All Comments on 'It's Only Fair Ch. 06'

by Vanadorn

Sort by:
  • 100 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

This chapter could have been done in HALF the words, I think you've got a serious case of verbal diarrhea. Fuck I skipped through the majority since I got bored with the extra shit you put in. He's still a clueless idiot and you really glossed over her mother getting a lawyer for her and the fact that the bitch blames him. And do we need your half page diatribe at the start of EVERY chapter? 1*

chytownchytownalmost 10 years ago
I Love This Storyline****

Something different and interesting. Thanks for sharing.

javmor79javmor79almost 10 years ago
Patience

If an author writes a story that's too short, he gets complaints. If it has too many words, he has diarrhea of the pen. Everybody has a style. This author likes to draw the tension out. He wants you to see every clue with crystal clarity. Like I said before, he is not a "See Spot Run" author. Every clue has importance, and he wants to reader to get the chance to analyze it along with the protagonist.

I personally don't mind the amount of detail. I can understand how some of you want to get the meat of the story and get to the end as soon as possible. I can sense in the comments how the BTB people are just itching to get the divorce happening so this bitch's life can start falling apart. But with this author, you have to practice the virtue of patience. We will get there. Just hold on a little longer.

I am going to give this author another 5 stars. Keep it coming.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
This story is shaping up nicely.

I may be somewhat harsh in my Literotica reviews most of the time,but this time no negative response is needed. I think this series is shaping up quite well. Vanadorn,Kudos. -BGunns

PultoyPultoyalmost 10 years ago
Quite interesting

This story is being well told, seemingly factually and there are not too many words. It takes what it takes to create the picture the author wants to paint in the minds of his readers.

I've come to believe you, author, in that you have said it in every chapter that you write about that which you know. From the intimate details of what the protagonist is suffering, the incredulity when he makes discoveries about the details of his wife's doings and the descriptions of the protagonists daily ups and downs, all that does not seem to me like just filling in space.

I've given you 5* on every chapter. This is a good read, emotional, developed and reasonably well written. Thank you for writing. Please continue to do so.

Best regards,

-Pultoy

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Lightbulb

Thank god the protagonist didn't lose his intelligence at the post!

Gnome

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggalmost 10 years ago
& the winner for most obvious & non-surprising literary reveal is ....

No need to say. But that revelation was a Uranium Zeppelin because the readers' carnal Geiger counter needles were in the red as to who was wearing the shackles of shame. Without Ellie, front and center stage, the momentum is hemorrhaging from the story.

A lot of authors would have shifted to epilogue mode to cover this chain of post-covert chaining events. We Literotica readers would LOVE a peek at her therapy sessions and judge for ourselves Ellie's salvageability ... or lack thereof. Less so, however, for the scenes of her playing catch and release with elderly Stan.

Things are winding down. I am looking forward to the outcome of Rick and Ellie facing off and seeing how things will shake out. The past is prologue and so was most of this chapter . Still there is at least one more intriguing scene to play out. Until that key moment has turned, fans of this overall, strong literary debut are still bound in lockstep with this couple.

tazz317tazz317almost 10 years ago
THE LONGER IT TAKES

the fairrreeeeer begins to revert/ TK U MLJ LV NV

sugnasugnaalmost 10 years ago
Finally!

Thank God! Too much like real life! Too painful! Time to get away from these sick people. Life is short, these sick people have already caused far too much pain and cost far too much money. His wife has sucked the joy and happiness right out of his life. Disgusting selfish people. By the way, not everyone who is bipolar is a selfish, lying, freak. That is part of her personality, not part of bipolar disorder. Her deceit cannot be treated with drugs.

potsherdpotsherdalmost 10 years ago
Love-hate relationship

I have a love-hate relationship with Loving wives stories, but when they are good they are very, very good. This was one of the best. All the anguish, all the ambiguity, and none of the spurious heroics. An exceptionally good piece of work -I shall come back and re-read it in the future.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
2 stars

about funking time.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
One star. Who's he mad at? Elle or Stan or himself?

So she engaged in BDSM with the neighbour, big deal. If she joined a boxing gym and got beat on everyday, that would be legal and ok? So what's the difference? Oh right, his pride. So in effect, because he is angry at Stan, he's going to divorce his wife. Really fucking rational.

As for CPS, lets face it, they would have abducted Amber from her daycare at the first sign of trouble, no if, ands or buts about it. Lets see how "Team Amber" fares against the state ass raping them every chance it got. If you ask me, he should be pissed at Kerri not calling her his friend because as long as she is pumping him for information, she is NOT his friend but an extension of the courts.

This is the last chapter I'm reading because it is becoming just crap.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 10 years ago
What's Up With You Anons

This was an excellent five star chapter. Everything is finally coming to the actual truth and the final confrontation with the crazy nuts wife. We all knew it was the neighbor now we can see the finale. Way to go.

FD45FD45almost 10 years ago
Sort of like Mature Sex

it started out with some slow, semi skillful jerking around which doesn't seem to go anywhere...but as we near the climax, we really start to focus!

Teasing. I think you conquered your pacing problem. It isn't a word count, it is an event count. There needs to be something significant happening in every chapter and that seemed lacking in one and two.

THAT BEING SAID, this is a ripping good yarn. I was happy to see a meal which wasn't broken down to courses as a sop to the readers...or at least THIS reader.

The detail about the lawn, the court, his thought processes...they all worked for me. I particularly enjoyed the details of the CPS process. Part of what I really love in these stories is being taught something new. You can write a piece of shit, but if you educate me in something, you get at least a 3 star from me (if I voted). This is NOT a piece of shit. This is quality writing with quibbles.

This was very interesting:

+

"Yes she did, at length. Her manic state from her post partum induced bi-polar episode is not to blame for her interest in personal restraints and an expanded parameter in her sexuality. It merely facilitated the ease in which she was able to generate such a rapidly defined interest in this aspect and her desire to explore it. Being manic and untreated, she was able to distance herself from your relationship and that of your daughter without understanding that it was wrong."

+

At first read, this seems to be slightly exculpatory to the wife. She lost all sense of boundaries in her bi polar disorder.

And yet...if she had a deep seated fascination with bondage, the OBVIOUS starting point is her husband. After all, if she doesn't care how she ABUSES him, why would she care if she throws a kink at him he doesn't like? It is obvious IF SHE WERE IN A TOTALLY DISFUNCTIONAL MINDSET, that she would.

She didn't.

She had sufficient judgment to know her husband would not be receptive to this, she knew that adultery was wrong, she knew that emotionally engaging in these other people was a deal breaker with her husband and she knew to hide Stan and her apparatus.

So, while I think the bi-polar thing gave her a nudge, she was predisposed to do this.

Is it excused? In his rage, he doesn't think so. So...this comes down to the perennial question in the Loving Wives docket: does the 'forsaking all others' vow trump the 'for better or worse' vow?

Here, the man has TWO issues, adultery and mental illness, which provides a LITTLE cover to his wife's behavior.

It will be interesting in how the author resolves it.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 10 years ago
Loving it

Five stars. Very riveting. I agree with a previous commentator about us getting some insight into Elle's therapy sessions to see is she is culpable, redeemable, forgivable. This guy has a tough decision to make and I have a feeling that the conclusion is not going to be neat and tidy. Dealing with mental illness is complicated. I could see him going either way, but the doc seemed to indicate that prior to her break she had a fascination with bondage. That has to factor in. Can't wait for the next chapter.

MattressThrasherMattressThrasheralmost 10 years ago
Wow

You write very well my friend. Wish I could write half as good as you do.

bassraybassrayalmost 10 years ago
Different subject matter than regularly found here.

The subject matter of a mentally ill wife in a relationship and a husband taking care of the child seems unique as stories go. This however is more common than a lot of the stories. The characters are well developed in the limited space of the short story format.

I feel for the husband as a subtly abused spouse and can identify with the problems and decisions this kind of relationship presents.

I like the story so far and have given it high ratings.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightalmost 10 years ago
VD gives us a different slant.

In most stories the husband sells the wife into slavery after tricking her out of all joint assets. Here we see the reality that a good man, honest and doing his best, can get screwed blind by the system. It is frustrating to even read because no one can doubt its truth. One again, I didn't need to know about the yellow short set or whatever the kid wore and it took a long time for this guy to piece together the obvious clues, like "I've been in your basement and know you have no tools or joint compound." WTF? Your neighbor tells you this? Then you wonder who has been playing in the basement with the wife? I am still ambivalent on this story but eagerly await the final chapter. Maybe I'm as messed up as Rick!

overthehillmedicoverthehillmedicalmost 10 years ago
Spot on.

In my field I deal with bi-polar people and it appears to me that there are more females that are harder to control with meds. I feel for the husbands in this matter. It is heart breaking to talk to the men and hear the uncertanity in their voices as to wonder what the future holds for their children when their wifes are diagnosed with this. I hope he gets a DNA test to see both if the child is his, and the chance that the children my develope this in the future. This poor sap has made a hasty plan, tho I may agree, he needs way more information on what she has done in the past, with whom, and what lead up to the assault and for her to choose this way to get her sexual relief.

I hope he can go after Stan in the courts, for he may be the one who got her into this. GREAT STORY so far. I wish you well on the ending!

bruce22bruce22almost 10 years ago
Five Stars

Adultery vs Mental Illness. This is another case where the presence of a child may be the key. In normal adultery revelation will equal divorce if there are no children, but in this case it may have the opposite effect. I never figured what he does at work.

The problem is that fighting for the future of Amber is the main motivator. If CPS wants the wife back, then..... But if the partial protection order is obeyed he may be hung out to dry later. He has to focus on Amber.

MitchFraellMitchFraellalmost 10 years ago
What a dilemma

Clearly Rick still has close feelings for Elle. She is his wife and knows he should care for her in her sickness. Stan is the archetypical loner. Unable to get a job or his own woman so he picks up the wife of a friend. If he was a true friend of Rick he would have told him about Elle's activities and avoided her himself. But we still don't know for sure if 'Spencer in Elmont' or one of the other internet sex buddies is not simply 'Stan across the road'.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
you have and excellent ending here, why go on

ok bleeding hearts, for the childs best interest it is better in this case that they not only divorce but that the exwife has no contact with the child until she is at least 18 if not 21. She is not an appropriate role model for the child and truthfully is a potential danger to the child. The childs legal representation has it right the mother should never have any contact with the child.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Thanks and thanks again

This story (in all its parts) is seemingly realistic. I guess someone down the line went through this. Yes it is nice to see the fair honest guy go through the turmoil caused by the actions of someone else. I appreciate the inference that mental illness still has the freedom of choice. I know this story is not yet done but I would be interested in seeing the parallel story from Stan's perspective. I would love to read about the turmoil of sexual temptation versus loyalty and friendship. The child's welfare is right where I think it should be. The rationale of choice or plan of action should weigh heavier with kids at stake. Well done. I say Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
what's the difference?..rebuttal

So she engaged in BDSM with the neighbour, big deal. If she joined a boxing gym and got beat on everyday, that would be legal and ok? So what's the difference?

I never looked at bdsm in such a detached way. But then again I am vanilla. Pain is something there is too much of in life and should only be endured (as in physio therapy) to lessen its incidence or duration in the future. I go to the gym to make my pains go away. Not to inflict or be inflicted. Again a matter of perspective, pain(by my definition) is a subjectively adverse reaction to stimuli. Either way,(bdsm vs boxing) I think I would rather have a simple endorphin injection. I recommend reading the last chapter. I am sure it will be nothing like either of us expects.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
A clear five-star series.

Realistic? Yes. Drawn out? Not for me. The detail just brings it to life, making it not just an easy read, but a riveting one.

Was he naive to overlook Stan's involvement? Maybe, but if he only came to the actual knowledge of his wife's betrayal so late, then he wouldn't have been looking to his long-term friend with anything but trust. After all, you are meant to believe that somebody has to have your back, somewhere out there.

We all knew straight away, but we are a bunch of jaded hacks, who often read stories of betrayal, so were looking for it.

Forget the negative comments, your work is of a very high standard, and makes for an excellent change from the paint-by-numbers fare normally offered here.

You will never please everybody, that is just impossible. Just enjoy your high ratings, a true indication of what the majority think.

And for a first offering,this is outstanding. I can't wait for part 7.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
very good

The writing is very good.

The story: Stan needs punishment. He knew how she was and took advantage of her.

Her mother stated she was in denial and was blaming her husband. Thats the tricky part. Also her interest in bondage. Now if her husband participates, the BDSM will not be an issue. If he doesnt then this could split them. He will have to be involved or always wonder when it will become an issue as she had the desire for it despite the bipolar.

So can he handle that this was due to her illness?

Can he forgive and repair?

lets be realistic, if he does not forgive her and stay married His family is destroyed. At best his daughter can be with a grandmother.

He can not keep her alone.

CPS will be on their case for many years, even if they stay together, they will use his wifes bipolar as an excuse.

The best possible outcome for him is to stay with the wife if she is treated. Still pain and misery, but other options are far worse.

This tells those that have not experienced this what life is like in these situations. It is a trade off, there is no perfect solution.

Oh, and do not forget this diagnosis means she is disabled, which offers its on legal complications for his options.

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 10 years ago
Well told but painful story. As I said after Ch. 05:

He should divorce the shrew and marry the lady cop.

puppydog3674puppydog3674almost 10 years ago
Look

I'm a Dom .I have been for years ,but there are rules I play by if the spouse doesn't know find someone else. If you have clear mental issues (not emotional those we can work around)find someone else.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Why divorce the wife? She is mentally ill can drugs get her in a good state of mind

You get married for better or worse.in sickness and health. She did not have sexual intercourse . She is bipolar and manic. She is mentally ill if she can be regulated if you love her why would you dump her , would she dump you if you had these problems. Dumping her is not the answer. She she gets well and can be made whole again. What a scum bag to divorce a sick women if she had cancer would you dump her?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Divorce her now!

The mental health issues, plus the emails, will assure he gets custody. Someone suggested he should marry the cop. Isn't she married? And don't forget the young, chunky day-care "teacher." I suspect the story will end before he is ready for anything like that to happen. Perhaps the author should consider extending this story or revisiting it in the future to see how everyone's life is progressing.

Great story!! I'm glad he FINALLY got around to Stan. Many (most?) readers knew Stan was going to be a problem when Rick saw Stan's blinds/drapes move back in chapter 1.

Tim413

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
I have no choice but to give you high marks for your writing

,because you are talented and your technical skills are beyond reproach. But as a story teller you have some shortcomings that you should work on improving. Don't let your high score fool you into complacency - that would be a waste of a great talent. If you could get your story telling on par with your writing, you could become one of the best.

The bad:

Your pace is uneven, your characters are poorly defined card board cut-outs that we don't really care about and everybody spotted the "big reveal" a mile away (that was clearly the only purpose of including the best friend). Even the child comes across as more of a McGuffin than a main character. There is no sense of an emotional connection at all with any of the parents. You keep "saying" that there is one, but you don't "show" it. You don't make us experience the main characters turmoil and commitment.

The good:

The whole debacle with CPS and the authorities is very well written and make me believe that you have been squeezed by the system yourself at some point. As far as that is concerned you do manage to convey the helplessness and frustration of the main character when facing the pressure of this machinery. This is the one place in your tale where I felt his emotions. You could probably write really good court room dramas. I also like the fact that you are keeping it real. No ex army snipers taking bloody revenge, but a guy who won't even throw a punch out of fear of giving the system an excuse to steamroll him. Kudos for that.

IronDragonIronDragonalmost 10 years ago
Powerful

Definitely a powerful chapter, especially the confrontation with Asshole. I can't say that I'd exercise the same level of restraint, but he did the right thing by not hitting Stan the Shitstain. He has his daughter to think about, and he would jeopardize his custodial rights by assaulting his wife's lover.

I hope Stan the Shitfucker gets his, though. This part - "You've been to my house. Ate at my table. Shared my food. Played with my daughter! Have you no honor?! No shame?! Where's your fucking loyalty?! At what point did you think to yourself that this was a good FUCKING idea?!" - said it best. Betrayal like that makes it difficult to trust again, and he will never be able to trust Stan or Elle again as long as he lives. The love he feels for her will dissipate as he realizes this.

Still a realistic tale of an average man caught up in not-so-average circumstances.

5 HUGE Stars, and definitely looking forward to the final chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Re: Anon who wrote "I have no choice but to give you high marks..."

I have been keeping notes on the story and they are not expressed near as well as Anon who pointed out the Bad and the Good. Whoever they are, they are spot on.

I think you could be better at this, but I have reservations that you will. I think maybe an excess of ego in the Vanadorn household will preclude that. Your Preface with its self evaluation of your story points clearly to that.

But in the interests of having another good writer to look forward to, I hope I'm wrong.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Re: Why divorce the wife?

Are you serious? You mean she can just take a pill and all of sudden the piece of shit person she is and the betrayal with the best friend is all just a chemical imbalance and she couldn't help any of it!?!? That is what is wrong with the world these days. Just take a pill for whatever problems you have. Decisions that people make don't mean a thing because she is depressed a needs to take a pill. She couldn't help it. Let me tell you what your comment amounts to. BULLSHIT!!! In your world nobody is responsible for their own decisions and actions. Once again I say BULLSHIT!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Awesome

You handled Stan Perfectly, you didn't lower yourself to their level. Screw the mental illness bullshit divorce her and move on with your and your daughters life.

LostOneThereLostOneTherealmost 10 years ago
Becoming more interesting

Kind of says it all,

"Lenny Furman. It's Rick Masters. Friday night, about 11. I'm calling to let you know that I'd like to divorce Elle as soon as possible. Call me when you get the chance. Thanks."

Sometimes there cannot be another valid choice. Since his statement was made while angry it is most likely he will waver at least once or twice in the next few weeks. Canada is far different than California when it comes to CPS and their involvement in mental and legal issues. Here there would be no CPS part of the story because CPS doesn't have the time nor resources to get involved in actions where the child was not actually involved in the violence. Sad shape for certain. As far as the court system goes, as long as "mom" doesn't conduct any sexual or bondage activities in front of the child or hit and/or seriously neglect the child, she will have at least 50% custody at the time of divorce. If Elle turns out to be like my ex, she will have had years of practice fooling others as to the true state of her mental health. She will easily be able to fool a judge or advocate and because society views mothers as the most nurturing (even if they obviously are not) the almost always gain the lions share of child decision making authority.

Here (California), the mother's state of mental health is not even admissible in most cases. Even at this point in the story line, her state of mental health would not be admissible as the doctors are just in the process of evaluation. Woe be it for all those who have as yet un-diagnosed mental illnesses, they get a free get out of legal jail card from the court.

Perhaps I should have moved to Canada prior to divorcing. Oh well, at least I did manage to obtain 50% custody.

honey_licker1124honey_licker1124almost 10 years ago
Excellent story!

You say that you write what you know about. Man, if you personally have dealt with this, or have a close friend or relative who has, I feel for you.

I'm sure everyone reading secretly wishes that Rick had beaten Stan to a pulp right there in the doorway. But all the consequences came to mind to prevent it. I told you it was Stan, and it was set up well. I would still have Amber's DNA tested and compared.

When Elle comes home, what's going to prevent another episode. "Oh, I take my medication," but I know for a fact that they tell you that, but they lie and then it's too late. She WILL lose control again. The Law Guardian actually did Rick a favor in showing him that in Amber's best interest, it would be better to remove the threat. Only one more chapter? Hate to hear that, but please get others going. At least you can write and put proper words together. Many on here can't do that!

And at the end, I'll be looking forward to Rick getting to bury his face in between Kerri's ample breasts and getting to taste the sweet dumplings between her fleshy thighs! 5 stars

elHosedelHosedalmost 10 years ago
From a child of a bi-polar mother...

...I can say with certainty the only real solution for someone in any form of relationship with a bi-polar individual is to literally remove them as completely as possible from your life.

They NEVER get better, just different. Anyone who thinks the pills work doesn't understand the addictive aspect of a bi-polar's highs. Think natural heroin. Would you take a pill that kept you from feeling that high?

connoisseur29connoisseur29almost 10 years ago
*****

AH HA! The sleeping giant awakens. Good show, Vanadorn. I'm enjoying this tale, no end. Cheers!

phill1cphill1calmost 10 years ago
Excellent Story...

You're weaving a masterpiece. Responding to a couple of criticisms:

1. The protagonist should have immediately guessed Stan. Well, you know, I suspect nobody expects his wife to be engaged in any behavior like this. And he is a working father, who spends a lot of time and thought on the one bright light in his life, his daughter. So, it's not a common thing. WE think about it because we are reading this story. The likelihood is that we wouldn't be so quick to think about it if we were in the situation.

2. Too many words: preposterous. The author weaves a story with an appropriate amount of words. Any significant amount of less words and the tenor of the story goes from "realistic" to "caricature-ish".

This story feels real. Just enough suspense without being pandering to the suspense. I've given it a 5.

BriteaseBriteasealmost 10 years ago
You write what you know about?

Must be a clue! It could be the law of course, but one suspects it's living with a bi polar person. One of my best friends suffered from this, and us and two others got the nickname locally of the (four) musketeers for a few years. He stopped taking the medication a few years back. We tried to convince him but ……. he's dead now and he dies too young and alone! I'm an engineer and can understand all sorts of things that some others are mystified by, just as I am by malaises such as this. No idea what the answer is here, but we have, I think, a deeply thought provoking story here. True or not, this sort of thing happens. How do you deal with it? Don't ask me.

bearsladybearsladyalmost 10 years ago
Comments

Holy Gaucamole Batman!!! I don't think I've ever read the range of comments about a story on here before. My own personal opinion is you have written a compelling, intense story that had me from the first chapter. If I could give it more then five stars, I would. From the comments, others feel the same. You have pushed every button capable of being pushed and caused your readers to feel a full range of emotions. Well done Vanadorn, well done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Bravo

Looking forward to the final chapter and your next stories. Please keep it up! - claud137

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
If medical science cannot help her then divorce her for the child's sake and you own state of mind

This is a tough compelling story, you wife is looney toons and your paying the bills.the courts , lawyers will bleed you dry . Your wife may never be well enough to stay together. So there every one loses. A sad tale. He bdsm attraction she needs to be dealt with but being bi polar one will never know when she slips again , what a way to live .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Far too many times on this site ..

authors try to excuse away the cheating WHORE wife's actions ( menopause, mid life crisis, feeling old and unattractive, husband works to much, "I wasn't thinking!" and on .. and on .. and on....) because she is a WOMAN and it is her RIGHT to be forgiven! As far as the vast majority of the writers and readers that frequent Cuckorotica, every married woman that chooses to dishonor their marriage vows, disrespect their husbands and spread their holes for other men should be given as many free passes as they need so they can "find themselves"!?!

To the Cuck, Man Hating, cheating WHORE wife apologist I say FUCK YOU!

Elle is cheating whore .. plain and simple! She shit on her husband and daughter because she was selfish and because she could! Well now It's time for Elle to pay the piper and like most cheating wives on this site SHE WANTS A "DO OVER"!!! This time it's the mental health excuse ... wonder what it will be next time????

Vanadorn if there is any justice Elle will loose her husband, her daughter and spend the rest of her life in a mental health institution regretting her despicable actions!

Does this reader expect that to happen ( the cheating WHORE wife to ACTUALLY pay for her actions ) ... let's say I have my doubts but maybe you are one of the rare scribes that doesn't cater to loser CUCK crowd! One can only hope!!!

javmor79javmor79almost 10 years ago
@Anon-Far too many times on this site

No one tries to excuse the woman for cheating. But there is always a reason for every action. No one does anything without a reason. For instance, the reason why you are so angry is probably because you've been hurt by a cheating woman before. You didn't just get angry. There was a reason. I'm not saying that it excuses the cheating. But there is always a reason.

For some reason, people who read these stories want to see it as black and white. If a married woman connects with another man for any reason, they want to cut her head off and piss in her neck. She has automatically committed adultery on her saintly husband for no other reason than she is a selfish bitch. If an author tries to get the audience to understand WHY his character cheated, then he is a feminist cuckold who is apologizing for her. If you think that women cheat just because they want a bigger dick, then you need to get away from the pornos. Cheating is never that cut and dry. This author isn't apologizing for the cheating. He is exploring what made her cheat.

If you have had a woman cheat on you, I suggest you try to find out why. If you are a victim of multiple women cheating on you, you definitely want to find out why. It's not that all women are cheaters and cant' be trusted. The hard truth is that the common denominator is you. Why are you attracted to women who will ultimately break your heart? Maybe you are doing something to drive them away. I'm not saying apologize for them. I'm saying that you should take a minute to explore why. That way, you can stop the cycle. If all of the cars you buy only last you for one year, wouldn't you look at what kind of cars you are buying? Or would you look at what you are doing wrong to the cars once you get them? Couldn't the same logic be used in relationships?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
100 years ago

@ javmor79 The statistical data are the next: 55% of the wives and the 60% of the husbands have minimum 1 extramarital affair in their life. (But this statistical data contain those people who was cheater once in their life, in their first marriage and the kind serial cheaters together) I think it is a difficalt thing to say the 55% of the husbands are wrong people! Here too many authors live in successful second marriage or to avoid a cheating fianceé and live in happy marriage with other woman.

Your opinion was good, when the cheater wives were only 25-30% of the wives and the wrong husbands cheater wives groups might be near each other------100 years ago.

frontlinecasterfrontlinecasteralmost 10 years ago

To the author, I was with you right up until your self righteous little rant about how anyone who is interested in dominance or submission must be sick or must be unhealthy. Fuck you. That is all. You clearly can write and have a lot of talent, but fuck you and your judgmental bullshit.

To Duna who is commenting anonymously because his stupid ass got banned, go away and stop spouting your bullshit, made up statistics. No one wants to hear from you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
The Reality of it All

He forgave Kerri far too quickly. A friend does not put another friend in jeopardy of losing his child through having to deal with our insane bureaucracy. Especially knowing that he is such a good and responsible father. She is only obligated to report him if she knows Amber has been abused. It was him that was abused, not his daughter. Of course she should have been concerned and should have monitored Amber's condition, but to turn on him so quickly with so little evidence is not the sign or someone who likes you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
To Javmor

I have a friend that bought a car that lasted her maybe a month before it broke she replaced it three times with the dealer and all three times the cars broke down same problem and all were new vehicles, sometimes the car(spouse) is just a piece of shit that lucked upon something good they would never appreciate.

javmor79javmor79almost 10 years ago
@Anon

That was the point I was trying to make. She was going after the same kind of car. She should have been looking for a different kind of car. It's just like a female who says "All guys are dogs" but then she overlooks her best friend who is a nice guy. The problem isn't men. The problem is her. She keeps going after the type of guy that is going to break her heart. The same with guys. We want a girl who is a nympho and looks like Jennifer Love Hewitt, and we over-look the nice girl who wants the guy to wait for sex until they are in love. Then we get appalled that the girls we keep choosing are breaking our heart.

I also wasn't saying that we have to blame ourselves if we get cheated on. I am saying that if we can figure out why, we can avoid the cycle. Instead of being a victim, we can save ourselves. With that said, if an author is exploring why his female character is cheating, that doesn't make him a wimp. There are pieces of shit cheaters out there, but the reason why ANYONE cheats is because they are missing something in their life. It could be anything. Maybe they were raised in a household where cheating was the norm. Maybe they have a chemical imbalance. Maybe their husband/wife aren't giving them what they need. Maybe they don't know what they need and are trying to find it. Maybe they are just narcissistic and feel they have the right to cheat. I'm not saying that cheating is right. But there are reasons WHY a person cheats.

MattblackUKMattblackUKalmost 10 years ago
5* all the way

This is very realistic.

Wife wants to explore BDSM stuff, knows her husband will not do this, so she takes lovers, but then resents her husband as he either can't detect her infidelity or because she then sees him as "weak" for NOT being into BDSM stuff.

He can't win.

SparksWillFlySparksWillFlyalmost 10 years ago
Good Again

The CPS and domestic court parts of the story don't even go far enough in describing their Nurse Ratchet mentality(One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest). Leaving the fear of their power hanging throughout the story gives the reader a good picture of their brutal intimidation. I wasn't too far off on Stan - you dropped enough bread crumbs to make that easy. I get the feeling you are leading toward a happily ever after reconciliation ending that will chap a lot of asses among the commenters. Given Elle's issues, a hero takes her back, so good luck with that.

JounarJounaralmost 10 years ago
5*

Another cracking chapter. Looking forward to how this all plays out but still think it took way to long for hubby to wise up to Stan.

@javmor79

Some people are just cheating pieces of shit who do it just because they can and only care about themselves.

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 10 years ago
TO DIVORCE or NOT to DIVORCE that is THE Question

I suppose a case could be made for either possible outcome... But there is an important part of this which many overlooking.

Now that the wife is in some sort of recovery the fact she is STILL BLAMING HIM is REALLY a very bad sign

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Hmmmm ...

I gather this is going to be a long one ...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Elle is about to enter the true "House of Pain"

looking forward to seeing that bitch utterly destroyed

RTnTNRTnTNalmost 10 years ago
5 * Thank you

for writing this story. It is very good. Please continue to write, it is appreciated. What puzzles me is how can someone vote a story 1 * at chapter 6? A 1 * vote says "I hated it". Who continues to read 6 chapters of a story they supposedly hate? None the less, please continue to write, I really like your style.

VanadornVanadornalmost 10 years agoAuthor

Ok, I see it posted and thanks again to everyone for your votes and comments. Typically I don't write on the weekend in the spring/summer/fall - I'd much rather be outdoors and I always have some sort of project/trip going on.

Some short comments on a few things I noted:

1) Rick had NO problem with the idea of exploring with Elle, and in fact, the first thing he said to her after confronting her with the cuffs and she was talking about playing with them was that he'd like to join in and do it with her. A healthy response from one person to another in a sexual relationship. Don't see where he's against it with her - the issue is that she is not including him and doing it on her own.

2) We are reading a Loving Wives submission and are on the lookout for the clues that someone is fucking someone else - hence the anti-Stan brigade since Chapter 1. Rick is NOT reading a Loving Wives submission - he has a difficult wife for a year and a half, a daughter, some work issues, and a good friend/neighbor across the street that he can confide in for 6 years. Why would he be on the lookout for his buddy to screw him over. We know it's coming - he doesn't. He's not a dufus, he's just a regular guy who...trusts his wife and trusts his friends. And why wouldn't you under normal circumstances.

Chapter 7 is only about 1/4 written at this time, again, I don't normally write on the weekends. I'll probably add a thousand words to it over the next couple of days but I would expect to post it maybe Monday or Tuesday at the latest. I'll keep everyone updated on this comment thread.

Thanks again to everyone for your support. Truly and honestly touched.

-V

njlaurennjlaurenalmost 10 years ago
Powerful as hell

The author has caught a lot of things, he has caught the problems dealing with a mentally ill spouse, he has caught the problems with the CPS system, that on the one hand will leave a kid in an abusive household in minority neighborhoods to 'keep the family together, because families have been so destroyed there", and on the other hand will turn perfectly good parents into criminals, because they think it is their job to do so , even if there is no sign of abuse. They claim they do so out of the child's interests, but it is almost like they take perverse pride out of putting parents in the hot seat. We had our own brush with CPS, a neighbor called claiming our kid was abused (he had yellow paint on his wrist), but it it was really in revenge, the guy in question was a douchebag who hit his wife, and someone had called the cops on him one night when they were in a major fight, and he blamed us. The CPS worker was a nice lady, but she had to go through the motions, had to interview my son (who was 3 at the time), had to interview my wife and myself, my mother in law, even though she took one look around the house and realized this didn't look like a typical situation. The wouldn't tell us who called, but I did tell them about the neighbor and our suspicions, and I also asked her to write in our record that if another complaint comes from the same people, that I would call a cousin who is a lawyer and sue to find out if it was the same person, so I could get a restraining order.

Anyway, a powerful story, and ignore the anon shitheads who complain, most of them are dees, dem and dos or y'all ranters who are upset Fox News has celebrity news on rather than some idiot claiming Obama is a muslim or Hillary is a dyke or that affirmative action wiped out white people's jobs, they aren't worth listening to (put it this way, they comment anonymously, what does that tell you about them?).

I think the writing is fine, there could be more depth to the characters, but the author is also learning, and for a first time effort, this one blows out 99% of what is posted here.

As far as the story goes, I think what Rick does is not cowardly, he is protecting himself. Yes, his wife is mentally ill, and to a certain extent that will allow her to do things she otherwise might not do, but the reality is she knew she was cheating on him, she had desires to do BD/SM, and never even tried to see if Rick would be interested, and that is cheating. Did her bipolar make that easier? Yep, but that doesn't excuse it, and if what the therapist says is right, she won't even take responsibility for what happened, she blames Rick, I am sure she says "he wouldn't do this with me, the old square, and I had a need to do it". It doesn't even dawn on her that doing it with a neighbor like that, a friend, is so much of a betrayal, and Rick cannot be blamed for being upset and filing for divorce, he has found out she really cheated, and he is faced with her cheating, apparently not being willing to admit she was wrong but blaming him, and also the long term reality that she is likely to do it again, one of the things about bi polar people is it is tremendously easy for them to stop taking their meds, and when she does so, the poor bastard will face the same thing again. If she is blaming him when stabilized on meds, what the hell is her excuse?

As far as her mother goes, the fact that she got the wife a lawyer doesn't mean she sides with her daughter or thinks Rick is wrong. She told him she couldn't believe what her daughter was saying, and how he could stay with her, so getting a lawyer is simply protecting her interests, especially since she is mentally ill.

BTW, I don't think the author said BD/SM is for sick people, he calls Stan a sick fuck for having relations with his wife, and also that Stan could do that, see the breakdown in his marriage, and not even try to tell Rick the truth and apologize. It sounds like with Stan if Elle came home tomorrow, he would be back in the basement with her...but in any event, I didn't get the idea that he is saying BD/SM is sick....FYI, there is some truth that mentally ill people can turn to BD/SM to self med, for example someone with depression can get a high when they are low from endorphins, but that is true of a lot of things, plenty of mentally ill people drink, it doesn't mean all who drink are mentally ill either......

For the person who said Rick should get over it, the wife didn't have sex, etc, another posted answered that one correctly. BD/SM play doesn't have to involve actual sex (blowjobs, vaginal intercourse, getting off manually) but it does involve intimacy of a different sort, when you play with someone, you are giving them intimate trust that usually is only reserved for a spouse, she is sharing something very personal with an outside person, and that is cheating, the way that online playing the way she was is. Another poster hit the nail on the head, ethical BD/SM people will not play or enter a relationship with someone else who is married, unless they know the spouse is okay with it, and usually they establish guidelines and boundaries as to what is appropriate. There are plenty of married men and woman who have BD/SM partners outside the marriage, where the spouse realizes the other person needs this and they negotiate a compromise, whatever that is, but what Elle did and Stan did is betrayal, it isn't nothing.....

For the author, one thing you could do is have Stan charged with rape. If Elle is found to be mentally ill, Stan could be charged because even if Elle consented, with certain kinds of mental illness it is kind of like being a child, you cannot consent to things like this. Stan had to know Elle was not exactly all there, if he was a friend he saw what kind of shape she was in, how troubled Rick was, so he would have very little leg to claim he didn't know, and in the end, he was a predator, it would be like him having sex with a mentally retarded girl with an iq of 60, he couldn't claim consent there, either, and it might be appropriate to the ending.

To the author, a great read, and my only irritation is having to wait for the ending. I don't know where you are going with this, but I hope the ending has more of Elle, about what is going on with her, you have set the stage, but we need to see more of the picture to make this end the way it should , with a bang. Whether Rick divorces her, or finds a way to stay with her, depends on that, and also, without knowing more about Elle, it would be hard as a reader to decide if you end up liking Rick or not:). Course, I am sure the BTB crowd would love for Elle to end up with a loser like Stan, and both of them end up found dead in his basement after some play goes dreadfully wrong, but I expect a lot more from you:). I also look forward to future stories, if they are as good as this one, have another favorite to keep an eye out for:)

frontlinecasterfrontlinecasteralmost 10 years ago

"What makes a man want to be beaten or abused or belittled by a sexual partner? I can understand it at least academically from a woman's point of view with the entire 'role-reversal' thing. But a man wanting to be dominated just didn't make any sense. A relationship, at least a real one, was supposed to be two people, treating each other like equals. At any point where the balance starts swinging in one direction and not in the other, you end up with a lopsided result and an unhealthy relationship. "

That is saying that any bdsm relationship is by definition an unhealthy one. That is completely unfair and belittles anyone who is into a kink that the author doesn't share, and it doesn't matter if he was willing to 'experiment' with handcuffs with his wife, he is saying that bondage and submission are 'wrong' and 'less real' than other relationships.

That doesn't change whether what the wife did was wrong, nor does it change that this is a very well written story with clear emotional impact. But that is out of line and the kind of thing that people who don't know anything about BDSM and think that the only reason people get into it is because they are damaged or sick shouldn't say.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Explain please!

'That is saying that any bdsm relationship is by definition an unhealthy one.'

All living ones are driven by a basic principle: Seek pleasure; Avoid pain.

But human beings have connected pain with pleasure, like a 'Pavlovian dog'. Humans are conditioned, bettered conned, to believe a lot of crap and it IS sick.

k, India.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Hypocrat

@frontlcast Daer hypocrat why is the ANR problem for you?????

cpetecpetealmost 10 years ago
Each Chapter gets better and better

in this fine tale.

Most posters have stated the good points, so I will not parrot them. I just wish to commend you for the real life description of how people dress when coming to court. I had the misfortune to be drawn into an extended multi visit courtroom drama. As in this story, I was amazed what people consider "Courtroom décor". Coming in late, loud cell phone conversations, beach wear, sloppy unclean appearance, etc.

"Causal wear" has degraded into anything short of PJs.

OneShotOneOneShotOnealmost 10 years ago
Vanadorn, thanks for the update.

Really anticipating the next chapter. You are hitting on all cylinders.

NJLauren if Rick tries to have Stan charged with anything the cops as sympathetic as they have been to him will laugh him out of the station. What Stan did was nothing like having sex with a low functioning mentally retarded person. Stan engaged in a consensual B&D relationship with a woman who was a functioning member of the community: a wife , mother and employee. When they were having their fling there was no diagnosis of mental illness. And Stan is certainly no mental health professional.

Also mental illness does mean that one is incompetent to make choices. Everyday people with all variety of diagnosed mental illnesses from depression to schizo-affective disorder make choices in their lives. They go to work, buy cars, get engaged and have love affairs. In this case Elle chose to have an affair with Stan; an affair she had been trying to have with many other men as her emails show. Proving Stan is a predator? Again police and prosecutors would laugh Rick out of the office.

frontlinecasterfrontlinecasteralmost 10 years ago
@duna

No idea what you mean. Too bad you can't spam fifty more comments into this thread trying to explain since you're stuck on anon now and only get one comment per story. Thanks for stopping by!

rcrmonte3rcrmonte3almost 10 years ago
This needs another chapter or 2

I have given each chapter 5*. Now, finally, he wants to divorce Elle ASAP. We need at least another chapter to conclude the story. What happened to Elle, Rick, & Amber? What happened to Stan? What, exactly, happened in that basement? How are Rick & Amber getting along without Elle? Does Rick start dating & eventually find a new, non bi-polar mom for Amber & wife for him? Does the CPS restraining order against Rick get lifted? What's the deal with Rick & Kerri?

Too many questions that need answers.

Wxcellent writing, plot, etc., so far.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Wow

Lots of vitriolic comments about infidelity on this piece, which I understand. The ones directed at the story or the writer make no sense to me. Thank you, author, for writing so effectively about the ripples of pain that have at their source the breaking of a set of agreements made in a ceremony of commitment. It seems to me the lesson is to renegotiate the agreements, or end the commitment and then be free to do as you wish. My words to the author are to keep writing. You have real talent.

FD45FD45almost 10 years ago
Javmor

Well said!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Powerful story with great comments.

This is a very good story. I would encourage readers to go back and read it again from the beginning. The story has such a compelling story line that most readers skim over things that seem irrelevant because there is so much detail included in the early chapters. One detail that everyone caught and should not have been included is the scratches to the neighbor's wrists. He is a construction laborer. He would be covered with scratches. Guys don't check out each other's scratches without something happening. Black eyes are another matter.

For those readers encouraging a reconciliation, I would point out a few things: the wife knowingly started an online affair with strangers, had an improper physical relationship with the next door neighbor who is a loser. She assaults her husband in front of their child. She neglects her child for her online relationships. She threatens to kill her husband in his sleep. She refused to get help for her bipolar disorder. Her child's guardian has gotten an order that would take his child from him if he exposes his daughter to her crazy mother. His only choice is to divorce her and allow only supervised visitation. Elle will never get better and is likely to stop taking her meds because she never felt she needed them. She knew what she was doing. He doesn't need to BTB but he needs to protect himself and his daughter.

Thanks for your work. I look forward to the conclusion and more stories from you.

Reasonable man

rightbankrightbankalmost 10 years ago
The attorney needs to contact

CPS and the police regarding Stan. ASAP

Since the author keeps reminding us that the story is being written from a personal point of view, I am sad for the author. no one should be exposed to this kind of behaviour in real life. I know it happens, just wish it didn't.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
This is extremely real

Vanadorn is nailing reality. There are several forums on the internet for victims and survivors of infidelity. Many of the threads are gut wrenching. This story expresses the anguish, pain, and life-altering destruction that can, and often is a result of infidelity. The destruction of the legal system, combined with the pain of betrayal and then the pain of loss- all a result of the actions of someone who has claimed to love the victim. Correction. Victims. Plural. The damage and suffering of the children is immeasurable.

Thanks, Vanadorn, for telling this story. Looking very forward to the next chapter, and will also be looking for eventual more stories from you.

SalamisSalamisalmost 10 years ago
Thought provoking

Should the husband of this story divorce his wife? I honestly don’t know. While she cheated on her husband, she did not commit adultery (which in many jurisdictions requires intercourse to have occurred).

Is ‘by reason of mental defect’ sufficient to abrogate the ‘in sickness and in health’ clause of many marriage vows? Not in my world, but then again I’m a fairly traditional guy and I’ve not had the challenge of living with a mentally ill spouse.

This chapter also got me thinking about the nature of BDSM and the motivations of its adherents. This is subculture of which I have no familiarity so I was expecting a lot more insight in chapter 7, that is until a divorce was announced in the last statement of chapter 6.

My concern is that if a divorce is pursued I’m not sure the story will be as compelling since there will be little need to focus on the most intriguing character …the wife.

laptopwriterlaptopwriteralmost 10 years ago
Although I was one who said he should have left with Amber as soon as he hit him,

this has really turned into one great story! Vanadorn, I tip my hat to you for your writing. Yes, you do know your subject. 5* from me, I only wish it could be more.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Divorce

It is in the best interests of this family that the mother remain committed....at the very least a legal separation is in order...a divorce is best. This is a dangerous situation for the child. Marital vows are well and good but not at the emotional and physical expense of the husband and child. Staying in a bad/sick marriage is very destructive to all involved. IMHO

Great story 5x5

VanadornVanadornalmost 10 years agoAuthor

Ok, Memorial Day is sort of a weekend, but I did some writing yesterday and today (Monday). Story is 95% finished and I will wrap it up tomorrow and proof read it. So I should upload Chapter 7, the last chapter, on Tuesday, and given the speed Literotica has been posting, it should appear 2 days later on Thursday.

It's considerably longer than the other chapters as I found myself fleshing out a few parts during the writing process. I want to thank everyone for their patience and their support!

-V

TornadoTysTornadoTysalmost 10 years ago
Very Believable Story !

If this story is base on true experiences then I really do feel for the poor husband. It seems that mental illness or not the poor husband is going to get screwed over.

A partner with mental illness at best is going to be in remission as the illness is always going to be there. The husband is always going to be wonder every day if or when she might have another relapse !

That is worse than doing prison time, at least at the end of a sentence there will be freedom. The mental illness is no freedom for the husband.

newtinmplsnewtinmplsalmost 10 years ago
A bit fast

She's been in the hospital less than a week and is on three psych meds? Again, not Minnesota - and questionable practice. A reputable provider would want her to give the first medication a decent trial (and it takes time to build up a decent blood level). As an NP student, I shake my finger at that. Okay so it's just a story and I get that and can suspend my disbelief, so don't take my feedback that seriously.

I also like the fact that you examine the financial consequences to the family, and are clear that CPS is looking for a problem. These are things that are going to happen and CPS usually is rightfully paranoid because more often than not there is no admitted problem till way way after things have gone to crap.

Good story. Yes, it's not usual fare - but it's well written. And if you decide to have an eventual love interest, I could see Kerri being a decent choice.

vikingprincevikingprincealmost 10 years ago
Bravo first effort.

Well done, sir!

VanadornVanadornalmost 10 years agoAuthor

Ok - Final Chapter submitted! 15k words and I sat on it an extra day to tweak it here and there. Should post Thursday; Friday at the latest.

-V

PultoyPultoyalmost 10 years ago
Well done

This is the telling of emotional trauma that isn't usually addressed. From day to day, I imagine that many folks are saddled with living with someone who exhibits these mental health problems and are affected greatly in their lives.

You've done a fine job telling this story, the husband's trauma and awakening to reality.

Thank you for writing. This story had no glaring errors that I saw and it was a smooth read in that respect. 5*

Best regards,

-Pultoy

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 9 years ago
Finally!

It’s all well and good that her actions are caused by her condition. But then, when he tries to get her to get some help for her condition she explodes.

"Yes, you fucking prick. Yes! Is that what you want to hear?!"

HE’S a “fucking prick”? You’ve been fucking around with his wife and YOU’RE mad at HIM?!

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 9 years ago
Responses

@Anonymous 05/24/14 RE: Boxing

Of COURSE that would be okay, because presumably he would know about, even have the chance to join in if he was so inclined, and able to voice any objections he might have.

Instead she gets a secret Email id, pursues her BDSM hobby behind his back, plays SEXUAL bondage games with another man, a mutual friend, no less. So you don’t think he has a right to divorce her for that? Like she wouldn’t divorce HIM, with extreme prejudice, if HE played sexual bondage games, say with Kerri, even if they didn’t fuck?

@Anonymous 05/24/14 RE: Divorce and Mentally Ill

The problem with not divorcing, is how can you be sure she will be faithful to her drug regimen? And she may not have had intercourse, but she was still playing sexual games, and I repeat from my earlier response, do you honestly believe she would excuse HIM play playing sexual bondage games just because there was no intercourse?

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 8 years ago
Second time through...

Thanks for the offering.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Crap!!!!!

Took him long enough to figure it out!

WHAT SHIT!

repojonesrepojonesalmost 6 years ago
You can't please everybody!!!

Don't let peoples comments bother you , you're a excellent writer keep doing you....

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
The bell rings

Why the hell didn't he beat the crap out of Stan? A friend's betrayal is bad enough, but with his wife is unthinkable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
@ 26thNC

Did you not read the chapter? It says why he doesn't hit Stan. He loses big time by beating the ever loving crap out of Stan.

beretta84beretta84about 5 years ago
i knew...

it was Stan the whole time. but, i want to know how it started. did Elle or Stan start it?

what kind of sexual contact did they have? how long did it go on? who bought the toys? why didn't they play at Stan's house?

great story, BTW.

TreymonTreymonabout 5 years ago
Not realistic or informed I'm afraid

The problem is the bureacratic comittees that were created layer after layer as solutions and became like all bureaucracies more interested in the continuance of it's own existence than in solving a problem.

TheUnoriginalistTheUnoriginalistabout 5 years ago
Hm

I’ve probably commented before, but this is one of the best paced and realized stories on this site. It is character driven, emotive, and it knows exactly when to hold its cards close and how to finally show them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
5 Stars

Anyone who has gotten a divorce ... They know how the Wife usually gets custody . This is a very good story ..

andyinozandyinozover 4 years ago
Really well written.

Felt as though I was living it along with Rick.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Goddamn It

I told you at the end of Chapter 1 it wasn't Stan's dog at the window, but you wouldn't fucking listen and I told you about the lacerations on his wrists. The proper end to the story, divorcing her ass. I'd be thinking of Stan's house burning into the basement with him in it, now I might not do it, but then again... Got to say Elle's actions except for the bondage/domination aspects are nearly identical to what I lived through, probably a good thing in that case that the net didn't exist then. Signed: BTW

FljimFljimover 3 years ago
Really good

I haven't read a story like this on this site. Thank you. I am enjoying it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
As impotent as

King Lear...

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman10 months ago

fascinating that a child, thru CPS can have a protection order against her care giver, and get a court appointed lawyer. Baby siters too?

bobareenobobareeno6 months ago

The interplay with Stan painted the MC as much too stupid. Here was a font of information, and he killed it with his actions.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Very sad but very well written. The internal dilemma, the coming to grips with his wife's mental disease, the family court system, and the emotional dialog: all highly realistic and emotionally charged.

And to the previous commenter, wtf good would do to be level headed and investigate Stan. It doesn't matter. It pushed him over the edge to file for a divorce. Full stop. As she is in psychiatric care and given the State of NY regarding the legal order, he gets full custody. He was already restrained not busting up Stan's face. Besides read the next chapter. This isn't some Nancy Drew mystery. This read like a tortured man going through hell in a dying marriage due to his wife's destabilizing mental health.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES