All Comments on 'It Didn't Work Out Ch. 12'

by -Ripley-

Sort by:
  • 44 Comments
tygztygzabout 10 years ago

Nice wrap-up to a well-told tale!

azure_skiesazure_skiesabout 10 years ago
Misty eyed

I've read this chapter a few times now but it still gets to me every time. Utterly brilliant and inspiring writing throughout the whole series. I did not foresee the breakup coming or the reasons for it. I was not sure they would reunite at the end until I read it. It felt as though I was there.

The story is topical on the subject of marriage equality and acceptance. This author is not afraid to highlight the issues of the times.

mcollectmcollectabout 10 years ago
Wonderful

I haven't read a better story here!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
thank you

xxoo

wdelanderwdelanderabout 10 years ago
Well written story

You are obviously a good writer
 the story advanced smoothly, and there was enough character development (even minor characters) to make us care about the what happened.

I think you missed a big opportunity by not making Don more sympathetic, and showing Bridget and Don in loving situations. A couple that has been together many years has shared a lot of good things, and that wasn't shown or explored. Of all the characters, Don comes across as a caricature.

That makes Bridget's decision much less difficult, and in the end, it makes the story less powerful.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Voting? I Don't Understand!

5* for me!!!

I'm trying to figure out what's happened to the voting on this chapter. While chapter 11 was clearly the climactic one, this epilogue does a lovely job of tying everything up and providing the happy ending that most romantic stories have. Nicely done! The scores for this chapter should be well over 4 so I'm having difficulty understanding the low scores here.

I first discovered your work with "PTA Volunteer" and have enjoyed most of it since. Please continue writing because you clearly have the talent.

GreatOak123GreatOak123about 10 years ago
Superb!

A brilliant story, each episode building on the one before. You are now my favourite author on this site.

tygztygzabout 10 years ago

Voting scores: this is essentially a lesbian story, but some people will downvote it because Bridget actually enjoyed - at least a couple times - doing it with her husband (who, while being "an idiot", turned out to not be a horrible person). Then, the "loving wives" types will downvote it because the wife sharing wasn't about husband humiliation... the group sex-ers will downvote because there wasn't a free-for-all. Basically, it was a pretty realistic piece, with feelings and all, which spanned a few disparate genres, so it didn't get as many 5s as it probably would have if it has been more limited.

BoxcarbillBoxcarbillalmost 10 years ago
Yes!!!!

What a wonderful story. Girls in turmoil about their feelings should read this with a open heart! Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
wonderfull.. amazing..

wonderfull.. amazing.. i don't know ..what the perfect words.. to said..

but in ..my dirty fetish fantasy.. i want be a slave huby for bridget n sian.. forever..

thank's for share this story

AurimazAurimazover 9 years ago
***

Yep, this one produced many conflicting feelings. Basically, I hate male interference when reading about lesbians, but it's my problem, not author's. So I'm actually glad that the annoying male character was out of the picture at the end.

azure_skiesazure_skiesover 9 years ago
Therapy

Is what anonymous needs.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
wtf

1st Don should have never agreed to her dating a Lesbian just a bisexual chick. They never went to a strip club to learn to objectify woman together she played his emotions when his dick was hard. he let his wife make up all the rules, when she admitted she didn't know what she was getting into. This story was a piece of shit bridget was setting us up along like if I have to have sex it must be love with a woman, Don should of actively did things to help severe their connection. this bitch bridget always had more patience for her female lover if Don was too horny she was upset. Don wanted to see 2 women have sex, and bridget decided to put her lover on the same playing field as her husband. She was cold hearted bitch always witholding sex, never letting him know he was moving fast during sex. this bitch bridget lacked intamacy with Don and that is the core of lesbian sex. Even in the end he is asking her premission to move on fuck that bitch who barely gave him the pussy. Don should have took the pussy and turned his wife into his sex slave and should have fucked her lover like that is the only way you can fuck my wife. In the end this asking for a threesome when your wife secretly resents your relationship is what this is all the time in her own thoughts she would be mad have sex in a way that wasn't satisfying to her but never give her husband pointers to improve their sex. Bitches like this can kick rocks and jump off a fucking cliff. He finds out in the marriage she ate pussy in highschool this should have been spoken about before getting married. Sian was a bitch too planning to take this man's wife away and knew if she cut bridget off completly and swiftly bridgette would go crazy thinking about her. Don was a fool not wanting a tthreesome, but when she started talking that love crap he should have said

he wasn't serious and went and bought him a threesome with some hookers or strippers.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Well done; keep your judgment to yourself, Anon.

First let me say Ripley has done an amazing job of creating real characters, flaws and all. That is a big deal in fiction. Beautiful story that was mostly believable.

Second, it's nobody's business but mine who I marry. Anon - and a lot of other people spending ANY TIME trying to regulate other people's morality is ridiculous. Maybe ask yourself why it REALLY bothers you so much - cause it about you, not about gay people. Good luck.

Captain MidnightCaptain Midnightover 8 years ago
I was the person who needed therapy

azure_skies was talking to me.

I wasn't the Anonymous who posted the rant a week after azure_skies told me I needed therapy. I don't write names in all small caps. Whoever that Anonymous was, he or she expressed my feelings at the time, but at that time I was sliding off the brink into madness.

I did get therapy. Lord knows I needed it. What you don't know was that I was dealing with what became permanent illnesses with my parents. I still have to live and die with that every day as they slowly go downhill. I crafted that onto the story of the slow death of a marriage with a spouse helpless to prevent it.

It took me nearly a year to realize that nobody was at fault in this story and that, thank God, none of the three major characters hated each other. I hope they will be friends in the future, and truly glad for one another. I didn't know -- as Bridget didn't know -- that she was lesbian all her life and that she wasn't "turned" by Sian, or for that matter by Don.

I meant what I said at the time. I can't take that back. I did delete some of my comments, and I wrote to the author and to another lesbian friend who kept me from spiraling off into paranoid insanity.

I didn't change overnight, and I haven't fully changed. A large part of me still wants me to believe that homosexuality is horrible and that I wish there was a "cure" for it. I know I never want to be (male) homosexual myself. I was so badly burned by a girlfriend deserting me (for a man) that I never want to fall in love again, unless it's with that girlfriend. That will never happen; we will never speak to each other again. There is no hope, and thus I can't relate to people leaving their loved ones for someone else. But at least I know that to hate somebody because of the way Nature made them is totally unnatural and totally wrong.

payenbrantpayenbrantover 8 years ago
So many different thoughts....

Cheating is cheating. ..however, for the husband to do what he did in the beginning with his wife....

He has no one to blame but himself for doing what he did. So it is good he moved on, though he did it much more roughly than was necessary. Hey, that's life! =-)

Such an interesting romance at the end though, I like choices. For as the saying goes,"Many times there is no right/wrong choice. Sometimes you just make a decision and deal with the consequences."

So...good job Ripley. While not my particular brand of tea, it was at the very least a very satisfying story.

You get a 5 from me and a promise to read more of your work. You should see my comments crop up from time to time.

Sincerely,

Payenbrant

GreatOak123GreatOak123about 8 years ago
The best...

This is simply the best story series on this website.

jenorma2012jenorma2012about 8 years ago
ok

I bypassed about half the parts, and read the ending, it still did not make sense to me but I am glad there is no more to this, I though it was a stupid serious to start with

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
You are all missing the point!

Bridget was gay from the beginning. She didn't choose that "lifestyle", she was born that way. When her mother forced her to abandon her first lover, she forced her into years of trying to fit in with what she thought was expected of her. If it hadn't been for her totally warped husband, she would have wasted her life being what her mother wanted her to be, never finding the love and happiness she could have had.

Janice1939Janice1939about 8 years ago
Love Life and hapiness

Love Life and happiness, few of us find it. This story had all the nuances in it to make it feel real what ever the comments were. It reminded me of a couple we were friends with and went through a similar open marriage with fantasies acted upon which did not work out happily ending with a suicide and a less happy couple than should have been. Time heals all pain eventually.

Janice

GothicwifeGothicwifeabout 8 years ago
Just beautiful

It's funny what some people consider doing to satisfy their own fantasies. As Sian said Don was an idiot but most men in that predicament prolly would made the same decision that Don did

Your right Bridget hid who she really was cuz of her mother n it took Don's stupid fantasy to bring Bridget out in the open who she was. I was ad to see Sian not fight a little harder for Bridget cuz I think then Bridget would have realized who she was n prolly let Don go sooner cuz it was Sian that made her truly happy.

But thank you Ripley for the best story I read do far cuz love isn't sex but sex is part of love so making love is the most important part of a good relationship.

Dawn

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Wow

I knew what the ending was going to be due to the title, but I had to read the entire thing. The husband I don't think was warped, but gods, he was pushy. I kept hoping he would "get it", but he never did.

It's a crazy love story, but I think everyone needs to remember that Bridget wouldn't have come out without the pushy prodding of her husband. Not that it was right, but it bled her to Sian.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Winner

This has to be one of the best stories that you have written. 5 đŸ’„'s

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great job

I finished your story. I have not found a more engaging character on this website in years. Your story reads like an enjoyable novel Thank you.

Ella35Ella35over 5 years ago
Best!

This story just makes my heart happy!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Dang it!

Well, crap. You finished this story. Now I’m spoiled.

Where the hell shall I find as well written a story, well told.

Thanks, Ripley.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Disappointed

The authors goal here was to make a civil rights story on the gay rights to marriage. I am a huge supporter of gay rights and frequently protest for them.

But unfortunately the characters and story get lost in order to make this political point. I disliked how the final chapter has them getting married after the turmoil of chapter 11. Would have been better if Bridget kicked both Don and Siam to the curb and truly discovered herself and who she is. I blame Siam just as much as Don. She knew what she was getting into.

Anyway congratulations to the author for a great story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Bitches are always bitches.

Its Don's mistake to get married with a lesbian girl. And Bridget's mother who hide her sexuality. An LGBT biased story. I hate this story. If wife character is straight girl falling for leabian, then it would be a thrilling story.

rakeshknrrakeshknrabout 3 years ago

Disgusting climax. An LGBT biased story. If the story ends in a threesome, that would be a great story. Even if the wife character is straight, shy and conservative girl fall for a strong Lesbian then it would be a thrilling story.

My rating 1.5 out 5⭐

ThorlolThorlolalmost 3 years ago

Good story but there are some thing I really didnt like. Bridget always said she would be honest but right from chapter 1 she wasnt. Their marriage was obviously was stagnant but she didnt do much herself to make it better. There was no real communication and honesty. Lets not talk about Don, his character was a total caricature. Thats the other problem. Bridget always said she loved him but the words felt empty. Her actions and thoughts proved that there was no love lost. I mean, when they had sex it was more out of pity on her part. How could they be so long in a relationsship without that becoming a problem?

Themaster20021Themaster20021over 2 years ago

Congratulations on your magnum opus!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

An amazing work. It had a clever, unique setup for exploring sexuality and the jealousy and pain arising from a love triangle. Commenters here who assail this character or that are, to my mind, missing the point. (Plus Terry and you kept typos and grammatical errors at bay.

Thank you, Ripley.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I so loved this story.

apollo_XIapollo_XIover 2 years ago

Truly beautiful!

I have read quite a few romances on this site, both lesbian and straight, and this one is by far the best I have read. Your detailing of Bridget's journey accepting herself was inspirational. Your characters were beautiful and real. Thank you for a truly wonderful romance.

artistkeithartistkeithabout 2 years ago

Lovely, even if Don had to be painted as clueless for the plot to work. Us men often seem to be out of touch with our partners. I know many men are even more inward-focused than Don.

For such a long work, there were surprisingly few errors in the text. Vastly superior to most long stories on this site. You and your editors did a great job job.

Thanks again for providing so much entertainment.

BelindaTvDKBelindaTvDKover 1 year ago

That was a tuff one, cost me a whole box of tissues..

But damn, I loved it, one of the best novels..

Thank you so much, for having written a story that good..

Best wishes for future writing

Belinda

Prairieboy3gWMPrairieboy3gWMover 1 year ago

I hate break-up stories! I loved the story, the style, the writing - all excellent! It was as much Don’s story as it was Bridget’s. I know Don was happy for his ex wife in the long-run but somewhere we lost Don in Bridget and Sian’s happiness. I gave it 4/5

TheCuckSlayerTheCuckSlayerabout 1 year ago

What Bridget did was no different from a typical ex-husband leaving his wife for a younger bitch.

Roti8211Chanai643Roti8211Chanai643about 1 year ago

A truly great story!

Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Wait. How is this any different than some guy deciding he wanted to upgrade by divorcing his wife to shack up with his young secretary who was obsessed with? Yes the sexuality angle? Regardless and despite her later protestations, she is bisexual and was married. She traded up sexually and ditched Don, the clueless husband.

LiberalMindsLiberalMinds6 months ago

Thanks for bringing Sian and Bridget back together. The’re an adorable couple. Knowing that they ultimately would be one couple, I was more able to join the steaming hot sex scenes. I really wish them well

LiberalMindsLiberalMinds6 months ago

About my recent comment, that came out wrong
. Of course I didn’t join, but the proper Word is enjoy. That’s my nordic auto correction. Sorry about that.

LiberalMindsLiberalMinds6 months ago

About anonymous 6 months ago
 comparing Bridget leaving Don and a man leaving a wife for some 10 year younger lover can hardly be said to be the same. Bridget has come out of the closet. The way B is described, she never had feelings for any man compared to that of Sian. To be honest, you need to read between the Lines. It wasn’t as if she ever really had the pleasure of sex AND love with Don as she had with Sian. I don’ for a second that B was bi. She is a lesbian. But I Grant you that she endured sex with Don, even enjoying it at some level. In that sense, Don really was a victim too
 He paid the price for B not being honest with herself. Again, the consequence of endless bigotry. B’s min was then also in a sense a victim. I feel sorry for her. Knowing that she took so many happy years from B comes at a cost.

I think age difference is an issue sometimes. But in the end it is about maturity and whether or not real love is involved. I read the story of Rachel and Isabel, and if I hadn’t know the feelings they had for each other, I probably would have condemned it. But they were equals. My experience, though, is that many men pursue younger women purely because of physical appearance. It’s not love. Their relationship isn’t balanced and that is an important difference.

So, then, anonymous, 6 months ago, I consider your command as rather bigotted.

StevendianahStevendianah6 months ago

Great story one of the best I have read on here sex parts where a little long but still great reading thanks to the author good job

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
user-Ripley-@-Ripley-
I enjoy writing my stories and being able to share them and hear back from people about how they like them (or don't) is an important part of why I am here at Literotica. I appreciate all the kind things that people have said about my stories over the years. Even the critical ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES