All Comments on 'Jack and the Boat Trip'

by Jalibar62

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
miket0422miket04228 months ago

Wow. Great story. Loved using the stalker to keep this from being nothing more than a stroke story.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Hooked! Hooked is the only word. I love your knowledge of sailing and boats and throwing in the intrigue, well wow! Now I have to read the rest of your offerings. Thank you for an excellent story.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Liked this one... Will it continue?

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

You are a story writer

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Nice build in that story! Now, all’s I need is an uncle that wills me a trawler and some dough.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Wonderful story with plenty of drama as well as excellent characters. A sequel is warranted. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

The stalker was so over the top, it didn't work for me. He saw her in passing and risked everything to go out with her?

Davester37Davester378 months ago

This is a nice story with some interesting characters having fun in a delightful setting. I agree that the stalker is too much. It just doesn’t ring true to me.

Even with that said, I enjoyed reading it, so thank you for writing and thank you for sharing your work.

Jalibar62Jalibar628 months agoAuthor

@Anonymous: All we know about the stalker is from the point he entered the story. Who knows how long he'd been watching her before that?

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I enjoyed this story. The MC was believable. The Stalker was more of a plot device than a character but he provided sufficient motivation for the two sex scenes. Although you could imagine a similar set of events unfolding without the antagonist as the MC already is a heroic figure and all around good guy. Hope there’s more to read.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Disagree on the stalker. He added intrigue and depth to the plot. Well written and in the context of the contest. unlike many of the National Nude Day offerings.

wwaldripwwaldrip6 months ago

Great story, enjoyed reading it and loved the suspense of the stalker

lookn4Love2lookn4Love26 months ago

Excellent. I thought the stalked added a lot of depth to the story.

IC_Thru_UIC_Thru_U4 months ago

Great story, hot sex scenes. I feel the stalker could of had more of an appearance, maybe sneaking on the boat ending with some kind of confrontation.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Thank you for the story.

I'm a romantic at heart and I like reading about people's feelings and how they grow and change. When you add a stalker into it and force characters together, it creates a catalyst that either skips steps in a relationship or makes it "easier". You made it easier to write, but you also "robbed" your readers of that experience where the characters bridge it together on their own. At least those readers, like myself, that like that kind of thing. Quite possibly, I'm too negative about it because it seems like authors these days go way too much for outside danger plot device: stalkers, muggers, rapists and so on there only so hero can save the day. To me it cheapens the story because it's a shortcut and because I feel the author could've done and should've done better and getting characters together on their own would have been more interesting. More difficult to write too. I mean, I'm just giving my two cents, and you are not a professional writer, but I say this not to complain, but in order to motivate you to do even better.

Story was great otherwise, and I'm looking forward to see more from you.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJalibar62@Jalibar62
4/12/24: 2nd draft just went out for edit. It's not quite so short any more. 3/2/24: Nearing completion of a short (for me) romance.

SIMILAR Stories