All Comments on 'It’ll Never Happen Ch. 03'

by BlueBran

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

This story is such an odd pastiche. The characters and their interactions are all obviously something from about forty years ago, but it throws in little oblique contemporary references (the Internet! volume control on the steering wheel!) to try to make it sound more recent. It’s a good story and well written, but might work better just as a period piece, especially since it’s more of a character study and not really plot driven.

Grimm1267Grimm1267over 4 years ago
Great Story!

I've been waiting for the latest chapter of your story to be posted. It reminds me a lot of my youth, so I not only get to read a really good story, but take a bit of a trip down memory lane too. Hopefully, I will see the next chapter soon....*hint hint*. Thanks for your efforts!

IaOldTimerIaOldTimerover 4 years ago
Editor?

"James... three... opened the door". Love your work, but errors like this completely ruin the flow of the story.

BlueBranBlueBranover 4 years agoAuthor
History

I hope whoever posted the comment about this story being set in the past can see this

I’m 19. This is a story based off my life, not to a T, as it’s been made up to be more entertaining, but this is all recent. There are people who live like I grew up. With wood burners and old trucks. I got the 89 in 2016 when I turned 16. I’ve always loved to restore old trucks. So yes, there are elements that may seem like they’re in the past, but I can assure you, it’s all recent

lee5456lee5456over 4 years ago
A truly great story

This story was perfect.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Wow

You’re sittin there...you’re 19...writing this whole fricking thing... on this whole fricking literotica site...where (from what I’ve seen) the main demographic is over 45...yet you STILL got the powers to overcome school, life and whatnot to continue this story. Like I am actually amazed! You’re a GEN Z! LIKE ME!! THATS WEIRD!!! Keep writin tho

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

One picky thing-isn’t it February when they get together last chapter, and now it’s January of what otherwise feels like the same winter?

Great job on the dialogue and feelings—your “show don’t tell” game is strong.

arrowglassarrowglassabout 4 years ago
A really good read!!!!!!

Thanks!

AnnaValley11AnnaValley11about 4 years ago

It's a superb first story, well done, looking forward seeing how you develop it further.

Ravey19Ravey19almost 4 years ago
Still Good

And enjoying it

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Good reading

I haven't made it all the way through your chapters yet, but I like what I read so far. Ally and James are good together, and have a developing love story. During the stripping scene in this chapter, once she had gone so far as to strip off his shirt and pants, why not give James a bit of sexy hair for that hardened, muscular chest? He seems a mature young man made more masculine and muscular from his work on the farm. I just think a bit of sexy chest hair spread across the top of his chest, maybe showing a bit at the collar of his shirt, would be a very sexy sight!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Love this story so Fucking cute. You said you were a soldier so I do need to say America Salutes you and thank you for your service.

DeLord12804DeLord12804almost 2 years ago

I'm digging the slow build and slow burn vibe. Getting a good story going is much like driving a diesel truck, once it's up to temp, sit back and enjoy the ride.

You asked for comments from people who have experienced THE BRIDGE, I was six when our family road trip took us across THE BRIDGE in 1959. That was also the first time I'd ever seen large ships underway.

Crossing THE bridge driving a semi is a totally different experience. The railings on the sides of the bridge disappear in the blindspot on the side of the rig, all you can see are the cables and the water, and the lanes feel VERY narrow, so no time to sightsee while 'threading the needle' to stay in the lane.

MdinmsMdinms5 months ago

Love the story, but I always open the door and look down through the grate. Nothing like a convoy headed up to be short time Yoopers!!

6King6King4 months ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ I love Mackinaw Island. Road apples and great fudge!

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy3 months ago

Another great chapter!

5

goatman96goatman96about 1 month ago

As for the Mackinac Bridge I dreed driving over it ----- those grates really get to me and I feel very uncomfortable going over the grates - and no, I don't roll down the window and look down through the gates. I am not scared of heights but there is something about going over a high bridge that gets to me. I am a combat veteran so don't call me chicken. Also, about the bridge my memory tells me that you pay toll before getting on the bridge, not after going over it like you have in the story. My criticism is that you made a big deal out of saying you had an editor but I detected more problems with spelling-typos-and using the wrong work than in your previous stories. Plus there were some sentences that were just plain grammatically bad. Great story though. You should have gone into a lot more detail about the time they apparently were going to have sex. Still you got a 5 from me. Writing is generally good except for some word choices, spelling and bad sentence structure. I would encourage you to tone down the contractions which seem to be overused in places. It is very easy to use a word or in this case a contraction more times than one should. And the amount of action that takes place in winter is making me shiver. I used to love winter and skied a lot and snowshoed a lot and enjoyed being outside doing photography but in my old age I have come to detest winter - my body does not tolerate cold like it used to --- I really get cold reading about stuff taking place in winter and after finishing a story I look out the window expecting to see snow. And I did not used to be a snow wimp having lived in Vermont, Montana, Colorado and Oregon. All in all good story line and good characters and fun to read.

Coochielover71Coochielover7129 days ago

Really enjoyable.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBlueBran@BlueBran
May 1st update: The next standalone story in the Old Wounds universe is mostly finished, just doing some editing and adding another scene or two in the middle. It is also being beta read at the moment as well. The final chapter of It’ll Never Happen has been formulated in my m...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories