It was Just a Little Thing

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I guess I must have said something right because Oliva's eyes got kind of watery, her one hour lunch became two and a half.

I would learn later that after I took Oliva back that the receptionist informed Emma how happy and in love, we both looked. Emma was about to find that there was trouble brewing in her paradise. The local CBS station broke the news at four o'clock in the early news. It came out how Doctor Ronald Foster and Emma Leigh had conspired to destroy me by falsifying medical records.

The Nursing Board put Emma on probation for one year later that same week. Oliva transferred Emma to graveyards as per policy. Emma and Ronald's relationship became rocky. It didn't help that she learned she was pregnant. Ronald began to look to see if he had other options. He quickly found out he had none and found work as an orderly at the Lutheran Home for veterans working the graveyard shift.

It was the last night shift of the four-day stretch when I came into the station to see the congratulation banner hung. They had called someone in to cover my shift. Oliva, her son, and her parents were there along with our captain. So, were my parents and my daughter. I had just gotten promoted. I learned it had been held up because of what I was going through. It meant no more swing shifts for me. I now had a junior management position. A five day eight hour workday with weekends off.

During the party I overheard Bill Jones telling the captain that if fate was kind, he would soon be my father in law.

It took about another two weeks before we got back in to see Judge McDonald. The terms of the settlement were approved, and my divorce was granted on the grounds of adultery.

Ronald Foster disappeared one night leaving Emma stranded, alone and pregnant.

It was Labor Day weekend when I took Oliva for a walk through one of the local state parks about an hour before dusk. I had just a little thing to do. It required me getting down on one knee. Of course, she said yes.

Our families had gotten together and planned a Monday afternoon barbeque party at Oliva's house, so I had just finished cooking those franks I liked. On the grill when Oliva's mother Odessa saw the engagement ring and ran into her arms. I was busy serving them out.

"When were you going to tell me?" Odessa asked her daughter.

"After we had finished eating," Oliva said with a big grin.

Bill saw his wife's eyes and said loudly to her, "What wrong?"

Everybody stopped because he had got all of our attention.

"Nothing Oliva and Damen got engaged their getting married," Odessa said.

We got married a week before Halloween. Emma is now allowed to see Evie when she is with her parents. No one knows that mom, dad and I legally got my parental rights back. Emma has to live with the fact that one of her bosses is now the wife of her ex-husband. She's not a happy person.