Iscariot Ch. 01

Story Info
A Police Officer betrays the Team.
16.5k words
4.73
10.9k
14

Part 1 of the 5 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 02/23/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This story is part of an ongoing series. The chronological order of my stories is listed in WifeWatchman's biography.

Feedback and constructive criticism is very much appreciated, and I encourage feedback for ideas.

This story contains graphic scenes, language and actions that might be extremely offensive to some people. These scenes, words and actions are used only for the literary purposes of this story. The author does not condone murder, racial language, violence, rape or violence against women, and any depictions of any of these in this story should not be construed as acceptance of the above.

***

Part 1 - Prologue

"This is Bettina Wurtzburg, KXTC Channel Two News!" shouted the redheaded MILF reporterette at 7:00am, Monday, June 24th, from somewhere that showed the Courthouse in the background. "Channel Two News has learned that Mayor Daniel Allgood is being sued by the Town & County Council!"

Bettina began: "Council Members Kelly Carnes, Reginald B.F. Lewis, and Malinda Adams filed suit in Superior Court, complaining that Mayor Allgood is violating their Right of Free Speech at Council Meetings, violating their right to represent their constituents by suppressing their voices and not letting them speak, openly harassing black Council Member Lewis and attempting to goad him into violating his earlier plea agreement with the Court, and denying Citizens their First Amendment right to petition the Government for the redress of wrongs by denying them the right to speak at Council meetings!"

Bettina: "The lawsuit was filed late Friday afternoon after consultations with attorneys and other advisors. Political experts tell Channel Two News that the lawsuit has strong merit, and that it should be vigorously pursued until Daniel Allgood either resigns or is removed from Office."

Bettina: "We have with us Dr. Lionel Carmela, Professor of Political Science at the University." The camera panned out to show Carmela as Bettina asked: "Dr. Carmela, is Mayor Allgood within his rights to control the Council meetings according to the Rules of Order?"

Lionel Carmela was short, overweight, with black hair and a full black beard, and he did not consider personal hygiene to be important. He was also a rabid Socialist, perhaps even more than Board of Inquiry member Finneran. He said "Bettina, what Mayor Daniel Allgood is doing to Council Member Lewis is blatantly racist, and I believe it's illegal for him to attempt to goad Mr. Lewis or any Council Member into a reaction and then have that Council Member arrested and put in prison."

Bettina: "Dr. Carmela, Councilman Lewis did agree to the plea deal. Doesn't the Mayor have the right to have disruptive Council Members arrested and charged for their divisive activities?"

Dr. Carmela was beginning to be irritated, as his face was reddening and his voice sharpened as he said: "Ms. Wurtzburg, Councilman Lewis was coerced into that plea deal after being threatened with imprisonment for ten years. The Courts are working with the Mayor to suppress the Black Man's voice and the voice representing minorities in this County."

Bettina was about to ask another question but Carmela had moved away and was taking off his microphone. So she said "Now let's go to Amber Harris at the Channel Two News Anchor Desk. Amber!"

"Thank you, Bettina!" said Amber. "Let's go to trusted reporter Lester Holder, who has a special guest. Lester!"

"That's right, Amber!" said Holder, who was somewhere in the south part of Town. "I'm here with Eldrick X. Weaver, who was cheated out of his rightful win in the Mayor's race last November. Mr. Weaver, just how bad is it in those Council meetings?"

"It's worse for Blacks in Daniel Allgood's Council meetings than at any time in our County's history." said Weaver. "The only thing we're missing is a bullwhip in Allgood's hands, and a lynching tree outside City Hall."

Holder: "Is Daniel Allgood just following the racist example of his brother-in-law, Donald Troy?"

Weaver seemed nonplussed at the direction Holder took, and stammered as he said "I think Daniel Allgood has no problem being a racist without any help---"

Holder: "But doesn't he have Donald Troy doing his bidding, and Donald Troy using and abusing the Power of Police to silence the voices of blacks, as well as help rob you of your rightful win as Mayor?"

"I thought we were here to talk about the Mayor's actions at Council meetings." Weaver said pointedly, but Holder refused to get the hint.

"But Mr. Weaver," Holder tried again, getting shrill as he got more flustered, "Donald Troy was the one that put that poll worker in prison for an honest mistake. Donald Troy was the one that worked tirelessly to get the votes removed, and the voters disenfranchised, to strip your rightful win as Mayor from you. This was all the racist Donald Troy's fault!"

He did not try to stop Weaver as Weaver walked away from him. The camera focused on him as he said "Amber, I don't understand why it's not Donald Troy being sued by the Council Members. He's the racist, he's the one using that crowbar he carries to beat down blacks and silence their voices by physically violent arrests, and his racist Police Force follows him in his violent policies of suppression of blacks!"

Amber: "Lester, why won't Commander Troy respond to your very accurate accusations of Police brutality?"

"Because Donald Troy is a coward, Amber!" exploded Holder. "He's an embarrassment, even to his halfbreed daughter! If he doesn't like me calling her that, why doesn't he come right here in front of this camera and try to do something about it? Because Donald Troy is a spineless coward, that's why!"

Amber said "I could not agree with you more, Lester! And now let's go back to Bettina Wurtzburg with more news! Bettina!"

"That's right, Amber!" said Bettina as the feed switched to her. "In State news, MegaTech Industries announced that they are vacating their offices in Palmyra County, near Midtown. Spokeswoman Margaret Mason issued a statement saying that the decision was made after MegaTech Industries determined that the Palmyra County Police Department is unable to provide adequate security for the company and its employees. They announced that some employees will be given the opportunity to move to another location out of State, or given generous severance packages."

Bettina: "And KXTC is announcing that they have put the local newspaper, the Town & County Examiner, on sale. The Examiner has been the newspaper of record in the County since the 1800s, but the exorbitant costs and declining circulation of newspapers have adversely impacted its viability."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"What?" Captain Tanya Perlman asked, seeing me almost silently laughing in my chair as we sat in the Chief's Conference Room drinking coffee.

"Oh, just the way MegaTech phrased that." I said. "They're saying the Palmyra County Police didn't give them security. What they really mean is that the PCPD didn't give them warning in advance of the FBI raid last week."

"Are you saying the Palmyra County Police are on the take?" Cindy asked.

"Not necessarily." I said. "But Palmyra County is built upon and based upon corporate business, and those businesses pay high rents and relatively high taxes. For that money, they expect the Police to protect them, and that 'protection' includes being warned of any LEO raids from the State or the Federales."

I continued: "But MegaTech is blaming the wrong people. The PCPD was left out of the loop by the Feds, and they were absolutely livid with the FBI for making the raid without telling them. And now they're getting blamed on the other side, as well."

"I'm a lot more worried about things right up here, Commander." said Tanya. "Holder was saying things like that about you all weekend. He's been calling you a coward for not facing him after calling your daughter those filthy names."

Teresa Croyle said "I've put out word to the Force to not do anything to harm him if he's pulled over for anything. He's been having his KXTC van exceed the speed limit, trying to goad us into pulling him over, but I think our guys know it's an attempt to entrap them, so they're not rising to the bait."

I said "If his actions potentially threaten others, they do need to pull him over and arrest him and his driver. Make sure to have Officer Cams or videocams or Police iPhones recording it, and use only the amount of force needed to stop him."

"It's still getting to be a problem, though, sir." said Teresa. "Lt. Rudistan is getting word from his Officers in 2nd Precinct that Holder's racism accusations are beginning to hurt all the Police, and that some in the Black Community do think you're a coward for not doing something about what he's saying about Tasha."

"Was I all that popular with the Black Community before all this?" I asked, possibly with some skepticism in my voice.

Sheriff Griswold growled "You're a lot more respected than you might realize, Crowbar. The Black Community remembers your actions over the past years, and believe you're fair to them. They also liked and respected the way you stood up and acknowledged your daughter in the face of Press attacks meant to humiliate you."

"There is a problem, though, Sheriff." said Cindy Ross. "My secret source told me that KXTC's viewing numbers have gone up exponentially since the beginning of the year in the southern parts of Town, which is predominately black, and the liberal white areas north of Town that Kelly Carnes represents... and especially since they re-hired Lester Holder. The overtly anti-Police, anti-Mayor agenda of KXTC has apparently been very effective."

"Have they lost ratings elsewhere?" asked Tanya.

"Oh yes." said Cindy. "The business and industrial districts have left KXTC in droves since KFXU started up, and KXTC never had a great following in the outlying farm areas."

"Like the rest of the Nation," I said, "it's becoming more polarized in the agenda-driven Media." My Angels nodded vigorously in agreement.

"But what are you going to do about Holder calling you out?" asked Teresa. "It's becoming a matter of honor."

I nodded. "Yes, yes it is." I said. "But right now, there's not much I can do."

Tanya said "I just hope nobody else attacks Holder. You'll get blamed for it, Don."

"That's my worry, tooooooo." said Chief Moynahan.

"Let not your hearts be troubled." I said. "And just remember... karma is a bitch." And not another word would I say about any of that.

Part 2 - Paratrooper Shimono

10:00am, Monday, June 24th. I knocked on the door of the Barker home, and heard barking behind the door. Then the door opened, and Frieda Franklin said "Hello, Mr. Crowbar and Ms. Green Crowbar. Come on inside."

"Hi, Frieda. Hi, Barky!" I said as I stepped inside. The redoubtable Barky was very excited to see us, barking his head off as he ran in circles around us. I bent over as he jumped up and put his front paws on my thigh, and I gave him vigorous skritchins. "How are you doing, Barky? Taking care of Frieda for me?" Barky barked happily.

"Hello, Mrs. Barker." Cindy said as Mrs. Barker came up. "Is Frieda ready to go?"

"Yes, she is." said Mrs. Barker. "I hope she can help you. And it was so awful about Lieutenant Irwin dying in that hostage situation. My son always said he was a great leader of other Officers."

"Yes, he was." I said, knowing she wasn't just saying that: Irwin had been greatly respected by the Police Officers he'd led. "Okay, Frieda, let's go. And sorry, Barky, but you can't come with us..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Frieda loved getting to fly in the TCPD's Bell 206 helicopter. She and Cindy sat in the back as TCPD Sergeant Andrew Prince flew the aircraft and I sat up front with him. We flew east, parallel to the University-City Highway, under the control of City Airport's tower. When we got almost to Westphalia, Sgt. Prince turned the chopper and flew dead north, towards the Federal Building, executing this maneuver to make sure the helicopter went nowhere near the flight paths of the aircraft taking off and landing at City International Airport.

We landed on top of the Federal Building, and FBI Agents Jack Muscone and Lindy Linares were there to greet us. We went inside and down to the offices of Team Lazarus, where Frieda looked at everything with avid interest.

"Okay, they're ready for us at City Police HQ." Jack Muscone said to me as we sat in his corner office while Cindy and Frieda talked to Team Lazarus.

"You're holding her there?" I asked. "Not here?"

"Don," Jack said, "she is much, much safer there than here. It has taken an edict from the President's Chief of Staff... yes that high up... to stop the CIA and NSA from trying to take her away from us; the infighting is like nothing I've ever seen."

"Did DNI Brendon Chapel get involved?" I asked.

"How do you know these things?" Jack asked, stunned yet again. Then he said "I'm not supposed to mention it, but Martin's uncle found out that Chapel was pushing hard to get her into the CIA's custody, specifically Willingham's. But the FBI pushed back hard, and since the CIA is on the verge of having Senator Richard Nunn crawling up their rear ends about the domestic operation, they're backing off. But only for now. So let's get this thing going..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Frieda showed some interest in City Police Headquarters as we went through it to an elevator. We got on an elevator that went down to the holding cells, which had a capacity for holding prisoners that exceeded my entire County Jail.

We went into a dimly lit room that looked a lot like an anteroom of an Interrogation Room, and technically it was. There were blinds over the one-way glass. A moment later a female City Police Officer came in.

"Hi, I'm City Detective Lisa Monroe." she said. She was white with dark brown hair, taller than Cindy but not by much, slender going on 'lanky', and an attractive face that showed the wear and tear of some tough duty with the City Police. "Are you Frieda?" she asked the little red haired girl in the room.

"Yes ma'am." said Frieda politely.

"What I'm going to do is raise the blinds." said Detective Monroe. "I'll ask the people on the other side to turn right, then around left, then back in front, and then we'll ask you to identify the person you saw that night in your Town & County, okay?" She was referring to the night Frieda had seen the three people at a warehouse, an observation that had nearly cost her her life, and indirectly had cost Officer Barker his life. (Author' note: 'Little Red Haired Girl', Ch. 01.)

"Okay." said Frieda.

"And don't worry, they can't see you." Detective Monroe said. "They're seeing their reflection in a mirror." Frieda nodded. Monroe made sure the videographers were recording, then pressed the button that raised the blind.

In the other room, bright lights glaring down on them, were five Asian woman, all wearing identical orange jumpsuits. They looked fairly similar, and No. 2 looked like Dr. Sandra Lee, the dermatologist on 'Dr. Pimple Popper'."

"Face right." Monroe ordered through the microphone. The women turned and faced right. "Face left." Monroe ordered, and the women did a 180 and faced left. "Face forward." Monroe ordered. The women faced forward as Monroe turned off the microphone.

"Take your time, Frieda." Monroe said. "Do you recognize any of them?"

"Yes, ma'am." said Frieda confidently. "No. 3. The one in the middle. That's her. That's the woman I saw in the warehouse with those two men."

Lisa pressed the button to close the blinds. Officers and FBI Agents began doing the required paperwork as Cindy and I looked at each other happily...

Frieda had just unerringly and correctly picked out Keiko Shimono from the lineup.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Cindy and Lindy were taking Frieda to Wendy's Old Fashioned Hamburgers, her favorite place for lunch, while I took care of some business. I was escorted to the Interrogation Room not far from the Lineup Room. Inside the room was a lone table, a fixture high overhead beaming a cone of light onto the table and the one person sitting at it, handcuffed to it. The room had a forbidding darkness to it that most Interrogation Rooms I was familiar with did not have.

"Well, if it isn't Commander Troy." said Keiko Shimono as I came into the room, wearing all black with just my trenchcoat over it. My service weapon and my badges were secured in a locker in the hallway, but I had the red crowbar with me. "To what do I owe the pleasure of this visit?"

"Hardly a pleasure, Shimono." I said formally.

"Mmmm, ask your wife about that, Commander." said Keiko. "You're a very handsome man, definitely a pleasant sight for my eyes."

"Thank you." I said as I sat down at the table opposite her. "Unfortunately I'm not here for pleasantries with a beautiful woman." After a pause, I said "I want to know everything about your collaborations with one Edward Blassingame."

"Mmm, you do get right down to business, don't you?" Shimono. "And why do you think I even know who this man Blassingame is?"

"You were positively identified as standing next to him, talking to him, at the BigAgraFoods warehouse in my home Town & County this past Winter." I said.

"Oh, that young girl." said Shimono, remembering. "Paco failed to kill her. I should've taken care of that myself."

"You're not the cold blooded killer that Paco is." I said.

A strange smile appeared on Shimono's lovely face. "I almost nuked your entire County." she said. "And you don't think I'm a cold blooded killer?"

"You left me alive." I said. "And you didn't kill those men when I asked you not to."

"I thought they'd die in the explosion, along with you." said Shimono. "And you haven't even asked why I wanted to wipe your County off the face of the earth."

"I don't have to." I said. "Tomoko." I saw by the reaction in Keiko's face that I was right. "The Consultant of Crime murdered your sister, buried her in a compost heap without even the courtesy of a funeral or a gravestone. You wanted vengeance for that."

Keiko's face looked dark. "Yes." she said. Then she brightened up as she said "And I have you to thank, Mr. Iron Crowbar, for taking that filthy, evil man's life from him."

"Oh, that was my absolute pleasure to accomplish." I said. "And here's something else." I took my Police iPhone out of my trenchcoat inner pocket and brought up a photo. "Your sister's remains were buried in our cemetery. Not much of a headstone, but it's her name on it."

Keiko's face softened a bit. "You did that?" she asked.

"Yes." I said. "Your sister did not deserve to die and be dishonored and her body desecrated as she was. It didn't bring her back, but it was one way of spitting in Westboro's face, so to speak."

"I am grateful to you for that." Keiko said quietly.

"And one of the Consultant of Crime's cronies is still out there." I said. "Edward Blassingame. He's been using you, just as the Consultant used your sister and then murdered her."

"You are good at psychology, Commander." Keiko said. "But why would I betray Blassingame?"

"First of all," I said as I put my iPhone back in my inner pocket, "he's probably working hard to have you killed right now, before you can tell what you know about him. Second, half the Federal Government wants possession of you, either to kill you or to torture what you know out of you. Give me everything you have on Blassingame, and I'll do what I can to help you and protect you from them."

"Commander," Shimono said, "I do not anticipate surviving this, and I knew long before my name ever came to your attention that if I were ever captured, my life would be forfeit. How can you possibly help me?"