All Comments on 'Isabel'

by MelissaBaby

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
Lovecraft_LoreLovecraft_Lorealmost 2 years ago

5 stars

It was way too long. It could have been broken up into chapters and released every few weeks. You have the perfect setup and word choice for the sex scenes but the scenes are never described in detail. Anyway, five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Thank you for continuing to share your beautiful gift with us! Loved this prequel. You are absolutely one of my favorites to read and I cannot wait to read what you share with us next!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Thank you for the hours of pleasure I've had reading your latest tale. I was intimidated with the size of the story but thoroughly loved it. You are one fine writer.

grampaaloisiusgrampaaloisiusalmost 2 years ago

Thank you very much for this wonderful story.

Was a bit worried at first as I wasn't a big fan of Isabel in the Rangerette stories but now I am.

Took me a long time to get through the twenty pages, but it was worth it, even though I can't relate to rich people's parties and their way of life.

And I had never heard the term bush hogging before and found out I was totally wrong.

theMasterBaitertheMasterBaiteralmost 2 years ago

Oh. My. God. And I'm an Apatheist (not an Atheist), so that's saying a lot. This was.... seriously, worlds fail me. As they do. My own writing is in the same vein but not in the same class. Although, that may be the point, as my stories are far more base and crude by design. But the idea of the club, that is also my dream. That is the world I live in when I'm in my mind, and not this real, but cruel, place. The idea of such a club keeps hope alive in me and to see it realized so elegantly, with such perfection, such care, such... dare I use the "L" word? It seems pale in comparison to the real feeling, polluted by overuse. I would say I love it if love had the right meaning alone. I long for it; for your club. And for my less classy version of the club. Thank you. This has brought me such joy.

ANudistCoupleUKANudistCoupleUKalmost 2 years ago

This is one excellently developed novella. Depth of character, sexuality, exploration and social connent rolled into one. Well done. Read this first before the Ranger Ramona series.

Cindy1001Cindy1001almost 2 years ago

Excellent! This story led me through a rollercoaster of emotions, although it seemed to flatten out a bit upon the re-entry to the Libertine Club. What a joy to read! What an experience.

DrizdartDrizdartabout 1 year ago

I read this in a single sitting, late one night. The early scenes had energy and passion ... later, they style shifted, and I found it langourous, drifting to a pleasant end.

I don't know rich people well, and the ones I have some acquaintance with are not hedonistic. So I have no idea if the scenes here are within a range of possibility. But of all the characters presented, the ones who are young and striving towards something are the ones capturing my attention, and in the later half of the story, they become two dimensional.

Thank you for the evening's reading pleasure.

Nicole2023Nicole202310 months ago

Laughed and tears....#cancer miss you mom

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Fabulous story. An epic saga with wonderful characters. Isabel is a gem. What a delightful approach to life.

Superbly written. Thank you.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy5 months ago

Sorry, I read it when you posted it but leave a comment!

5

oldsage_1oldsage_15 months ago

How did I miss this story from my favorite author all the way back to the Mary and Alvin series? My bad! Great story as always. Great fantasy and so well developed and delivered.

Thank you!

Cheers

SAGE

nighthawk22204nighthawk222044 months ago

MelissaBaby,

Thank you completely for your superior crafting of this story. I have only read page one, but I had to flip to the final page to offer my compliments for seeing the exquisite quality of your writing. This is the first story in Lit of the several 100+ which I have read that is completely punctuated to be as readable as listening directly to the conversations of the characters themselves. I am sure that I will completely enjoy the following 19 pages every bit as much.

Rapierwit24601Rapierwit246013 months ago

I happen upon the story accidentally somehow. I saw the high score, and figured it was worth it.

It was such a beautiful story about the growth of a young woman. Every new sequence of her life was immaculately presented.

I was, however, disappointed to see that Isabel became one of the idle Rich. I am no socialist revolutionary, but this bothered me to my core. I thought about writing a comment about my disappointment, but decided so far outweigh the negative that it wasn’t worth it.

Then I read the Ramona stories. Jesus Christ, you are fucking brilliant. You decided to backstory a character to be exactly where you needed her to be for your previously written epic.

Kudos, kiddo. You done good.

GoldustwingGoldustwingabout 1 month ago

Wow, this is a meandering saga, lots of action, drama and pathos. I’m glad Isabel reconnected to Natalie and their relationship continued to blossom. Some readers might consider her a Golddigger for marrying Paul, but he was her champion from the start a genuinely loved her. Looking forward to reading more of your work.

goodwabgoodwab20 days ago

@notalenthack's recommendation was spot on. A pure pleasure to read.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMelissaBaby@MelissaBaby
A bold bitch and a shy girl. An exile and an ex-con. A lover and a leaver. A wise fool and a stupid genius. A cocksucker. A student. A foodie, a boozie, a weedie. A rider of horses. A kisser of girls. A resister, an insister, a persister. Daughter of a goddess, mother of a gho...