All Comments on 'Jack Bell: Redux Ch. 02'

by Blue88

Sort by:
  • 149 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I agree with most commenters

you rush most of the endings of your stories, is like you get tired of writting then and all of the sudden you wrap it up things in two parragraphs.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Oh well.......

Just like I expected. After the Karen series I was afraid this would happen. I can appreciate a long term relationship recovering from a one time slip. But, what Karen did was not a one time slip. It was planned and acted on with the intent to continue. This was all done without regard for her marriage. I don't care what led her to this conclusion. Whatever psycho babble was used to explain her issue has no bearing other than to help her understand why she did it. Jack is defined as loyal, understanding and honest. He is also very black and white. So while a friendship with Karen would be understandable he would never continue a relationship with more. (maybe friends with benefits but, not exclusive). By rushing the end a very good story seems unfinished. And by allowing them to reconcile back into a permanent relationship puts this into fiction and not reality. But, as I have said before very well written and creative. Just need to realize that actions have effects and not everyone gets the fairy tale ending nor do they deserve it. rate total story a 4 to 4.5. rate the last section a 2 to 2.5.

coredencoredenover 6 years ago
Another satisfying story by a gifted writer

I love your stories under whatever name and particularly the happy endings

user110user110almost 6 years ago
these endings, man!

they're so abrupt!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

If a circus clown could become the president of the United States, it must also be possible to find someone who will call Blue88 a great writer.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
NFW!

I agree with Anonymous 01/02/18

Mauser45Mauser45over 5 years ago
This was a cop-out

All the promise of a new life away from a whore, and he ends up in an RAAC situation. Matt Moreau, is that you?

1* Un-fucking-believable!!

Martyr2002Martyr2002over 5 years ago
Only Blue88

Hold take a character traits like integrity, morality, and fidelity & turn them into Character Flaws

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Good story

It did end a little quickly after all the build up for the finale. I.Like how you brought all this people together for a coherent story.

danoctoberdanoctoberabout 5 years ago
The story works...

...because the wife was foolish but not an evil character. She got professional help, recognized the error of her ways, and was truly remorseful. The husband still loved her and was miserable without her. With the love they still had for each other, the ending reached an appropriate conclusion. *****

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 5 years ago
Improbable, but very good.

I do like a happy ending. Excellent end to the whole story.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago

I had forgotten that ending. Turned out pretty good after all.

WargamerWargamerabout 4 years ago

So glad u finished this tale properly. Well done!!!

QuintiusQuintiusalmost 4 years ago
Blue88 lost the plot somewhere

I was alright with a reconciliation story... but that kind of wasn't what this was. The first chapter of JB: Redux was decent. We got a handle on what happened in both Jack and Karen's lives, Jack got some hot sex from a slut, Karen got some therapy that let her realize what a selfish idiot she'd evolved into, Jack sold his business and retired rich... Nice set up for a reconciliation story, really. We got to see Jack sow some wild oats, affirm he was still capable of attracting and satisfying a beautiful woman (sorta), and realize that wild sex with a hot slut is nice but not fulfilling the way making love to his soul mate was. On Karen's side we got to see her realize that she'd destroyed something truly beautiful, that she regretted it completely, that she didn't want to waste her time on meaningless relationships, and that she would do anything for a chance to atone and try to win the love of her life back.

Then the plot went on this weird, unimportant, and frankly boring tangent in which the gorgeous slut Jack was boning turned out to be a con artist (shocking) and he decided to lead her on to... what, teach her a lesson? The feds were already on her case, so why didn't he just tell her it was fun fucking her and go back to enjoying the beach? Then, for plot reasons, the slut's partner turns out to be a rapist who drugs and fucks Karen. Watta coinkidink! So, rather than use this clusterfuck of a plot device to fuel the reconciliation between Jack and Karen, Blue88 decides to just... end the story. What, did they get bored? Ignoring the ridiculous idea that the cops and medical team wouldn't rush Karen to the hospital after she'd been drugged and raped, why would the story just end there? Jack didn't even say anything when Karen asked why he had shown up, he just shrugged! How is this a good ending?

Sorry, Blue88, ya dun dropped the ball on this one. It was shaping up to be a very meaningful, cathartic confrontation and reconciliation and instead it became a completely different, much less interesting story. Such a shame.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Absolute nonsense

This story and your work in general is terrible, delighted to see you stopped writing years ago, as clearly your are just writing out your fantasies and to hell with logic.

There was no reason for him to try to uncover anything about Mariah let alone go to Philly with her, what for ?? He knows she is a scammer, just tell her to duck off he was not interested and for her to leave him alone. He is not a detective, he does not need to go uncover the plot and her accomplishes.This plot is useless and silly.

Everything is so stupidly convenient Sara going out with her ex husband, Sara lecturing him to get back with his ex wife because she is such a good person. Wtf does she know about Karen, seriously, she actually does not even know Jack the husband, also. All he did was meet her to say his wife was having an affair with her husband. How convenient the ad agency that was needed to be hired is Karen's. Do you see how stupid this all is. O and she gets raped and the husband gets to witness it of course before he goes back to her with his tail between his legs.

Also Sherlock, police and an ambulance crew don't let a woman who was raped and drugged just stay at home. They take her to the hospital to check what drugs are in her system and to have check her over, then they want to wait to get a statement. Anything could be in her system that could kill her or she could have internal damage from you know, the guy raping her.

Just riddled with plot holes and condensed conveniences. Just all round poor writing. If you were not so lazy, you could of fleshed it out properly, but you just wanted these last two chapters to add your rape scene and make sure he goes back to her. The rest of the plot is bull and the set up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
NOPE!

Just another pathetic RAAC story!

MarkT63MarkT63over 3 years ago

RAAC CUCK stories make me sick... Try giving the male leads a spine???

LoejtcLoejtcover 3 years ago

Should have left well enough alone. This was contrived, convoluted, unnecessary and disappointing.

JonDoe315JonDoe315over 3 years ago

i wish some authors would let us know if this was a RAAC type story or warning like some authors do at the start of the story.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 3 years ago

"the woman he was having dinner with was in fact, his ex-wife" - Well, duh! Even without Hank's info, he's having dinner with Mariah Clarkson. Jerry Clarkson is telling him about his ex-wife Mariah. Jack would have to be an idiot to have to be told that his dinner date was Jerry's ex-wife.

\

Sigh, Jack's divorce wasn't just about the one-time slip, it was about her expecting him to be a cuckold.

\

Ruined the whole thing with the reconciliation.

BigDee44BigDee44almost 3 years ago

The reconciliation is just fine. We are all unequivocally entitled to our feelings. They are ours and belong to each of us. To critics who decry taking someone back, forgiveness is a requirement for you to get past the hurt you feel.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

The second part of this story takes a detour that didn't quite mesh with the main Jack/Karen theme but was enetertaining enough in its own right.

What does amaze me about so many of these cheating wife stories is that the husband chooses to wallow in his misery, ruthlessly avoiding any form of introspection because introspection hurts, whereas the wife willingly pushes herself through the pain barrier in order to better understand who she is and why she did what she did.

Is the author trying to tell us something about the true nature of cowardice?

Or are men just not as tough as they like to think the are and women not as weak?

LA

GrimmerGrimmerover 2 years ago

I can see the minor disconnect between the original chapters and this “redux”. Unfortunately the manner you took getting to the reconciliation was at best a broken trail. It didn’t mesh with the original tale. If Karen had just had an affair without the attempt to deliberately turn him into a cuck, okay. But it wasn’t. This kind of ruins the ending.

WargamerWargamerover 2 years ago

Read it again, it was a RAAC, but in a nice romantic way. Regraded from 1/5 to 3/5.

furrycarl1956furrycarl1956over 2 years ago

Ended too quickly. No redemption.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Extremely weak ending... sounds like the author got tired of the story and truncated it... quickly.

SAV12SAV12over 2 years ago

Well the ending stunk right after the arrest of Frank. What was the hurry? 4.5****

SexecutionerSexecutionerover 2 years ago

I knew it, another high rating from the Anonymous Literotica Cuck Army.

The writer felt uneasy about how his story previously ended. So instead of all those words, just announce to us that you're allowing your inner cucky boy out of the closet.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I'm sorry, but if a wife asks you to accept her affair, then she should become MiracleGrow fertilizer. Period.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This was an excellent ending for your story "Karen." I love your writing style. I can't believe the nasty comments that some obviously mentally sick people post. I think Literotica would do well to eliminate them from the site. I write (not here) and know how fragile our emotions are when we pour ourselves into our stories and the vile comments posted here keep writers like myself from posting our work on this site.

Martyr2002Martyr2002almost 2 years ago

Bullshit no one leaves a drugged out rape victim to wake up in their apartment or home. She would have been taken to the hospital.

With RAACs being your specialty you would have thought you would be better at writing them

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I think jerry is in for a terrible marriage if his wife thinks so little of a fling in the context of a 'happy' marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I think any author that writes a reconciliation to end a story like this is in la la land..SHE CHEATED on him in the worse way.No way would any husband take her back unless he was desperate to be married or totally deprived of sex.Wow you have low opinion of the average husband/male to do such an ending..

KiwihunterKiwihunterover 1 year ago

To all the anonymous wimps who keep going on about RAAC. Do you realise that RAAC stands for reconciliation at all costs. The reconciliation in these stories isn't at all costs. There are good reasons for reconciliation. Much more than being a miserable wimp who can't get over there own egotistical desires to hurt everyone they can. Pride is a mortal sin for those stupid enough to believe in the big fallacy in the sky. Pride comes before the fall.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I disagree with those commenters why say his pride was a mortal sin. Pride is what you have in what you have accomplished with a marriage, children, as well as professional life. That is, pride in how you lived and who you lived it with: wife, children, friends. So feeling betrayed by 'your other half' isn't terrible in that context. It's not a false pride if it's earned. Those commenters confuse pride with the ability to forgive. It's not pride to react angrily, even vengefully at such betrayal. It takes time for most hurt to pass, along with the anger, and it's the memory of that pride in the good things of a marriage that can lead to the forgiveness. Most husband are proud of their loving wives. And in most cases, they do forgive, at least eventually. It doesn't mean the marriage survives necessarily, but forgiveness is necessary to keep the positive memories of the past. Forgiveness is proper just as it is proper for the offending spouse to sincerely demonstrate remorse.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Story plot went all over the please in these two sequels. First off this chapter should not be labeled Lovingly Wives but Nonconsent/Reluctance. Karen was viciously raped by the predator Frank using GHB or something similar. Some readers find that subject matter repulsive and should be warned appropriately. Second, the fact that the same 6 or 8 people are all interconnected across the country seems crazy. Mariah is actually Margaret who divorced and conmed Jerry who marries Sarah who divorced Jim Bielsen who fucked and seduced Karen who cheated on and was divorced by Jack. And oh yeah Mariah's paramour and fellow con artist is the predator Frank who happens to cross paths with Karen via her publicity company and rapes her. I think I got that right. Huh? Sounds more like drama in a high school graduating class with a small number of students who graduated and never left a small sleepy town than a transcontinental set of relationships. Third, if you want to force a RAAC with Jack and Karen (and yes they are both miserable and Karen has gotten therapy and realizes she was a self centered, brain dead bitch), then maybe try to lessen the degree of her betrayal. Compare this to Esther on your other story "A Study in Scarlet", where through various circumstances, Esther, who had committed infidelities (but not adultery) and was going to commit adultery (one time and with assuredly massive guilt afterwards) while under the severe influence of alcohol and a predator, gets skewered and ghosted and divorced and is beyond penitent for her betrayal of an Old Testament husband. Esther did nothing close to Karen, who didn't just cheat with Jim the asshole but also made her hideous ultimatum about continuing a "brief" affair. Esther and John deserve a reconciliation and it wasn't even a RAAC. This RAAC between Karen and Jack is hard to swallow other than both parties are miserable. If you want a great story of reconciliation where the wife cheats (one time) and was tricked into and is then raped but rescued by her separated husband, read DT_Iverson's "Pictures Never Lie". That is a damn good and intense story. Anyways this story is well written but the sequels really meandered and forced a hard tonswallow RAAC. At least they end up happy again because apparently they were soul mates split apart by the immense betrayal of Karen when she (for a short time) thought only with her vagina.

RimmerdalRimmerdalabout 1 year ago

Follows the typical.

"I write and write till I'm tired of the story. Well I'll take a couple of sentences or paragraphs and close this out."

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

What a boring and uninspired ending

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Initially, a nicely woven and complex story that actually pulled me along...until you added the truly idiotically fatal RACC trope.

Jesus, will writers her EVER learn that makes your story taste like stale cardboard.

Read Todd 172 and Saddletramp and find out how it should be done. I have read so many, hundreds, of stories here and 99% are trope ridden, rationally ridiculous, look alike and predictably boring copies or spin offs of each other.

If you are going to write BE ORIGINAL, unique and provide a story line that reflects would people would do in reality.

Please, either evolve your writing or stop bother the reader population with this type of material.

Alas, you just lost a reader.

oldtwitoldtwitabout 1 year ago

I did like it, bit formulated plot that started out really good but ended not quite right.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I enjoyed it! I think the main characters went through a growth path and became better versions of themselves. Thanks for this!

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

For all you people talking about tropes and whatnot, this story was written 18 years ago. It was one of the stories that was "copied" from. Maybe your complaining says more about you than it does the story. If you're bored, go find something else to do. Bicycling is fun and healthy.

gprevgprev8 months ago

The ending was very hurried and lacking.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

This ended up as a meandering, interconnected, and abrupt RAAC. Contrast "A Study in Scarlet" by same author, the author's best story arc, all 4 chapters, with this long arc including these last two chapters. Compare the crazy betrayal of Karen to the infidelity of Esther (she would have committed adultery under intense influence of alcohol and with a foundation set by many months of poor communication and sniping between her and her husband). In fact there is no comparison. If Karen had come clean on her one time lustfilled tryst with Jim Bielsen, and NOT with her insane ultimatum, there might have been hope. But she went completely off the reservation because she had become completely self centered and felt entitled to have a "brief", purely physical affair. Huh? Jack had no choice but to divorce her. Contrast with Esther. If her hsuband had not witnessed her makeup and 2nd base session while enormously intoxicated with the predator Jim (who was seeking pay back for a slight 20 years ago, enabled by her extremely low alcohol tolerance, which some women have), yes she would have had a one night stand and felt unbelievably guilty afterwards and confessed to her husband or at least cut all ties with the predator, who stated to himself that he wanted to make her "his slut", wasn't going to remotely happen. Unfortunately her husband was been predisposed to assume that she was already cheating for months beforehand (not true at all) and went looking for evidence and instead of intervening at an appropriates time, lost all agency, and decided he needed a divorce because she would have slept with the asshole if he did not show up. The problem is he could not get the scene out of his head and he was pretty damn old school about perfect fidelity (certain she had committed several infidelities that evening in the restaurant). So why the comparison. Esther and her ex husband actually reconcile after she undergoes cancer surgery and he gets his head screwed on straight after being given a cogent re-examination by friends (Patty & Irene). Here Jack is lonely, Karen is drugged and raped and they just agree on a RAAC. It is the author's story buf the author wants people to accept a RAAC or reconciliation, then scale down the betrayal. Karen's infatuation in consummation physical sex with Jim Bielsen was bad enough as an obsession, but her ultimatum was so heinous and humiliating (she really showed her stupidity and entitlement) that no reconciliation is plausible. Only a desperate RAAC. Maybe the RAAC was tacked on later as an afterthought. "A Study in Scarlet" was a much better story from same author.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Attorney - client confidentiality?

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19695 months ago

that happy ending was a bit of a stretch to me. still, fun story even with any issues I may have had with it.

LacastrianLacastrian5 months ago

How the hell did you think this was a good idea?

SmugglerjimSmugglerjimabout 2 months ago

4 stars ... I really enjoyed both parts untill it came to the ending which I found to be rather rushed. The whole story was working towards reconciliation then inside a few sentences it's ended....

AnonymousAnonymous28 days ago

I know in day and age things are VERY lax with normal procedures...but, really a rape without a trip to collect dna samples

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous