It All Started On Christmas Morning

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Thought I was going to have to come to find you."

"Sorry, I was snooping."

"Feel free to look around, I want you to be comfortable here."

"I don't know that I would ever be comfortable here, it's so big."

"Try living here alone!" he laughed, "Anyway, the bath is ready, may I take your robe m'lady?"

She opened her robe and let it drop, striking a pose, and then putting her long hair up in a loose knot.

"I don't know that I will ever get used to seeing you naked, you take my breath away."

"Please Blane, no more tears today, okay?"

"Sorry . . . Get in the bath Wench!"

They both laughed, she stepped into the tub and sat down, and he followed, facing her. For the next twenty minutes or so they played in the bubbles, making Santa beards and other nonsense, like a couple of kids. As the bubbles finally subsided they actually bathed. He had her turn her back to him as he washed her body, almost a repeat of what he had done in the chair except he purposely avoided stimulating her too much. Afterward, she did the same for him.

They donned their robes, but they didn't last long, the bed beckoned and soon they were under the covers, snuggling and kissing. Over the next hour, they made love, slow soft, and gentle, him on top, her on top, lying on their sides. Cassie felt as if she was in a constant state of near orgasm. When they finally found sweet relief they both moaned, quivering together, then fell asleep in each other's arms.

A couple of hours later they awoke, still tangled in each other's arms.

"Cassie," Blane started, "The things I say to you, the way I look at you, they're only because I'm desperate to have you near me. Having found you, I don't want to lose you, I don't ever want to be alone again."

"It's okay, Blane. I don't plan to go anywhere. I love you, but desperation is unbecoming."

"I get it, I'll work on being less desperate, but you . . ." Blane almost went off on a monologue that would be sure to bring more tears, so he acquiesced.

"I should be going, but I need a shower, I smell like sex."

"Well, in an attempt to not seem desperate, and to let you get on your way without crying, or cumming, again, I'll let you do that alone. Did you find a shower earlier when you were snooping?" Blane grinned at her.

"I did, and I appreciate the consideration," she said with a smile as she kissed his forehead.

For the next two weeks, Blane played it cool, simple "I love you's" without all the desperation, but he did not veer from his plan. Wednesday afternoon found him at a jeweler. To his credit, he purchased a very feminine diamond solitaire setting with a 2-carat oval cut diamond. Understated in his mind but he figured he could go big with the wedding band if she said yes.

Friday came and they were off to the cabin. Charlie and Andrea were excited about sleeping in front of the fireplace, and Charlie wanted to see bears. Blane didn't have the heart to tell him there were no bears in these mountains. They arrived after dark and quickly settled in. Blane started a fire and they all sat around roasting marshmallows. The kids got tired so Cassie and Blane got them settled in front of the fire, Blane closed the fire doors and turned on the fan that would circulate air through the log rack, keeping them warm but safe from sparks. Cassie and Blane went to bed and lay there for a bit just talking. Before long they were asleep. The next morning they all had breakfast and then cleaned up. They planned to take the kids for a walk. While Cassie was in the shower, Blane and Charlie talked.

"Charlie, can you keep a secret? Just until we're done with our walk."

"I can," he said, "I'm good at keeping secrets."

"Okay, you know that I told your mom that I love her, right?"

"Yes, and she told you she loves you too. She told me and Andrea. She's very excited."

"I'm glad to hear that. So as the man of your house, I need to ask you a question."

"What Blane?"

"May I have your permission to ask your mom to marry me?"

"ARE YOU KIDDING! YES!!"

"Shhhhh, she might hear us. Thank you for your permission. I'm going to ask her today on our walk when we get to an overlook. The first time I took her there she was impressed. I thought you and Andrea should be there since you'll be my family too."

"Can I call you dad?"

"That's up to you, and your mom. She hasn't said yes yet so let's hold the questions for later, okay? Remember, you can't say a word until I ask her."

"I remember, I hope she says yes, I love you, Blane."

"I love you too, Charlie. Andrea too."

With everyone ready for a walk they struck out through the woods, Andrea stayed close but Charlie ran ahead, exploring, yelling and jumping, and generally enjoying himself. When they reached the overlook Charlie took Andrea and sat down at the edge of the woods behind Blane and his mom. Blane and Cassie stood there holding hands, in awe of the fall foliage.

"Cassie, you know I love you."

"Yes, and I love you."

"You know that I only have eyes for you."

"Yes, I know. Are you about to make me cry? You've been doing so good."

"I'm probably going to make you cry, but maybe this will be the last time."

"Oh, shit," thought Cassie, "Here it comes, the prank is over and he's kicking me to the curb, tired of me and my constant sobbing. Maybe I'll just throw myself over this cliff."

"I can't live without you, even here with all this fresh air, I can't breathe without you."

"Well, here come the tears. What are you trying to say, Blane?"

"He turned to her and got down on one knee as he showed her the ring."

"Cassie Kingston, the only thing I want in this world that I don't already have is for you to be my wife. Will you marry me?"

Cassie gasped as she looked at the man she loved offering her the most beautiful ring she'd ever seen.

"SAY YES MOM! SAY YES!" Charlie yelled. Andrea parroted him.

Cassie's tears flowed, she couldn't speak, she just offered him her left hand and nodded through the tears. Blane stood and placed the ring on her finger then wrapped her in his arms. Charlie and Andrea ran to them and wrapped their arms around their legs.

Epilogue

At Thanksgiving that year, Blane and Cassie played host and hostess at his home. Her ring was the center of attention. They married on Christmas Day, one year after they met, and that big house was finally full of love and family once again. Cassie finally stopped crying so much, now confident that this wasn't a cruel joke being played on her. She quit her job and became the face of JacksonCorp philanthropy. Blane adopted Charlie and Andrea, Bill was only too happy to be free from child support. He had visitation rights but gradually his time with the kids dwindled to nothing. Two years later Cassie gave birth to Anthony, who would grow up and be elected CEO of JacksonCorp.