Jackariah Kress' Adventures Ch. 01

Story Info
Kress begins his work at a foreign land.
1k words
4.2
1.3k
00
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Jackariah Kress' Adventures

Chapter 1

By Noobwriter96

*** This story series would have focus on world building and characters. There would be plenty of sex scenes later on. But for now this chapter would just be setting up the world for our main character.

**Thank you for your time.

Jackariah Kress eagerly awaited for their ship to dock. His stomach did somersaults and he had to stop himself from noticing how the younger passengers, especially those who had not much experience travel by boat, leaning over the rail, emptying The contents of their stomach out into the acrid sea. Every passing second was agony. He watched as the port came closer and closer. If he had been in better spirits he would have been astonished, jubilant even, at the sight that lay before him.

He envied those who had little trouble. They hoisted their children on their shoulders and eagerly awaited the end of their month long journey out in the open ocean.

In the time that passed for the ship to dock, Jack must've lost blacked out. He struggled to hoist himself upward and the sight that greeted him was no longer the wide open expanse of the ocean but the steady straddling of the foreign port he had so long wanted to reach.

Half the entire passengers had already disembarked and Jack longed to feel good, hard land beneath his feet.

A month at sea had acclimated his legs to the constant swaying of the waters. A small smile broke out of his lips.

Strange. Mightily oddly strange, Jack thought.

It was so odd, so strange, as if some giant hand had cut a swathe of the port of his homeland and put it out here in this far off distant land. Jack had but a simple instruction for directions among his papers, one he clung to like a sailor holding a lifeline. His heartbeat rang loudly against his chest, threatening to burst out.

Fear and excitement intermingled with his blood. Nowhere was the towering mortar and stone structures of his homeland, the buildings were low but by no means ungrand. The city lay out of the city was uneven to say, there was the visible incline of what used to be rolling hills in the past but now turned into the living land of tens of thousands of inhabitants. Much of their structures were low but what they lack in height they made up for in expansiveness. Logs running to and fro, etched with ornate carvings. A visible indication of wealth and status.

Blood ran to his ears as he saw what the women were wearing. A single swathe of cloth was all that they wore on their upper torso, revealing their midriff for the world to see. It seems they were far more comfortable with such displays in their culture. And most probably a practical function too, what with the very humid environment of the land.

Perhaps that was the case, because he felt sweltering in his own clothes. He had hoped for things to be formal. Hence he dressed in this stifling formal wear. He took off his coat and headed farther inward of the bustling metropolis.

Jack's doubts of his own inexperience gnawed at him. He was twenty years of age. He felt like a belligerent youth. And even more so as he found his eyes trailing after the swaying hips of the women here.

He passed by a great river that broke out into the ocean. It caught his attention with the fact that he can see clearly beneath the crystalline lime-green waters, despite the fact that they were within what appears to be a bustling area.

Jack just stood there, enjoying the moment, with the cool breeze and the gentle rustling of the waters. As his eyes were watching the scenery, they were snagged at a group of women on the opposite side of the river. He didn't need to see his reflection to be aware of the fact that his cheeks might as well be cherry red. On the other side of the river lay a group of women, doing a variety of choirs. From washing their clothes or just netting some fish. But the thing that caught the most would be the group that boldly washed themselves naked in the river banks. No one stopped to stare, save for him perhaps.

He snapped out of it and forced himself to leave, otherwise his new manager would wonder as to why he would be late.

Their supposed outpost in this strange and was but a meager little stone quarter. It is but two stories tall. Three if you could count the small third upper floor that you could not even stand in.

His colleague was an older gentlemen by the name of Sir Reginald. He had done much. But there were other companies. With far better holdings in the region. The company does well enough it seems. Could have done better. But Sir Reginald had told him with the way things are. Being so far away from the strict policing of the Ministry of Tradely Conduct., some have taken to a more aggressive approach.

Matching and acclimating and taking liberties of the rather aggressive law of the land.

Jack was afraid. Such responsibility and the idea of death. He clenched his fists as if willing to let fear go away. But he could not deny. But fear was not the only thing that flowed through him. But also excitiemedn.t, and resolve. He had wished test himself. The idea of being in the office work. Day in and day out. He feared that he would ever get to do anything and before he realized it. Grow old of a sudden. Here he was now. Thousands upon thousands of leagues away from home. He wanted a challenge. To see the world and all its mysteries and wonders.

It would not be easy but neither was he backing down.

He faked a confident smile he did not truly feel.