It Ain't Paranoia if... Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Kaitlyn, Grace, and Dos were behind me, sitting calmly at the picnic table nestled near the west and south walls, and well below the wall around the patio. A burst flew over my head and hit high on the south wall of the house, burrowing harmlessly into the adobe.

"Dad, that came from someone crawling up the rocks on this side of the creek. He's getting close to the road!" Grace informed me.

I ignored the shooter because he couldn't hit us from that angle with the wall between us, and I knew he had to cross an open area once he cleared the rocks. I'd have a good shot then.

The other target raised his head above the top of the bank and fired a burst that hit the SW wall of the house; his head exploded, and he and his rifle fell back into the arroyo.

I swung the rifle to the climber.

He didn't like the open space, or maybe he didn't like the odds, because he hesitated with his right hand on top of the rock he was behind. I guess he decided to try, because his arm snaked over the top, his hand grasped the edge, and he lunged for the ledge he had to cross. The bullet caught him in the chest before he made it, and he tumbled backward onto the rocks.

"Any moving heat signatures?" I asked.

"No, Rob," Kaitlyn assured me. "Some are gone, and some are fading, but none are moving."

"Okay, give me the controls and let me bring it back and get it stowed away." She handed me the controls and asked what they should do now.

"Great job, everyone; I think the danger has been mitigated for the time being, but let's remain careful anyway; crouch down and go back in the house. Get your stuff together while I put the drone away. I'll grab my go bag, we'll get in the Jeep, and go meet Saguaro at Study Butte. We have a long drive ahead of us before we get to the Mountain Lair."