All Comments on 'It Ain't Paranoia if... Ch. 02'

by Texican1830

Sort by:
  • 58 Comments
WargamerWargamerover 2 years ago

Gets deeper and deeper.

Excellent stuff, 5/5

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 2 years ago

Still enjoying this story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I want more! Very well written.

RanDog025RanDog025over 2 years ago

Loving this story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Lived in Texas my whole life, never heard a single person call it “the Big Bend” instead of just “Big Bend.”

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I didn't know there were democrats in big bend! Especially with writing ability.

muskyboymuskyboyover 2 years ago

Love it.

Don't care what they call it.....Jesus, come comments are unbelievable.

Hiram325Hiram325over 2 years ago

Rolicking good story.

linnearlinnearover 2 years ago

Excellent follow up, I truly love your stories.

oldsage_1oldsage_1over 2 years ago

Great story from a great yarn spinner! Looking forward to the next installment!

Cheers

SAGE

Baldy74Baldy74over 2 years ago

Enjoying the story but I'm struggling with the main characters and his actions. 5 years of anger and bitterness, because of a woman that ripped his heart out and destroyed his family. She shows a bit of leg and apologises and a few days later he's almost eating out of her hands.

The kids I get, though hard can be forgiven much easier. But her? That would take months surely? And I've never got this, let's sit down and discuss everything at length! Why? He knows why she did it, she made it very clear. Him wanting to do that is just going to drag up all the dirt and pain!

That being said, looking forward to what happens next.

Texican1830Texican1830over 2 years agoAuthor

Anonymous, during the six summers I spent there, I learned that the Big Bend is the region, Big Bend is the national park, and Big Bend Ranch (state park) is called that. The Big Bend (region) would include Presidio, Brewster, and Jeff Davis counties, although the northern part of Jeff Davis is commonly called the Davis Mountains.

dawg997dawg997over 2 years ago

Interesting premise. Bringing in the geography of the area so vividly adds to the depth of the story. And really good character development and interaction.

I'm really looking forward to the next chapter!

Texican1830Texican1830over 2 years agoAuthor

Chapter 3 has been submitted.

Texican1830Texican1830over 2 years agoAuthor

Baldy, remember Rob ruminating about how they just seem to keep doing things together with their kids rather than talking about what happened? Well, they have part one of that conversation in the next chapter. Chapter 4, however, has an explanation of Rob's situation.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Couple of things really bugging me. One is the five years that elapsed since Rob last saw his kids. Rob left when they were four and two years old. Grace might still have some memories from the age of four, but the additional five years would muddy the waters of her memory. Dos would be harder pressed to recall his memories from the age of two. I doubt seven year old Dos would have any effective memories of Rob at this point, essentially making Rob a stranger to him. That said, the kids get out of the car recognizing the dog and acting like they just got back from summer camp since last seeing Rob! Mmmm. It's not impossible for the kids to have memories of Rob but the five year interim would have caused more emotional detachment, converting Rob into something of a distant uncle figure or something. A secondthing is that Rob has been too quick to forget Kaitlyn's manipulative and disrespectful abandonment of their marriage. Kaitlyn's toying with Rob in the car should have been met with a more acidic resentment on Rob's part. Something along the lines of..."Who do you think you are? Get your feet off my dash and keep them to yourself!" Kaitlyn was being pretty forward and Rob doesn't seem to be the type of guy to put up with her behavior. For Kaitlyn showing up unannounced, five years after throwing Rob away to be with his arch-rival, taking his kids away from him. Kaitlyn proved herself to be an unfaithful cheater not deserving of Rob's love, admiration, devotion or respect! Just saying. TANSTAAFL

Texican1830Texican1830over 2 years agoAuthor

Anon/TAN - Beg to differ on a few points. My son was two years old when his grandfather died, yet he could always pick him out in photo, and kids ALWAYS remember the family dog. The Kaitlyn-Rob dynamic... yeah, she was a mess. Hard to see how they get back together.

tizwickytizwickyover 2 years ago

Excellent story engaging and very well written. I know some of the places that are mentioned in the story and many years ago I had a beer while visiting Terlingua TX. It's a very different part of the world I would describe it as the Key West of Texas.

SilverWolf78754SilverWolf78754over 2 years ago

Interesting as always. I've only been to Fredericksburg and the Enchanted Rock. I would like to visit mor of the Hill Country and Big Bend, especially go to the observatory. Maybe we can see the Marfa lights...

Texican1830Texican1830over 2 years agoAuthor

Silverwolf, I've been to see the Marfa Lights a few score times, and they've never failed to show. The 'new' parking/viewing area is nice, but it was more fun when we just parked off the road. Put exploring the Hill Country down for about a dozen trips (the Highland Lakes deserve one each), and then put Big Bend down for a good week, preferrably in the spring or autumn, because camping in the Chisos Basin and Davis Mountains State Park is just fantastic. Even in the dead of summer, it will get hot during the day, but the temp falls off into the 60s or 50s (sometimes 40s) at night in the mountains. Remember: Alpine is higher than Denver!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I gave it a 1 because it is not finished. I hate people who put part of a story up, then never finish it. This site is loaded with those.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You say chapter 3 was submitted 6 days ago. Where is it?

Texican1830Texican1830over 2 years agoAuthor

Anon - there have been several times when I submitted chapters before the previous chapter is posted and they were published out of order. The comments and scores were not good, so now I wait until a chapter is published before submitting the next. How long after that it gets published is beyond my control.

JayDiverJayDiverover 2 years ago

I realize that these stories on Literotica are entirely fictional and free, and I respect that. What I don't appreciate is an author that tries to smear sweet frosting on a multifaceted real-life problem solely to promote their agenda.

The Mexican border problem isn't with fishermen, hikers and rafters, or even tourists as your main character references. The problem is with the thousands and thousands of people who want to flee the poverty, crime, and corruption of Latin America for what they see as the land of milk and honey in the US.

America has immigration policies, procedures, and rules. These people on the Mexican border just don't want that to apply to them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story, just about to read the next chapter hope there's more to come after that one.

Texican1830Texican1830over 2 years agoAuthor

Jay, the MC speaks frequently about the issues with coyotes, human trafficking, drug trafficking, and sex trafficking. But like it or don’t, the policies and practices in place ALSO affect those who live, fish, work, and visit their counterparts along the border.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Yes when you let it all loose there becomes a culture. Secure are needed because they did not do a modicum of security in the first place in order to have a flooded labor market and voluntary low wage slaves. Now the only way is hardcore security .

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 2 years ago

Page 1

Your ignorance on the subject of borders is spectacularly juvenile.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 2 years ago

Imagine the US defending our borders the way MC defends his borders at home 😂

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 2 years ago

Most of page 2 can be skipped as it adds nothing to the story

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 2 years ago

007 silly but a lot of fun

Texican1830Texican1830over 2 years agoAuthor

Schwanzel, I’ve lived within 60 miles of the Mexican border for more than 30 years, have crossed it hundreds of times, have fished every lake and hundreds of miles of the Rio, and own land within the Nueces strip. I’m pretty sure I know more about the border than the jackasses living hundreds/thousands of miles away chanting BS.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A nice adventure action story I guess, but it is a poor fit for the Loving Wives category. He married a stupid shallow selfish greed head, so now she has somehow been transformed into a disciplined virtuous intelligent woman. That's nice. I hope after he wipes out all the bad guys with his BFG5000 they all live happily ever after. How sweet. Thanks for the effort.

PakePakeover 2 years ago

Dont let that schwanze person fuck up you joy in writting a good storry.

Texican1830Texican1830over 2 years agoAuthor

Anon - It's in Novels and Novellas, not Loving Wives... Perhaps she finally grew up?

Texican1830Texican1830over 2 years agoAuthor

Pake - I don't. I write for my own enjoyment. Not everyone likes it, just like I don't like everything I read on here. That's okay. But I will defend my positions.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Oh bullshite, that cynt needs to go. This dude is a total sissy boy cuck.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Better chapter

I really like the area where the big palm trees are. I have trapped quite a few smugglers near there. They like to hide out in the old buildings to wait for their meet to show up.

Cracker270Cracker270over 2 years ago

I am really enjoying this one. Descriptions of the Big Bend country are wonderful

jrphdojrphdoalmost 2 years ago

Great story so far. While I empathize with your reasoning on border security, if we don't stop this invasion soon we won't have a country left!

6King6Kingalmost 2 years ago

Seems like one author is drinking the cuck kool-aid.

lujon2019lujon2019almost 2 years ago

good story aside from the protagonist being a spineless cuck

lujon2019lujon2019almost 2 years ago

good story aside from the protagonist being a spineless cuck

Horseman68Horseman68almost 2 years ago

This has the makings of a great story. Looking forward to see how these characters fare.

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 2 years ago

Is that all true about the Mexican border? The problems the wall caused and is causing? If so how do we control access and stop the the trouble makers? The sure is some rifle he's got, is that for real? With our tech stuff these days it just may be. Good story. Below a problem sentences but still 5 stars.

THESE SENTENCES HAVE A COUPLE OF MINOR PROBLEMS:

That's why I was able to drill the well and tap into the water table, and why I also a very adequate septic system for the toilet.

I certainly didn't understand her purpose, unless it was a simple as they wanted to come see me and she was willing to face my ire to bring them.

I tired extricating myself, but she protested in her sleep, clutched

"Kaitlyn, I can't tell you much, but I'll can recount a story Texas Monthly covered, of a bandit who crossed the

succumbed to the venom of a poisonous snake, encountered a panther of bear on the rampage

Ravey19Ravey19almost 2 years ago

Interesting piece on the border along the Rio Grade. Now what has caused the contract to be put out on the family; presumably by her second husband but where and how did he build such contacts and money?

greenbeardlkgreenbeardlkover 1 year ago

Gave it a 1 star due to author politics. which no matter what the author claims runs counter to residents primary opinion. normally would give it a 4 or 5.

Texican1830Texican1830over 1 year agoAuthor

Greenie - thanks. Didn’t realize espousing the words I’ve heard spoken in a Terlingua bar by about ten locals was a factor in scoring.

TTVOLTTVOLover 1 year ago

I thought there might be a story here but what I found are the ramblings of a know-it-all narcisist.

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithover 1 year ago

Outstanding!!!!!! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Excellent writing and would have been an excellent story if it wasn't clear that you are turning this into a story about a Cuck.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What fun! Keep it going. 5*s.

Ravey19Ravey19about 1 year ago

Enjoying the re-read.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Any story must provide the reader be able to believe, or at least accept, the story plot and behavior of the characters. This story has, for me, a very serious, thought not yet fatal, flaw, namely his ex wife. NO one who went through the emotional agony of cold betrayal, such he did, would ever be able to accept he presence with such equanimity. Given he wanted to kill her on sight, the thing saving her were the kid, makes any silly rapprochement totally unbelievable. The woman is a narcissistic sociopath who meal ticket dried up so she returns to door number one to be taken care of...USING the children as her entry pass.

The second issue for me is his apparent "couldn't care less about border security.

I wonder how he feels about the INVASION [100,000 and climbing] of our country. The cartels are shipping in Fentanyl by the ton- for anyone's info the Fentanyl is manufactured in China and sold to the Cartels-resulting 150,000 deaths annually.Thats 411 deaths a day..FAR WORSE than any "mass shooting" All because the Dems opened the border. Let's not fail to mention the hundreds of young girls sent north by the cartels and sold into prostitution.

These two large issues aside I'm liking the story and chracters.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Fantastic story, I like it!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

You should go to work for Disney, writing fairytales like this one where the MC is a the greatest guy in the world wealthy and magnanimous, but can't keep his wife happy. All the while you inerlace woke political positions that are obviously fraudulent in there assertions. What I find even more puzzling is that you debate with the critics who comment on the story. Dude it's your work and it is just a story who cares about the criticism from people reading your work for free. Some will like others will not. My opinion is it that it could be better without the preaching and maybe more believable if the MC actually had some flaws, and wasn't the perfect husband totally and irrationally wronged by his wife family and business partners.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTexican1830@Texican1830
Yes, I'm old enough to have enjoyed the '60s...and 70s, and everything from then until now. My experiences and points of view are likely quite different, so be open minded when you read my stuff, as I do with yours. Current works: Chapters 1 & 2 of Comeuppance are awaiting a...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories