It Needed Doin' - Lamarr WIlson

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You mean interrogator."

"No, I do not." Chief said. "He interviews. You DEA and CIA people do interrogations. His success rate is extremely high. He teaches at Quantico twice a year. He can get information out of anyone."

Chief let that sink in for a moment.

"You are so indebted to him, you may never get clear."

Narvaez looked back at the man, who was giving her a level, hooded gaze.

"I owe nothing to anyone." Narvaez stated. "I'm doing my duty."

"Your duty triggered Wilson into kidnapping his son." Chief informed her, some heat in his voice. "I'd say you owe him quite a bit."

Narvaez shifted in her seat to look back at the Chief. He met her look with one of his own. He wasn't kidding.

Then she turned again to look back at Damar. He looked back, his hands still in his pockets, leaning against the wall. He hadn't moved.

"I told you at the beginning of this that you do NOT abuse my people." Chief said as he leaned across his desk and fixed his eyes on Narvaez, and his Command Tone was back. Kiki turned to face him, and again flashed back to Paris Island. "You have done exactly what I told you not to do. You WILL make this right."

Narvaez kept her face neutral, as she had been taught to do.

"You will work with Detective Freeman," Chief said, sitting back slightly, and slipping down to a more normal tone of voice. "You will rescue his son. You will bring in Wilson and Coomer. Am I clear?"

Kiki actually narrowed her eyes at the Chief.

"If you have a problem with that Marine, I will absolutely open 'office hours' on you personally, and you will only see light outside of my jail when God takes pity on you." said the Chief as he stood, determined to squash any disobedience in the woman who had dared trespass against him and his job so heinously.

Narvaez suddenly had an idea of what kind of man was staring her down.

"We're clear," Narvaez acknowledged, unable to keep a hint of necessary contempt out of her voice. She sounded like a petulant child.

Chief kept his eyes locked on Narvaez, looking like he was hoping for an excuse. Narvaez didn't give him one.

"Detective Freeman..." Chief said, not taking his eyes off of Narvaez. "...You know what to do. Introduce yourself. Then get to work. Use my office, I'm going to go prepare a press conference."

He kept his eyes on Narvaez a few seconds more, and Narvaez felt it deeply. She could feel the man and his intensity.

"I will," said Damar. "Thank you."

Narvaez was slightly startled, the Detective's voice sounded exactly like an actor she liked.

"Agent." The chief said, standing, breaking his gaze, which Kiki felt relieved from. He then walked around his desk, looking nothing but calm and collected, opened his door, went through, and closed it with a quiet click.

++++++

"In case you are wondering..." Detective Freeman said, standing up fully, turning, and facing a picture on the wall. He made an offhand gesture to it, then looked back at Agent Narvaez.

Narvaez considered for a moment, then stood up, and walked over to look at the picture.

In the picture was the Chief, wearing Marine cammies. There was a web-belt, but no equipment, and the picture was taken inside a chow hall, as there were people in the background with food, also wearing MCCUU's.

The Chief was smiling at the person taking the picture, and he was standing with a man with three stars for his rank insignia. She recognized the man with three stars, and he had his left arm thrown over the Chief's shoulders as he also smiled.

Narvaez leaned in, looking for what rank the Chief was wearing.... And she found it.

In the picture, it was a pin with a single long red stripe, on a white background. In real life, the background would be silver.

Narvaez stood back up, and contemplated what she was seeing.

"He doesn't do that to everyone, but when he does, it's important." Damar said, as he studied the picture. "He will also back up what he says. Every time. You should consider that, before you call your superior."

Narvaez looked up at the black man, amazed at his voice. He sounded just like an actor she liked.

Damar turned to look at her, and said, without any expression on his face, "No relation."

Narvaez wondered how he knew what she was thinking.

"Go call your superior now. Then we'll talk," he said. "Be quick. This is my son's life you've endangered."

Narvaez blinked, then let her irritation come rolling back, turned, left the office without closing the door, and went to her car to make a phone call.

++++++

"Good morning, Agent Narvaez." Mallone said.

"Good morning... right." Narvaez responded, noting that Mallone's tone was unhappy. She didn't care much.

"I take it things have gone in a direction you don't care for there." Mallone observed. "I can say the same here."

"What's going on?"

"It seems your Chief Hagen can pull strings." Mallone confessed. "He's gotten everyone's favorite 'kooky-uncle' of a congressman, Nielsen, asking ridiculous questions about what we're doing at the DEA. That's not normally a problem, except he's on certain budget committees. And he's very good at drawing attention to whatever he's looking at. He amuses people, somehow."

"Are you aware of the situation here?" asked Narvaez.

"Not yet." Mallone admitted. "Tell me."

"The locals are upset." Kiki started with. "Apparently the bad-guy death-toll is up to three, there's still a couple of cops who are injured, I guess the block that housed the drug operation burned down, and the kid of one of the Chief's detectives was apparently kidnapped by Lamarr Wilson."

"Yes?"

"The Chief wants me to bring them Wilson." Narvaez said.

"No." Mallone said. "He's ours. This is a DEA operation. We have the paperwork to back it up."

"I just met with the Chief and the mayor... and sort of Nielsen... they say that the paperwork is being overturned by three federal judges." Narvaez relayed.

"Really?" Mallone paused. "Hmm..."

Kiki kept quiet.

"I can't see them bluffing about such a thing." Mallone said.

"I can tell you now, Chief Hagen does not bluff." Narvaez said.

"What makes you say that?"

"Trust me."

"What about this kidnapping? You said one of Hagen's cops kids was taken?"

"Yeah. One of his detectives. They think Wilson took the kid... I don't know the reasoning yet. But they're telling me that the detective can find Wilson. I need to say, I have no idea where Wilson is now. He's had hours."

"If they're running, then... crap, the Bureau will be getting involved."

"Exactly," confirmed Narvaez.

"What does Hagen want?"

"He wants Wilson and an accomplice." Narvaez answered. "I think they need them to feed to the lobos."

"I don't dare step in and send you resources..." Mallone said. "... not right now. But we need Wilson, for the same reasons Hagen does."

Kiki again kept quiet.

"...allright, I'll call Hagen, and talk. He seems to be a bit of a bigger deal than the usual."

"He is." Narvaez confirmed.

"What do you know?"

"Nothing official sir." Narvaez said, feeling a sense of anticipatory satisfaction in what was going to happen when Mallone dealt with the Chief. He should have known about Hagen.

"...you don't want to tell me. You called me 'sir," Mallone observed. "*sigh*"

Kiki had a slight smile.

"Alright, for now..." Mallone went on. "...speed is essential. We need to get this situation back to what we want. Work with them. You still have my backing, but I need to do some dancing for the audience. Make us look good. Saving a kid makes us look good."

"Okay," Narvaez said.

"...especially if we beat the Bureau on this."

Kiki was quiet again.

"Yes, this can work for us." Mallone went on. "Agent Narvaez, get to work."

++++++

"... but if I was to give specific advice, which I shouldn't in this case... I'd say get moving before the FBI comes to ask you questions, Detective." Chief was saying to Damar, several seconds before Agent Narvaez came around the corner and into his office again.

Both Damar and the Chief turned to look at the DEA agent.

"Alright." Narvaez said. "Where's Wilson?"

Damar smiled politely, while the Chief looked back to Damar and said "Good luck," after which he walked out, after nodding politely to Narvaez.

"Did your superior tell you what you needed?" asked Damar.

"I need to find your son and Wilson... and his accomplice." Narvaez confirmed. "I need you to tell me where they are."

"I'm afraid that's not how this is going to work, Agent Narvaez." Damar said, taking a seat on the corner of the desk casually. His tone was conversational.

Narvaez stepped up to the taller man, just inside intimidation range, challenging him with her eyes.

Damar just smiled benignly at her.

"Oh, don't worry, Agent." Damar consoled. "You'll find out, when we get there."

"You aren't coming. This is jurisdictional, if he's left the area." Narvaez said.

"And yet, you can change that, as long as I'm with you." Damar said, still sounding friendly.

"No," Narvaez protested. "We aren't doing that."

"I'm afraid we are." Damar sounded consolatory.

"No, we aren't. You tell me where Wilson is, or I arrest you for obstruction." Narvaez asserted. She couldn't believe the nerve of these locals, even if this man was the father. "All I need is a location, and I'd like to know why Wilson would kidnap your son."

"I'll tell you when we're there." Damar politely informed her.

"I'm not fuckin' around, detective. I understand your need to save your son, but this isn't happening." Narvaez said, stepping in even closer. "I will get that information, or I will arrest you. If you are impeding a federal investigation, then you should know..."

Still smiling benignly while nodding, Damar waved off what she was saying, signaling he knew.

Then he held his hands out, wrists close together, in a classic 'cuff-me' gesture.

"Then arrest me."

Narvaez stared at the detective, while he looked like he was patiently waiting.

"...Mierda."

Damar nodded, signifying he understood. Kiki just got a little angrier for it.

"If we've established that, I suggest you go back to your hotel, and pack clothes for a few days." Damar said, sounding like he understood her feelings. "We have to travel. By the time you get back, I'll have made arrangements. I'm already packed."

Narvaez had to process this for a couple of seconds. Then she had to tell herself to calm down for a couple more.

Then she turned and with the determination to not let this man see how much he had rattled her, she walked out of the office.

Damar sat there, hands clasped in his semi-standing lap, as he analyzed everything he had just learned about Agent Karen Narvaez. He was going to have his hands full, he thought.

"Well?" asked the Chief as he stood in his own doorway.

"She's gone to pack." Damar said. "I need to arrange a plane trip."

AFTERWORD

I was a bit torn about which category to put this one. Loving Wives, since this is an extended Divorce Aftermath story for Damar, DL and Shawna, or in the Non-Erotic category.

I like the feedback in Loving Wives, I think there's more discerning readers, and writers, there. Better communicators, than what I see in other categories. "I spanked to this!" is not what I'm looking for. Sometimes I get feedback along the lines of "This wasn't erotic!" or "I couldn't get off to this!", and that's fair. Accepted.

There's more coming. I've got more of this story. It's scripted out. I've got the ending. No, this wasn't the ending. Don't worry, I'm not turning it into a buddy-travel story.

Yes, there's holes in this one. I know it. Don't worry, I'm working on it.

I hope some of you caught my homage. It's a little on-the-nose, but I couldn't resist.

I'm happy to be writing Damar Freeman again. I'd had another story lined up for him, but when I got the barrage of comments after IND: Corso, and I looked at what I'd left myself, this seemed right.

I'll be getting to Theo Miller soon.

Kiki Narvaez is going to be in your face.

Yes, you'll find out what happened to Jean Mattolo. Wow, some people really want to know what happened there.

The Chief, I'm setting up for later use. He's based on Real People, and some of you may recognize his type. I gave clues.

Who would guess I'd be on Literotica, writing crime drama? Not my usual fare, but I'm really enjoying it. I'm drawing on personal experiences and people I've known and do know, so it's both easier and harder than I thought. Keeping this to a short-story format has been a tooth-gnasher.

Be well!