It Has to be Fate Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Melissa looked at Mica, "Honey, what is TACAN?"

"Girl, it is very similar to the civil Omni Range system presently being installed Stateside, and it gives you a bearing to or from the station like the Omni, plus the TACAN also gives the distance to the station." Micaiah looked back to Mike.

"The plane sounds good, do you have the time and the wheels to get us checked out so we can leave in the morning?"

"I sure do. We'll run down to flight equipment and get your lady fitted out with a helmet and oxygen mask, and then give her a cockpit and ejection seat checkout. I'm at your service, but you both need to go in uniform."

"Utilities OK?"

"Yes, that will be perfect."

Mica smiled at Melissa, "Can you be ready in 15 minutes Lieutenant Murphy?"

"I certainly can, Captain McDermott."

"OK girl, let's go."

The two Marines and the Naval Officer drove to the air base and entered a building near the flight-line. As they entered the Quonset Hut someone yelled "Attention on deck!" All the men inside jumped to attention.

The navy lieutenant yelled, "As you were!" He led Melissa and Mica to a separate room where a petty officer fitted Melissa with a helmet and oxygen mask. They hooked her up to a oxygen hose and she tested the mask. It was a good fit. They walked out on the flight line and went to the Navy TV-2 jet aircraft. Mica helped 'Lissa into the rear cockpit of the jet trainer. The two pilots showed her how to remove and replace the safety pins in the ejection seat. They showed her the different ways to fire the seat.

The girl was a very quick study and in an hour she was performing a blindfolded cockpit check-out. She was able to touch the necessary buttons and switches while blindfolded.

Mica helped a grinning Lady Marine Officer out of the cockpit and they proceeded to the operations office. The two pilots rapidly drew up a flight plan for the flight to Japan the next morning. When they were done they got a weather briefing and filed the flight plan. Mack would activate it in the morning. The weather was predicted to improve at Atsugi for several hours then get worse again.

That afternoon back at the Admiral's quarters, Mica told his mother and father how proud he was of Melissa. He told them she had not missed a single thing she was required to learn before she could legally fly in a military jet aircraft. 'Lissa smiled at him, "I had a wonderful teacher. When Mica talks, I have learned to listen, that's how I learn the things I need to know. Now I know by the expression on his face and the tone of his voice that he is serious, and that it is no time to be fooling around."

Betty McDermott looked at her son, "you are not getting bossy with this sweet little girl are you?"

Mica looked quickly at Melissa, "Gosh, I hope not, I didn't mean to intimidate her, I look at her as my life's partner, neither of us is subservient to the other, unless we are playing or joking around. And then I don't know who the boss is."

Melissa walked over and sat gently in his lap, "Mom, Mica doesn't intimidate me at all. I just know when he is trying to tell me something important and that I need to listen to him. That Navy pilot, Mike, read the instructions to me from the handbook and I wasn't exactly sure of what he meant. Mica told me in a couple of words how to do it and it was clear as a bell. He is a great teacher. He says he has some things he wants to teach me tonight." She winked at Betty and kissed Mica on the lips for a long time. She snuggled into his chest and his arms closed around her. She closed her eyes and murmured, "This is heaven."

Later that night after Mica's parents went to bed the two lovers walked hand in hand slowly down the hall to their rooms. Melissa paused and looked up at Mica, "Honey we need our rest tonight, can we just make love one time and then cuddle and sleep together?"

"I think we can do that, but see, you are already confirming my estimate of three or four times a week."

She giggled. "Not true big guy, five times last night and once tonight, is a average of three times a night."

"I think we need more data to arrive at a good estimate. I am willing to try to raise our average. How about twice tonight."

"OK. Come on Mica, let's get the average up." She pulled him into her room and locked the door.

Early the next morning the TV-2 'Shooting Star' jet trainer roared into the sky pushed by 5200 pounds of thrust by the J33 jet engine. The plane was a tiny bit sluggish because of the extra fuel tanks under the wings. They leveled off at 43,000 feet in a clear sky above the clouds. They could see no sign of the tropical depression reported to be ahead of them. Micaiah had explained everything he was doing during the takeoff and climb to cruising altitude , he reminded her that this plane had a hot intercom, she didn't have to press a button to talk. They could hear each other breathing.

Melissa was fascinated by the weather below them. The tops of the puffy clouds were far below them. They continued to chat as they flew, this aircraft had controls in the rear cockpit too. Mica let her fly the airplane. She flew straight and maintained their altitude. She loved it. He had told her that at 43,000 feet the jet was only a few knots of speed above stall speed when they were at cruise speed. All turns and other maneuvers had to be gentle and smooth or the plane would stall. After a while she said, "This is not as hard as I thought it would be. Show me some more."

"Well, there is not much more we can do. We have to maintain our assigned altitude and be on our route. The instructors back in basic flight training used to tell us that a monkey could be taught to fly the airplane, but it would not live long because they could not teach monkeys to think."

"My sweet lover, are you telling me you think I am a monkey?"

"No way, girl. But if you WERE a monkey I would buy you a whole lot of bananas."

"Ha! You think you could buy my love with bananas?"

"I don't know, but it seems like it wouldn't hurt to try it. But I do know one thing."

"What it that?"

"You would be the smartest, sweetest and most beautiful monkey in the jungle or zoo or where ever you were."

"Oh Mica! Do you really mean that?"

"I sure do. There is not a doubt in my mind about that. I do mean every word of it, but hang on a minute, I want you to give our position report for us. Let me get the radio tuned in." Mack dialed in the proper frequency and listened. In a moment he heard an JAL(Japan Air Lines)aircraft calling Kagoshima Radio requesting a change of altitude. Kagoshima Radio told the JAL flight to standby for the clearance. A minute later the JAL flight was cleared to descend to and maintain 8500 feet.

"OK Sweetie write this down. U.S. Navy Easy Tango 473 over Lima Foxtrot 3 at 0139 at flight level 430, estimating Lima Foxtrot 2 at 0152. Then request the weather at Atsugi Base. Have you got all that?"

Mack heard the transmitter click on and Mellissa's sweet lovely voice gave the position report perfectly as if she had done it for years. Mack grinned to himself.

Then he heard, "Navy Easy Tango 473, Kagoshima Radio, over."

"Kagoshima Radio, Navy Easy Tango 473, go ahead, over."

"Navy Easy Tango 473, Tokyo Center clears U.S. Navy Easy Tango 473 to descend and maintain flight level 410, cross Lima Foxtrot 2 at flight level 410." Melissa read back the clearance flawlessly.

Then she added, "Navy 473 leaving flight level 430 for flight level 410." She watched the throttle ease back a little as the nose of the aircraft dropped a hair. The altimeter slowly unwound until she felt the jet level at exactly forty one thousand feet and the throttle increased again. She keyed the radio mike, "Navy 473 level at flight level 410."

"Roger 473, Kagoshima Radio out."

Mica said, "Perfect radio work girl! I may let you fly the front seat on the way back."

"Oh my God, you wouldn't do that would you?"

"I don't know, I have never read the regulations on that. I know that if you were a civilian I couldn't do it, but you are a bona fide Marine officer. I'll look it up tonight. You will have no trouble flying the plane. Jets are easy, no torque to worry about. The only thing you have to look out for is the lag in the response to the throttle. You just have to stay ahead of the airplane and not get into situations where you require sudden power to save yourself. It ain't gonna be there for you if you need it fast."

"I understand, that's like getting on the back side of the power curve, right?"

"Exactly, you'll do just fine and I won't let you get in trouble."

They checked in at the next check point and were told they would be under the control of MACS 10 and were given a frequency for contact with the controller. Mellissa checked in and the controller stammered when he answered her. He had never heard a woman on the military radio before. The controller said, "NNNavy Easy MMike 473 turn right heading 030, squawk 2200, and ident. Thank you, Ma'am, I have you radar contact. Turn left heading 010 and resume navigation. I will coordinate with Tokyo Center for a vector direct to Atsugi for an Atsugi 230 Jet Penetration to a GCA approach to Atsugi. The weather is 3000 broken, visibility 3 miles in light smog, over." Melissa heard Mica on the intercom say, "Read it back and accept the clearance."

Melissa said, "MACS 10, this is Navy Easy Tango 473, requesting clearance as follows." And she read the clearance back perfectly.

There was a short pause and a new voice came on the radio, "Easy Tango 473, is Captain McDermott aboard? Over."

Melissa heard Mica say, "That is the Squadron Commander, he is a good guy, kid with him a little if you want to."

" Roger MACS 10. This is Easy Tango 473, Captain McDermott is aboard, would you like me to awaken him? Over."

"Easy Tango 473 this is MACS 10, what is your capacity aboard that aircraft? Over."

"MACS 10, Easy Tango 473, my capacity on the ground is about three Martinis, in the air it is zero, Sir. My official capacity is co-pilot, navigator, flight attendant, aircraft librarian, and fiancée to the pilot in command. Over."

"Easy Tango 473, thank you Ma'am, when the good Captain wakes up please tell him that he is the only man I know who could come out of that rotten jungle with a co-pilot that sounds like you do. I am looking forward to meeting you. Happy Landings, MACS 10 out."

Mack explained that a Jet Penetration was a maneuver that permitted jet combat type aircraft to make a very rapid descent from a high altitude to an instrument approach to an airfield in bad weather. Mica said that as soon as they were clear of the weather and had the field in sight they would cancel the clearance and proceed under visual conditions to the field for landing.

A few minutes later they taxied to the Air Wing tie down area. They were met by a Marine Corps Plymouth Sedan. The driver helped them unload their gear and put it in the trunk of the car. They were told he had instructions to take them to the Wing Commander's Office. General Gossett wanted to see them ASAP. They looked at each other. Mellissa said, "I hope I didn't get us in trouble."

Mica nodded, "Me too!" When they we escorted to the General's office a large burly Major General greeted them. "Hi! Mica! How are ya kid?"

"I am just great, Uncle Ted, may I introduce my beautiful fiancée Lieutenant Melissa Murphy."

"Mica I have met this beautiful girl before several times, even at my advanced age I don't forget girls this lovely." He kissed Melissa on the cheek. "Now, Mica, my driver will take you to the BOQ where you will change into your #1 khakis, pack your dress uniform and whatever else you need and meet me at the 'O' Club in half an hour. Miss Murphy will have one of her Lady Marines drive her to her Quarters and she will change into her #1 khakis, pack her dress and whatever she needs, and meet us at the 'O' Club in half an hour. Got it? Then get!"

They both responded, "Aye Aye, Sir." and hurried off.

They met at the Officer's Club a half an hour later and walked together into the bar. They were greeted by a resounding cheer by most of the officers of Melissa's unit and the few officers from Micaiah's who were still in Japan, plus many officers from the various units stationed there. Major General Ted Gossett gave a short speech congratulating them on their forthcoming wedding. He presented them with all the required documents from their commanding officers permitting them to marry. He added that the documents carried his personal endorsement. After a quick lunch they were hurried back to the trusty TV-2 which had been freshly serviced and was ready to go. They carried a letter from the Commanding General of the 1st Marine Air Wing authorizing the flight as a training flight for Lt. Murphy.

Mica helped 'Lissa into the front cockpit and gave her a slow deliberate cockpit check out. She passed a blind-fold test and he helped her strap in. He climbed in the rear seat. He talked her through the engine start procedure and had her call the tower for their clearance to Taiwan. He copied the clearance with her. She read it back without error and they were cleared to taxi and were told to expect a rolling take off meaning there would be no delay when they reached the end of the runway. Mack read her the take off check list as they taxied. As they approached the end of the runway they were cleared for an immediate take off.

Mica had Melissa shove the throttle forward and the Shooting Star accelerated down the runway. When the airspeed reached 95 knots he said, "lift the nose gear off the deck and let her fly off." They were soon airborne and he saw the gear lever snap up. She started a climbing turn to head out on course. The tower switched them to the MACS 10 channel and she announced their time off and altitude.

They were identified, then cleared on course and they climbed out to 41,000 feet. Mack had her do a few slow rolls as they climbed at the lower altitudes. She enjoyed that very much. The rest of the flight was fun for her and was over all too fast. He coached her through the military break at Cha Shan Air Base and talked her through the landing. The aircraft bounced a bit on the landing. He didn't comment on that. When they had their feet on the ground he hugged and kissed her. "Sweetie, that was fantastic for a first jet flight. No one could do better." She looked up at him and a tear ran from one eye.

"I plumbered the landing though. I hated that, I was trying so hard to please you."

"Hey sweet girl, I have made lots worse landings than that before. We walked away without a scratch on anything. I have had high time Marine pilots transitioning from Prop planes to Jets that did much worse than you did. Much worse!

We had a Major in my old squadron who had a terrible time in a single seat jet at first. We thought we were going to have to shoot him down to get him on the ground."

"Really?"

"Yeah, really. Listen Hon, all you did was to land like you always do by flaring out just before touchdown, in this type aircraft you set up your landing attitude and approach airspeed and fly it on to the runway. You can flare just a hair and get a softer landing, a little too much flare and you bounce. That was not a really BAD landing. It could have been a little smoother is all."

"It just makes me mad because my one and only jet landing wasn't good."

"Oh! I can practically guarantee that you will get another try at it."

"Well, I didn't want to embarrass you with a bad landing."

"Hey girl, this plane has big letters on the side that say 'NAVY', no one will notice, they always land like that."

"Micaiah McDermott! That is not nice."

"You are right, but it is true, that was like a carrier landing."

Navy Lieutenant Mike Thompson walked up to them as they stood by the silent jet, "Ma'am, where you flying the plane? That was a great landing."

Mellissa smiled and said, "Yes I was, thank you." She looked at Mica who was struggling to keep a straight face. He turned and pretended to cough. When the Naval officer turned and walked towards the waiting car Mica took her arm, he whispered in her ear, "See, it was a great Navy landing." Then he was serious, "Don't get me wrong, any rated Naval Aviator has my respect and admiration. As a group, I believe we are easily the best in the world by the very nature of what we do. Landing any aircraft on any ship takes a high level of skill way above a normal pilot. Doing it in weather, and at night, takes extraordinary flying skills."

She looked up at Mack, "I think he is cute," She saw his head jerk around, "but I love you, and you are way cuter than anyone else." She grinned.

He smiled down at her, "I guess I better get used to being teased by you, it seems you just won't quit."

"Yes, I'll probably always tease you a little, but never in a hurtful way, I just need to keep you on your toes, but I never want to really hurt you and it will always be done gently, with love and a smile."

The driver had their things loaded from the plane to the car and then they rode back to the quarters. Mack's mother greeted Mellissa like a long lost daughter, she said 'Hi' to Mica and rushed off with Melissa to look at the wedding dress. He heard squeals from his mother and then they were both laughing and giggling together. They came out where he was waiting.

"Oh! Mica! Wait until you see your lovely bride tomorrow, you are going to be so happy with her. You should be, she is smart too. The dress she had made is gorgeous, it would cost thousands in the States, but it cost her hundreds. I am going to steal her away from you this afternoon for a while to take her to some shops where they have great lingerie at very reasonable prices."

His Mother grinned at him, "You will love it when you see it. She is going to look just yummy."

"Mom, I have never seen her when she didn't look yummy."

Mrs. McDermott turned to Melissa, "They had a little white lace and appliqué corselet with a built in pushup bra, it has detachable garters straps and will be sensational on you girl." She leaned over and whispered in the girls ear, "He will drool all over himself, Honey."

Melissa said, "Mica, you look a little pensive, like you are lost in thought. Are you having second thoughts about tomorrow?"

"Yeah! I am having second and third thoughts. My second thought is that I cannot believe that this wonderful and beautiful girl of my dreams is going to marry me. Third I can't believe how lucky I am to have found her."

She walked to Mica and took his hands in hers. "Mica, luck had nothing to do with it. We were born to be together. It is fate, and I for one am as happy as I can be about it."

"So am I Sweetheart." He let go of her small hands and pulled her close to him, his head bent and his warm lips pressed firmly against hers. Her arms slipped up and around his neck. She moaned softly, her lips opened wide for him and their tongues played together. Her hands went behind his head and held it firmly in place. Mica's hands moved down below her waist and pressed her pelvis tightly against his. She could feel his erection pressing against her tummy.

Mica's mom cleared her throat. "I hate to interrupt you guys, but 'Lissa and I have to get going so we can be back for cocktails before dinner. Mica your father will be home soon, he said he wants to talk to you, so wait for him. We will see you later." Melissa gave Micaiah a sweet kiss and the ladies hurried off. He was amazed by how much Melissa and his mother were alike, they were like mother and daughter or like sisters.

It was hard to believe the two women had only known each other for a couple of days. Then Mack laughed as he realized that he had only known 'Lissa for a few hours more than that, it seemed as if he had known her all of his life.