It's Just Magic Pt. 11-12

Story Info
Lori explores her powers, Matt uses magic in poker.
9.6k words
4.77
3.8k
5

Part 8 of the 9 part series

Updated 12/10/2023
Created 11/30/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This is a work of fiction; any resemblance to real people, living or dead, or to actual events is purely coincidental. All characters involved in any sexual activity are over the age of 18. Medical references are fictional and contrived to enhance the story. It is obviously fantasy, please suspend reality when reading this. I hope you enjoy this story. Constructive criticism is always welcome.

This is a reformatting of It's Just Magic - Parts 10 - 12. I received many comments saying the sections were too short. On a previous story I had received comments that it was too long to read in one sitting. I'm trying to find the happy medium. If you have read Parts 10 - 12, this is a repeat of those chapters.

******************************************************************

It's Just Magic

The next morning we arrived at my father's house just before the gong sounded. After breakfast Lori and I joined my father in his study to begin testing. He took an entirely different approach with her.

"I want you to listen to the sounds outside of this room very intently. Focus your mind on what you can hear. What are you hearing?"

"I hear Celine, she appears to be talking on the phone. I hear someone else, probably the cook. She appears to be reading a recipe aloud," said Lori.

I hadn't heard any of that. Father continued, "Continue focusing your attention on what you are hearing. Do you hear anything else, perhaps sounds from outside?"

"I hear someone outside in the back yard I think. He's singing a song in Spanish. And the neighbor is calling for her daughter to come into the house."

"Very good. You are already doing extremely well. You appear to have Enhanced Hearing, as I suspected. That is often paired with Enhanced Vision." He opened a book and set it on the table across the room. "Can you read the page?"

I couldn't see anything except a little dark smudge on the page, but Lori immediately began to read from the page. "Excellent." He cried. "Enhanced Vision and Hearing. We will work on increasing your range in future sessions. Are you sensing anything else new or strange?"

"I was jusr struck with a thought. I was very, very little... maybe two or three years old. My parents were frantically looking for me. I was sitting on the big couch watching them as they searched everywhere for me. And then they could see me, right where I had been all along."

"That raises a couple interesting questions and possibly answers some questions. Think about being transparent or invisible. You don't want anyone to see you."

Lori concentrates but nothing happens. "I feel like there is something there, but it's just out of reach."

I suggested, "When I was first getting started, I looked into my own mind and visualized a big faucet valve. I mentally turned it to increase and decrease the flow of magical energy. Maybe that would be a help for you."

Lori closed her eyes and concentrated. After several seconds she began to shimmer, and then she was gone. There was still an indentation in the seat cushion where her weight deformed the cushion, but there was no visible trace of her.

"You did it!" I exclaimed. She popped into view, right where she had been.

"Your idea was great. I let more magic flow, and then a little more and I became transparent... even to myself. It was weird. I knew where I was, but when I looked down I didn't see my legs or anything. I just didn't appear to be there. Now, Master, you said that you had some ideas?"

"Imagine that you are a young parent. You are sure that your young daughter is in your home, but you can't find her anywhere. You are panicking, could she have gotten outside? What if a baby-snatcher has her? And then she just reappears. Perhaps that happens again and again whenever she doesn't want to do something or go somewhere. If you have any magical background, you would recognize what was happening.

"Magical abilities usually begin to show sometime after puberty. Sometimes not even until the person is 16, 18, or even in their 20's. But they can also show up very early. It is extremely rare for a toddler to show their powers, but if you did, it could explain why your powers might hVe been bound. A toddler could be a danger to herself and others, in addition to being a major inconvenience for her parents. 'I don't want to take a bath, so I'll just disappear,' would get old after a while.

"But there's something else. People don't usually have memories of the time when they were 2 or 3. What other things about your past can you remember or see?"

"I see myself lying in a crib sucking my toes. And I can see my parents wedding. And here is someone else getting married, who are they? Heinrich and Marta... that's my, I'm not sure how many, great grandparents names. Could I be seeing their wedding? Everyone is dressed so somber."

"Yes, you could be seeing a wedding from the early 1800's. We will explore this further, but I believe that you may have a power called Retrocognition, that allows you to see things that happened in the past, things you didn't see or couldn't have seen." Then he continued, "This is often paired with Precognition, the ability to see, and sometimes modify, future events."

"I may be able to see the future?"

"Yes, but it can be a two-edged thing. We can talk more about that later." Then Father said, "We have put in a good morning's work. Lori, I expect that you are both excited and exhausted from all we have done. Why don't we have lunch, then you can take the afternoon off."

As we were driving home, Lori suddenly said, "Pull off the road."

She said it with such urgency that I did so immediately. "What is it?" I asked.

About then, a heavily loaded semi-truck came barreling through the intersection in front of us. I could hear it's brakes rasping. It's brakes had failed and it couldn't stop at the intersection. We could have been in the middle of the intersection when it came through. We would have been crushed and killed.

We sat there for several minutes, no one spoke. Then Lori said, "I heard this horrible scraping sound. Then I saw us being crushed by that truck. Thank goodness you listened without question. We could be a puddle of goo on the road."

"While I never doubted your abilities, know that I will always respect your insights now."

"Do you want to know what I'm seeing now?" she asked.

"What?"

"You and me, naked on our bed."

"I like that vision."

As we completed our drive home, Lori said, "You had asked about mental communication, asking permission to read my thoughts and implant images on my mind. I think that I'm OK with that. At least, let's give it a try."

I nudged her mind and she said yes. Then I sent her an image of her riding my cock, cowgirl style with her tits bouncing wildly. She laughed. "I already had similar ideas," she said.

When we got home our clothes were quickly in a pile on the floor. She mounted me and was a tigress as we made love. She collapsed into a puddle of orgasmic spasms as I took the superior position and rode her until I filled her with my love.

We were both a panting, sweaty pile of jello when we relaxed together. Then we slept for a while before taking a shower. Then we went to the kitchen naked to prepare a light dinner.

During dinner we discussed ways to revamp our magic show. Lori suggested that I might teleport her to the back of the room, and then back again. We discussed ways that she could use her vision or hearing. We talked about her Invisibility, and that seemed to have some promise. We talked about teleporting watches and such, but every slight of hand magician already does that.

Then Lori suggested poker. "You could know what everyone else at the table had and you could bid accordingly. You could win nearly every hand."

"I'd have to lose some, just to keep people playing," I said.

We were still doing the magic shows at clubs around the area. We were traveling farther and farther away from the university town. After one of the shows the manager approached me to ask, "Do you play poker?"

"I haven't played much, but a little."

"We have a standing game here on Friday night, but one of the guys canceled at the last minute. So we have an empty chair if you want to play?"

"How much is the buy in?" I asked.

"$250, but I'll cover it for you. I get the first $250 of your winnings. If you lose, I'm out the money. The guys don't like to have an empty chair."

"What about my partner? Can she watch?"

"Yeah, as long as she doesn't go looking over the guys shoulders. That would make them nervous."

"OK, why not?"

The game started and I made some weak bluffs that I knew were losers, but I didn't lose much money on them. Then I had two pairs, took one card, and had a full house.

One guy had two pairs and another had a flush. They started bidding and I acted nervous, but hung in on the betting. The pot was getting big when the guy with the flush finally called. He was all smiles as he laid out his cards and started to reach for the pot. "I thought that a full house beats a flush," I said as I put my cards on the table. His face went blank.

I continued to win some and lose some, but always winning the bigger pots and losing smaller amounts. When the evening was over, I repaid the $250 and had a little over $1,000 in profit.

All of the guys were good sports and asked that I join them again to give them a chance to win back some of their money. As we traveled to other clubs, I began to inquire about private poker games. Nearly all of them did, and I began to play regularly. Lori kept a rough tally of where we stood on winning and losing money and communicated that to me. We tried not to win too much, but we did always win. And we kept being invited to play. Pretty soon we were making more on the poker games than on the magic shows.

Lori was making excellent progress with her magical abilities. She was able to become invisible any time she chose; she had also found that she could become invisible to people trying to seek out magic users. I didn't know that there was such a thing but Father assured me that it was very real and that I needed to have my shields ready at the first indication that another magic user was around.

I began to work on teleporting myself. When I was good at that, I teleported Lori. And then I took her hand and teleported us both together. Doing that required physical contact like holding hands, but it wasn't much harder.

We met with Father several days each week and were making good progress. We would go on 'field trips' to test our abilities and progress. My mind control was hard to work on. I couldn't use it on Father, Celine, or Lori; they were all able to lift their shields, besides, that felt just wrong.

So Lori and I went to public places like shopping centers with a food court. Lori would select someone and a menu item, and I would tell them to order it. I was over 95% successful. On those who did not follow my suggestion, almost all had an allergy or other overriding need to avoid that item.

There was a group of young women that came in. Lori could hear them talking about boyfriends and sex and outrageous things that they had done. I mentally asked, 'Should I have them flash their boobs or pussies?' Lori said, 'Yes.'

I picked one and instructed her, 'pull your sweater down and show everyone your boobs.' Seconds later, Lori heard the girl say, "You all have been bragging about the crazy, sexy things you have done... watch this." She pulled her sweater down and lifted our her tits, turning to make sure everyone had a good look.

They all squealed and cheered her on. I picked another young woman in the group. 'Pull off your panties and show everyone your pussy. Give your panties to one of the other girls.'

In only a moment the girl was shifting in her seat, working to remove her panties. She pulled them off and waved them around to get everyone's attention. Then she pulled her skirt up around her waist. "Who wants a look at my shaved pussy?" she asked. Every woman at the table ducked to look under the table. Then she waved her panties again and tossed them to a girl with the biggest boobs you could imagine. "Those are for you," she said with a lecherous smile.

I told Lori, "Can you follow them into the future?"

She nodded. A few seconds later she said, "Tomorrow night those two will hook up for a torrid girl-girl encounter."

I wish that I could watch that, I thought. And just like that I was watching those two naked women engaged in steamy lesbian sex. Then I thought, take me back, and I was there with Lori.

"Where did you go? It was like you were a million miles away for a few seconds."

"Are you ready for this? I had the thought, 'I wish I could watch that.' Meaning the hookup between them tomorrow night... and I was there watching them having hot, lesbian sex. I thought, 'Take me back,' and here I am."

"So you went into the future?"

"Something like that."

"This stuff gets weirder and weirder," Lori observed. "But all of this sexual stuff has made me horny. What are you going to do about that?"

I led her away from the food court and said, "Go invisible." She did, and grabbed my hand. I led her to the men's room and into a stall. I pulled off her panties by feel and stuffed them into my pocket. Then I flipped her invisible skirt over her invisible butt. I dropped my pants and boxers and pushed forward. Lori grabbed my erection and guided me home. It was weird and a little disconcerting. I was pumping my cock into what looked like thin air, but it felt like Lori's wonderful, tight pussy. The strange location and the sense of possibly being caught brought us both to an orgasm far quicker than normal. I pumped my semen into her spasming depths in record time. I returned her parties and allowed her to hold my arm as she pulled them on. She walked invisibly out of the men's room before returning to visibility.

"That was SO hot," she said. "We'll have to do that again."

That Sunday we made arrangements to meet Lori's parents. I was nervous; Lori was nervous. When we arrived we all sat and made small talk: where are you from and stuff like that. They asked what I was studying in school. While Lori and I had talked about it, this was the first time that I had told anyone, "I'm going to be taking pre-law. I hope to work in a prosecutor's office. I believe that my unique set of strengths will let me make a difference for society."

I had felt a few gentle probes of my mind, but my shields were firmly in place. "That's a long road of schooling, are your parents planning to support you through all of that?" her father asked.

"Yes, it is many years of school, and no I am not expecting my parents to pay for it. We are currently making enough from our magic show to support us; that plus some other sources of income. We have been extremely disciplined with our studying, and that should allow us to continue with the schooling."

"Throughout this conversation you have regularly referred to 'us' as you discuss future plans. Are you planning to get married?" her mother asked.

"In all important ways we already consider ourselves married," answered Lori. "But we're thinking about making it official after we graduate from college." She continued.

Her mother looked at me and I nodded.

We talked about other things, and finally her father said, "We had might as well address the elephant in the room." He looked at me, "You are a practitioner of magic. And now Lori is as well."

"Yes," I responded, "As are you."

"We had hoped that Lori would never learn about her abilities, but I guess that when she became involved with a practitioner it was inevitable. Your shields are quite good, as are hers. Who is your instructor?"

"My father, David Drezner."

He paused, as if deciding what to say next. "I expected that. He is a powerful wizard, but his reputation is not without blemishes. If either of you need assistance or advice, and you do not want to go to him, let me know. Either I will help you or I will get in touch with someone else who you can trust."

Lori looked at me, fearing that I might take offense, but I already had suspicions that my father played by his own rules.

I asked, "How early did Lori begin to exhibit her magical abilities?"

"When she was just a toddler. She would hear things that no one else could hear, or respond to things before they happened. But the most problematic was when she would just disappear. She seemed to find it greatly amusing to disappear and watch while we were frantically searching for her."

"I can only imagine how distressing that would be."

"So I took her to my Master and had her magic bound. She grew up with a normal life and seemed very happy, so we saw no reason to remove the spells. But now that is done."

"Yes, she told us about one recollection she had of sitting invisible on the couch watching you two searching frantically for her. I assumed that was the trigger for her magical blocks. Of course a toddler would not have the impulse control to be responsible with their magic."

"And you?" her father asked.

"The relationship between my mother and father was a problem. I believe that she was forced to marry him just to combine two magical lineages and produce me. My powers were bound before I have any memories. I had no contact with my father until I went to college and was able to act for myself. That is when I learned that magic is real and that I had powers. So I have no idea when my abilities would have become active naturally."

We talked openly and candidly, and by the end of the afternoon I liked and respected her parents. I made no attempt to probe their minds, but I thought that they felt the same. They knew that we were devoted to each other and had long term plans together. While they didn't love either the magic shows or the poker, they acknowledged that those were allowing us to be self-sufficient. The afternoon could have gone far worse.

When we returned to our apartment. Lori jumped into my arms. I caught her with my mind as well as my arms. "We did it!" She exclaimed. "I think they like you."

"Yes, it could have gone far worse. With some grudging acceptance, they are on board with our plans."

"We told them that we are planning to get married. And Dad didn't blow a gasket."

"I thought that they were very accepting of that," I agreed.

"I want to celebrate," Lori said as she started pulling off her clothes and heading to the bedroom. We made love three times that night. It was a wonderful celebration.

We worked with my Father two or three days a week, sometimes more. I had returned the Corvette to him and we gad bought a used but serviceable sedan.. We had two shows most weekends. On those farther away we had a room included in our agreement. And I played poker one or two nights. I was gaining a reputation as a good player and was being invited to play in higher stakes games. But I continued to win more than I lost, so that was good.

Lori was often nearly naked for the Magic Show wearing a thin, sheer halter top that had a few rhinestones attached in strategic places and either tiny booty shorts or just a g-string below, either with or without body paint.

We would always have sex after the show, and again after the poker games. Nearly always she could watch the poker games and she always wore something sexy and provocative, which made the other guys happy that she was there. A couple times, when the host did not want anyone to watch, Lisa went invisible, but there was a chance for a trip-up, so we didn't do it that often. And as my stature as a player increased it became less of a problem.

I loved Lisa more than I could ever have imagined. As the school year resumed we had to cut back on our shows and poker. We also had made very good progress on our magical abilities and spent less time in lessons with my Father.