All Comments on 'It's My Life'

by Bh76

Sort by:
  • 51 Comments
Diecast1Diecast1almost 3 years ago

A good story . I like it a lot. AAAA++++

Bebop3Bebop3almost 3 years ago

Sweet story, Mr. 76. Thanks for sharing your work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

BEEN A READER OF YOUR STORIES FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS, EVEN BEGAN THIS ONE RIGHT UP TILL YOU BROUGHT UP THE 'T' WORD. THERE WAS NO POINT BRINGING TRUMP INTO THE STORY. I'M DONE!

RABSTARABSTAalmost 3 years ago

not nearly enough detail. Story was rushed as though you could not wait to get it done and you felt more than 4 pages would be too much. Who was in the car at the end? I like the rest of your stories that I have read and rated them highly, but this one just left me wondering where is the rest of the story?

Storyteller0112Storyteller0112almost 3 years ago

The ending came far too soon. Maybe because I was caught up / wrapped up in the characters. Very nice bit at the end with the uncertainty of who was seen in the car. Could easily have been any other character in the story. An epilogue on Cara and her (mis)fortunes with the commune would have wrapped it up tighter. How about new friends, seeing as how the old ones weren't worth keeping?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Imagine being so fragile that the mere mention in passing of (any) politician’s name starts an all-caps rant that ends with “I’m never reading your works again”.

Anywhoo, awesome job on the story. You made us invested in the characters, and care about them. Thanks so much for writing, and keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

A complete, well written, male fantasy of moving on. Oorah! Couldn’t help but feel sad for Kathy, though. Seemed like she was a great girl as well. One thing I couldn’t believe was that a group of women could take sides against one of their own versus the one character that everyone liked the least. Male or female, especially not when they were caring enough to invest so much in Gerry’s recovery. My bloodthirsty Highland clansman heritage demands to know about Cara’s downfall and why she returned. Of course it was her in the car!

The shouty, all caps comment about ex-President Donald Trump below are hilarious. What a whiny snowflake

Voted 5 stars but did have to round up to the nearest denominator to to it. Liked it a lot!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Hmmm. Nowhere near as good as I expected. It seemed rushed and wordy at the same time, maybe I'm being too picky. Oh well, I gave it a 3 just because it wasn't another slimy cuck story or a little white devoted wife with three kids becoming a black cock whore.

Grouch6977Grouch6977almost 3 years ago
Really sad that...

Kathy got caught up in the middle. Tough break for her. Thinking the ex was in the car at the end. Good story. Miss reading your stories. Grouch6977

FireFox59FireFox59almost 3 years ago

Enjoyed your story but what the hell?? You mentioned Trump in your story and some liberal freaks out, stomps his/her foot and shouts "I'M DONE ". I've had enough of the Trump Derangement Syndrome here on Lit. You people need to get over it or do you enjoy Trump bouncing around your pea brains 24/7???

TechumsahTechumsahalmost 3 years ago

Great story. Cara or Kathy need a story would be a great character for another story.

RanDog025RanDog025almost 3 years ago

Great story! 5 stars, easy.

BigMagnum44BigMagnum44almost 3 years ago

Great story. I agree that it ended too soon. I’m also delighted to see another anonymous snowflake majorly affected by T-word derangement syndrome. You do you, my friend and keep up the good work, politics be damned!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Sweet story. I like the character development. It does seem a little rushed at the end and there are a lot of loose threads. I did find the foreshadowing of Shelby and Craig's issues and Shelby's interest in Gerry a little too blatant. It seemed like a foregone conclusion. There were other twists in the story with the friends and those were good.

oldsage_1oldsage_1almost 3 years ago

Great story and thanks for finishing it.

Cheers

SAGE

oldsage_1oldsage_1almost 3 years ago

Great story and nice ending.

Seem to wave triggered an extreme case of PT Syndrome!

Loved it!

Cheers

SAGE

nestorb30nestorb30almost 3 years ago

I don't know , I was enjoying until he introduced Kathy to Shelby. I mean she was wearing short shorts! Why do authors make guys dum and oblivious. It's annoying

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I know who it was... It was....

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraalmost 3 years ago

Nice touch at the end... "Who, indeed?" Love triumphs over all!!! 5+++/5!

Ironman52Ironman52almost 3 years ago

Excellent story. 5*

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfirealmost 3 years ago

Great job! The Gerry/Shelby connection was telegraphed from early on but the Kathy angle saved this from being just a four star effort. She added that little bit of doubt for a few moments and then served as a great impetus to make him recognize the truth. I agree with one of the earlier commenters, Kathy could be the lead character in a story of her own. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Poor manipulated bastard. Doesn't have a clue what's going on around him. He's stumbling through life with his eyes shut while a gaggle of women guide him wherever they wish. God help him when he gets some balls-there will be hell to pay.

JacktacularJacktacularalmost 3 years ago

Again another solid offering.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

WONDERFUL STORY! He always had a soft spot for Shelby and she was his wife before she was his wife and mother of his children...

Wolfgang1955Wolfgang1955over 2 years ago

I feel for the ex wife. She brought on herself. 5☆☆☆☆☆

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Unlike the previous commenter, l feel indifference for his ex-wife! She blow it so she can’t take it back, bitch!

The anonymous from 6 months ago is an idiot who probably believes in QAnon!

To the other stupid commenters, his knew what he was getting with Shelby. I had no idea what secrets Kathy was holding back!

Big_Tim99Big_Tim99about 2 years ago

Good story, not but very solid. Shelby was the impetus for his makeover and reaped the benefits.

The relationship with Shelby was seen coming from page 1.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Good story. Yes women pick up on what other women think and feel before men do. I think they learned that in that movie in the 5th grade that boys didn't get to see.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Re the last comment about women picking up on things before men do. I kinda think dogs pick up on things before men do. A lot of guys

(not all, of course) are oblivious to subtle clues. Some of us (yeah, I’m a guy) almost need a smack in the head before we ‘get it’. I always told my late wife, If you want me to know something, TELL me. Don’t hint about it and don’t expect me to read your mind. She finally got the point after about forty years of marriage. Anyway, great story, Bh76, I’m going to be hunting for more of your stories now.

5⭐️s.

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefalmost 2 years ago

I liked the story, but wow, communes and hippies... that's going back a ways. Should have told her on her way out the door to be sure and drink the cool aid. Nice ending with the car driving away, no tears shed on their part.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Liked the story, but the ending seemed a bit incomplete.

inka2222inka2222over 1 year ago

I hope there's a sequel - my idea for the plot is, a recently LW-ed great guy who Gerry is friends with, is convinced no woman would treat him well. Shelby tells him to call a woman - giving him Kathy's number, and they hit it off. Because I feel that Kathy deserves a great partner, for showing strength of character rarely seen in a woman (at least LW story women :P)

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story, although the ending was too clipped.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

She cried for garden 😂😂😂😂

NitpicNitpicover 1 year ago
Pass

Pass the sick bag.If he cut everyone off,how could he send someone to a conference?.

Sons_LoveSons_Loveover 1 year ago

Really enjoyed your story, would love to see at least a part two...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Toxic bastard friends....great they cut them off!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A little short on the aftermath, but still a great story.

SorchakSorchakabout 1 year ago

He's 'too old' for her? Shelby's not quite 30 and Gerry's not yet 40? I personally know a couple (well, former couple) who were 20 years apart in age. She was 20 when they got together, he was 40. Hell, my wife's parents are 10 years apart! My father in-law is 10 years older than my mother in-law. Too old, my ass!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

The bitch ex came back sniffing!!

Gerald was a stupid clueless man while married and even after!!

Great that they severed ties with the asshole friends who didn't tell Shelby about the cheating Craig!!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Didn't appreciate the silence of the so called "Friends", expected the return of the crazy ex-wife and was very pleased for Gerry and Shelby.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Ditto on Pt.2!

WetheNorthWetheNorth9 months ago

Another chapter of the "Oh whoa is me! Maybe there is an answer in the bottom of this bottle of hooch"

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I’ve read enough of the Authors’ stories to compile his writing style.

Short stories with varying degrees of soft drama followed by a sudden ending where the protagonist always gets the girl and that’s it, nothing else, the drama is unexpanded and many questions are left unanswered leaving a bad taste (so to speak)

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Mike, Bill and their wives were assholes for not telling her about Craig's cheating. It's good he broke contact with them. Guessing the hippy slut was back after her money was finished

Ocker53Ocker532 months ago

A got to say it I loved it, I wish I had met a Shelby after my divorce 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Clever, enjoyable fiction. A quick view of things as they often occur in life. Loved the dilemma posed for the the friends and their struggle of how to handle it. I think their response is a good example of how must people handle the uncomfortable. Well written Romance. Boy and girl meet. An attraction, but there are too man barrier/problems.

What does the future hold?

I like stories in the 10k range that are a fun satisfying read. I don't need to know life histories.

Thanks Bh76

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBh76@Bh76
2/9/24: Out of the Shadows is finally ready and dropping soon. My long-awaited sequel to Heart is Where the Home Is and Living In the Shadows picks up where Living left off and continues the saga of Mel, Joe, Lainey, Ken, and the rest of the gang. My patreon supporters have al...

SIMILAR Stories