All Comments on 'It's Not All About Her'

by Hooked1957

Sort by:
  • 155 Comments (Page 2)
oldtwitoldtwitover 1 year ago

A well written story, fitting together with good characters and a reasonable plot line. Just has to have everyone with money,

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Dear Highbrow, you're wrong. Women are much worse. In over 76% of American divorces, women were the cheaters. They have run major companies into the ground, behaved abominably in politics, and are more deceitful than any man could be.

DrgwngDrgwngabout 1 year ago

Author managed to climb out of the gutter with this one and is now sitting right beside it instead. Still presents the usual soft landing, zero penalties, Pam’s of course the ever consistent weak ass male character that is a senior executive but has an iq around ten.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

i lost track of something; the beginning hes reminiscing about his past life and wife but never named her. Then at the end he evidently found a second wife who wanted kids , so great but nothing in the story makes clear that the 2nd wife is the one hes vacationing with. Meanwhile the cunt slut 1st wife shows at the very 1st meating shes an entitled arrogant bitch," that was an attitude shed never encountered befiore, in her mind any young male wshould be orgasmic to have any part of her, her thoughts, her meandering selfish feelings," etc(paraphrased). I wld still date a good looking twat like that for to see if shes as wonderful a fuck as she thinks she is but not get attached. I agree w/ many critics, why no PI? makes no sense not wanting to be a cuckold, but allowing the slut to make him one. As a great pres said, love but verify. Also agree w/ the following "Women are much worse. In over 76% of American divorces, women were the cheaters. They have run major companies into the ground, behaved abominably in politics, and are more deceitful than any man could be. I would add more evil than men also. rk

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Just and appropriate outcome of reaping what you sow.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

At @rk below, dude, why don’t you share your women problems and not so latent misogyny with your therapist rather than lw readers, although I understand why you think the baying hounds on this site provide you a safe haven. Although I’m sure they’re out there, off the top of my head I can’t think of any company a woman has “run into the ground”, to use your turn of phrase. Although I can think of several men have, say for example, just recently, Silicon Valley and Signature banks. And in the past, the largest corporate bankruptcy ever, you may have heard of Enron, or Lehman Brothers, just in passing. Oh well. Facts, they are so inconvenient for dudes like you. Hey, getv a date and maybe you’ll feel better.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Cuck Griff and Jada dont communicate....the issue about having babies a case in point

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The bitch did have it coming. A life of well deserved lonliness. The husband was also a bumbling idiot though. Consider, he could have saved the marriage early on by simply having her get a lawyer, and threaten a lawsuit against the boss and company for sexual harassment even if it was an affair. Her voluntary exposure and penance of quitting or undergoing a public lawsuit would be a new marriage commitment as restitution. As it is, the wife presented as a self-indulgent adulteress and the husband as a crude misogynist. I would wonder about his longterm marriage prospects given that tendency with a younger wife who would eventually mature out of his paranoid control.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

To the poster below who posted this claptrap:

"Women are much worse. In over 76% of American divorces, women were the cheaters. They have run major companies into the ground, behaved abominably in politics, and are more deceitful than any man could be. I would add more evil than men also. "

=====> what bullshit incel website did you get this from? Or maybe that is from ChatGPT. Lol that 76% is hilarious. Especially since large scale studies show that by the time they hit their 40s and 50s, 29% of married men have at least one extramarital affair, whereas 19% of married women of the same age range have had at least one extramarital affair, though up by 50% from 12% in last two decades, while rate for married men has stayed pretty constant. Cab easily Google it. Besides 17% of married people who have gotten divorced were in marriages untouched by infidelity on either side. That is roughly 1/3rd of all divorces. Another 1/3rd are largely due to cheating. The other 1/3rd are a mixed bag of factors , meaning some infidelity but also issues like money problems, addiction disorders, abuse, mental illness, etc. Ironically when it comes to looking at exclusive hetero relationships of any type and including infidelities (not just extramarital sex), but kissing, groping, emotional affairs, cyber hookups, dating someone else, etc the numbers jump to 58% for men and 54% for women at least once in their lives. Besides men are less liley to forgive an affair. Only 39% of married men as the aggrieved party stay married for five years post discovery of adultery, whereas 61% of women as the aggrieved party within the five year study window. Confession increases thr odds of staying married greatly. If discovery with no confession, then thr odds of being married after 5 years of discovery is only 20%. With confession, the odds climb to 60%. The divorce rate for second marriages climbs to 70% and over 80% for third marriages. Personally everyone should have a prenuptial nowadays with so many divorces. So yeah thr incel crap is laughable. Not even worth calling misogynistic, it is such utter balderdash.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Self-centered entitlement mixed with power. A common enough trap for many a successful husband. Wives who rise to such levels certainly get hooked (pun intended) as well with more opportunities in modern times.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsabout 1 year ago

Am I the only one who caught it? Mr 1957 wrote a story about a male businessman who climbed the corporate ladder, with a hard working, faithful wife who’s well paid, but still stuck in her position, mostly ignoring her husband’s philandering, and then just reversed the sexes. Even the name Reece would be more common for men than women.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The old quote still fits "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes". 😂🔥😈💩

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

So the CEO of a "global" company cries like a teenaged girl when she's served with divorce papers.? Then she becomes so emotional she bursts into tears constantly? I know in these formula stories the cheating whore is supposed to become a quivering mass of jelly as the reality hits them that they are getting a divorce, but seriously a CEO? Sorry but the dichotomy of the CEO and the teary-eyed wife, just was too big a leap to accept. I know the LDM eat this shit up, but it's just not believable.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

It’s not all about her …. Title says it all.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Personally, I’d have divorced the bitch just for what she admitted to doing with the first guy, let alone anything worse. However, if the husband is foolish enough to keep her, then the response isn’t “come home on time, and no more trips with him”. The absolute minimum to even consider staying together is that she files a sexual harassment lawsuit against him and the company. It doesn’t matter if she was willing. He was above her in the organization chart. By default, both he, and the company lose, big time. When the VPs of HR and Legal read the complaint, they would just about have a stoke on the spot!

Interesting “flip the sexes” premise. However, if you are going to write a “real world” story, about normal people in a corporate environment, maybe consider how deathly afraid of harassment accusations corporations are. Heck, even a third party complaint could wreck everyone. If one of her peers got wind of her relationship with the big boss, and made accusations of favoritism, the board would be shitting themselves.

ZK

EdgeOfSundownEdgeOfSundownabout 1 year ago

Why would this simp spoon with her after finding out again her betrayal? Fucker deserved to be disrespected.

lc69hunterlc69hunter12 months ago

not a fan, but it is the author's story, not mine

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Standard fare, man falls in love, wife cannot live with just one man, she constantly needs more sexual attention than one man can give her. It's in their genes, a woman continuously wants affection and an Alpha male so her babies will have the best father. A 3*, nothing new.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Like the last guy said. Just another Narcissist, who thought the world revolved around her. And she “ earned” her position, by fucking her bosses boss. Is this what the “ me too” movement is about?

5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I work as an actuary. Passing the nine tests wouldn’t make you a Vice President that quickly. She’d probably have to get an MBA and be with the company a bit longer than four to six years.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Are you ever going to learn how to end a story?

IndyOnIndyOn11 months ago

You write such good stories and then don't finish them!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

The character development reveals an author with a feminized mind.

Just_WordsJust_Words11 months ago

Dang, that is still a good story!

bookmadcatbookmadcat10 months ago

Another good story from this author, however, as with a couple of his other stories, this one seems to end too quickly

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Hooked, you write well except for incessantly overusing that fu*king character reaction of DROPPED HER EYES! Stop it! There are 50,000 other reactions writers can use. Hell, they print books full of them! You're too fine a writer to write lazily and depend on the same reaction repeatedly. As the Veggie-in-Chief says, "Aw! C'mon, man!"

IrishLaddy59IrishLaddy599 months ago

Homerun. Outstanding in all respects.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x9 months ago

@Anonymous, how is he a cuck? Because he believed her and gave her extra chances? He divorced her ass, didn't even have more than two counseling sessions, got a hotter wife who gave him the kid(s) he always wanted. Nothing cuck there.

\

Some say he was weak for putting up with her for so long. They forget that he LOVED her, kept hoping she'd straighten up.

inka2222inka22229 months ago

@sbrooks103x - he's a cuck for two reasons. First of all, a technical definition of a cuck is simply a man whose wife cheats on him and has a child with someone else (ok the evil asswipe aborted the child, but still counts). But, even if you take the other definition (someone who enjoys being cucked), this is a cuck-friendly (in a sense of, whitewashing cuck attitudes/behavior/acceptance) story, since it contains the following main cuck tropes:

..

1. MC "luuuuuves" his wife no matter what, even once she already betrayed him. He "luuuves" her so much he explicitly says he avoided getting evidence of her cheating for a while, on purpose on page 3. And yes, you claim it's evidence of "LOVED". Reasonable normal people consider it evidence of either mental health problems in the character, OR author's desire to increase cuck acceptance. "LOVE" doesn't work like that. You don't love THAT blindly, past the initial infatuation stage, and literally refusing to accept the facts.

..

2. MC keeps giving her second, third, fourth... chances (initial revelation of cheating, then dancing with her CEO, then being treated like shit, then not giving him kids despite her promises, then suspicion of cheating again).

..

3. She loses literally NOTHING of value to her (and don't make me laugh that she lost him - HE wasn't of real value for her, her thoughts/actions prove it despite her protestations). Despite being a high-paying CEO, he doesn't even try to fuck her over financially in the divorce which at least would have been plausible in real world. He also doesn't publicly post evidence of her cheating to tarnishe her CEO image. Plus, Karma doesn't fuck her over in any way that he can't or won't - and that's author's choice.

..

Yes, he eventually divorces her and even gets his "best revenge is living well" - which is why this story isn't complete "cuck shit" (and why I gave it 3.5 stars and not 1-2). But it is definitely built on several cuck-promoting tropes and authorial choices, and the MC is at least partially a cuck.

Just_WordsJust_Words9 months ago

I want to add to my earlier remarks - that last paragraph is fantastic! It really shows how two different lives end up.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Good start, terrible finish. Sorry.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Sel-centered, entitled, selfish bitch-whore got what she deserved, alone!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Resonance. After the failure of my own marraige, a self entitled and self centered WOMAN was my allergy. (Of course, her mother did enable her.)

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

1) @sbrooks103x: While Griff gave Reece another chance after finding of her betrayal- him believing she did more than she admitted - he didn't want to go the PI route, afraid of what he'd learn. If that's not a cuck, it's at least a 1st class wimp.

2) Loving somebody doesn't mean one has to put up with betrayal & disrespect. "Hoping she'd straighten up" in this instance is purely bullshit.

3) Now to the story. Why does it take 1/2 page to learn Giff's wife's name? In reading, I almost missed it, & how it's written lead me to think it might be a made up name.

4) Moreso, the story starts with the 25th anniv. in Hawaii. But reading the story, I don't see where that comes into play as they divorced well prior to that time. If it's with his 2nd wife, Jada(which I now think writing this), the story doesn't pick up with the Hawaiian vacation. And Jada's name is not mentioned anywhere in the 1st 2 1/2 pages.

5) Ending in that cafe, circling the pictures of his newborn(s), the Hawaiian trip... & everything else prior to it is dropped in quicksand. Not my idea of good writing.

6) While I liked that Giff finally wised up & divorced her, Hooked1956 made him into at least a spineless wimp overall. Splitting with her should've come about much earlier. As a result, 2 stars. And I'm just questioning why almost every story I read has the jilted husband arriving, so to speak, with a big-boobed woman. Why not just a regular sized one? Just wondering. Bob

gprevgprev7 months ago

Good read. Enjoyed it!!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Well written story as usual Hooked, but sad. Four stars ⭐️ for this one.

skruff101skruff1017 months ago

He just couldn’t bring himself to hire a PI because he might find out something he didn’t want to know, it would also have made this into an acceptable two pager instead of an interminable four pages. For an executive running a company he sure was flip flopping his way through life while wifey was showing how easy it is to climb ladders on your back.

SeaChangerSeaChanger6 months ago

That guy was way too tolerant.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Again a good story,again an MC that denies what his ears, eyes and instinct tells him and pays the price by wasting his years with someone he should have walked away from a decade earlier and start a family..Boggles the mind how authors chose to put husbands into self denial mode about their wives cheating..

enjoyed the tale though...4 stars..JZK..

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

The ending was way too Meh. Four stars, might have been three.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

On second thought, three stars, could have been two for how the MC was portrayed throughout

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Contrary to the contrarian comments, for me the story was a 5.

Literotica readers live in a world of cheaters. Normal people love and trust spouse. He was about as perfect as a husband could be. The cheater had to live the rest of her life knowing what she threw away. No wonder she slunk away in anonymity. Another great true to life story from one of my favourite authors.

The Hoary Cleric

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Decent story of a man in love with a borderline narcissist. On one hand it looks like he is far too trusting and clueless, but he doesn't have the information that the reader sees. Instead, if he had pulled out and got a PI after his confrontation regarding her boss Brooks, he would have found nothing. Many btbers would say divorce after what Jim saw and the Christmas party, but is that really likely given Griff had no other information? We see it; he doesn't. She then goes on a fidelity break for five years during which a PI would find nothing. By the time the disrespect had been growing and after her abortion due to the Boston affair (which should have had the opposite effect on any sane person that they had a near brush with marital suicide, so back off), while she ahd multiple men (five) in a few months, he was already suspicious and talking to a lawyer. Here is where he was a coward and didn't hire a PI. But he was clearly watching and then the accident report from Minneapolis. At that point, she is sunk. So yeah when he had a strong suspicion after Boston, then get a PI and catch her, but it didn't really change outcome, timeline, or events. Apparentlynshe never got close to finding anyone else over the next 20 years as per the Epilogue. She did love him (in her own way) just he was #2 behind loving herself and it isn't all about her. She is condemned to loneliness and no family or romantic love until she dies. That ends up being a long sentence in a prison of her own making.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

The modern woman, self-absorbed and entitled.

tsgtcapttsgtcapt3 months ago

Well, what did she expect?! Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

The MC took way too long to kick the cunt to the ditch.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

I really enjoyed it and gave it 5 stars. I hope after she left the cafe, that she looked at herself and realized everything she gave up years ago. And while I thought she'd get divorce papers on Monday after the dance with Brooks, it didn't happen, so he bided his time. And by waiting, she got knocked up either by him, or while in Boston and then had an abortion. She didn't let that stop her either, as she kept having sex while out of town.Eventually it caught up with her and he finally had an epiphany and had her served. I guess he had enough, and she probably had to give him some money due to her earning more than him. Thanks for sharing it with us, as it was pretty good.

OldmantruckerOldmantrucker2 months ago

💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯🙋🙋🙋👍👍👍🤷🎉🍕🍕🍕🍺🍺🍺

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

4 Stars on a nice Story . I come from a big family of 8 My mother had 10 kids in her family . My Dad came from a family of 5 kids . Sadly I got my Mom's height and not my Dad's

orion2bear2orion2bear2about 2 months ago

Sh got what she deseved the lov of a woman who thinks nothing of cuckolding husband is worth nothing andthe same is true of men who cheat

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Some discussion going on here defending the gullible, whimpy cuck of a husband. I usually trie to be more subtle, but after reading several of this author's stories I am a bit testy in regard to his usual male MC. Don't get me wrong, I still like reading those tales of woe, if only in context with stories by other authors, to sample some variaty.

One comment even mentioned that this guy was the perfect husband. But that statement is only true if you side with the cheating career whore and slut of a wife. IYes whore, please read the chapter of her first meeting the boss for the first time. She immediately senses that he expects her to put out in return for a promotion and is willing and eager to go along.

By calling him the perfect husband the commentator suggests it is required from hubby to throw away his own dreams, just so that the wife can climb the corporate ladder, all the while rewarding his sacrifice by looking down on him from increasingly higher up. The male MC was aware of things going that way. That man wanted children FFS, but she shoots him down again and again. Despite the disrespect and the denial of his dream he soldiers on. We have an unhealthy imbalance here that in reality would destroy the marriage unless the husband is a whimpy, pussy whipped submissive asswipe. How is that being a good husband? Along the way his wifes respect would reach new lows.

In order to keep the story running the author at one point puts it in the MC's head to think he has a fabulous marriage because his wife looks good and is sooo successful and suddenly he is okay with never having children. That does it for me. I know some people marry without planning to ever procreate, although for the life of me I can't fathom why anybody would do that. The only reason I can think of is greed: many if not most countries require married couples to pays less taxes than two singles with the same combined income. But look at the divorce rates among DINKs and tell me that it is a good idea again to marry without the purpose of having children at some point.

However, our MC wanted little ones and to produce, nourish and educate them is the original reason to marry since the core family emerged far back in history. Everything happening in a traditional marriage with kids is a means to that end (to have and raise them): the bonding of the oarents, the sex, setting up a household, winning bread and so on. So if you go into it for its intended purpose and one spouse decides to renege on the baby making, the whole thing has no purpose for the other and the marriage is doomed, unless you are a fantasy chatacter who throws away his main purpose in life for a vain bitch.

Yes, the MC in the end fulfills his wish with another woman, showing that his dreams of having children hadn't evaporated, he had just given them up to please the boss chick. Yeah, the perfect husband- in la la land.

So even without being sure about the cheating, the male MC should have kicked his wife to the curb years before he did.

What can be learned from this story:

Don't give up your objectives and purposes in life for a potential mate, you'll end up in misery. Look for another mate. Don't marry just to have constant pussy/cock. For that a marriage is not needed, most likely at one point in time you'll have a close encounter with divorce industrial complex with nothing to show for, even our MC here finally comes to that conclusion. No need to marry now if you plan on children eight, ten , twelve years down the road. I don't think it's necessary to establish the reasons, like your spouse might change her or his mind or you might not make it over the distance for whatever reason and the previous paragraph comes into effect.

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal1969about 2 months ago

I enjoyed that a lot but wanted you to dump more misfortune and pain on Reece because she was so selfish (affairs, abortion), uncaring (disrespect of husband) and unwilling to learn from her mistakes (repeated affairs).

Great warning about a person that loses touch with what's important in live and the tunnel vision of ambition and entitlement ruining a life.

StruckwrongStruckwrongabout 1 month ago

After the first time it was almost subsentient of him.

Also top tier guys have no problem finding great partners and absolutyely do not share.

Yes the guys who get chad leftovers that wouldn't give them the time of day earlier sure sometimes but top tier=never.

AnonymousAnonymous22 days ago

A sad end for a self-centred cheater, a very happy ending for a very good and faithful person.

I think the author produced an excellent story with a very strong message.

I read an excellent comment about the site: There are many terrific authors and great stories on the site, one just needs to know where to look.

One place is the story list of Hooked1957

The Hoary Cleric

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous