All Comments on 'It's Complicated Ch. 05'

by AspernEssling

Sort by:
  • 46 Comments
HaydenDLinderHaydenDLinder3 months ago

Loved it. 5 Stars, sir!

cliqueggecliquegge3 months ago

Good stuff mate 5

1thaiguy1thaiguy3 months ago

Would love to read how things went after and such but if this is the end then it is GREAT Can't wait for your next story

Comentarista82Comentarista823 months ago

I must say that I nearly thoroughly appreciate how you wrap this tale up, as one guy sharing two women still isn't something that I really go for.. but you don't exaggerate that too much, and you really show off Kim in terms of how valuable her mind is to helping resolve this in a way that benefits everyone. Mona of course is just thoroughly and completely hot- - as well as incredibly sweet and understanding. Chris definitely played his role well, and I thoroughly appreciated how you drew this tale not to be as heavy-handed as it could have been against Carol - - although of course she really deserved worse - - and I don't think anybody had any sympathy for Steve at all. However, that was the point of having Steve in the story. The main thing is that a lot of people would say this is something that belongs in the Loving Wives section, and therefore they want to burn the woman involved; however, it was equally the fault of both Steve and Carol. So I applaud how you basically punished them both to the degree they deserved it. That approach proves advantageous, since you won't have any rational person complaining that you went overboard on Carol and yet let Steve off lightly; they should appreciate the finesse it took to ride Steve harder for his stupidity, but especially just trying to force Carol to see the truth - - which she did at the end.

***

Now, there was a couple of weak points to the story, but that has to be credited to the anonymous lawyer that posted in an earlier chapter: in a state like California he couldn't hide his assets, which you did nicely account for by using the judge to voice that concern to Chris. He still got off from the fraudulent transfer issue, by way of selling his partnership by only $6 or something like that to Andrew.. but basically you handled everything you could handle in a reasonable fashion. Certainly not a perfect story, but certainly well handled in many respects- - especially as it dealt with rescuing Kim from the clutches of a brute.

***

While I'm never going to be the number one fan of anyone where it's not strictly a one-on-one male and female relationship.. I thank you for how you finessed this ending, to where at least it's probably going to be palatable to many more people. While it wasn't a perfect story, I can definitely respect you stretching your writing legs and getting into something different. At the same time I'm not going to lower any rating because of a personal preference of mine. Therefore, because of things like the story flow, how you took the time to document all of Steve's stupidity, how you appropriately punish Steve harder than some people would have liked to have seen you punished Carol.. I have to say that you really strove for good balance in this account. For those reasons this story is still earns a 5.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy3 months ago

Too bad Steve didn't get his tallywhacker and balls cut off at the end!

5

AmbivalenceAmbivalence3 months ago

It would have been nice to see *how* badly Steve got screwed.

Vandalism and destruction of property would just end up misdemeanors and likely they'd end up pleading down the assault charges.

Chris's forensic is likely to find the stuff Steve tries to do and that will go over very badly in the divorce.

We already know his lawyer was willing to do things he shouldn't (conflict of interest) until he was caught. He's going to have to hope that anything Steve is doing can't be traced to him too.

LwcbyLwcby3 months ago

I agree with Ambivalence.

I would have liked to see what happened to Steve in great.detail.

Thank you...

Now, More Chronicles and Varna Please!!!!

Thanks,

Lance. 😁👍

Richard1940Richard19403 months ago

Thoroughly enjoyed it. The bad guys got screwed and the good guys rode off into the sunset. aA perfectly moral tale! Thank you. 5*

FljimFljim3 months ago

I am amazed how deep some of the comments are that you get. Simply, I enjoy your work and I am grateful for what you offer free of charge. This story was lighter than most of your others but I found myself looking forward to the next episode just the same. Thank you.

des911des9113 months ago

Good story; good characters; good dialogue; good ending. And it didn't get too complicated.

Love it. Thank you

waifwaif3 months ago

I knew there was a reason I started following you as an author. I have yet to be disappointed. Excellent story. Well told. Believable characters. Realistic and interesting dialogue. Thank you.

Crusader235Crusader2353 months ago

Wonderful series, loved your cast of characters. Would love to see Steve send up in prison getting reamed by Bubba. Five stars, and thank you.

SweboSwebo3 months ago

Yay! Nicely done.

Freddog6601Freddog66013 months ago

Another excellent story from a talented writer. Well done!

Thank you

FrenchTomcatFrenchTomcat3 months ago

This ended up in a much sweeter way than I had feared :)

It's nice to see Chris regaining humanity and feelings, and the infamous high school jock/bully finally get his ass spanked.

The way you described that throuple was well balanced as noted by others (although I'm absolutely not against poly/bi). In the context of this story it made a lot of sense.

Thank you :)

inka2222inka22223 months ago

A perfectly balanced and pleasing ending to an overall amazing story. One of the best LWs I read in a while. Easy 10 stars for the whole story. All in all THANK YOU VERY MUCH to the author! I feel like it deserved a more thorough review, so here we go:

/

Let's start with criticisms: none major. Minor 2 are that (1) the ex wasn't punished almost at all. He could have and IMHO SHOULD have gotten her charged with the crime he had evidence for, after the divorce. His decision not to punish her in any way was mystifying and not really explained or even excused. Even absent that, the author could have karmically punished her in an epilogue or something, for her to experience the same pain, loss and betrayal she visited on MC. I usually dock stars for this, but the HEA and lack of assets won in the divorce offset this problem. (2) Definitely not enough punishment shown for Steve. Yes he would have trials, but the story concluded without epilogue detailing him being convicted. And no karmic punishment afterward. If there will be a later epilogue Chapter 6, consider this particular criticism canceled out.

/

Now, the positives, of which there were far more:

/

1. The MC is a Real Man. He's resourceful, hard-working, successful, confident and decisive. He has emotions and feels pain but doesn't either wallow in them or let them run his life or interfere in execution of what he decides. He's patient and passes the Marshmallow test. He's intelligent and wise. He has deep integrity, compassion and kindness. He has strength of character and wisdom. He's realistic and objective. He's protective by nature and helpful.

/

2. MC is not in ANY way a cuck, a wimp, or an idiotic Dumbledore with "second chances" like many of the pitiful female-pleasing LW MCs. He doesn't feel some dumb princess-fantasy need to "forgive" the criminals like his ex or be "friends" or such. Aside from unwillingness to punish the lying backstabbing skank beyond forcing his absence on her, he doesn't let his kindness and compassion affect his decisiveness to protect those who he feels deserve it or to deliver justice.

/

3. Heck the author even made him a dream lover and a chick magnet. Ironically, in most LE stories, that causes me to lower the rating and makes me enjoy the story less. I don't identify with perfect "10" male specimens. But the author here made him so otherwise-great, his Casanova superpowers feel more like a useful device to help drive the plot, rather than Marty-Stuing the character to the point of being boringly perfect.

/

4. "Happily Ever After" and masterful use of "Best revenge is living well" are well earned by all three protagonists, elegantly arranged, and pleasing. Not as great as could have been with a brief epilogue confirming the "ever" part, though.

/

5. MFF poly triad was both very neatly set up (I predicted it - and can even prove with comments on earlier parts!), and feels and looks very organic, even to someone who has practical experience with polyamorous dynamics and relationships. They can literally be used as example of "Here's what to do in a MFF triad"; and of the kind of people and relationships that have a chance of long term success as MFF realistically, not just in a fantasy LE story.

/

6. BDSM angles with Kim were also done as if the author has good familiarity with both the realism of BDSM - AND what do's and don'ts are; and they show nice nuances.

/

7. Great writing. The plot was interesting but not convoluted. All the events had their place and reason and importance. Characters and more importantly their personalities and even more importantly their relationships were showcased well, and their changes were meaningful, interesting and reasonable.

/

8. Humor. The topics covered were serious and sometimes sad. But the author still made me smile and laugh at places. Extra thanks for that.

/

9. I am not a lawyer and don't even play one on Internet, but the details of keeping the monetary award from the ex were very thoroughly nuanced, and SEEMED at least somewhat realistic, until a real California lawyer comments later and contradicts that at least :)

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Well done! Another amazing story. I loved every part of it.

amygdalaamygdala3 months ago

Steve caused so much harm yet we didn't get to see him reap the fill fruits of all his despicable actions.

GodultraGodultra3 months ago

Another 5 Star story.

Patiently awaiting the next one.

mithanialmithanial3 months ago

this last chapter was my favorite. I still stand that the MC was a flawed character from the outset but... are not we all?

Xzy89c1Xzy89c13 months ago

Great story. Enjoyed it.

CooperEssCooperEss3 months ago

Great story. Loved it

AardieAardie3 months ago

The end? You mean you’re not going to finish the story?

rbloch66rbloch663 months ago

I really enjoyed the series. The end was satisfying and felt complete.

bear1999bear19993 months ago

excellent and no longer complicate..5/5

Test56Test563 months ago

The story has a very good flow, easy to read and well articulated. Refreshing.

SexySenior56SexySenior563 months ago

Excellent series! Good plot, realistic character development, and just the right touch of humor. I’ll look forward to your next offering.

FapbertFapbertFapbertFapbert3 months ago

Enjoyed the emotional turbulence of the first few chapters. I personally don't like when a story gets bogged down with the details of divorce proceedings but I understand it's a BTB fantasy trope and a lot of people like it (As all the positive comments can attest.). The story lost me, however, with the use of giving his money away to avoid letting Carol have any in the settlement. You can't do that. It isn't legal anywhere. It wouldn't be a big deal but it's such an important part of the story that it all falls apart. A court would find what he gave away and then he'd likely have his wages garnished until she was payed whatever they ruled she was owed.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Wtf aspern... Come on you didn't really mean the end did you ...😌💔Hurts to see it end feels incomplete to me

But as always 5stars ,lovely story🔥

oldmanbill69oldmanbill693 months ago

Nice but missed Steve's real splat.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Glad you posted this under ‘Novel’ and not ‘Loving Wives’ . That classification never made sense to me when it was mostly bitter spouses trying to get even with cheating others. As with all your stories: well done!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Another excellent story. You are an amazing story teller. Thank you.

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Now3 months ago

Absolutely wonderful!

LegacybadLegacybad3 months ago

This is a great story with good writing and a solid ending. Id would ve liked to read a bit more about Carol's story after the split, and a bigger confrontation about everything Chris knew. 5 stars

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShit3 months ago

Thoroughly enjoyed this story. There simply aren’t many scenarios written, where the betrayed party gets revenge AND doesn’t allow the ex to take his money, all legally, without coercion or provocation.

Quiet100Quiet1003 months ago

The best compliment I can give is that this story was a real "page-turner!"

I was riveted from the start and I will even admit that I scrolled past some of the sex scenes to get to the story itself.

A 5-star rating was so easy to give.

P am in awe of your plot twists and turns, which kept me wondering how it would end.

hindsight2020hindsight20202 months ago

Rather a weak end for an otherwise interesting story.

MarkT63MarkT632 months ago

Great ending...

GreenTGreenTabout 2 months ago

Another great story!

WargamerWargamerabout 2 months ago

Wargamer here, you may remember me from my comments on your gamer story. You and l reminisced at large about our boardgaming past in the halcyon days of boardgaming. I think you still game as l do, even at 70.

I hope you are tuned in to forthcoming Rome Total War Boardgame, if not look it up.

I’ve ordered the whole kit and kaboodle, expensive but worth it. Look it up.

Just wanted to say l loved your tale, lt’sComplicated, what a fantastic story. I just loved it, gave it 5/5 without hesitation.

Please feel free to write again in Loving Wives, and Group Sex you tell an engrossing story.

Please feel free to drop me a line,

I’m Australian living in Brisbane.

harmless_harmless_about 2 months ago

Fantastic story, I'm gonna need to read other writings of yours too

consulting91consulting91about 1 month ago

Great ending. I love how you tied everything together. I would have loved to learn what happened to Steve and Carol in their future once everything died down.

Fantastic series!

pjpbpjpb9 days ago

5/5 overall

I read first chapter right when it was published and disliked it - it felt like a bundle of cliches, the impression got only stronger when I skimmed chapter 2 when it got published and realized the story has not yet been concluded. We'll, that is the beauty of reading the full story- it is much better than just a sum of pieces and allows reader to evaluate better how they contribute to the full story. In this case 5/5 for str story and each chapter (my initial misgivings forgotten)

Only one piece of the story missing: why?. It is clear at some stage Carol was simply at the deep end, too far and too delusional to realize she was dead meat. However, there must have been a first step somewhere that initiated the loving couple to travesty transformation

oldgraycatoldgraycat8 days ago

What a fantastic story, so different from others on this site. This is one of my top 10.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAspernEssling@AspernEssling
Still writing. More to come. For those who are interested: you may have noticed that I mention music fairly often. That's because I tend to listen to music while I write, so that certain artists/albums become associated with certain stories. Here are some of the connections. G...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories