All Comments on 'Isn't It Ironic'

by Starwolf1961

Sort by:
  • 68 Comments
KarnevilKarnevilalmost 2 years ago

Unoriginal, uninteresting and overall quite uninspiring. As a first story it doesn't bode well for anything to follow. I guess a few BTB neanderthals will enjoy, but really the only saving grace was the fact that it was very short.

AngelRiderAngelRideralmost 2 years ago

How is mineral water ironic? It's neither alcohol or a illegal drug

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Always be prepared and please pay better attention to your stupid cunt of a wife, great work

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Why did he wait six months?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

piss poor story line. Wife has coke in her car and the police show up without a warrant. Not useable in court. Smacks of a set up. No background on this short brief story. That doesn’t work

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This dickhead waited 6 months after getting evidence his slut wife was cheating! Why? Then, all FOUR of her playmates... I only counted three: Boss, then the two guys. The devil is in the details.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Not bad, needed more depth

georgelittle2000georgelittle2000almost 2 years ago

Very nice for your first story, please go on!

SlithyToveSlithyTovealmost 2 years ago

I really don't want to discourage a new author, so there's not a lot I can say here. Not many stars.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodlealmost 2 years ago

Why is it ironic that she had a bottle of mineral water and that she didn’t tolerate drugs or alcohol? Why was that part in quotations?

What company has a “morality clause”? She’s an adult and companies don’t like to dictate who or what consenting adults do unless it’s on company time.

Why would she be upset that her husband had an affair when she was already having one?

Why would she lose access to her son? What vials are you talking about? Why would they be charged with intent to distribute?

What in the absolute fuck are you talking about? Crappy PI’s? It’s like you couldn’t even be bothered to tell us who or what is going on or why it matters? Why didn’t she just claim spousal abuse, get a restraining order, tell the cops he’s a rapist and have removed from the home then prevent his son from seeing him, meanwhile she gets alimony AND child support and the house that he pays for and kets the courts fuck jim in the ass?

Your story makes no fucking sense.

FireFox59FireFox59almost 2 years ago

Good little first story. Thanks for posting.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

You really need to proofread your stories.

Regguy69Regguy69almost 2 years ago

Pretty good, but short, little tale. Isn’t it odd how the cheater is always so quick to accuse their partner and usually with seriously righteous indignation. My guess is they’re looking for some sort of excuse for their own actions.

You dropped a few words (something I struggle with with I write), but pretty well written. Hope you’ll write again.

aptonthe503aptonthe503almost 2 years ago

Well done short story!

Thank you & Please keep writing!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

You lost it at the ridiculous alienation of affection lawsuits. Not really a thing anymore and hasn't been for a while, pretty much everywhere. Almost all states have abolished these types of cases, but seven states still allow homewrecker lawsuits; Hawaii, Illinois, New Mexico, North Carolina, Mississippi, South Dakota, and Utah. Even there, they usually go nowhere, or get dismissed with only the lawyers making anything from the billabe hours. Other than that, he's a fucking idiot for waiting 7 months to cut her loose.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Boom!

.

4 ****

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Rule of thumb when writing dialogue: when the character speaking changes, start a new paragraph. Do NOT writing conversations as one paragraph.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Nicely done.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 2 years ago

I always like a story where the cheater destroys herself with just a little help from her victim. Good job.

LordGeoffreyLordGeoffreyalmost 2 years ago

So he's leaving and she'll be arrested for drugs. How old is the son? This story needs at least some details.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Good short story

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraalmost 2 years ago

Irony with a huge dose of hyperbole. In this case, it worked like a well-oiled machine.

.

A word of advice. Break up the larger paragraphs. The human mind gets bogged down, especially when there are dialogue changes inside those bigger blocks. Great writing style, though. 5/5!

katranmankatranmanalmost 2 years ago

Excellent first story! Keep them coming. ***** stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Needs a reread by the author and editing to clean it up.

muskyboymuskyboyalmost 2 years ago

Good story but needed more context, especially why he waited 7 months!

GamblnluckGamblnluckalmost 2 years ago

Just gotta drop you a nod. i don't like these short stories but you pulled it off. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

If the little wimpy cuck Karnevil hated it you know you did good.

26thNC26thNCalmost 2 years ago

That was great! Finally a new author who can write a story. Nothing better than an indignant, cheating wife getting her threats shoved down her throat. My PI is better than your PI is a great line.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

dumb....just....dumb......

MightyHornyMightyHornyalmost 2 years ago

Nice story... although: is it really HIS son?

In any case, thanks for the share.

iammweaseliammweaselalmost 2 years ago

Sorry this story has been done many times before and better.

Your writing structure is way off, clearing that up would be a major step.

Secondly ignore everything you've read here and if not, do something different to make it your own. YOu didnt do that this time.

Also this ""Your company will be served tomorrow for failure to enforce your corporates morality clause in their bylaws." is a common fallacy amongst the brain trust here. I spent years in a corporate HQ and the folks at the top never gave a damn about morals. Management at the top didnt give a shit if a married Executive was banging a married Secretary, even when they took them on business trips exclusively as a bed warmer, but if anyone spread rumors that got too loud the secretary would be let go with a nice severance package.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great job for such a short story....keep writing!

5* Thanx!

Loklie

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A fine first effort. Will look forward to reading more of your work.

BigfundrewBigfundrewalmost 2 years ago

I look forward to more from you

Grant_GlapsvidhrsonGrant_Glapsvidhrsonalmost 2 years ago

Great first entry. 5 stars!

EdgeOfSundownEdgeOfSundownalmost 2 years ago

Damn, a new writer who isn't flooding this place with sorry assed cucky fantasies.

Kudos...

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitalmost 2 years ago

Good story, although I don’t understand why he waited six months to dump her. That’s a long time to stay calm and keep it to himself.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcalmost 2 years ago

One of the best, and funniest shorts I've read in a long, long time. Well done! 5*

Starwolf1961Starwolf1961almost 2 years agoAuthor

Techicnically. Alienation of affection is called criminal conversation and it is a tort and redress can be sought it court for damage to a marriage. I also worked for companies in the past that had old school presidents that disallowed fraternizing and moral turpitude. This qualifies and its FICTION. Suspension of disbelieve is not necessary, but it helps enjoy the story. If you want documentary, go elsewhere

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The only challenge I might offer is to the finding of drugs in her car in their garage. It might allow the police to seize the car and the garage as part of the drug confiscation process and possibly obtain a search warrant to the rest of the house where she might have drugs hidden and then the house is gone as well.

mattenwmattenwalmost 2 years ago

All ifs and buts are not important to me. You told a nice little story very well and completely satisfied the BTB lovers. Thanks for that! 5*!!!

Crusader235Crusader235almost 2 years ago

Ultimate BTB's. Well done.

SilverWolf78754SilverWolf78754almost 2 years ago

Good story, but you need to start a new paragraph when the person speaking changes.

TogsfreeTogsfreealmost 2 years ago

Brilliantly executed short

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreealmost 2 years ago

A good start.

The plot was no nonsense,

but lacked 'character'.

4 out of 5 from me.

georgelittle2000georgelittle2000almost 2 years ago

Excellent first attempt!

You should keep writing

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

So, the guy lives with her for 7 months after finding out her daliances... I have to wonder what type of man would live with a slut, druggie, and whore for 7 months knowing what his wife is... was he having sex with her, also?... no, sympathy for him at all... no background or buildup... just the facts mam story ain't gonna get it... unless this is all you got, get another hobby... 2-stars and a streeeetch at that.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

From wiki :

"As of 2016, alienation of affection was recognized in six United States jurisdictions: Hawaii, North Carolina, Mississippi, New Mexico, South Dakota, and Utah. The U.S. Supreme Court has declined to consider the constitutionality of such torts, suggesting that these torts are unconstitutional under the United States Constitution and relevant modern precedents decided based upon it."

bookmadcatbookmadcatalmost 2 years ago

A good first story, although I can't get my head around the fact that it took him 7 months, maybe some background and a bit more detail might help; regarding anonymous getting his facts from wiki, this is FICTION, look it up on wiki, or get an adult to do it for you; to the author, keep it up looking forward to your next posting

Starwolf1961Starwolf1961over 1 year agoAuthor

I agree! 7 months is too long. I thought he needed the time to gather evidence and prepare for the denouement. I probably overestimated prep time, for that I apologize.

LT56linebackerLT56linebackerover 1 year ago

As long as he didn't fuck her for 7 months. Not bad for a first shot. The Bear approves. 6 stars, 'cause I can't count. It could have used a little bit more bloodshed on the asswipes, but that's O.K The money, embarrassment, and social stigma will suffice. Keep up the good work.

The BEAR

kirei8kirei8over 1 year ago

Like I said about your other story, an A+ for effort. You definitely need some proofreaders to point out obvious missed words and such but also to give you suggestions. 7 months was way too long and the mineral water was not irony. You have great potential as one of the better writers on this site. Keep it up!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Having just read your second story I looked for additional stories and found you had written only these two. Well as one reader stated and I agree, you need to develop your initial beginning with more info such as why it took 7 months before action was taken. Good stories ,both of them otherwise.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wifey had four playmates? Who was number 4?

Unless Allan and Allen are two different guys (and the story itself indicates that Allan is just another error), this is too basic a mistake to reasonably be made in a story this short. 2-stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

4 Star. I like revenge stories that end well, she got her TITS TATTED.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 1 year ago

The irony wasn't mineral water, the irony was that wife said "You'll never see your son again!"

And, in truth, with her jail sentence for possession of drugs, she is likely to be the one "never seeing her son again.

That was the irony,

KRD19254KRD19254over 1 year ago

I read both stories and have to agree you need more flushing and background to get the readers into the swing of the story - you rush to end.

\

Also you have some serious grammatical errors that a simple READ IT OUT LOUD would have popped out to you. You need serious proof reading so WAIT a week before proofing - get the story out of your mind, read it fresh, then most errors will come to light. I have mild dyslexia and that is how I must do it but I space out each read by 2weeks each edit. I write under a different pen-name.

\

I like your story but miss the confirmation of all revenge(s). BTB?

\

4.5*****, Hooyah, many Salutes, you need editing/proofing help

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This is not a story. There are no characters, no plot. This is just a poorly imagined list of consequences of an obviously fictional infidelity.

WargamerWargamerover 1 year ago

Hilarious so bad, l gave it 4/5 for being soooo bad

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Short and sweet but this story has been told many, many times…….

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Good short story. Good first effort. Nice BTB

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Brief but good.

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Very tidy for a short one.

phill1cphill1c4 months ago

You have no standing to sue the company, unless you own the company or some portion thereof. They don't work for you so cannot be held accountable to you. They aren't your marriage's manager. YOU are. You lost control of the mare. Just that simple...Move on.

AnonymousAnonymous17 days ago

Intentional infliction of emotional distress. Believe that should cover everyone involved.

Each of the wife's lovers.

The company for failure to enforce their policies. With that many involved in the company. Management knew.

Just for chuckles, the soon to be ex-wife.

Quite sure that a rabid attorney could come up with more.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userStarwolf1961@Starwolf1961
Retired science teacher who likes to read and play computer games.

SIMILAR Stories