All Comments on 'It's Only the Rain'

by darkoverlord6

Sort by:
  • 20 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Thank You

This is a wonderful story, well crafted and well written, Thank you very much. Please keep writing and posting here.

Thomas DrablézienThomas Drablézienover 4 years ago
A different twist...

I liked it very much

MojomaggieMojomaggieover 4 years ago
Clever!

Nice twist there at the end with the clouds. So we are left not knowing if she saved him in real life, or if she merely pulled him inside her head and is now in a coma herself, in which everything works out perfectly in the end. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
So happy that you wrote this

So happy that you wrote this. Hoping it turned out the way you wanted. I was right there with them.

Lone_HawkLone_Hawkover 4 years ago

I wish I could give this story 10 stars! I read a lot of stories and this one is probably the best. Thank you!

technofrog2002technofrog2002over 4 years ago

A very creative story. I really enjoyed it and it was the kind of story I could not put down. So far I have enjoyed all your stories I’ve read, keep up the great work.

TSreaderTSreaderover 4 years ago
Well done!

Well written and superbly put together! Thank you!

IlliterateScholarIlliterateScholarover 4 years ago
Loved it!

God, I love a romantic, happy ending! I also love the hint of her latent psychic abilities having manifest to the point she could break up the coming storm... Almost like she has been doing as much work with her mind as he has with his physical therapy.

5* from the hopeless romantic in me, and 5* from the nerd in me for the masterfully subtle use of science fiction to bring two people together across an impassable boundary.

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyover 4 years ago

Just got through the first page, made me feel like slitting my wrists. More depression than the economy.

darkoverlord6darkoverlord6over 4 years agoAuthor

Thanks for all the positive feed back! I was always a big fan of both "The Twilight Zone," and "The Outer Limits" growing up, both in their original incarnations and to a lesser degree the reboots in the nineties. I was trying to write a story that I thought would capture some of the feeling I got from watching those T.V. episodes. If you liked this one you should also try "Last One Out of Eden," it's my other Science Fiction based story.

RandyD1369RandyD1369over 4 years ago

This is one of the best stories I've read in a long time. It's a little light on sex, but the wonderful characters more than make up for that. Excellent work!

arrowglassarrowglassover 4 years ago
Very well done!

Enjoyed it!

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefalmost 4 years ago
Holy Crap!!!!

That was intense to say the least. This thing almost had me holding my breath at the end. I knew Mindy had to save Trevor, at least that's what I hope would happen. After reading the epilogue, I'm not so sure, lol.

This is a very emotional story with the combination of all the stuff going on outside of Trevor's story, spousal abuse, child abuse, domestic abuse, depression, alcoholism, adultery, sibling rivalry. Did I miss any?

After wading through so many wham-bam sex stories it was very refreshing to find a story of this caliber, almost like winning the lottery. Easy to read and follow the characters and the writing was great, made me feel like I was right there with them all the way. Thanks

rapperbsrapperbsover 3 years ago
Wow, Great Story!

Also watched many Twilight Zone stories growing up. With that being said, I dont normally read to many sci-fi stories on Lit. As I have been reading down through your stories I have had many hours of enjoyment. I thought I would take a chance and read this one. It drew me in, I couldnt stop reading it. It was a great feel good story even with a little sci-fi mixed in! Great Job and thanks for writing!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Well done... very well done...

'Last One Out...' had a very Sterling-like quality, and would have made a good Twilight Zone.

This is more Bradbury, Aasimov, maybe...

Said a bunch at the end of 'Last One...'. Would just be repeating myself if I started writing. You should do more Sci Fi, you have a talent for it.

Thanks,

GeoD

BufoAmericanusBufoAmericanusover 3 years ago
Great Story

Great Story and well written! Thanks

gopher25gopher25about 2 years ago

A bit too SciPhi-ish for my taste.

iseeyoufly1964iseeyoufly1964over 1 year ago

Great story...loved it...5 stars!!

tsgtcapttsgtcapt7 months ago

A fun, great, living story - again! Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

On a number of occasions, in this and other stories, you have used the word 'past' when you meant 'passed'.

But then, on p 8...you said 'passed'.....when you meant to use 'past'.

Too funny.....

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userdarkoverlord6@darkoverlord6
New Writer with interest in Science Fiction , Fantasy, and Horror genres. Grew up on Godzilla and Ultraman back in the Seventies. I guess Im kind of a nerd, love Star Trek, Star Wars, Doctor Who, and watching classic 1950's sci fi movies. Got into writing on Literotica as a...

SIMILAR Stories