It Needed Doin' - Lamarr WIlson

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Shawna appreciated that such steps were being taken.

Mr. Porter then advised Shawna to not reveal the nature of her new working relationship to Lamarr.

Shawna had asked the basic question of 'why,' and was surprised when Mr. Porter had answered in a forthright way.

"I'm afraid Mr. Wilson is of limited use to us, by his own choices and nature." Mr. Porter had explained, as they had a pleasant lunch. "He can handle his position, distributing our product at a street level in this area, very well. He can even handle more, we feel, but we see that as a matter of competency, not ambition. Mr. Wilson is certainly adroit with the problems he faces, and normally handles them without our organization stepping in."

"Stating that, once we became aware of you..." Mr. Porter had told her. "... our investigations showed your aptitude and how it would fit the organizations needs. In that, we feel Mr. Wilson had underestimated you, and failed to utilize you in a competent manner. Mr. Wilson looks at nothing beyond his immediate needs... we see you capable of benefiting the organization in a wider manner."

"In fact," Mr. Porter had gone on. "We feel you should take some precautions about Mr. Wilson. I have some suggestions..."

Shawna got to work.

Lamarr wasn't aware of anything.

Shawna got new computers and software. She got a couple of assistants, and her duties at Amerifoods were expanded, but she discovered with her new position, she actually had more time to do things.

Then Mr. Porter arranged for Shawna to come into possession of certain pieces of information, about certain people in Amerifoods, that were to be used if she had problems with those people. Shawna had, to date, never had to use that information.

With time, Shawna had taken certain precautions about Lamarr. Most were suggested by Mr. Porter, who was her only contact in the organization, but she came up with several precautions of her own.

The kind of precautions that if Shawna was ever discovered, it would look like Lamarr was responsible. For everything. This included some clever video. She never told Mr. Porter about those.

Lamarr became Shawna's 'fall guy.' Of course, she never let Lamarr know, which added another level of excitement to their relationship for her.

Shawna was excellent at her job, and always conscious of exposure, knowing secrecy and compartmentalization were her best options, she never neglected safety precautions. She was pleased that at one time, Mr. Porter had asked Shawna's aid in a transportation problem, and after receiving all the pertinent details, Shawna's advice had been to not continue that specific shipment already en route, but to abandon it... her advice was followed.

A shipment was lost, but nobody connected was associated with the seizure. Secrecy was protected. Shawna had worried about that.

While it was a shame to lose the product, Mr. Porter was well pleased, as personnel losses and future inconveniences had been avoided. It wasn't an ideal situation he'd explained, but it could have gone in a much worse direction, if Shawna's advice hadn't been followed.

Shawna had been grateful that she was respected in such a way.

Shawna was shown ways to hide her money, and ways to put it to work that did benefit her, but not directly.

On top of that, Shawna had taken measures against the organization, in case things didn't work out.

In all of that, she never neglected her son Damar Lord Freeman.

That's not to say she was pleased with her situation.

It hadn't taken long for Shawna to see how her son was being influenced by Lamarr. She and Lamarr had talked about that several times over the years, and while the occasional effort was made by Lamarr to address DL's behavior, and Shawna's expectations, things were moving in a direction she didn't approve of.

DL had started using 'ghetto' language early. At first, it had been amusing, but now DL was using it as a habit. Shawna felt doing so changed how people viewed her son, that such views limited him, and as time went, she felt things were getting worse.

Behavior followed language.

DL was showing subtle disrespect earlier than she'd thought to expect it, and now that he'd just become a teenager, the disrespect was open. When DL's behavior was called out, he would look to Lamarr for support, not his mother.

That didn't sit well with Shawna at all.

As time passed, she saw DL turning into a smaller, younger version of her 'boyfriend' and housemate, Lamarr.

Shawna felt it was time for Lamarr to move on. She had no feelings for him anymore, and hadn't for some time. He didn't have feelings for her, and she knew that because she knew Lamarr had several 'side-bitches' that he regularly saw. He made efforts to keep that from Shawna, but she had discovered it.

Shawna hadn't felt any guilt when she'd had a number of quiet sexual flings with men who she'd let pick her up at a software training camp, a seminar, an out-of-town meeting... she followed her opportunities. In fact, 'cheating' on Lamarr had momentarily brough back the thrill to their relationship. Lamarr, not knowing why Shawna had sexually ravaged him now and then, had been rather happy with the situation. If he'd known, he would have felt differently.

Thrill aside, Lamarr was becoming a detriment. Shawna loved her son, and wanted the best for him. In her opinion, Lamarr was very obviously a detriment. A detriment she had living in her home, sharing food at her table, and being the primary example of manhood at hand.

When she thought about that, she felt pangs of regret at divorcing his father, Damar.

She'd thought about letting DL's father take him for more than the mandated every-other weekend, but at that point she discovered that Lamarr and DL's father had actually been childhood friends, who had with adulthood, become adversaries... not enemies, but certainly far from being friends.

Cops and crooks, she felt.

She couldn't open up to DL's father, because she'd have to explain the true situation to him, and Damar had amply proven himself to be very much a cop. One that could magically discern things from simple conversations. That had been the foundation of their divorce, and why the courts had given Shawna primary custody... he spent most of his time on the job.

Still, something had to change. Soon.

She was considering asking Mr. Porter for any advice and options he had. Lamarr had to be handled delicately, even now. He was Shawna's 'cover,' and still capable of lashing out.

Then two weeks ago, Lamarr's 'cool' had started to quickly evaporate.

Lamarr had let a number of things slide, in both his 'front' business and his life... things that were becoming exposed, and Lamarr was behaving like a spoiled child, blaming everyone but himself.

Every day, there seemed a new problem, and with it, Lamarr became more angry and vocal.

Today, Lamarr couldn't even pick up DL from school, and she knew the reason wasn't going to be something she would enjoy.

DL wasn't allowed on the bus anymore, due to incidents of fighting. He had to be picked up by a parent or a designated responsible party. Shawna suspected something had happened to cause Lamarr to fall off that list.

On top of that, she knew Lamarr at some point tonight, would start blaming all his recent issues on DL's father... 'that cop is puttin' heat on me!'

Lamarr wouldn't accept his problems stemmed from his simply neglecting aspects of his life, or scoffing at certain laws. Of course such things would come back to bite him.

The more personal danger was with DL.

These were lessons Shawna didn't want DL learning. She wanted him to learn to handle his issues, and not be limited by the thinking that others were 'keepin' him down as a black man!'

Shawna knew an end was coming.

DL loved Lamarr.

She couldn't see any way to avoid hurting her son in this situation.

++++++

Lamarr wasn't allowed to pick up DL because the school system had received a flag on him, from Child Services.

By law, the school wasn't allowed to release DL to Lamarr.

Shawna saw nothing but diminishing returns, as far as keeping Lamarr in her life meant. She kept that to herself.

++++++

One of Lamarr's street operations got lazy, and was picked up by the police.

The operation, a street-cart that sold fresh cookies near clubs at night, was a five-person operation, and all but two of the operators were picked up.

Those in the know would ask for a certain kind of cookie, prepared a certain way. The cookie would be made (sauces, toppings) and then handed over, in a specially marked wrapper.

Another operator, further down the block from the cart, would verify the wrapper, then 'panhandle' from the person with the wrapper for a certain amount of money. Once the money was 'donated,' the operator would smear a certain color on the wrapper, and hand the wrapper back to the purchaser.

Then the cookie-buyer would make their way to another section of town, meet another operator who would verify what was on the wrapper, then direct the buyer to a different location... a back alley would be a good place to 'take a leak,' or 'there's something someone saw over at the cans on 14th,' or something along those lines.

The cookie buyer would go to that location, and would find a package waiting for them.

A bit convoluted for the uninitiated, but simple enough.

Someone in the chain of first three operators made a mistake, and an apparently sharp officer noticed. People were followed, evidence was seized, people were arrested.

All three operators refused to confess to anything, claiming to not even know each other. Evidence was considered circumstantial.

Except a week after the operators release, they were observed meeting together at a local restaurant. With Lamarr.

Kiki Narvaez smiled when she was appraised of this.

++++++

"Fuck Damar," was the thought that Lamarr voiced out of nowhere, as he and Shawna were driving to dinner, with DL in the back of Shawna's car.

"Lamarr. Stop." Shawna said, staring at Lamarr as he drove. She gave a sideways nod, indicating DL in the back. Dl had his earbuds in, and was on his phone, but he looked up at the people in front after sensing something had changed.

Lamarr gave Shawna a unhappy side-eye, and grimaced.

++++++

Wilson Food Services received a second notice for employment records from the state.

Lamarr, when he found out, threw a fit on the accountant.

The accountant protested, saying she'd sent the information, in the correct format, just as the state wanted.

Lamarr yelled at her, and told her to 'fix this shit.'

Lamarr had another accountant, who wasn't associated with his 'front business,' but Lamarr was considering cutting some costs and using the same accountant for both businesses, if 'she can't fix this.'

Using two separate accountants was done on advice from Mr. Porter, as a safety measure, back when Lamarr needed help setting himself up.

++++++

"We're doing good." Agent Narvaez relayed one morning at a closed meeting with the division heads at the Public Safety building. "We've nabbed a few street-level dealers, and with anything like luck, some will blab. Then we can work up the chain."

++++++

"Can I get your license and insurance information please?" asked the officer, as he stood beside the driver side rear window of the car he'd pulled over.

"What do you fucking pigs want NOW?!" Lamarr screamed as he punched at his steering wheel.

The officer, surprised at this reaction, placed his hand on his holster, and while Lamarr was going off about being harassed, he called for backup ASAP.

"Sir, I pulled you over because your tags are expired. I need to see your license and insurance information."

"Naw, fuck that! Why you pullin' me over! Why you pullin' me over! Why you pullin' me over!..."

Obstruction, failure to identify, resisting arrest with violence (shoving, kicking, spitting at a Law Enforcement Officer (3 counts)), and more were added onto his traffic issues.

His silver Mercedes, with the vanity plate of 'H0M13' was towed and impounded. Lamarr's drivers license was suspended.

During processing, Lamarr demanded to see Damar Freeman, saying he was going to 'kick his faggoty ass for fuckin' wit me!"

Damar was ignorant of anything going on, he was a detective, he didn't work traffic. He wasn't even notified, hearing people yell threats was common during processing.

++++++

Two days later, Lamarr turned the corner into the bathroom at Shawna's condo, and there was DL, earbuds in, brushing his teeth.

On a whim, Lamarr reached out and yanked the right earbud out of the child's ear.

"Boy, what you been tellin' your Dad? You been talkin' to him about me?"

"What? I ain't no snitch!" DL protested, foam on his lips and waving his frothy toothbrush. "What would I tell him anyway?"

Lamarr knew that DL wasn't likely to know anything, Shawna had long ago established a rule about no 'business' was to be talked about or conducted around her son. Lamarr stuck to that rule.

But still, Lamarr was convinced that Damar was targeting him, and using his police contacts to make life tough for him. Lamarr thought it was likely DL was telling his father lies about him, when they had their weekends together.

"You tellin' him somethin'." Lamaarr accused, stepping into DL. They young boy stepped back, rather than be knocked over. "What're you sayin' to him?"

"Nothing!" DL protested, his volume rising. He was confused, he knew Lamarr had 'beef' with his Dad, but his Dad never said anything about Lamarr, or even asked questions about him.

"I ain't no snitch!" the boy protested. It was all he knew to say, while dealing with his confusion.

Lamarr reached out, and snatched DL's upper arm. He hauled the boy to him, and pulled the boy onto his tiptoes, while he leaned into his face.

"You need to tell me what you are saying to him." Lamarr's voice was low.

"I didn't say nothin'!" DL yelled. "Let me go!"

"Lamarr, let my son go." Shawna said, from the doorway. "Now."

Lamarr stood up, but didn't release DL. He turned to look at Shawna.

"He's gotta be talkin' to his dad. He's saying somethin' to make Damar mad." Lamarr told her. "I wannna know what."

"Let him go Lamarr." Shawna's eyes focused on her no-longer boyfriend. She made no hostile move, she didn't want her son hurt. Still, her tone was even, and brooked no nonsense.

"Mom!" DL yelled, rattled. He didn't understand why Lamarr was doing this. It was shaking his faith.

"I wanna know what he's been sayin'." Lamarr told Shawna, matching her tone and look.

"Lamarr." Shawna said, stepping into the bathroom and looking up at the taller man. "Let my son go."

"Or what?" Lamarr asked, his voiced laced with threat.

Shawna stepped back once, and raised her hand, which held her phone. It was active, and a timer was counting. The biggest characters on the screen said "911 Emergency."

Lamar looked from the screen, and then to Shawna. He saw nothing but resolve in her eyes.

"Shit..." Lamarr said as he didn't just let DL go, he half-shoved him as he did so.

"Leave." Shawna said, and stood aside, giving Lamarr room to get out of the bathroom.

"Baby, I'm just stressin' about all this shit! Maybe DL don't know anythin' but..."

"Leave."

"I live here!" Lamarr protested.

"Not anymore." Shawna informed him.

The two matched stares. After a few seconds, Lamarr glanced at Shawna's upraised phone again, knowing he was being recorded. He felt a moment of conflict... he'd never struck Shawna before, but... and the cops were going to be coming...

"Shit..." Lamarr said, and marched out of the bathroom and down the hall to grab some clothes.

DL started to move to the doorway of the bathroom, to see what was going on, but Shawna stepped up, and held out a hand to stop him, keeping him in the bathroom. Her eyes were focused on Lamarr's retreating form.

From the bedroom, the sound of a door being slammed, and drawers being treated violently could be heard, along with a number of angry words.

Lamarr appeared in short order, now wearing a shirt and shoes. He was carrying a large nylon bag with a shoulder strap, that obviously had something in it. He stepped up to Shawna, and stopped, looking down at her.

He then looked over to DL.

"I'm sorry, little man." Lamarr said, his eyes downcast. "I shouldn'ta done that."

Then he looked back at Shawna. "I'll call you tomorrow."

"I'll bring the rest of your things to Wilson Foods." Shawna informed him.

"Baby..."

Shawna moved her phone to show Lamarr the screen again.

"Goodbye Lamarr."

DL couldn't believe what he was seeing. He didn't want Lamarr to go, despite what had happened. Besides, he apologized, right?

Shawna could see a hostile thought cross Lamarr's face, but she stayed unflinching.

Lamarr stepped around Shawna after a tense moment, and went down the hallway. He was muttering angrily under his breath the whole time. He went around a corner, and a moment later, the sound of the door slamming could be heard.

Shawna motioned for DL to stay where he was, and then went down the hallway to verify that Lamarr had indeed left.

Once she saw he was not there, she locked the door, and wedged a nearby chair up under the doorknob, after throwing the two deadbolts and the floorbolt.

Then she put her phone to her ear.

"Hello? Operator? He just left..."

++++++

Lamarr was on his phone as he stalked down the stairs.

"Yo, Smiley?" Lamarr said, after hearing a 'Hello?' from his phone. "I need a pickup at my place. My woman went crazy, man... yeah, I had to leave, or I was gonna hurt her, man..."

Lamarr listened for a moment.

"Naw, man. She just blew up on me. I dunno what she's doin'. My car's still impounded, an' I need a ride. Get over here. Yo, you got a couch?..."

++++++

The next afternoon, Lamarr was served with a restraining order at work.

He wasn't allowed within 500 feet of Shawna, Shawna's work at Amerifoods, or her condo.

"Fuck!..." was all he had to say.

He was pretty rough with his #2 'side-bitch' that evening.

++++++

Shawna pulled a burner phone out of the sales box, inserted the chip the way she had been shown, and texted a code to a specific number. Hopefully, Mr. Porter would respond soon.

Then she withdrew the chip, stashed it behind the piece of trim on the floor where she kept it, and put the phone back into the metal box.

Tomorrow, she would arrange to have the box thrown into the dumpster behind the Italian restaurant on 12th street. That one didn't have cameras on it, and never would, she'd been told.

She'd pick up a new burner phone at the convenience store, next to the supermarket she used, paying for it with cash. The convenience store also never had functioning cameras, between specified hours, she was told.

Now she just had to wait. She didn't know what else Mr. Porter did with his time, but normally, he would respond in person within three days. Never by phone or any electronic communication.

Mr. Porter would need to know about her 'letting go' of Lamarr as a housemate and sexual interest. She would still protect Lamarr's 'additions,' through Amerifoods, but she wouldn't be at his disposal anymore. Lamarr was just another customer now.

Her arrangement with Mr. Porter and the organization was much more valuable to her, and they liked business. Including Lamarr's business. Therefore, they would now be operating on a solely professional basis. She wasn't willing to let Lamarr back into her life. Not after what he'd done with DL.

It was better to let Mr. Porter deal with this.

She'd inform Mr. Porter about the restraining order, and her feelings and motivations in regards to Lamarr.

Then her thoughts turned to the Fine Man she'd been flirting with for the past six weeks, who worked at the insurance processing office she had to deal with for Amerifoods.