one else other than their spouse. It's called - entitlement. People cheat because they feel entitled to cheat. Here, the wife felt she was entitled to cheat because life had been cruel to her and owed her. Everything else is just flimsy excuses to explain away selfish and shitty choices. Own your shit and fuckedupness.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Again another story where the author takes you to the brink but never quite completes the story. The author hasn't published in years so doubtful the story will ever get the final episode the readers deserve.

As usual the piss poor comments from the mindless who think the story is a treatise on life and love rather than a fantasy that would never play out in real life.

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

Epic fail of a story for me.

The anon with this one gave me a chuckle " Women also know WHY they choose to have sex with some one else other than their spouse. It's called - entitlement. "

And with men its just what? Being an un-entitled ass? Pussy hound. Men also know WHY they fuck anything that moves too. And with men its fine when dudes cheat but women are sluts for the same behavior. Its called misogyny.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It’s still entitlement, you can’t use misogyny as a shield for being an inconsiderate pos. More like iamweasel

MikodaMikodaabout 2 years ago

Iameasel must be a collage brainwashed, I mean "educated" toxic feminist. Unfortunately cult behavior is hard to undo.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

It's his own fault. He deserves to be tormented. If he gives no forgiveness, he gets none.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

As you presented this tale Your MC had to have his ex wife make the decision for him to get on with his life..sad you chose to make a man have such weak knees..He made the correct decision and should have moved on with his life.

KiwihunterKiwihunterover 1 year ago

It's a sad indictment of the society we live in that a man has to end a relationship because it is expected that you should walk away from it rather than work on it. When did men become so weak that they abandon their partner at yje first opportunity. They obviously are so weak and have such bad role models that the first thing they do is run away like cowards. Truly a sad situation that does no one any good.

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 1 year ago

Rotten as fk. Flatter than a plate full of piss. Shittier than a pledge who was fed xlax along with his shots. Dumber than a loving wives story that turns a happily married woman into a wanton cunt in two seconds because a handsome man asked her to dance (cough, February Sucks)

In short this is gross. And for once, I think I am going to do something about it.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous