It was Just a Little Thing

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It was on day one of the last four days run to end the six weeks of nights when they came into the firehouse to break the bad news to me. They had even brought with them one of the best divorce lawyers in our town. I knew right away there was more to my situation than just the wife fooling around. Having picked a lawyer for me meant the team felt that we had to make a move real fast.

Emma and Ronald Foster were lovers. The affair had been going on for over six months. It was reaching the breaking point. They believed it was time for me to make some bold moves. Emma was waiting until the end of the school year before filing for divorce which was just two months away.

On the nights I was working they were either at my house after Evie was in bed, or Emma took our daughter to her sisters so she could get her to babysit. Emma after spending the night with Ronald in his house would pick Evie up to bring her home before I got off. Then they would get ready for the day as they normally would.

The reason the lawyer was there was because of what was being done behind my back. Emma with Doctor Ronald Foster's help was planning to use the grounds of mental cruelty against me. They wanted to be able to prove that I was an unfit father and a danger to the wellbeing of my daughter.

Emma believed with her profession; the false charges, backed by a recorded medical history that they were creating would be enough for her to be awarded by the court sole custody of our daughter. She wanted me to have limited contact with Evie by supervised visits only. Her ultimate goal was to get me and my parents so angry with everything going on that we would decide to just walk out of their lives for good. As I sat listening to them, I had to wonder what I had ever done to my soon to be ex for her to be this dirty and vengeful.

The sixty-page report had dates, photographs that were quite explosive and explicit of the two in the act of making love. Quite a few notarized statements that claimed the relationship had been going on for at least six months. It even had transcripts of conversations of the two as they formed their plans together on how they would destroy me. Our Ace in the hole appeared to be a very graphic picture of our six-year-old daughter standing at the foot of our master bed watching the two of them making out. With both of them lying naked on top of the bedsheets completely oblivious to the fact that Evie was there.

I decided to have her served after my last night shift later this week.

We would also lay a complaint with the state medical board against Doctor Ronald Foster and have it received by them the same day. We would include proof that during this time according to our billing records that he was still acting as our family doctor. We raised the question that since they had talked as a couple about setting me up. Could he be falsifying my wife and my medical records to support my soon to be ex's claims of mental cruelty?

It was also stated and proven with an image that he was making love to my wife in front of my six-year-old daughter. Doctor Ronald Foster a respected man had violated his own medical ethics and by falsifying medical records broken the law.

A copy of the divorce petition would be given to our local child services with an explanation that I was taking my daughter out of town to allow them to investigate my wife and me without my inference. A letter would explain we were doing this as a preventive measure. Suggested crimes against children by family members were taken as very serious by the state's child services. All three would contain a copy of the eight by ten photograph of my daughter watching them.

I was to take three weeks' holidays starting as soon as this week working shifts ended. They suggested I take my daughter out of town. The time off had already been approved. One of the firemen on our team was one of the department heads. In front of them, I called my parents who were retired and suggested we use my dad's RV and head out on a three-week vacation on the day I finished my last shift. I said I needed them to do it and I would pay the costs. They agreed but wanted to know why we had to do it in a rush. I told them I would explain when we got on the way.

My newly hired lawyer was blown away in shock when I suggested I sign over my parental rights to my parents until the divorce was done. He said that under the circumstances that's a brilliant move. If Emma has already filed a complaint with child services, it will show your ultimate concern is the needs of your child. Until we could clear my name it showed to all concerned even the legal authorities that I was protecting and putting the needs of my daughter first. I will prepare the paperwork he said but be sure to have it witnessed by a notary within twenty-four hours of us serving your wife.

I had just finished my last evening shift and had gone home in time to see my wife off to work. As normal she gave me her customary kiss on the cheek as she went out the door. Once she pulled out of the driveway, I made a quick phone call. Evie and I started packing our clothes for the surprise trip. One of the sheriff department representatives at my request would inform the school principal what was going on and why I had to pull our six-year-old daughter out of school. At eight o'clock that morning my parents pulled up. We loaded and packed our stuff inside of the RV before heading out by nine we were on the road.

Out of respect, I called Oliva to inform her what was going on. She told me that when the two of them had been in the nursing home since she had talked to Emma everything had been kept strictly professional. The rumors had started to die off. I explained that I now had the proof that their affair had been going on for at least six months. As a result, I would be having her served while she was at work today. Oliva said she would witness it and let me know how it went. I then joined my daughter in my parent's huge RV.

As we headed out of town, I handed my mother the legal envelope containing all the details. Asking her to read it all. My dad said ok whats going on.

"I recently learned that Emma was planning to divorce me at the end of the school year," I explained. "What mom is reading is what a bunch of us have found out and what we have been able to prove. Her lover is our family doctor and they were going to make it look really bad for me. If they hadn't been caught, they would have set things up so that I would never have been able to see Evie again by the time we got through the court system."

"So, we're getting out of town because it's going to be very explosive for a few people over the next few days." My dad said. "and its best that you and our granddaughter are not around."

"Let's put it this way Emma will be served while she is a work today. The state medical board gets an official complaint this morning about Doctor Ronald's relationship with a patient of his. That lady is my wife. I'm laying a charge of possible ethics violations. It will include a very damming picture. Child services are getting their own notification of everything that's going on. Along with what moms reading."

"He's going to lose his license to practice for at least a year or more if he is found guilty. His conduct will have put every doctor in his group under a deep investigation if your claim is found true." Dad said.

"OH My God!" Mom said "They allowed my granddaughter to witness them doing it. I'll kill the bitch myself."

"That doctor can kiss his ass goodbye. He's lost his license for good. The partnership he's part of will have every government agency going through it with a fine comb." My dad said. "They are a pair of idiots who have hung themselves. Emma will be lucky to get supervised visits."

"Damen Leigh you and Evie will be moving in with us when we return." Mom said. "If Emma comes to my door when your father and you are not home, I'll be answering the door with a loaded double barrow shotgun. There will be no more school bus I will drive Evie to school and pick her up every day."

God, I loved my mom. She loved her only granddaughter more than anything. My mother protected her family big time. Growing up she had taken many down she thought were out to do her family harm.

Dad drove until we needed to fill up. That meant the gas gage was down to half. I used my credit card to refill and then took over the driving. It gave my father a chance to read everything for himself. He could not believe how detailed everything was. I ended up having to explain about the group we had formed within the city services. I said this is the second divorce we had worked on to protect one of our own.

About three o'clock we pulled off in a trailer park for the night that mom had booked. These three weeks were designed by her to spoil her granddaughter rotten. After we parked and got hooked up to the electrical, I took Evie and went swimming in their pond.

We had just got back when my cellphone rang it was Oliva.

"Hi, Oliva." I said, "I hope your day went okay."

"Damen, we haven't had a day this exciting in months." Oliva responded "Thanks to you. This afternoon we received word that Doctor Ronald Foster has been temporarily suspended from practicing his profession until the state medical board completes their investigation."

"They moved that fast I'm impressed." I honestly said. "I figured he'd be called in for an interview at least first."

"They only suspend like that if there is a major complaint that has already provided partial prove," Oliva explained. "It also implies that they view the situation as very serious. It means it will be about three months before we hear an outcome."

"Well, I did send them all the information that I had included in my divorce petition," I explained

"At three pm your soon to be ex got served. Right at shift change. I had informed security to expect him and to contact me before allowing him in. When he arrived, I escorted him down to the section Emma was working in. The young man asked her are you Emma Leigh and when she said yes. He said congrats you've been served." Oliva said. "When she opened the legal envelope up, the first thing, we all saw was the image of Ronald and her making love with Evie watching. Oh no she screamed before fainting."

"Dam my lawyer let her see that first thing." I said with a laugh." Serves her right."

"Did the state get a copy of that picture?" Oliva asked.

"Most likely in the same manner if I know my lawyer." I honestly said.

"Then really the state had no choice. Doctor Ronald Foster was having an affair with a patient and had allowed the ladies minor child to watch." Oliva said. "I didn't believe you could do it. We now have an office pool on how long he will lose his license for."

"My dad figures he has lost it for good as far as our state is concerned," I said. "Emma and Ronald, we learned were creating a false medical history of me being mentally cruel to her and my daughter so she could win sole custody. If that can be proven, then criminal charges will most likely come into play."

"It's a mess but her problems are mounting since everyone now knows she allowed her daughter to see what she was doing with Ronald," Oliva said. "The rumor mill is now running rabbit here. I got some of the staff refusing to work with her. I'm working on redoing the schedule as we speak. They say they have lost all ability to trust her. When she regained her composure, I informed her that the state had informed us that Doctor Ronald Foster had been suspended by the medical board while they do their investigation. When she left at three-thirty, she was not a happy person."

"Wait till she finds out Evie and I are out of town." I said, "We left with my parents this morning under advice from my lawyer. My lawyer thought because of accusations being made about me by both Ronald and Emma that it would be best if I am not alone with my daughter at this time."

"Smart move because of her profession she has a lot of friends all over the place. To give herself the credibility she needs in her claims the stories may have already been planted." Oliva said. "Bottom line it's the detail in our reports that have saved our organization ass legally more than once."

We promised to keep in touch then said goodbye.

Mom and Dad looked at me in complete awe. It was as if they were realizing for the first time just what Emma and Doctor Foster were trying to do.

"Mom find out in your notebook the address of the closest notary for us tomorrow morning," I said.

"Why?" she asked.

"The lawyer has drawn up legal documents giving you both my parental rights until either the divorce is settled, or my name is cleared. We have to have them signed and notarized before three pm tomorrow" I said. "I won't let them take my daughter from us no matter what."

My mother with tears in her eye's said, "are you sure about this it seems a bit extreme?"

"Yes, Mom I am, Even the lawyer feels it is for the best. What we don't know is what is written in the false medical reports. As a result, until it is proved that I am not a danger to my own child for Evie's protection we are doing this." I explained

My mother started to cry

Emma Leigh arrived home to find her husband's car in the driveway. She shut off her car and prepared herself for the storm she was expecting. She walked up and rang the doorbell figuring he would answer it. He didn't come so she rang it again. Finally, she took her house key and unlocked the door.

As soon as she entered the house, she knew no one was home because her daughter had not run to greet her. Taking the legal envelope out of her huge bag she began reading it all the way through. It was clear whoever he had used they had caught it all. It was Ronald and her own transcribed words that laid out what their plan had been. He had struck first and hit hard. The problem was for them that none of the medical records that had been altered had been released, only because they had not reached that stage in their plans yet. Now they wouldn't be. Ronald couldn't get access to his files until the investigation was done. Ronald had still not heard the details of the complaint against him. He was just told that they were taking prevented measures because of the seriousness of the complaint.

Damen had proved the affair and their stupidity. No one with any morals or principles would accept the fact that a six-year-old had to witness them making love. Until now she had no idea that it had happened. Evie must have woken up and then gone right back to bed. Getting sole custody was now an impossibility. But joint with primary might still be. The key was getting to Damen and talking to him. Damen would always listen to the reason she thought.

She called him and his phone went to his answering service. She texted him and got no response. She called his parents to find that they were not answering their home phone. She called their cells and did not get put through to their answering service. That made it clear she had been blocked by them. She called her sister who answered.

"Hi, Emma! Damen was smart, all of the family was sent a copy of his petition for divorce," Evelin said. "Mom and Dad are furious. They read the whole thing and are totally disgusted by you and your lover's conduct."

"You went too far in our parent's eyes by trying to destroy Damen's reputation." Her sister said. "He called them this morning just after you left for work to let them know he was taking their granddaughter out of town with his parents. When they asked him why? He responded: 'your daughter and her lover' have left me no choice. You will receive a document that will explain why. Dad, Damen said I have been put into a legal situation by Emma where I am being forced to sign over my parental rights for Evie until I can clear my name. My mom and dad will be assuming that responsibility. Our Mom and Dad went into hysterics when they read the documents. Why in the hell would you try to destroy Deman's life?"

"Goddamit," Emma said. "Does that mean I will have to fight my in-laws for custody?"

"Looks like it," Evelin said. "Divorce court can't rule on what he doesn't have. I think he outsmarted you. I told you he was the kindest most giving man I knew until he was crossed. Then he would apply a scorched earth approach to everything. You know your Mother-in-law's reputation. That's one fight that's going to drag out for a long time."

"I expected a fight, but I didn't expect this," Emma stated. "I thought I was building myself a winning hand."

"We were all sent what you received as it says in a cover letter this is a certified copy of the petition for divorce. A certified copy of this was also sent to the state medical board," Evelin explained. "You and your lover Ronald were trying to destroy him so you could write his daughter Evie out of his life. If you were put in that situation what would you do?"

"Fuck!" Emma said. "he's going after my boyfriends' career and our future. Ronald if the board finds in Damen's favor may never be able to practice medicine in the state again."

"Bingo. Sis, I think you got it all figured out." Evelin said. "he's giving to you what you had planned to do to him and using your own scheming to prove it. But that's okay as you say Ronald's the best roll in the hay you ever had. As far as the family is concerned, and I have to agree with them you're on your own on this. None of us wants any part of it. We won't be part of your attempt to destroy your husband's life. Stay away from us all until this mess is sorted out."

Emma was stunned she was being completely outmaneuvered by her husband. Even her family wanted nothing to do with the mess she had created for herself. It had been a total shocked when she got served. Ronald and she had thought they had been so careful. She spent the rest of the night trying to figure out how she got caught.

Ronald Foster was just leaving the meeting he had with his partners. After a four hour heated discussion, they all had agreed to buy him out effective immediately. This was done to minimize the effect of the investigation on the limited partnership. Until they found out who had made the serious charges everyone was flying blind. Ronald Foster had made enough out of the deal that he could open his own office once things settled down.

Emma's cellphone began buzzing she had a text message. She swiped it to open it up. Damen had texted back. It read. Unable to talk too much rage. Any communication will be done in the presence of or through the lawyers. Emma started to cry because she knew she had lost the chance to persuade him to withdraw his complaint against their Doctor.

My parents and I had just left the notaries having completed the transfer of my parental rights to them. It had cost me an extra five dollars for them to scan a copy and send it to my lawyer. When I received an unexpected phone call from the family doctor's office. I answered it. The state was there and in the Court order that they had obtained had failed to include my name for the medical records. The nurse I was talking to had wanted my approval to release the records to them. I gave it and asked if they were getting my wife and my billing records. She said all the things related to your family.

My mother had planned our trip well every day she had something picked out for Evie entertainment. It brought back memories of those special times we had as kids. We parked early again. The humidity was not too bad, so I was outside with dad cooking us supper on the outdoor grill. Mom stuck her head out and said it Oliva on your cell. I went and took the cell from her hands.

"Hi, Oliva." I said, "I'm a bit surprised to hear from you so soon."

"Well it's been another exciting day here thanks to you," Oliva said with a bit of laughter in her voice. "Emma was interviewed by state officials this afternoon for about an hour. They used our on-staff notary to record, witness, and verify her statement."