All Comments on 'Island Girl'

by bassbelly

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Amuzing; but it was missing something

You could have had a little more in it. It could have been drawn out a little more with some more of the life on the island. Still, for being a story on island stranding, it was good. (Roticwizard)

JohnnyMaxJohnnyMaxover 11 years ago
Duh

Ok sort of story except

A spark will NOT ignite diesel

an elementary mistake

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Diesel fuel

Diesel has to be atomized to burn. it is one of the most stable fuels.

MoMiner64MeteMoMiner64Meteabout 4 years ago
Fell Way Short.

This story had so much potential but, it fell short in a number of ways. As already pointed out about the diesel fuel. The story didn't even begin to be developed. The characters were not developed. The idea of sailing into a large storm sounded pretty stupid even for this land lubber. Otherwise the writing was pretty good, so I don't want to dump completely on the story. I would encourage the author to rewrite this story doing a lot more research on the subject and incorporating authenticated facts into the story. The author ought to develop the characters of the story and their importance to the story other than that they were on board when they left port. Most importantly the background and qualifications of the skipper are paramount. Not just any weekend sailor has the qualifications to take the helm of a 65 foot yacht worth upwards of $1,000,000.00. The author has to keep in mind that the skipper has the very lives of every person on board in his hands. And some jurisdictions might no be happy with him turning over the helm to a subordinate during the storm. It seems to me that a responsible skipper would do a safety inspection of his yacht before he even left port or maybe the US Coast Guard would require it especially before a long trip to the south seas.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous