All Comments on 'Is It Just Business?'

by BlueFellow

Sort by:
  • 242 Comments (Page 3)
WillowghbyWillowghbyover 1 year ago
Some Thoughts:

1. The plot device of a 12yo boy's pledge to never break up a family due to sex is a weak hook to hang a heavy story like this upon. This devotion to a juvenile promise takes Jon's character from unknowing (ignorant?) cuckhold to an idiot.

2. Natalie is a pimp. Additionally, being 'besties' with Linda, and playing normal with Jon in social settings is really low subterfuge.

3. Grant is a predator prick. Seducing, then purchasing sex from employees is pretty low stuff in my book. Then he exchanges sex partners like some trade in a car? Shit ball.

4. Linda 'compartamentalizes' her dual lives. Like that makes it okay? Would she ever discuss this duality with her mother? Her sister? Her priest? ...No?...then I guess she understands the absence of morality she is living in every day.

.

In conclusion, the four main characters are all pieces of shit. The kids remain innocent but are not really central to the action. Despite being a truly well written story, the reader is not likely to have any sympathy for any character and a largely negative reaction to the story.

Thanks for a really well written contribution. I enjoyed reading it, despite these misgivings. I am happy to see that you/your editor can use the lie/lay verbs correctly, but palled is not the same as paled. I know, minor BS. Thanks again!

Keep 'em comin'.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Burn the fucking bitch. I would have made her sign a post nup to give everything to me but the shirt on her back if she leaves and i det full custody of the kids and all retirements and cash. No exceptions and then after its sll signed and documented thru lawyers spring tbe part where she has to bring grants sister or a replacement to the house for the next 5 years and i fuck grants sister in front of her and make her watch. Or i immediately file for divorce. Fuck her over big time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Ehhh... Thats all? I am all for reconciliation but she got off with just a slap on the wrist

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

For what it's worth.... I know BlueFellow is the original author and thus "knows" the characters better than anyone, but the Linda in this story is a very much different woman than the one he portrays in the earlier story. In that one she moons on about how she needs Grant's big cock and his dominant sex and she intends to keep having sex with him, if I recall correctly, for the rest of her life. In short, she is a cocky bitch who is going to get her way and she is very off-handed about her husband. "He's a great primary care giver for her kids."

This Linda is shattered by the thought that her husband has found out and may divorce her. She immediately without prompting breaks up with Grant. She is remorseful willing to do just about anything to prevent a split; she is humbled, grief stricken...you get the idea. This is just not the character portrayed in the first story and there is nothing to explain the change. Husband and his vow to "never break up the family over sex" by an unfaithful spouse is an unbelievable device. A multi-year multi-times per week affair which she chooses to continue after she "retires" is so disrespectful, such an abnegation of her marriage vows that I don't see how he takes her back. 1*

RazorFishRazorFishover 1 year ago

Great story, but he should have divorced her, and taken revenge on Grant. I'm really not a BTB fan, but this betrayal was too much to overcome.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The only person who really paid any price was the cuck husband. Yeah, the wife and her lover aren't seeing each other anymore, but the husband has to live with the shame, emasculation, humiliation, and label of cuckold.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 1 year ago

Post-nup and dump her when the kids move out

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The author's idea of what is "possible" in real life is grossly distorted, unless you write the husband as a willing cuck. The "pledge" as a plot device is inane.

DeanofMeanDeanofMeanover 1 year ago

What a crock, but such a well written crock. I don't think in his place, grant being able to breath, would be something I could live with.

michaellajonesmichaellajonesover 1 year ago

definitely tapered off very quickly to become an accepting cuckold, no possible way cheating for 12 years could be in any way acceptable. The husband's story would have been better served by showing how he fought his own pledge to do the right thing as had his own mother, realising that no matter what you promise sometimes it is unreasonable to stick to one.

WargamerWargamerover 1 year ago

I voted on the story and it’s outcome. Do you really believe any man would accept what your character accepted? Ask any man who has been cheated on and ask women as well. There you will find reality and not just your attempt at reality.

And yes l was cheated on in my life, my ex did it for kicks with her girlfriend showing her the ropes clubbing. Fortunately l was only 4 years into our relationship.

I got rid of her asap, the split was bad, she was a greedy bitch as well..

Come this March l’ve been married 40 years to a better loving woman, I never looked back.

I suggest you take a hard look at reality it might just shock and surprise you.

Originally scored 1/5 it remains so.

DrgwngDrgwngover 1 year ago

Absolute Drek. Positive comments for this garbage will come only from those strong , solid willing cucks of which there are many on this site. Author needs to attach as many cuck tags as possible, then will attract thos readers and score will ascend right up the scale. No man with any self respect would accept twelve years of lies and deception. Just too much hill to climb.

RodzzzRodzzzover 1 year ago

The slut has been soiled, dirtied, scum-filled and adulterated by another man cum........but the wimp took her back anyway.

AlanDavidAlanDavidabout 1 year ago

I’m very real. I liked it, although I’d have liked to see a different ending. But her husbands background didn’t leave room for that. He wasn’t a ex navy deal, or a marine, or It didn’t mention anything about him practicing Karate in school. So a violent or aggressive reaction from him was never expected. …….. However if he’d been the serial cheater all those years, she would have crushed him in Divorce. But it was a easy read. I liked it. 5 stars from me . ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AlanDavidAlanDavidabout 1 year ago

I’m very real. I liked it, although I’d have liked to see a different ending. But her husbands background didn’t leave room for that. He wasn’t a ex navy seal, or a marine, or It didn’t mention anything about him practicing Karate in school. So a violent or aggressive reaction from him was never expected. …….. However if he’d been the serial cheater all those years, she would have crushed him in Divorce. But it was a easy read. I liked it. 5 stars from me . ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

JayZipJayZipabout 1 year ago

I agree with a couple of the Anonymous commenters, that part-2 Linda seems like a different woman from part-1 Linda, and that the reconciliation seems un-earned. I'm not sure what I'd like to see different; maybe some more drama when the kids leave home and the main character has to decide if he can leave now without violating his childhood vow.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I'm not sure I could take back a wife that had lied to me for such a long time, and had fucked another man a minimum of 520 sessions, no matter how much she swore she loved me. "Should have thought of that the first time, literal whore." I don't understand the thinking where a spouse who loved their spouse could even think about this. It just doesn't compute. Even if I cheated and my spouse never found out, I would know, and that in itself would probably kill the relationship. It just doesn't make sense. If you really love someone, you don't cheat on them, even once.

Cracker270Cracker270about 1 year ago

“Please vote on the story and my writing not, as many of you seem to do, on your opinion of the character or what they get up to (incidentally they are not real people!).”

So true. This sentence should be posted at the beginning and again at the end of every Loving Wives story.

Both part one and two were well written with excellent character development the transition between Jon and Linda’s point of view could be improved All in all a great “5” pair of stories.

AngelRiderAngelRider11 months ago

Because women and men are not the same genius. Jesus christ.

WargamerWargamer11 months ago

Read it again, no change in my attitude to the story.

It still scores 1/5 and deservedly so.

The story is a crock.and like ALL stories it rises or falls on its subject matter and content. Your story fails. The outcome lMHO is totally unreal. What relationship would survive such colossal betrayal?

Trust me, my attitude and vote score are not personal, it truly is just business.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman10 months ago

Your story, plot, spin on her. Mine would be BTB, take the kids and leave her alone with her "Just business" thoughts to keep her warm at night.

RobertJNortonRobertJNorton10 months ago

Very Nice-- and the ending is reasonable and appropriate. ( depending on how "hard-ass" you are?).

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

That's an easy one, I told you I've finished with him, but what about Natalie, she's my best friend, surely...?"

"I'd like to have said no contact with her, but you'll need a friend and I believe she understands the implications of any further betrayal."

A cuck of a husband… twelve years of being an unwitting cuck..and a lifetime of being an honour army cuck! Disgusting! And Natalie was the pimp..but he is ok with her ?…

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I never think of him when I am with Jon, I have too much respect for my husband to do that.

The writer lives in cuckoo la land! Respect!….doubt the slut knows what the word means!

oldwolf58oldwolf589 months ago

Personally I'm not a forgiving man but I liked the writing and the characters. I can say that I am a man of my word so I can understand his standing by his vow not to let a sexual affair ruin his marriage, that being said however 12 years is a bit too much.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

"NO! None of that is true, it was not going to happen, you were always my priority," I started to object but she continued, "I know you are finding that hard to believe but it is true, my love for you has only grown not diminished, as my husband you were always my number one. The job gave us a good lifestyle, you seemed happy with the lead parent role, and you must believe me when I tell you how happy you have always made me."

What a crock of shit. Fucking her boss for 12 years isn't making her husband a priority. Also, Jon shoukd have called her on her bullshit the 1st time he had a suspicion shexwas a cheating cunt.

JoeBetterBNiceJoeBetterBNice9 months ago

I truly hated it. The writer is correct to expect people to critique the story and not the author. I felt the writing was decent, but probably like many, was not pleased with the resolution of the story. I think a writer should have the ability to direct the story as he feels fit, but the characterizations have to support the outcome for the story to be good. This writer had the wife describe way too many reprehensible behaviors that really did not pass the "it's just sex test". Especially noteworthy was the wife's choice to continue to have sex with this guy after her job ended and she no longer had a supposed financial incentive. She basically admitted she was going to continue till she was caught, and forced to stop. How could anyone trust a partner that only stopped cheating because they couldn't get away with it anymore? So, if you want to write a decent reconciliation story you have to build in some reasonable excuses for the cheater. Some would say no excuses are reasonable, but at least something better than what you provided.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

The author's sense of what can happen IRL is defective. Unless a husband is a worthless cuck, he'd burn her to the ground. Because the husband wasn't developed as a character as a fucking cuck, the ending and the story constitute an authorial pratfall.

PrincessNutNutPrincessNutNut8 months ago

From page two. "It was like that all weekend, when she thought she was alone I'd see a distracted look. As we were eating breakfast on the Monday morning I caught a slightly troubled vibe from her." This was the weekend following Linda and Grant's first sex together. From page one of the previous part. "Talk things over with your husband during the weekend, make sure the travelling will not be a problem and we will discuss more details on Monday morning, best do it before the others get in, say 6:30am?"

So a very early breakfast with the kids or another author who doesn't read their own plot?

This is twelve years after her first tryst with Grant, a maximum of 15 years after Linda left university. So this hyper ambitious woman was looking just to retire still in her thirties not go to another business or invest her new wealth in her own business?

Jon never thought that if dumped Linda now as the primary carer, he would get a better settlement than if they were to co-parent for six months or more before he found he could no longer live with Linda?

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

It always cracks me up that commenters, who are completely unable to separate fiction from reality, also project that onto the writer. Having gotten to know some of my fellow authors, correlating a writer's story with their actual personality is like astrology, reading tea leaves and discerning the future through examining viscera: the reality is entirely subjective and on a sliding scale of the diviner's own choosing. (Yes, I post as an anon because of deranged commenters.) One thing not open to debate is that many of the angry, derisive, and abusive commenters are the ones who have some deep-seated mental health issues. Judging from some of the emails received via the LW profile page, many of them have been badly hurt, treated miserably, and are lonely and frightened. While I get angry with them, I also understand their need and feel compassion in the same measure I feel frustration with them.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohio6 months ago

I haven’t read all the comments, and possibly my thoughts will duplicate others, but I feel that the cheating was all about power. Grant had power because of his control of the business so he took the sex that he wanted when he wanted it, because he could. Linda wanted to advance in the business, and she made quite a bit more money than her husband Jon made, so she had the power, and was the dominant one in their marital relationship, so she rationalized breaking her wedding vows with all sorts of the usual psycho-Babel. “I couldn’t resist him and his dominance,” “ my body betrayed me and I couldn’t stop,” “it wasn’t really hurting my husband or my marital relationship because what he didn’t know, wasn’t affecting him. I kept the family separate,” and so on. So she got some strange because she had the power over Jon, and because she could, and she got away with it for 12 years. I haven’t yet read other endings to this story, but it seems to me that John should have some “hall passes” if the relationship were to become more equal again. I know that marriage counselors indicate that the other partner’s “getting even with some cheating of their own” doesn’t usually help the relationship, but I think it would in this case, considering the length of time she carried on the affair. Of course, because she still has most of the money and power, and because the court system always favors the woman, she would literally rape him if he were to divorce her. She could keep him from seeing the children and who knows what else. I compare this to the situation of a male spider trying to mate with a female spider. Most of the time the female spider is bigger and stronger physically, and if the male spider is not ultra careful, he gets eaten after a brief moment of “jollies.” So getting married and having children requires a great deal of trust and care, and one hopes that one has chosen one’s mate wisely. Unfortunately, 50% of the time, the choice turns out to have been unwise, based on divorce statistics in our country.

SexecutionerSexecutioner6 months ago

Yeah first anonymous post below, let's put that psychological diagnosis on you. Posting anonymously while throwing shade is pure cowardice. I'm sure the writers you want to associate with are of the simp/cuckold apologists. So being a coward and lack of self respect is a goal for you?

People write about subjects they like or relate to. So this writer obviously perfers a FLR, probably a submissive sissy role in the relationship. Which is fine, I guess....

DeanofMeanDeanofMean5 months ago

"I never once lost my respect for you, as a man, a husband, and my lover, I think I demonstrated that every day when I was home." that's there is the funniest crock of shit ever written

well written great story stupid man

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

A 12 year "indiscretion"?

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

The writer claims to be writing from his imagination of what he believed could happen in the real world. That is a delusional fantasy of the writer’s. I was a pastoral counselor for several years in my earlier life shortly after my divorce. My divorce is one reason I became a pastoral counselor. There’s no way in hell that any of my male clients would’ve put up with this crap. As soon as they had any suspicions that their wives were cheating they confronted them. They certainly would not have stood for their wife continuing to have an affair with her boss for 12 years!

She did not love and respect her husband even though she claimed to. No loving wife would ever do that if she truly loved and respected her husband. She was selfish, narcissistic, and delusional. And Jon certainly was not her priority. In the first story, she mentions that if she was given a choice she knew what she would do. The author left it open so that it was up to the reader to infer whether she would leave Grant and remain with Jon or leave Jon and remain with Grant. The fact that she continued to cheat on Jon shows that she had made her choice and that choice was not her husband. Ergo, her husband was not a priority. Neither were her children.

In the real world, the fact that Grant was doing this and held it as a condition of her gaining employment is sexual harassment and she should’ve immediately lodged a complaint. She should’ve gone to the Board of Directors if there was no recourse through HR.

IRL, assuming the husband chose to remain with his serial cheater wife, he would’ve demanded that she leave her job immediately and cease all contact with Natalie and Grant. Regardless of the author saying that he writes from things that he thinks will happen in real life, he needs to consult with people who deal with this crap day in and day out so he gets a real real life perspective.

Even though the writing is quite good, with few mistakes, the writer did not, in my opinion, characterize John or wife as a real life person would act. 2*

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Apparently Blue"BALLS" got the message!

What message?

The message that unless you are "degenerate" Cuck or even worse A CHEATING WHORE WIFE (YOU know who you are CUNTS) the majority of the readers will bury with low scores and negative feedback until you have been driven from this site!!!

moultonknobmoultonknob4 months ago

0 stars for a shit story about another pathetic wimpy cuckold loser and the bitch he's married to, all that thinking what am I going to do bollocks, any half brain man would take 1 second to think what to do then leave the bitch. Just another load of bollocks like so many others on here.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Kolejna fantazyjna bajka o idiocie do ntej potęgi. Nie sądziłem ze coć takiego też mozna wymyslic. Dla mnie z acałość 0 dać 1 to za dużo.

ncdeepdiverncdeepdiver23 days ago

I know, without a shadow of a doubt, I am not as strong (or weak) as Jon.

There is 0 chance I could reconcile and almost the same chance I wouldn't go full scorched earth on everyone involved.

I know for sure Grant would have had an unfortunate accident!

AnonymousAnonymous17 days ago

Typical. Except for the children, all remaining characters are DICKS!

In spite of the writer’s bleating in the postscript, what ‘s to make of him.

Obviously, quite the DICK

AnonymousAnonymous5 days ago

Wow , worse than the first part .

That's hard to do .

WargamerWargamerabout 17 hours ago

I originally gave you 1/5, having read it again l have not changed my score. You wrote a god awful story, horrible. Any man or woman might forgive a short fling, but no man or woman would ever forgive a long standing affair of many years, it’s just not humanly possible to readily forgive such a betrayal. I couldn’t and l bet neither would you.

The fact you could write such an unrealistic story that flies in the face of the human condition beats me.

I think u wrote to get attention, l hope so.

The sad tale is still 1/5.

ST1956 version is the more realistic version, it’s what would happen, we all know it

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBlueFellow@BlueFellow
I love reading, always have. Now trying writing, just for fun though. Thank you for your comments and scores (good or bad), I appreciate you taking the trouble, I do not always agree with them but do welcome them just the same - how else do I learn if not from my mistakes? ...

story TAGS