Izzy's Choice

Story Info
With an infertile wife, Ian must father a son.
5.2k words
4.51
38k
79
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Kilty11
Kilty11
452 Followers

I was in the middle of writing a different story when I read the two recent alternatives to the MichaelFitzgerald story "Last Man". I went back and re-read the original, and it wasn't how I remembered it. While the MichaelFitzgerald original never mentions a husband for Mairi, everyone assumes there was one. I did as well. For all intents and purposes, she could have been a single mother. It got me thinking about how I saw a similar situation happening. Pretty much the only things I used was the idea of the brother-in-law wanting/needing a son at all costs to continue his name. Otherwise, this story is completely different. So for those who care, this is not a sequel or an expansion, or a companion piece. It is like my take on the 'strange car in the driveway'.

I did reach out to Michaelfitzgerald a couple times in mid-december, but never heard back.

I did read the other stories by stoneywebb, and Sbrooks, and enjoyed them both, but this story is not built off of either of those stories either. This is just my imagination telling me how I see a similar situation happening.

No sex, no violence. My MC's are not perfect, and they don't care about the moral high ground. I did get feedback and suggestions from Fritz51 and Jeff in Edmonds WA. Thanks to both. I really appreciate the encouragement I get from both. I have used some of the suggestions from both, but ultimately the decisions are mine and I take responsibility for all mistakes or problems in clarity.

*******^*******

Prologue:

Ian is a Scottish immigrant. He is very proud of his heritage and family name. He happens to be the last male in his family line. He moved to America and married Gabriella. After several years of not being able to get pregnant, they discover that Gabriella is unable to have children. Gabriella has a sister named Isabel who is married to Nick and they have two sons together. Nick is about to find out about the family plan.

******^******.

IZZY'S CHOICE

I was terrified that my wife and I had already had the last civil conversation that we would ever have. If she had a part in what this family dreamed up, I would become a single dad.

My name is Nick. I've got a story you'll have a hard time believing. Unknowingly, I married into a family of freaks. I love my wife with all of my heart, but not unconditionally. I think whenever someone says that they love their spouse unconditionally, they haven't thought through all the conditions that could arise.

I was sitting there, at the dining room table of my in-laws, having the most incredible conversation ever. It was a conversation you would only read about in 'erotic' magazines, or maybe psychology magazines that discuss dysfunctional families. I was feeling pretty shitty.

Most men are problem solvers. I think it's wired into us. I've often been told that I'm the King of problem solvers. When a problem presents itself, I have a knack for sizing it up and coming up with all the possible solutions very quickly. Of course, all the solutions are not necessarily pleasant for all involved. Some of the solutions to this problem look to be very unpleasant for me, they could make me a single dad.

I was married to the perfect woman, I thought. I figured I'd find out soon enough if I was correct. My wife wasn't at our little meeting. She'd be arriving soon, and that's when the shit would hit the fan, one way or the other. I was sitting there with my father-in-law, my mother-in-law, my sister-in-law, and her douchebag husband. Yes, technically that makes him my brother-in-law, but I'd rather not admit to that.

My wife Isabel, or Izzy, and I have been married for six years. We were both twenty when we married. We met at the company we both worked for. We hit it off immediately and were married within a year. We click. We finish each other's sentences. We finish each other's thoughts. We think the same politically, socially, and morally. The last one, morality, was about to get tested.

Isabel has an older sister, Gabriella. Gabriella was a wonderful woman and almost as perfect as Isabel. In my opinion, Gabby only had a couple of flaws. One was that she was madly in love with her husband, Ian, the aforementioned douchebag, and the other was that she is kind of airy, and submissive, to her parents and her husband. The 'airheadedness' earned her the nickname 'Cabeca' or 'Cabby' from her family. It meant 'ditzy' or something like that in Portuguese. She tries to please everyone, and it often backfires.

Izzy also had a younger sister, Elizabeth. Lizzie (I know, Izzy and Lizzy) was 18 and stunningly beautiful. A senior in high school, she was planning to attend college on the west coast the following fall.

Ian was a Scottish immigrant. That didn't make him a bad guy, some of my best friends are immigrants. What made him a bad guy was his douchebag attitude. He's always the most knowledgeable in the room. He's an expert on anything being discussed, and he's the best at anything he attempts, and it's all a result of his Scottish heritage.

When he plays soccer...I'm sorry, "football"... he is "awesome" (quotation because he actually sucks) because of his Scottish heritage. When he goes hunting, he's able to down a deer because of his 'Scottish hunting instincts'. Everything. The Scottish accent never bothered me until Ian. He thinks it's the best thing in the world and never shuts up. He believes that everyone wants to hear it...constantly.

Personally, I think Ian has a huge inferiority complex. It's hard to believe he has such a bad attitude without some underlying cause, or he's just a douchebag. When we first met, he started right away trying to prove how much superior he was. He would get sloppy drunk just to prove he was a 'better drinker'. At first, I would let those things slide, but eventually, I started getting my digs in, I couldn't help it. I'm German by heritage, so when the World Cup was being played I would ask Ian when Scotland's next game was. That always pissed him off, because Scotland hasn't qualified for the finals tournament since 1998, and has never made it out of the group stage. In the World Cup, national teams first have to qualify for the tournament, then win enough games in a round-robin group stage to make it to the knock-out stage. Germany is a perennial powerhouse in the tournament, having won the World Cup five times.

Ian would try to break my balls about Nazi Germany and I would remind him that if it weren't for America, the Scottish would be speaking German right now . I really wasn't trying to put down Scotland, I like Scotland. I don't like Ian. Ian is a douchebag.

Gabby and Ian have been married for about four years. I know they've been trying to make a baby for about two years, but it hasn't happened yet. That's something I will not break his balls about. I have, so far, been blessed with two sons, and I know how devastated I would be to find out I couldn't have kids. As much as I dislike the guy, my in-laws like him and I don't want to upset them too much.

Izzy's parents are Diego and Susan. Very nice people, but a bit ...quirky. Diego is a Portuguese immigrant and very proud of his heritage as well. The difference between Diego and Ian is that Diego isn't constantly throwing it in everyone's face. While they are very nice people, sometimes their ideas seem to be a little...off-center. I know they like me, and they love their grandchildren to death. They're constantly hinting at us to have more. OK, their hints are more like "when are you two giving us more grandkids?"

That's pretty much everything you need to know about the family when it came to our problem. Earlier that morning, Susan called our house and asked us to come over at noon, without the kids if possible. That in itself was shocking.

"Hey, Nick?"

"What's up, Sweetness? I'm in the den."

"My mom just called. She wants to know if we can go over at noon."

"Sounds good to me."

"Here's the weird thing, she doesn't want us to bring the kids," she said as she entered the den.

"That is weird. No problem, I'll call Jim and Linda and see if they can watch them for a few hours. They won't mind."

"OK, but I told Melissa I would go dress shopping with her for her sister's wedding, so I'm gonna be a little late. Do you mind if I just meet you there?"

"Nope, no problem."

"OK, Honey, I'm leaving in a few minutes, see you there."

"OK, have fun, take your time."

It was 10:30, so I called Jim and set it up for me to drop off the kids at 11:30, then prepared to leave. My kids are five and four, and Jim's kids are six and four. The four of them get along famously, so we constantly trade them back and forth when one of us has the need.

At three minutes before twelve, I pulled up in front of the in-laws. When I walked into the house, the other four were sitting at the dining room table talking in hushed tones. Lizzie wasn't there.

"Hey Nick," said Diego, "have a seat."

I sat at the far end of the table with Diego at the other end, Susan, to my left, was next to Diego, Ian was to Diego's left, opposite Susan, and Gabby was next to Ian, immediately to my right. There was an empty seat to my left, which is where Izzy would sit when she arrived.

"This seems kind of ominous," I said. "I hope everything's OK."

"Yes and no, Nick," replied Diego. "Nobody's dying, but what we need to discuss is certainly of the utmost importance."

"Wow, should we wait for Izzy? I could call her and ask her to head right over. She's dress shopping with a friend, but I'm sure she'll cut it short."

It was Susan who spoke next. "No, Nick, that's OK. I already know Izzy's thoughts on this, maybe it would be better to talk with you about this first."

I didn't like being set up by Isabel. "Wait, did Izzy know about this? Did she know you guys just wanted me here, and not her?"

"No," Susan replied quickly, "but I know my daughter and how she thinks, so it's more important we talk to you."

I looked at each person. It was clear that this meeting was about me. Susan and Diego looked happy. That was their normal look. I think they were flower children at heart, not too much phased them.

Ian looked smug. He had a really annoying smirk on his face. He obviously knew something that I didn't know, and he knew I wouldn't like it. Gabby looked nervous as shit. She was pale and holding her arms across her chest as though it were freezing, even though it was at least 75 degrees in the house.

"Before we start, let me get a soda or something," I said. I went into the kitchen and grabbed a Pepsi from the fridge, and activated the 'record' app on my Apple Watch. I went back into the dining room and sat down. "OK," I said, "this is obviously about me. Who's going first?"

"Nick," Susan started, "we have a problem. We, as a family, can solve the problem, We'd like your blessing before we do it."

There was silence for about ten seconds. "OK," I asked, "What's the problem? Maybe I can help with a solution."

"You can certainly be part of the solution," said Diego, "well Izzy will actually solve the problem, but you'll be an integral part of it as well."

"OK, how 'bout we stop beating around the bush? What's the problem?"

"Nick," Susan started, "Gabriella heard back from her fertility specialist a few days ago. She can't have children. She can't have children of her own, and can't carry a child to term." Gabby let out a small sob and clenched her arms around herself tighter.

"Gabby, (I didn't like using 'Cabby' I saw it as insulting) I am so sorry to hear that. I know how much you were hoping for children. There are other options, though. You guys could always adopt..."

Susan cut me off. "We are aware of those options, Nick. We already have a solution."

"That's great, Mom. I'm glad to hear it. If you already have a solution, what's the problem?"

"Nick, " Diego said "you're aware of Ian's ancestry. He's the last man of his name. It's important that he be able to father a son with his lineage to continue the bloodline and family name."

"Sure, Dad, I've heard that. I'm not sure what you think I can do to help, though." I was trying to keep a serious demeanor, for Gabby's sake. I really didn't give a shit about Ian's lineage or ancestry. I figured maybe his bloodline needed to die out, just in case his being a douche was hereditary.

"Well, Nick, we all understand how important this is to Ian and his clan back in Scotland, so we know the answer to the problem. It's just a matter of how best to accomplish it."

"Well'" I replied, "I would say that, perhaps, Ian should look into having a viable egg fertilized with his sperm, then implanted into a surrogate mother. Then the surrogate has his baby and the two of them, Ian and Gabby, have their child, and it will carry his blood." Seemed like a no-brainer to me, easy peasy.

Susan looked at me with a shocked look on her face. "Nick! Are you suggesting that our next grandchild be a test-tube baby?!"

"You guys told me that Ian has a problem. I just gave you a solution to the problem. Besides, it wouldn't be a test-tube..."

"But Nick, the child wouldn't carry any of OUR blood. My grandchild wouldn't really be my grandchild," she said.

I looked at her and I'm sure I had a surprised look on my face. "So you're telling me that if they go the adoption route, you wouldn't accept the child into the family?"

She realized how horrible that sounded and tried to backtrack. "Well no, that's not what I meant. But I...we think its important that the child have blood from our family as well as Ian's."

"Unfortunately, Mom, I don't see how that's possible. Unless, of course, he divorces Gabby and marries Lizzie." I was being facetious, but it went right over her head.

"No Nick, there is a way. It's Izzy that can solve the problem."

"Well," I responded, "I would have to talk to Izzy, but I guess it's possible that she could donate an egg to be fertilized, then have the egg placed in a surrogate."

"No Nick, That's too clinical and impersonal. The child needs to be created with love."

"Well, there aren't any other options," I said.

Susan was the only one talking. Everyone else was looking down at the table. "Nick, Isabel can give them the child they need. She is in the family, so our blood will be in the child. She will do this for her sister and her sister's husband."

"Susan," I replied without using 'mom'. "Just to be clear, are you suggesting that Izzy and Ian have a child together?"

"Nick, It only makes sense. The child..."

At this point, I started laughing out loud. I laughed to the point that they were all staring at me. "There is no way my wife is going to have a child with Ian."

"Nick, it's the only way this works. Isabel can get pregnant by Ian, then he and Cabby can adopt the baby. We all win."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I think my jaw was sitting on the table. "So you want my wife to be fertilized by his sperm? Just out of curiosity, who pays the bills for the artificial insemination? Not that any of this is gonna happen, but who would go into the room during childbirth? If I'm not the father, is Ian going to go through all the pregnancy stuff with Izzy, or just jerk off into a cup, and then wait for the kid to be born?" I was still laughing.

Susan was still the only one talking, which made me believe this was her idea. "Nick, this isn't funny. Ian needs to continue his bloodline and family name, and we want the baby to have our blood. Since Cabby can't have kids of her own, this way she would still be raising a child of her blood. We've all discussed this and this is the only way. Everybody wins."

"Susan, you didn't answer my question about who was paying the bill." No more laughing. This was getting serious. I already knew that I would not allow my wife to do this, but I wanted to hear their plan. I was recording this.

"Well, you have good insurance that would pay for everything..."

"Then I would have to be listed as the father."

"Well, yes. Then after the baby is born, you and Isabel will put the baby up for adoption for Ian and Cabby."

"Sorry, my wife isn't going through the artificial insemination process for this."

"She won't have to, Nick. The baby will be conceived through love like every baby should be."

Now I was getting pissed. The gloves were coming off and I was much less concerned about hurting feelings. "Wait... you expect me to let this asshole fuck my wife!?"

"Nick! There is no need to be so vulgar!..."

"Stop Susan! Do NOT get on some fuckin high horse! You're talking about pimping out my wife! How about this, pimp out Lizzie instead!"

"That won't work, there would be too many questions about the pregnancy, and it would interfere with college."

"Well, I'm glad to see you put some thought into this! What am I supposed to do while he's fucking my wife? Do I sit home and run her a bath and rub her belly later that night? Is there some kind of Scottish rite I should perform after he fucks her to make sure she gets knocked up?! Do I get to fuck Gabby while he's fucking Izzy? When Izzy is at the stage where sex isn't possible, do I get to keep fucking Gabby, or maybe you Susan? What about you, are you part of the deal? Do I get a turn at you? What do you think Diego? You're awfully quiet down there!"

"Look, Nick, I don't like this any more than you do..."

"I beg to differ, Diego," no more 'mom and dad' for me, "I'm pretty sure no one here likes this any less than me! I notice that none of you are answering any of my questions!"

For the first time, Gabby spoke. She spoke very quietly, with tears slowly running down her face. "Nick, this was not my idea, but I will do anything to give Ian the son he needs. I don't want him sleeping with Izzy either, but if that is the way it has to happen, I'll do anything to make it possible. If you need me to sleep with you..."

Ian finally found his voice. "No way! There is no way HE is having sex with my wife!"

"What's wrong, buddy? Don't wanna swap?"

"This is not about swapping! This is about the miracle of childbirth and the continuation of my clan's name! There is no reason for you to make love to Cabby!"

"Don't worry, buddy, we won't be making love. I plan on being rough with her. You know, just pounding away! Maybe if I'm rough enough, she'll get pregnant with MY kid." My sarcastic nature was coming through. These people had planned out the destruction of my marriage, I was going out with a bang.

"Nick, please stop, this is not helping. Cabby feels bad enough..." said Susan.

"Gabby is the only one in this room I feel bad for! You people are ready to destroy my marriage in order to give this asshole a son? What the fuck makes her marriage any more important than her sister's marriage? You people are sick! I swear to God I will be telling everyone I see about your sick plan. I will post it on every social media page I can find, every building, every store, church, you name it! Hell, maybe you people could make a business of it! 'Willing To Whore Out Our Daughters...for the right cause'. I can't believe Izzy thought I would be OK with this! She knows how I feel about...wait, IS Izzy in on this? Does she know?"

"Izzy knows how important it is for Cabby to give Ian a son. I know she will be on board with this, one hundred percent. This family sticks together. We help each other, and Isabel will too. This is not your decision to make, Nick. I know how hard this is for you, but you will see that this is the best way, and it will all work out."

"Susan, perhaps I haven't made myself clear. Izzy will not be doing this as my wife. You're right, she can do this without my blessing, but if she goes through with it, we will get divorced." Gabby let out a sob. "I won't agree to this no matter what you offer me. No amount of sex with Gabby, or you, or Lizzy, could make me agree with this. If Izzy agrees to this, my connection with this family is over. My children will know exactly what you wackos have done to their parent's marriage so that the asshole over there could have a son."

Kilty11
Kilty11
452 Followers
12