All Comments on 'It Was Always There'

by demon160

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Nice to stumble upon a story set in the Hunter! Small world!

Robyn1859Robyn1859over 3 years ago
Love it!

So much fun! Even better when I live on the edge of those vineyards (I can walk to 5 of them easily) and taught at a couple of the local high schools so really understand about people who never move on!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Excellent

There's no way you don't know you have genuine writing/story-telling skills. Unlike many submissions here, the story is realistic and the characters described so well that you actually care what's going to happen to them next. In fact the sex is almost anti-climatic... good job!

pepepilotpepepilotover 3 years ago

I loved the story, and others have said, it is so believable. The other comment that I have is that I love that there was sex in the story, but it wasn't the rub it in your face, graphic BS that so many writers feel that they need to use. Well done and I can't wait for the next story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

That was sublime. It really was. I take my favorites seriously. This is going there. I felt bad for Georgia in the beginning when she realized John was dating Amber. What woman hasn't been in that position? Anyway, there is one part of the story that stood out. I need to use that for two people who need a swift kick in the ass. The way you worded this was excellent.

'I have been looking all this time for the perfect guy,

when all along what I wanted was a guy who is perfect for me. John is perfect for me.'

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Very well done. In addition to the relationship being believable with a good buildup and some tension along the way, the one who appears to be a caricature turns out to not be as bad as one wants to believe in the end and the other who tries to turn things to her own advantage realizes her mistake and does something honorable (although that probably had to do with keeping from being fired, too).

I did have one really nit-picky point that didn't detract from the story or from the score, but which I'll throw out for future consideration. When they sold the company, "John effectively retired from architecture." While it may be different in Australia, in the U.S. when a hot-shot leader of an small-to-midsize architectural or engineering firm sells to another firm, the new owners usually require the hot-shot to remain on staff for some contracted number of years to take advantage of his or her renown and to help transition the firm into the new fold. This also allows long-term/repeat clients to get used to their new project managers before the hot-shot retires. Like I said, FYI only.

Looking forward to checking out more of your work.

5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I hate to tell you this but if his architectural business only includes him and Nick it won’t sell for much since they didn’t go with the business. Designs are one off for each customer. A bunch of old designs are not worth much to future customers. Customers want new designs according to their tastes.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago
Loved the story 5 stars

The only disappointment was waiting 2 years to marry after the babies. That was definately NOT right!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Your romance stories are excellent.....there is always some drama in the end, like an accident or Georgia in this case. Georgia the bitch got off very easy

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous