Iscariot Ch. 02

Story Info
A reporter gets his due; the betrayer crosses the line.
14.5k words
4.81
7.2k
7

Part 2 of the 5 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 02/23/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This story is part of an ongoing series. The chronological order of my stories is listed in WifeWatchman's biography.

Feedback and constructive criticism is very much appreciated, and I encourage feedback for ideas.

This story contains graphic scenes, language and actions that might be extremely offensive to some people. These scenes, words and actions are used only for the literary purposes of this story. The author does not condone murder, racial language, violence, rape or violence against women, and any depictions of any of these in this story should not be construed as acceptance of the above.

***

Part 8 - Into Darkness (continued)

"Mr. Geiger," said Edward Blassingame, "my organizations have long recruited and hired Police Officers whose talents have not been properly recognized. We think you are one such Officer, and that you have the potential to do very well with us."

"Thank you, Mr. Blassingame." said Geiger. "I'm ready to help."

"Good." said Blassingame. "Sit down." Only then did Geiger see that a chair had appeared against the wall behind him, next to the door. As Blassingame sat down in the chair behind the desk, Jerry exited, pulling the door shut behind him. Geiger sat down.

"Yes, Boss McGinty was one of my better recruits." said Blassingame. "I knew he was playing his own game, getting dirt on people, mostly to protect himself. And I had no problem with it. I never asked where he kept his Materials, because I knew if and when I needed something, I'd ask him for it and he'd deliver it to me. For a price, but he'd deliver it."

Geiger nodded dumbly, not knowing what to say, and Blassingame continued: "And then came the fly in the ointment: McGinty was killed. The Police and the DEA were the tools used by 'powerful interests' to eliminate him. The Iron Crowbar was getting too close to him. The only reason the Iron Crowbar did not get a bullet in his own back that night, was because they expected him, Troy, to find the Materials. But apparently he never did... so he says."

Geiger peered at Blassingame. "You... you think he found them?"

Blassingame shrugged his shoulders. "He doesn't seem to be looking very hard for them."

Geiger said "Sir, Commander Troy is a sneaky man. He'll seem to be not doing anything about something, then you blink and he's busting some perp. If he seems to be uninterested in McGinty's stuff... that's when he's probably looking for it."

Blassingame smiled thinly. "And that is the kind of information that you can bring to the table that makes you a huge asset to my team. Problem is, you're not going to be with the TCPD much longer, no matter what. They're looking for a way to kick you to the kerb."

"Yes sir, I know." said Geiger.

"Okay, then." said Blassingame. "Here's the deal: you'll go back in one last time. You'll be given some instructions that will allow you to create a backdoor into the TCPD's systems, so you can still access their information, even after you're gone. Start removing any personal effects you want to keep from there. And then the real game starts, and the real money starts flowing."

"Yes sir." said Geiger.

They got up and came out into the outer room. There were several men with lanterns. Jerry was talking to a man with a droopy mustache that reminded Geiger of that SBI Agent Ferrell. Geiger recognized him: he was Dick Granger.

"Okay, gentlemen," said Blassingame as the men gathered in a circle. "We have a new member of the team. He did good work for Harold Malone, and he's now going to be doing good work right under the Iron Crowbar's nose." They nodded, and Blassingame then said: "Okay, you can all go. Jerry, escort Tim here back out. Dick, you're with me." The men scattered. Jerry took Geiger back to the door in which he entered the building.

"He likes you, Friend, I can tell." said Jerry. "Okay, keep your eyes peeled on the way back to your car. We'll be in touch soon." They shook hands and Geiger peered out the door, seeing no one, then left.

Meanwhile, Dick Granger was telling Edward Blassingame "Nothing on his car. Just his cellphone inside it. He's clean; they're not watching him."

"They soon will be." said Blassingame. "Tell our TCPD mole that we need to know if and when Orosco of Internal Affairs brings in Geiger for an... interview. Then we'll know..."

Part 9 - Just Got Real

"Uhhhh..." Lester Holder groaned as he came to. He looked around, seeing only dark walls. Some moonlight filtered in from a row of windows very high up, near the ceiling. "Where am I?" He called out for his cameraman, but there was no response.

Then the door to the small room burst open, and several black men in suits and ties burst in. They were wearing what looked like sunglasses. They grabbed Holder and forced him to sit in a small chair they'd brought in.

"What is this?" Holder imperiously asked. "What the fuck is going on?"

"Shit just got real, Nigga." said a voice. "Shit just got real." And then through the door came the man behind the voice: superstar rapper T-Square.

"What the hell you doing, Brother?" Holder asked sharply, trying not to show the fear welling up inside him. "What do you want with me?"

"Oh, I think you know... 'brother'." said T-Square, his voice a hissing whisper. "You been going around, calling my niece a halfbreed, calling my sister all kinds of shit. How long did you think you were going to get away with that before I caught up to you?"

"I was sayin' that about that Cracker Troy's kid." said Holder. "I'm doing it for the brothers and sisters that the Cracker cops are keepin' down, man!"

"Yeah right." said T-Square. "You can stop the bullshit rhetoric; it don't play here. And you ain't helpin' nobody with that kind of hate speech. Even Jasmine Nix didn't go down that road."

"I'm goading Troy." said Holder. "Making him do something, so we can bust his cracker ass down!"

"Harumph." said T-Square. "You really think the Iron Cracker is gonna fall for that shit? And you think you can call my blood kin... my niece, my sister... names like that, and get away with it?"

"Look, it wasn't meant for you!" said Holder, desperation creeping into his voice. "It was all meant for Troy!"

"Shoulda thought of that before now." said T-Square. "Now shit's gonna get real. Shit's... gonna... get... real..."

As he went for the door, he said to his Regiment, who were now holding black crowbars: "Teach this nigga an unforgettable lesson about calling little girls 'unacceptable' things."

He left the room. The Regiment went to work. They showed no mercy.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

10:50pm, Wednesday, June 26th. As someone at the podium spoke about the merits of three Police precincts, I noticed Police Lieutenant Micah Rudistan come down the aisle to the front row. He crooked his finger towards Captain Teresa Croyle, who got up and went up the aisle with him. They talked for a few minutes, then Rudistan left and Teresa came back to her seat.

And then a KXTC employee came running down the aisle and up to Bettina. They rushed out of the theater together. And Teresa was staring at me. "Let's take a five minute recess, guys." I said. Joseph Williams and Edward Steele rushed for the bathroom behind the stage. Others rushed out to the hallway bathrooms. Reporters started gathering in clumps, whispering.

Teresa came on stage and up to me. "Rudistan said that Lester Holder was dropped off at the Hospital around 10:30. He was found on MLK Drive, very badly beaten. So bad that he's been taken into surgery. An E.R. nurse called the Police, like she's supposed to. The two guys that brought him in didn't leave, and are being interviewed by Hardy and Drew now."

"Wow." I said. "Okay, keep me informed. If something develops, stand up and wave and I'll come down and talk to you. Oh, one more thing..." After telling Teresa to relay some instructions to the Force, I went back to my chair as Teresa went to hers, and we got started again.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

We had hoped that people would be talked out by midnight, but apparently they had stamina. But so did we. Even so, Savannah Fineman was about to fall asleep in her chair, and Edna Carter and the Rev. Joseph E. Williams were dozing off, as well. A few of the cub reporters left around midnight, but most of the reporters endured it, and none of the Police Leadership left. And not a single one of the young people in red shirts or their colleagues that were better dressed left. Not one.

At 2:15am, Thursday, June 27th, the last person spoke. I adjourned the hearing. Everyone began filing out. Reporters started calling out questions, but I hand-signaled the Deputies to move the Media smartly up the aisles and out the doors.

"Wow," said Edward R. Steele as we gathered up our stuff. "That was a long night. I don't think a Council meeting has ever gone that long."

"I'm sorry, guys." I said. "I really didn't think they could go that long. But I appreciate you all staying, and I think the worst part of this whole process is now a done deal."

"It could've been a lot worse." said Edna Carter. Most of them took their one minute or less after you started breaking down their arguments."

"And the Press can't rightly say you didn't give them their voice at the hearing." said Steele.

"True." I said. "And thanks again for bearing with me, and staying."

"That's no problem." said Joseph E. Williams. Then he said: "I'm not trying to start something here, Commander. But you let people speak. Mayor Allgood doesn't at the Council meetings. I understand his reasons. But everyone can see that you're doing the right things. When the next Election comes, they'll remember what Allgood has been doing."

"Yeah, that's something to discuss at another time." I said. Everyone agreed. Savannah and Edna said goodnight and left, and I had Deputies escort them to their cars. Joseph Williams went over and spoke to Sheriff Griswold and Chief Moynahan, then called out his goodbyes and left.

"Think those people will stop packing Council meetings, now that they've had their say?" asked Steele as Mayor Allgood came onto the stage. "Was that your game?"

"No, and no." I said. "I gave them their chance to speak to keep the Press from bitching. But their reasons for packing the Council meetings are different; they're doing that to disrupt the Council meetings on Reginald Lewis's behalf.

"And it better stop." said Allgood. "On the one hand, you letting them speak here might cause them to demand to speak at the Council meetings. On the other hand, I'm going to say their voices were heard at the Charter Commission hearing, and that it's in your hands, not the Council's."

"You can," I said, "but keep using the 'lay it on the table' on them. That's what will keep the USDOJ off your back."

"Nothing is going to keep her off your back." said Teresa as she came up behind Daniel. "She's agenda-driven, and out for blood. She's just looking for a reason to be offended at something. You breathe wrong, she'll call you a racist for it. Call your young son a 'boy', and she'll file a lawsuit against you for it."

"I guess she'll sue me, too, for owning a white dog." I said. "And speaking of that, I would imagine that my white dog and his brown-and-white dog friend need to be taken out. So I better get on home."

Chief Moynahan came up. "I've already told everyone herrrrrre that you won't be late for work in the morning until 10:00am. Let's go home and get some sleep."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Coming in to the Mountain Nest, I heard the pitter-patter of little de-feets as two outstanding dogs bounded down the stairs. "Hey guys!" I said to the dogs, "do you need to go out?" The question was rhetorical, and the way the dogs looked at me as they stood at the back door made that clear.

As the dogs did their business along the back edge of the property, I started a small fire in the little pot outside. I opened my pants and pulled the catheter out of my penis, then emptied the bag that was strapped to my upper thigh on the grass. Then I burned the bag and tubing, the only physical evidence of any foreknowledge by me that Lester Holder was going to get what was coming to him...

Part 10 - Accusations

"This is Bettina Wurtzburg, KXTC Channel Two News!" shouted the redheaded MILF reporterette at 7:00am, Thursday, June 27th, from in front of University Hospital. "Our colleague, reporter Lester Holder, is near death after being found severely beaten last night!"

Bettina began: "Around 10:30 last night, our colleague was found at the edge of the parking lot of the 'Whippets' night club, and was taken to the University Hospital Emergency Room. He was rushed into surgery, where doctors managed to stop internal bleeding in several places. Lester Holder has severe injuries to his head, face, ribs and upper body, abdomen, and deep bruising on his legs, arms, and back."

Bettina: "Police have begun an investigation of this horrific crime, but refuse to say if it's racially motivated. KXTC has asked the U.S. Department of Justice's Civil Rights Division to investigate the attack on Mr. Holder as a hate crime, and have asked the DOJ to determine if Police Commander Donald Troy or anyone with the Town & County Police had anything to do with the crime..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"This is baaaad." drawled Chief Moynahan. "Very very baaaaaad."

We were sitting in the Chief's Conference Room, drinking Jerome Davis's strongest brew of Navy coffee that he could possibly make; the stuff was almost the consistency of syrup. We were there because the Chief had issued an 'all hands on deck' text to us, ending any hopes of sleeping in late.

"I'll be the first to say it, so Crowbar doesn't have to." said Sheriff Griswold. "Served the bastard right. Holder got what was coming to him."

"Whoever did it, did us no favorrrrrrs." replied the Chief. "Now we're all under suspicion, the entire Force."

"I know where I was last night, Chief." I said. "Where were you?"

"Same place you were... fortunately." said the Chief.

*KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK!*

The door opened to reveal Captain Damien Thompson. "Commander Troy," he said, "the Press is massed in the Press Room. They're demanding that you come speak to them."

"Demanding?" I asked arching my eyebrow skeptically.

"Yes sir." said Thompson. All eyes were on me.

"Is anyone from KXTC in the room?" I asked.

"Yes sir." said Captain Thompson. "Bettina Wurtzburg herself. What you just saw on television was pre-recorded. She's the one that's making the demands, and telling everyone in the Press Room that if you don't come speak to them, then you must've been behind Holder's beating."

"Go talk to them." said Chief Moynahan. "Go humiliate Bettina in front of everyone."

"Captain," I said out loud. "Go announce that as long as any KXTC employee is in that room, I will not come in there and talk to them." Thompson raised his eyebrows in surprise, as I'd just pretty much disobeyed the Chief, but he left, closing the door behind him.

"No, Chief." I said. "I am not going to give that traitor Wurtzburg a damn thing."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

8:00am. The 'Angels' meeting was moved to Classroom 'E', and joined by the Sheriff, the Chief, all of MCD, Myron Milton, and the leadership of both Precincts.

"Where's Geiger?" I asked as the meeting started.

"He called and said he had a water leak at home." Lt.(B) Jerome Davis said. That news seemed to cause a number of Detectives to be a bit lighter in their moods, especially Teddy Parker.

"We should bust his pipes more often." Joanne murmured, causing Theo to snort as he failed to stop the laughter from welling up.

"Everything okay over there?" I asked, looking down the table towards them.

"Just fine, sir." said Joanne with her most winning smile. "Just fine."

"Okay, then." I said. "Who was assigned to the investigation of the Holder beatdown?"

Lt. Micah Rudistan said "I put Sergeants DeLong and Carter on it, sir."

Teresa said "I confirmed that when Lt. Rudistan told me about the incident at the Charter Commission hearing last night, sir."

"Good." I said. "So, what happened?" Teresa nodded to Rudistan, who began giving the report:

"At about 10:15pm, two men came out of Whippets, got in their car, and were about to pull out on the road when the saw a man on the ground at the parking lot entrance." Rudistan said. "They got out and went over, and discovered Lester Holder. They said they didn't know who he was when they saw him. They picked him up and put him in the backseat of their car and drove him to the Hospital."

"What were those guys's names?" I asked.

Somewhat to my surprise, Cindy answered. "Their names are Pete Bullock, a.k.a. 'Pete Buttafuoco' for non-obvious reasons; and Warren Yang. Bullock is white, Yang is Asian, and they are longtime customers of Whippets, according to my old buddy Reynolds, the security guy there. Yang was a computer programmer with a financial services company here in Town, until it was discovered that he was a homosexual and frequently visited Whippets. They fired him for cause, saying he was a 'security risk' as well as besmirching the company's reputation by going to Whippets. Now he works for the State Democrat Party. Pete Bullock is a high school dropout who began stealing cars and then went to work in a chop shop, until he was busted in a sting operation while Captain Croyle was Vice Lieutenant. He did two years, then was paroled early under a sponsorship program created by... wait for it... Edward Blassingame and SPS."

"Did he work at SPS?" I asked.

"No, he never did, that any records show." said Cindy. "But he began working at an auto repair shop with three other guys from that same program. They've all kept themselves clean since being paroled, and the TCPD has no issues with them nor their shop."

"Ma'am," said Joanne Warner, "why didn't they call 9-1-1 and let an ambulance come and get him?"

Cindy replied: "According to Bullock and Yang, which Reynolds confirmed when I called him to follow up, ambulances take their sweet time getting to locations that are in or near the Tenderloin District, which is one reason the Sheriff would like to restore the EMS Services. It's the University Ambulance Service's policy to have the Police arrive at a scene first, then call in the ambulance, which takes time. So Bullock and Yang decided to just take the guy to the Hospital themselves, probably saving 30 minutes."

Rudistan said "Yes ma'am, that's what they told DeLong and Carter, too. They also said Holder never regained consciousness while in the car, and the Hospital E.R. people said he wasn't conscious when he was rushed into surgery."

"How badly was Holder injurrrred?" asked the Chief.

"Very badly, sir." said Teresa Croyle. "I talked to Dr. Cordell, the Hospital Administrator, and he emailed me a synopsis of the doctors's reports. Holder was apparently using his arms to protect his head, and there are multiple bruises on his forearms, and his left elbow was shattered. The skull at the top of his head was cracked, and he has concussions in several other spots on his head, as well. His jaw has several hairline fractures."

Teresa continued: "He has three broken ribs from direct blunt force trauma blows, and a lot of soft tissue damage underneath, especially the lungs and possibly the liver. They operated to stop the bleeding and repair damage to his intestines. He also received blows to his back, and they barely missed getting his kidneys but his spine is bruised. And they pummeled his rear end and his legs, which are developing very deep bruises."

"He's lucky to be alive." said the Chief. "Mr. Milton, any camera footage?"