All Comments on 'It was a Surprise'

by Just Plain Bob

Sort by:
  • 62 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Well THAT was unexpected

Not really a loving wives story since they never marry until the very end. More of a romance story, which from JPB is a REAL surprise. It would have been nice had you set the time frame for the story earlier on. Blowing off his foot was an ugly solution to their problem. And last, but not least, I really didn't need a history lesson about the Korean war. But I suspect this story may have had some true parts to it. Not one of your better stories, but I'm always glad to read something new by you. And I noticed you posted two stories today but the second one will have to wait until tomorrow. CHEERS!

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Bob!

JPB wrote this? I loved it. Not a cheating wife or Asshole in sight. Great story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I didn't catch on...

...that the story took place in the 50's until halfway through. Very good story though. My dad flew dc 3's (c 47's) in Korea. 5 stars. Thanx!

Loklie

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
The Electric Slide didn't come out until 1976

It would have been a surprise for that song to be played 26 years before it was recorded.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Yawn

You’re on quite a boring roll. Wrong category.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 4 years ago
Wow boring and wrong cat.

its a good story JPB, but it doesn't have a slutty enough wife for the cuckolds

Jetcrash747Jetcrash747over 4 years ago
JPB you confused us, on purpose I bet.

This was an excellent story, started out looking for cheating wives but found three single women doing boot scooting in a 1950 bar with a dance floor. JPB you only missed with two dances out of three. A two step was around but, The Slide and Tush Push, which burst onto dance floors in the mid 70’s, was a little early by twenty five years. Overall a true romance without cheating wives or plundering fools of the male verity seeking a quick night with no follow through. A most enjoyable story from the 1950s with music from the 1970s.

5 *****stars Jetcrash747

funksofunksoover 4 years ago
What the heck is wrong with Bob?

I didn’t know he could write a happy ending. Great stories.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago
Very Nice

But I agree. I know Randi said these could be in any category, but the overall theme was historical romance, and this was certainly a romance.

Also, the problem with using historical details is getting then right, and the Electric Slide and Tush Push are both from the 70's.

That's one reason I went light on those details!

The Style GuyThe Style Guyover 4 years ago
Thanks JPB

Your romantic side is also appreciated.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Boring

Is this boring story one of JPB? Doesn't sound like him. Where is the master of the short with an unexpected ending story. It has been rated PG-13. Boring Bob, just boring.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Yeah....

Now we know. JPB is a romantic at heart. I assume it’s because everyone was pure and honorable that there was no Pauline French!

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 4 years ago
Short, sweet and realistic

5*, of course,.

rnebularrnebularover 4 years ago
Spent some time at K-2, many years later of course

Short and sweet, nice work. More of a romance than LW tale, but it was a nice flash. Also, thanks for the trip down memory lane. I was deployed to K-2 several times over my 5 years with 1st SFG(A). Happy Monday!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Nice story

I’m not sure it is in the right category, but it was a nice period piece. I’m a bit surprised that you wrote this Bob. It doesn’t have the same flavor of your other stuff. The abrupt ending was a little disappointing but it didn’t hurt the story. Was there more to it originally?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Good one!

Nice to see someone who knows their equipment and can write a good story!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A_BierceA_Bierceover 4 years ago
Don't listen to the naysayers

You done good for the event. Not enough is written about the Korean War (oops, I should have said Korean Conflict), and a romance from you is always a welcome surprise. I'll bet Pauline liked it, almost as much as I did.

tennesseeredtennesseeredover 4 years ago
The wankers aren't happy

But here's the thing. JPB can write.

johnadpjohnadpover 4 years ago
"But We Vacationed So Well Together"

Years ago, a good friend of mine's wife asked him for a divorce. She said she wasn't happy for years, etc, etc. He told me, "but we vacationed so well together." Who doesn't get along on vacations? If you can't get along then...

My cynical side remembered his comment at the end of this story, and I thought of an alternate ending. They finally were married and lived together, and for the first time saw the personality qualities they detested in the other person. Six months after they reunited they had a bitter divorce.

All the times they knew each other before they were finally able to be together were vacations, with someone trying to keep them apart. Not unlike teenagers who are told my their parents they can't date anymore. It just becomes sweeter.

Having said that I'd give them a 50-50 shot. Yes, the same as the average marriage.

KalimaxosKalimaxosover 4 years ago
No cheating? No cucksville?

I'm shocked. An actual loving wife? Well, she cheats in the sequel right?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Brought back memories to me too.

I wasn’t there for that awful war, but I spent a year in Taegu during the Vietnam war. Nice story. I realize that my connection probably affects my 5 star rating, but I’ve rarely read one of your stories that I didn’t like, including this one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I loved it.

I am always entertained by JPB stories and this is no exception. There is nothing wrong with having a nice story on here..

SkyKing7SkyKing7over 4 years ago
Who says it’s boring?

This is a cool story. I can’t believe the readers that were bored with it. I suppose there are plenty of 2 star stories that might tickle their particular kink. I rate this a solid 5 - people I enjoy reading about doing things I could imagine doing myself, written by an experienced hand. It even included a JPB bonus; an actual ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
A very good one

Fünf Sterne

DogFuzzDogFuzzover 4 years ago
Yep!

I liked the story. Just wished it had been a bit longer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Not Your Normal

This was not typical JPB but a good and interesting story, similar to two others that I know for real.

Glad you are back.

T.T.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
More romance than anything

This category is dedicated to wives having sex with other men, so while not a bad story, clearly it's in the wrong section.

northstanderrhinonorthstanderrhinoover 4 years ago
Good! ......But

Nice slow build up then a seemingly rushed ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
So this was set in 1950?

Quoting Wikipedia, "...The Electric Slide) is a four wall line dance set to Marcia Griffiths and Bunny Wailer's song "Electric Boogie"...Choreographer, pianist and Broadway performer Richard L. "Ric" Silver created the dance in 1976...".

So, I doubt anyone would have been doing the Electric Slide in 1950. Probably not the "Tush Push", either. Okay story, though, other than that gaffe.

C_frommnC_frommnover 4 years ago
Liked the Story

But was waiting for the Cheating and break up. Good Story.

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110over 4 years ago
A perfect example of why JPB is my favorite Literotica author

He is very versatile. So many authors tell the same story repeatedly with minor plot changes. Bob tells all kinds of stories of differing types. He tells them from different points of view. Some favor wives, some favor husbands, but all are entertaining. Great work Bob! Please keep entertaining us.

ChuckEPooChuckEPooover 4 years ago
Sweet

Thanks for an uplifting story.

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyover 4 years ago
Different JPB storyline, same quality

JPB is always a go to for me to read. Always quality writing and mostly good stories. I don’t recall seeing a military related storyline from JPB. This was really well done storyline and the usual quality writing.

Please do keep writing and I will keep reading.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
You did not research your story very well.

A DC-3 does did not require movable airstairs. As with many smaller commercial aircraft, the DC-3, like the Convair 240/340/440 and the Martin 2-0-2/4-0-4, had the airstairs built into the door itself.

If you get facts like this wrong--how many other stories have you screwed up because of your inability to get facts straight?

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionover 4 years ago
Really sweet story

Hopefully times have changed and there is no longer that social divide.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 4 years ago
Nice.

Not a typical JPB story,

but I liked it.

4 out of 5 from me.

FreewheelFreewheelover 4 years ago
Good read

But Bob, not one of your usuals!

odogwuodogwuover 4 years ago
Re- It was a Surprise.

Very interesting and lovely story. I really enjoyed it. Keep it up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Decent

Decent story for a change.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago

@Anonymous 12/4/19 Re: "You did not research your story very well."

"A DC-3 does did not require movable airstairs."

From Wikipedia: "Some models of the Douglas DC-3 were also retrofitted with airstairs." So SOME DC-3s had built-in stairs added later, but specifying movable stairs isn't wrong.

patilliepatillieover 4 years ago
JPB, that was awedome

great insight into your world. You write from the heart, which is why it is so well received. hank you for sharing your gift

penneydog55penneydog55over 4 years ago
Wowee

Fantastic Story! Thanks! 5 Stars ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ WOOF!

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 4 years ago

Well, it is nice, but it is NOT LW!

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyabout 4 years ago
5*

Just for Being Plain Bob

QuintiusQuintiusalmost 4 years ago
Great story

Probably should have been put into Romance instead of LW but who cares? Just a really sweet love story about two people who were meant for one another. Nicely done.

JLRemora2JLRemora2almost 4 years ago
Good story

You're a hell of a story teller, bud. I have yet to read all of your stories, this was a pleasant surprise. Some of your stories are not my cup of tea, but no matter, your writing is usually well done. Please keep the tales coming.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Nice little read for a romance

Nice little romance, good ole Uncle Sam I am guessing was the villain in this story. My only question is, I thought the break out of Pusan was in Sept 1950, in march the war had almost stabilized around the 38 par. I could be wrong, it still was a nice lil romance.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I've read pretty much all your stories - many two or three times. I'm with NV DICEGUY, I know before reading your stories that it will be a 5* but enjoy the read anyway! There are other very good authors but I feel you and a couple other great earlier writers drew a fanbase to Literotica that encouraged those who followed. Three cheers to Lit as well!

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 3 years ago
Well...

Nice tale. With a happy ending. Definitely not real life but a great read.

Five Stars

amygdalaamygdalaalmost 3 years ago

I don’t think the electric slide was around the 1950’s at the start of the Korean War, more like early 1970’s.

dark2donut2dark2donut2almost 3 years ago

Nice romance but in the wrong category.

Falcon_W40SVFalcon_W40SVover 2 years ago

JPB, I do believe that I have read almost every one of your stories on the 2 sites I have found you. A fantastic number of stories. You have pissed me off a few times before I got my head out of my ass and realized that you are writing fiction, and what goes through an artists mind is mind boggling. You sir are an artist of the word. I especially like your military stories, probably because as a Vet I have seen many of the instances that you bring up that have happened in real life. We lost a number of crew due to a group of swingers at an offshore base in the sixties. In one instant a dependent wife was on the front lawn at night riding a service member in reverse horseback, when the SP caught them she cried rape. She out weighed him by a 100lbs at least and she was on top. In another instance our sister ship had just gotten underway for a Westpac 6 month cruise, when a crew mate just transferred to our ship, in uniform with the badge of his previous ship still on his shoulder, walks into the the EM club and a large group of wives from our sister ship were already sitting with other guys, when they saw him they freaked out and asked what happened and he said the ship had a breakdown and just returned to port about 1 hour before. It cleared out the EM club immediately. So don't be surprised at what an author writes, many times facts are stranger than fiction.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Nice story, just in the wrong category

WillowghbyWillowghbyover 2 years ago
A Rare Treat!

That is one helluva lot of story to fit into one Lit page.

Nice story, well written, and complimentary to vets - what's not to like?

Keep 'em comin'.

miket0422miket0422over 1 year ago

Holy crap. A JPB story that doesn't involve a cheating wife? Who knew such a thing existed.

Since he ended up at a MASH it's too bad his doctor couldn't have been Hawkeye or Trapper John.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Pretty good story. I never have been, but I’ll bet it would really suck to get shot in the foot. Of course not as much as getting shot in the head. Anyway, good story, JPB, thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I'm surprised no one pointed out that this couple finally got off on the "right foot"

Calico75Calico754 months ago

Probably should have been in the Romance category, but I am glad it is not since I rarely read stories in that category and really enjoyed this one. Well done!

a_reader_from_germanya_reader_from_germany12 days ago

Nice little romantic story. As soon as I came to the part where Auggie is treated in a MASH unit in Korea I took a moment to reminisce Hawkeye Pierce, Trapper John, Frank Burns, Hot Lips, Father Mulcahy, Henry, Radar, Klinger and all the others. Guess I'll watch a couple of my old DVD's soon. Thanks JPB for sharing!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJust Plain Bob@Just Plain Bob
Just a Dirty Old Man (of course I have been one since I was thirteen)who likes to write about the things that I've seen and been exposed to in my life. There is a little bit of me in almost all of my stories and in some of them there is quite a lot. I leave it to the reader ...