All Comments on 'It's Not Cheating If...'

by PeytonMirabelle

Sort by:
  • 52 Comments
PoisonPen33PoisonPen33almost 4 years ago
That was a roller coaster...

What a journey of ups and downs, ending with getting back on the horse to try again.

As much as could be said for a Literotica story, I appreciate the realism, specifically in regards to medical/educational ethics being both "shades of gray" with the main character dating a teacher and "black and white" with Amelia's stepping between the couple. And I like the main character admitting her vulnerability while also finding the strength to move on from Aiden.

Looking forward to more!

AngelCherysseAngelCheryssealmost 4 years ago
You probably won't see the similarity....

... this reminded me a lot of Chasten's "The Tawdry Tangerine Farewell." This was adult fiction with an emphasis on 'adult'. We all know the story, but it was told with a minimum of vulgarity (other than the act of betrayal itself), histrionics or over-the-top BTB. If it happened to me, I would love to believe I could be as mature about it as Marie was. Probably not, but it's nice to have a standard to aspire to.

Having said all that, flattening that bitch's nose with my fist would feel really good....

mordbrandmordbrandalmost 4 years ago
Great story

So many times btb stories are overlooked or voted down when the protagonist is a woman. I would have been inclined to give you five stars just to offset the misogynists, but your novella earned full marks on its own merit.

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooteralmost 4 years ago
Dang, you're good!

A superb story!

Your attention to detail, your craftmanship in writing, your wonderful use of nuances... Simply outstanding!

More!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
I gave it 5

But your stories excellence made me realize I should do that less often.

Cheers

DazzyDDazzyDover 3 years ago

I liked it. Stron as lye soap!

JasonRTaylorJasonRTaylorover 3 years ago
This made me feel, and feel deeply.

You conveyed joy, peace, comfort just as sweetly as you did lust, loss and heartache.

The descriptions, characters and story development make this one of my fave stories, a rare entry into my "Keep" folder, and only the second with 'cheating' as a plot element.

Thanks for sharing your time and talent,

J

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
DON'T YOU EVER STOP WRITING!!

so i've read all of your stories till now and expected this one to slap too... hell it did! i don't really remember myself crying reading a story(idk i'm probably just way too melodramatic lmao). thing is that i felt so connected to the characters that i literally felt betrayed by aiden's infidelity(tho we obviously saw it coming) all in all, a very wholesome read <3

ps:- gimme a red roses part 3 asap!!!(or anything on that lines would work... your writing style is just IMMACULATE)

BabalooieBabalooieover 3 years ago

I liked it. Great job.

eibirbeibirbover 3 years ago

I wasn't going to write a comment, but the comments of anonymous made me angry. Why should his vitriol be protected by anonymity? If he lacks the guts to own his words he shouldn't comment.

I liked your work. It made sense and actually portrayed a woman with the strength and integrity to make a commitment and stick with it. She had a great family and their upbringing of her gave her these values.

My only disappointment is the paucity of your stories.

TeggeTeggeover 3 years ago

Top marks! I felt like I was right there in the story. :)

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClassover 3 years ago

Well done

I thoroughly enjoyed the twists in the plot, the characters, and the topic. Cheating, especially cheating on one's partner is a particularly offensive sin. There's a Commandment about it, so it isn't something new.

Marie will bounce back, and I think we can imagine how her life will change after she becomes Dr. Marie Lancaster with an adopted daughter named Jenny.

Thanks for posting.

Ellienora35Ellienora35over 3 years ago

I want to read her story with Brian now. How the ups and downs with Jenny work out. How the ethics of dating a father of a patient work out. I can’t wait.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
sorry

Sorry, couldn't get past page two... while the writing was fine, she was such a whore it made me sick and I didn't want to read any more of her story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
well written

just to much time on the same issues. No surprise how it end and the reason for it. If was in a longer story with more to offer it would work. But, as it is it just seems like a character detail that feels obvious and repetitive in many areas.

I guess the way to describe it is a strong, intelligent and driven person that has a history that makes the ending predictable and boring.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyabout 3 years ago

I enjoyed that a lot. Marie is a great character - easy to fall for. Any woman who can follow two quick jabs with a solid gut punch, in self defense, of course :), is top shelf with me. This is my first story of yours. I'm excited to read more. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Loved it

First time reading your work, it won't be the last. Really kept my interest. She seemed very realistic to me.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 3 years ago
That

Was a helluva story. Best story I’ve read from a woman’s POV since Wild West Wife. Maybe better. Five stars and I rarely give those out. This is make a living from writing good.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 3 years ago
Anon sorry

Your loss dipshit.

FireFox59FireFox59about 3 years ago

Liked It. Especially Marie kicking the Professor's ass!!

1959richard21959richard2about 3 years ago
5*s

Superbly developed protagonist. Excellent and sensitive writing. The dejure plot has no defects 💯%‼️

This deserves 5*s.... And a sequel of some sort. Maybe a romance about her new relationship.

Thank you PeytonMirabelle.

This is outstanding entertainment... And I'm grateful.

Looking forward for more stories🎭.

GhostdogginGhostdogginabout 3 years ago
Too bad

Too bad Aiden didn't continue to pursue her. I would have liked him to do so and persistently. That way she could have reported him to Dr. Mengal and beat the piss out of him. He gave up the world for a grain of sand.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
I actually enjoyed it

Despite the ridiculous claim by a so called professor that it's not cheating if it's anal sex. I laughed out loud at that. But overall a good story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Fabulous writing with great story arc and exquisite character dev. The freshman who runs promiscuous. The soph who settles some. The junior who falls in love. The long-term thoughtful, caring relationship that turns into engagement. At every step we learn how she thinks, edits experience, refines her ethics, and matures into a wonderful adult. We want to know this person as a friend, as a reliable member of our community, because she is brought to life as a wonderful, loving, lovable, aspirational human possibility.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

This was probably the best story I’ve read here in a long time, and one of the best written I’ve found on the site. As someone else posted, I wish I was as anything like as mature and good under pressure as your protagonist. Thanks for a great read. I look forward to a whole lot more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Great 5 stars

Author you are really good!

Johnny

PencarrowPencarrowabout 3 years ago
WHAT A WELCOME RELIEF....

From the usual brain-dead cheating wives and wronged husbands.

~

I've read a few stories with the husband being the cheater but none really rang true until I read this one. What more can I say that hasn't already been said? A superb story with well-developed characters that really made me empathise with the cheated-upon wife.

~

Five stars easily from me, and thanks for writing it.

BarryJames1952BarryJames1952about 3 years ago

A beautiful five-star story. You are definitely a wonderful writer. Thanks for sharing your amazing talent.

Rocket081960Rocket081960about 3 years ago

Great story. A very enjoyable read. Thanks.

Wash2015Wash2015almost 3 years ago

As others have said, amazing story full of ups and downs and making you feel what Marie was going through.

Lately I have seen so many comments on different stories about a character being a "whore" or similar negative comments about generally not liking the subject of the story as opposed a specific criticism, it makes me wonder 1, why they on an erotic literature site and reading categories they don't approve of and 2, did they not have a portion of their life to spread their wild oats? Perhaps they aren't old enough for that yet.

Marie may have slept around but when she was with someone she was always faithful and would that same commenter come down on a guy sleeping with many women? My guess is no and perhaps the commenter is jealous of the action?

Either way, ignore the trolls and keep up your amazing writing.

Davidj001Davidj001almost 3 years ago
I,,,,,,

LIKED IT!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

great! Butt-fuckers are not real men anyway!

AristotleWellsAristotleWellsalmost 3 years ago

Y’know how the best stories are the ones that you forget are stores during the reading? This is one of those. Overwhelmingly real.

A.W.

BBeinhartBBeinhartalmost 3 years ago

Great story. I can picture the movie with Amy Adams starring as Marie.

racfguyracfguyalmost 3 years ago
Fantastic!

I really liked this story, especially when Marie 'flattened' Hancock.

BTW, why is it that when a female has an active sex life, she's called a whore or slut, but when it's a male, he's just enjoying sex and is considered a stud?

Keep writing, PM.

RABSTARABSTAalmost 3 years ago

Great story. Are you going to do another story about Brian, Jenny, and Marie?

inka2222inka2222over 2 years ago

Great story! The BTB moment was great, and the teaser at the very end....please please please consider writing about Brian and Jenny (and their future with Marie)?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Loved it! Very well written. Nothing pulled me out of my immersion in this story, which means you knocked it out of the park! Congrats!

Alberto_MBFAlberto_MBFalmost 2 years ago

Her relationship with Aiden couldn’t have ended any other way. A professor who gets engaged with a junior in his own department is a piece of shit human being. I’m glad she got to flatten the other woman while getting her charged as the aggressor.

Upforever4uUpforever4ualmost 2 years ago

Honesty is a very good trate hard to find but much easier to live

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Reads like horny American trash sluts!! They just can't keep their legs closed!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I feel that Aiden and Amelia deserved more shit, especially Aiden who did not even think that he did something wrong...how fucked up is that!!

ChopinesqueChopinesqueover 1 year ago

Rather marvelous. Really good all-around story! I liked your characters. They come off as real, and as good people, even Aiden, who broke something beautiful and deservedly lost it. Well, excepting Ms. Hancock.

ca2dcca2dcabout 1 year ago

Argh! First off, change the classification to Non-Erotic which will prevent people like me, who are on this site for ….. erotica, from wasting a ton of time. You’re a great writer and write fantastic erotica, but this wasn’t it, and I’m seriously annoyed for the time I won’t get back. Fracking annoyed.

Mike9947Mike9947about 1 year ago

For ca2dc

If you want to jerk off go to porn hub - then you don’t need to read anything!

Lit, at its best, is exploring human sexual relationships and this get a prize, especially as it presents an empowered woman not caving in to a dominant man.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

lol

creammakercreammaker11 months ago

You could tell the majority of Literotica readers are misogynistic, alpha-male wannabe on beta blockers, bastards.

Even if the woman in question didn't cheat on her male partner, shes still villified and torn ragged in the comments section. *smh*

Hiram325Hiram3258 months ago

Very good story the second time around.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Nice gender reversal, though probably a little too close to the truth for the average reader, probably a very good choice not to have put it in the LW section (where you can guarantee it's gender reverse version would have been welcomed with open arms and loved).

The only quibble I have, aside from it ending just as it could have gotten interesting, is the idea that every man wants to do anal. Most men won't even clean their own toilets let alone clear a blocked one, so why they're so keen to lick the starfish and plunger the exit hole is quite beyond me. I get it as a heat of the moment thing, though clean anal sex is very much not a heat of the moment activity, but what I don't get is that a man desperate to try it wouldn't just use a prostitute. It's really only after a few children and middle age that the lure of a tight passageway becomes an actual thing, having anal sex when there is a perfectly useable vagina is more than a little gay, and is perhaps a good way of spotting which men will come out late in life.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

A well-written 5!!!

This story clearly shows the danger of casual pre-marital sex.

As part of my work as a counselor I have done a fair amount of of pre-marital and marital counseling.

I have observed that relationships that start of the basis of sexual attraction ae more likely to fail, especially through unfaithfulness. The sexual highs cloud judgment and prevent seeing the other person as they really are as a potential life partner. For those who are still virgins and are committed to be married as such, but once sex becomes such an important evaluation tool the genie is out of the bottle.

Rednose245Rednose2454 months ago

Great story. Is there a continuation like in a flash of red?

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Excellent story. I gave it a 5.

One problem. While the story demonstrated how her promiscuity led her to a warped concept of love (a big part of the blame on the mother who encouraged it), in the end she had no learned the lesson.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userPeytonMirabelle@PeytonMirabelle
* * * * * * * * * * Current Update: 13 Apr 24 : My latest offering, Panic in Aisle Five, is available as of today in Romance. Pretty standard stuff for me, but has a sweetness I liked. Coming up Next: Contrary to most times, I have absolutely no idea what my next effort wil...

story TAGS

SIMILAR Stories