Is Love All or Nothing? Ch. 14

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Wait, the cheater's best friend is your husband?" Jackie asks, not believing this story being told to her.

"Yep and after that day they were no longer best friends. I never found out what happened to him and his slut," Jackie laughs at the fact Diane said the word slut, "but I found the man that loved me for me and I love him for almost everything he is."

"Almost everything?" Jackie asks, curious if Keith and his dad share the same annoying traits.

"Well, he can go overboard with his sarcasm and teasing sometimes. The first time he does it is fine, but when he continues it for five minutes it can be very annoying."

"So it does run with the men in the family."

"Yes it does," Diane days laughing, "but Keith isn't nearly as bad as his father. Aaron has to finish the joke and no amount of 'I get it' stops him."

"That is because a good joke always needs to be finished," Aaron says as he walks into the family room with two boxes of pizza in hand.

Diane calls Keith down from upstairs and the four of them sit in the family room eating pizza and catching up on the events of the rest of Keith's family. His dad's sister is dating a man much younger than her, but seems to have a decent head on his shoulders in his parents' opinion.

Jackie sits back, eating her pizza, listening and watching Keith interact with his parents. He seemed much more relaxed, more natural than any other time she has seen him. He didn't have to hide his Asperger's or explain why he acts a certain way. He was just him, all smiles and happy as can be until he heard the front door open. Then his smile didn't seem as happy as he knew who was coming through the door. Through the foyer came Andrea, Keith's sister and her boyfriend. Everyone rose to greet them but Andrea quickly made her way towards Jackie and hugged her tightly.

"It is so nice to finally meet you and Keith didn't exaggerate your beauty." Andrea takes a step back and gets a good look at Jackie. "I don't think Keith could have found a more beautiful woman."

Jackie blushes at the compliment, but doesn't feel nearly as beautiful as she looks at Andrea. Keith's sister has short blonde hair, blue eyes that draw you in, and a smile that just captivates. Her beauty made women jealous and made men stumble as she walked by. No doubt a few of these men were slapped by their wives and girlfriends as they would stare at her. While she couldn't see Andrea's body, she could feel the shape as they hugged and knew Andrea was fit and probably had men crave to touch.

"Thank you, but I don't think I even compare to how beautiful you are."

"Don't ever say that Jackie," Andrea says sternly. "I know my brother and he would never choose to be with someone whose inner beauty didn't match her outer beauty and from everything he's told me, you are the most beautiful woman in the world to him." Jackie smiles hearing these words from Andrea. "Plus I do truly think you are beautiful even without Keith telling me."

"But nowhere as beautiful as you are baby," says Andrea's boyfriend as he gets done greeting Aaron and Diane.

"Daniel!" Andrea says frustrated at her boyfriend. "I told you to stop doing that."

"Sorry sweetie," Daniel says with an unconvincing smile. He approaches Jackie and extends his hand. "Nice to meet you. As Andrea just said, my name is Daniel." Jackie shakes his hand starting to understand why Keith doesn't like him that much.

Andrea and Daniel get some slices of pizza for themselves and sit with everyone in the family commencing in more small talk. Soon the men congregated into their own group and the ladies into their own, each talking about subjects and topics important to them.

"So I'm curious about something," Jackie begins, "what was Keith like when he was younger?"

"Oh he wasn't that bad," Diane says somewhat convincing. "Sure there were only a few foods he would actually eat and never tried anything new until his teen years but he always found a way to make everyone smile."

"Easy for you to say mom," Andrea retorts. "You didn't have to deal with him bugging you while your friends were over and not leave you alone."

"Well, he wasn't as shy back then. Once puberty hit, he could barely look any girl in the face much less talk to them."

"Not true. Remember Stacy Miller?"

Andrea laughs remembering Stacy Miller. "It took him until the last minute to finally ask her to homecoming his sophomore year. I was surprised she said yes to him but it turns out she was a real sweetheart."

"Did they date after homecoming?" Jackie asks.

"No," Diane answers, "but they remained good friends through the rest of high school. He was always there for her too if she needed a listening ear. There was more than one time she came over and he let her cry on his shoulder."

"I really liked Stacy," Andrea admitted. "Keith would have done anything for Stacy and really cared about her. He even told her he had Asperger's and she was very accepting of him. Part of me always hoped she would see that he was the guy for her, no offense Jackie."

"None taken and I don't blame you for saying that. Keith is a great guy and I consider myself lucky that I'm with him. I just wish there were more guys like him."

"I'm sure a lot of women feel that way," Diane says. "But I know for a fact there are a lot of men that wish there were more good women out there as well."

Soon everyone starts to feel tired and say goodnight to each other before they head off to bed. Keith changes into a pair of shorts and Jackie puts on a sleep tank.

"So what did you talk about with my mom and sister?"

"Random women things and I may have asked what you were like when you were younger." Keith freezes fearing what they told him. "Don't worry, they didn't tell me anything that I will hold against you. But they did tell me about a girl you were friends with in high school named Stacy Miller."

Keith grins as he recognizes the name. "Stacy was a good friend, the only girl that was willing to call me a friend."

"You can be honest with me Keith, how much did you like her?"

Keith walks towards Jackie and pulls her in until their bodies are only inches away from each other. "Stacy was my first big crush and the first girl who ever gave me a second look. She also happened to be my first kiss." He pulls Jackie in closer and gives her a gentle kiss on the lips. "She was my first friend who was a girl, but she will never compete with you. Not now, not ever."

Keith could never remember seeing a bigger smile on her face ever after he finished that sentence. It was her turn to give the kiss and while slow and gentle, never had she given a kiss with more passion in her life. She didn't want it to end, but Keith separated their lips. She tried to reinitiate the kiss but Keith stopped her.

"What?"

"We need to get to sleep. We have a big day tomorrow and by we, I mean you."

"Christmas is always a big day."

"Yes but if you remember you'll be meeting my aunts, uncles, and my grandma who have been waiting to meet you."

"You think I can't handle them?"

"For a short time but they will poke and prod you about everything."

"What is the worst they could ask?" Jackie responds, not convinced there is anything to worry about.

"Let's see, my uncle Jon has been known to ask if we plan on getting married. My aunt Nancy will ask your ring size and make sure I know it if I decide to buy a ring. She will also ask if we are trying to have kids anytime soon."

"Slow down." Jackie is unable to believe what she is hearing. "You honestly think they will ask and push that stuff as topics of conversation?"

"They did it with Daniel and Andrea's previous boyfriend who she had only been dating two months at that point. He was freaked out by it and broke up with her shortly after. Daniel handled it better and gave the best non answers he could, but by the end of the day he was drained."

"What's the big deal anyway? I'm just your amazing girlfriend."

"It is because you're my girlfriend and my extended family really has nothing better to do that stick their nose in other people's business. That fact I have a girlfriend and you haven't run away from me is even more reason they will-"

"Ok, I get it," Jackie interrupts. "You better not snore like you usually do then so I can actually sleep."

"Coming from the woman who loves to steal the blanket while ignoring her freezing boyfriend."

"I can't help it, I get cold easily," Jackie defends.

They spoon once they get under the blanket with Keith's arms wrapped around Jackie.

"I'll just be your second blanket then." He kisses her cheek as they position themselves to get comfortable. Soon they drift into sleep, both with smiles on their faces.

***********************

Keith slowly awakes still feeling Jackie in his arms but now without her tank on. He couldn't remember helping her take it off but she had been clever in the past to take whatever clothes she was wearing to bed off in the middle of the night without him noticing. Of course he didn't mind because he loved rubbing his hands over her skin, feeling her curves.

Keith looks up at the end table by Jackie's side of the bed and sees his old digital clock from high school still working and displaying the time, 6:32. "No matter what, every Christmas I seem to wake up really early," he says to himself. He knows he won't be able to get back to sleep and as much as he loves cuddling with Jackie in bed he knows his arm that is under her will fall asleep soon if he doesn't remove it. Slowly he slides his arm out from under, puts on a shirt, and goes out of the bedroom to the kitchen to make a pot of coffee for Jackie when she wakes up. Little did he know that his sister was already up and was making a pot.

"Merry Christmas Andrea."

Andrea turns and sees her brother fully awake like every Christmas before. "Merry Christmas Keith." She walks towards him and gives him a warm hug. "Some things about you never change."

"I know, but somehow I don't think me waking up this early will ever change."

"Nope." Andrea's face starts to turn towards concern. "I'm sorry I told Jackie about Stacy. I know you would have preferred to tell Jackie about her yourself."

"It's ok Andrea," Keith assures her. "Honestly, I had forgotten all about Stacy."

"Did you tell Jackie she was your first?"

Keith looks at his sister confused. "Stacy wasn't my first."

"Wait? You and her didn't do it? I remember you two making out a few times when some guy treated her like shit."

"Yeah, but I never let anything go past kissing. I didn't want my first time to be a rebound."

"Wow, I thought for sure you and she had done it a least once."

"Part of me wishes I did, but I also could not have lived with myself if I did. Mom and dad raised me better than that."

"Sometimes I forget how thoughtful you can be," Andrea admits. She hears the coffeemaker stop making the coffee and she gets herself a mug from the cupboard. "Have you tried any sort of coffee yet?"

Keith laughs at the question. "No and still have no plans on trying anytime soon."

"What if Jackie makes an offer you can't refuse?"

"I will refuse and still won't try it." Keith shakes his head and laughs, amused by his sister. "I have actually tried some new foods since I've been dating Jackie believe it or not."

Andrea looks at Keith astonished to hear him say that. "Holy shit! You really do like her."

"I love her," Keith says confidently, "and nothing in the world will change that."

"You love me enough to leave me alone in bed in a house with a bunch of strangers I don't know?" Jackie says pouting as she walks towards Keith.

"Yes, because I trust these strangers with my life. Even this stranger in front of me," Keith nods towards Andrea. "In fact I remember seeing you and her becoming very friendly last night."

"Well she's pretty and a sweet woman. Everyone else is a stranger and I don't feel safe without you near," Jackie says as she clings to Keith's arm.

"Miss Jackie, are you really trying to pretend to be scared of my family?"

"Pretending, acting, seeing if you actually can read my sarcasm, what's the difference?"

"Asperger's may have made it hard for me to read sarcasm when I was younger but I've learned a lot since then on how to figure it out."

"Yeah, but you still suck at it sometimes," Andrea gladly points out.

"Hey, I'm better than I used to be," Keith defends.

"You still miss some subtleties sweetie," Jackie admits.

Keith rolls his eyes. "You two won't give me any credit for any of the progress I've made," he says frustrated. He knows he still misses sarcasm once in a while and sometimes he realizes it all way too late.

"You're right, I'm sorry," Andrea admits. "I forget that you've tried really hard to get better and that you have made great progress in recognizing sarcasm."

"I'm sorry too." Jackie gives Keith a kiss on the cheek.

"I forgive you both." Keith kisses Jackie on the forehead. He takes a deep breath to calm himself, knowing it will be a long day.

Andrea and Jackie get their cups of coffee and sit on the couch in the living room while Keith relaxes in the recliner. The two ladies chat and get to know each other more. An hour later Diane, Aaron, and Daniel joined them. Everyone relaxed and chatted before Aaron suggested that Keith pass out the presents. Jackie offers to help and he gladly accepts.

Once all the presents are passed out, everyone takes a turn opening theirs. Everyone smiles and loves every gift they got from whoever they got it from. After all the presents are opened more talk opens up until they hear the doorbell ring. Keith goes and answers the door to find his uncle Jon has arrived and he has his son with him.

"Merry Christmas Uncle Jon! I see you brought Caleb with you."

"Merry Christmas Keith and his mom thought it would be good for him to see our side of family. It has been a while since you've seen him."

"I'm glad Elaine thought of that. How old are you Caleb?"

"I'm twelve," Caleb answers shyly.

"Wow, it has been a while. Come in. You're the first to arrive."

They walk in and everyone greets Uncle Jon and Caleb. Jackie is the last to meet Uncle Jon and he gives her a big hug and Caleb shyly gives her a handshake. A few minutes later Aunt Nancy arrives and is more than happy to meet Jackie as well. They sit down and Nancy starts asking how they met and if they have any big plans in the future with emphasis on the word 'big'. Jackie tried her best to answer by just saying her and Keith are taking things one step at a time but Nancy kept pushing. Jackie was getting very uncomfortable when Diane walked up to them.

"Jackie, would you like to help me prepare the roast?"

"I would love to," Jackie responds happily. "It was very nice meeting you Aunt Nancy."

"Just call me Nancy."

Once they are out of earshot of Nancy Jackie thanks Diane for getting her out of that. Diane tells her that Nancy sometimes doesn't get not everything needs to be pushed. A few minutes later Andrea joins them in the kitchen to help prepare the rest of the meal.

Keith watches as Jackie helps his mom and sister prepare and make dinner while he sits on the couch. He is happy that Jackie is getting along so well with everyone, but his mood soon turns when his aunt Nancy sits down next to him.

"Your girlfriend is very nice," Nancy beams.

"She is and I'm very glad she is part of my world."

"Are you going to make her a bigger part of your world soon?"

Keith rolls his eyes at the question. He knew he would be grilled about this sooner or later, but he would have preferred it was much, much later.

"All in due time. We haven't been together that long and we're still getting to know each other."

"I think you two have gotten to know each other very well and should move in together soon."

"We haven't talked about that and I don't plan on it for a while."

"Why not? You two are so in love with each other."

"We are," Keith says trying to hide his frustration. "However we still haven't had our first big fight or argument."

"Why does that matter? It is just proof that you two are meant to be together."

"Because not everything is that simple aunt Nancy and you know that."

"Sweetie, your Asperger's does not complicate your relationship with Jackie."

If only his aunt actually understood what it is like to have Asperger's and the strain it puts on his mind. He always overthinks every situation, censors what he wants to say because he is afraid of saying something that is over the line and result in the night ending sooner than he wants. He had already almost lost Jackie once because he blew up at her and he would be damned if that ever happens again.

"It's not that. I just don't think the time is right yet and she will have a lot on her plate soon."

"What do you mean?" Nancy asks curiously.

"Let's just say her best friend will be getting asked a simple question that will change her life."

"Oh, and how do you know this?"

"I'm friends with the guy and he told me his plan." Keith is happy to get the topic off of him and Jackie and more so on Melissa. "It's a good one but something that I have to keep secret from Jackie so that she doesn't tell her friend."

"You don't trust Jackie to keep the secret?"

"I trust Jackie to not say anything, but not to keep her facial expressions neutral the day leading up to it. I'm the only one in on this plan and prefer to keep it that way."

"Then you'll have to follow suit soon after," Nancy says grinning.

"I know," Keith says, wishing his aunt would get off it already, "and I will once I find a way to get everything done as secretly as possible. I want her to be surprised when I ask."

"I know you'll come up with something good. How is your best friend Andrea doing?"

Keith could not have been happier for the change in topic, even if his aunt did get Andy's name wrong again. He told her about Andy and his new girlfriend and how they seemed to get along very well. Nancy was more than happy to hear that news and started asking him more about his new friends.

A few hours later dinner is ready and everyone takes their seats with Keith and Jackie sitting next to each other. However, Daniel sits next to Keith and makes him feel very uncomfortable. Jackie senses this and gives him a little kiss on the shoulder before whispering into his ear.

"He won't say anything at the table. If he does, I have no problem making myself look bad in front of your family to defend you." Keith smiles as Jackie leans back into her chair ready to eat a delicious Christmas dinner.

An hour later everyone had more than their fill of roast beef, corn, mushrooms, mashed potatoes and other delicious foods. One by one everyone left the table taking their dishes with them to be cleaned later. Once all dishes were in the kitchen sink Diane started the process of washing the dishes. A few minutes later Jackie asked if she could help.

"That is sweet of you but you are our guest. I couldn't ask you to help me clean."

"You're not asking and I want to help. It is the least I can do to show my appreciation for welcoming me into your home with open arms."

Diane graciously accepted the help. She was starting to see why Keith was very much in love with this woman. She had a natural beauty to her that would attract any man, but her caring heart must have been what sealed the deal. She knew Keith didn't care as much for the physical beauty of a woman, but instead focused on what he thought would make a better friend, maybe even a girlfriend at some point. A small smile formed across her face as she thought about how maybe Keith's Asperger's actually helped him realize what was more important in the end.

"What's that little smile for?" Jackie asked, wondering what Diane was thinking about.