James and Eleanor Pt. 02: Discovery

Story Info
A change in the weather brings other changes with it.
4.1k words
4.33
1.5k
1
0

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 07/22/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The winter and early spring seemed endless, as one cold, grey, wet day gave way to the next and a constant armada of heavy, saturated clouds rolled across the landscape, delivering their unremitting message of damp misery. Eleanor, usually the picture of a calm and placid young woman, was beginning to fray at the edges and to hanker after warmth and sunshine, whilst even the very strong and self-controlled James was actively considering succumbing to her persistent, if discreet, hints that they should send Sophie to her aunt for a week and escape to the warmth of the Indian Ocean. In reality, neither of them really wanted to be parted from her, but the rising damp does, on occasions, distort one's reasoning!

As for the adored child herself, the weather had meant that her parents had been compelled to spend even more time than usual in liaising with friends in the same position, who were seeking safe and healthy outlets for the rapidly growing force fields that were confined to barracks. The cruellest aspect of all was that there had not even been any decent frosts or snowfalls!

Eleanor was sure she heard James use an extremely unparliamentary word just after the ten o'clock news one Monday evening in April, when a cluster of bright yellow smiling faces suddenly appeared on the weather map. Whether born of incredulity or sheer frustration, neither of them seemed in the least bit willing to accept this tantalising promise from a weatherman who, quite unjustifiably, had even started to earn pariah status in some of the tabloid newspapers as the constant harbinger of climatic woe! Nevertheless, on this occasion, optimism emerged the victor in the battle with cynicism and James subdued his deep misgivings and decided to take the weatherman at his word.

James folded his newspaper, rose from his old leather armchair and walked the short distance to where Eleanor was nestling comfortably on the sofa, legs tucked under her, with a book in her hand that was proving an effective antidote to the meteorological depression outside, with a matching psychological situation indoors. James knelt for a moment at her side, ran his hand slowly under her hair at the nape of her neck and stroked the soft skin very lightly and tenderly. Eleanor tried to mask the frisson she always felt when the man she adored started to push her buttons and simply carried on reading, with just the faintest of smiles on her lips.

"Eleanor," whispered James, "why don't we take a gamble and book into a quiet country hotel somewhere next weekend, whilst Sophie is away with the Brownies. We could get out for a couple of good long walks and blow the cobwebs away!"

Eleanor put her bookmark in the page, silently berating James lovingly in her mind for always choosing the best moments in the narrative to come along with his interruptions, and turned to him. She removed her glasses and rested one of the arms on her lower lip for a moment or two as she pondered. She then turned to her husband, smiled at him and said: "Do you know, James, that is a really good idea. It would be wonderful to get out into a different setting for a while and convince ourselves that things are going to get better!"

James rose, kissed Eleanor on her forehead and left the room. Eleanor heard the murmur of his deep voice from the far end of the hall, but could not tell what he was saying. Sensing that he would be back fairly soon with some news, she decided not to carry on reading for the time being and to allow the imminent dénouement in the intricate plot of the story to continue to exercise its tension on her mind.

As predicted, James soon returned, smiling very contentedly, and announced that they would be leaving on Friday for a favourite small hotel and would be enjoying a couple of days of well-earned escape and refreshment in the National Park, relishing what would, at this time of year, be the relative solitude of long, quiet valleys and moorland hills.

James almost chided himself for his cynicism the next morning, when he drew the curtains back to look out at lush greenery in rich early morning sunlight. Large drops of moisture glinted on the ivy alongside their bedroom window and a low mist hung over the lawns and the adjoining meadows, whilst the trees of the neighbouring woodland thrust their crowns ecstatically up from the murky haze into the bright early sunshine. James took a very deep breath and opened the curtains slightly, allowing the furnishings and fabrics to show off their colours and textures in a way they had not done for months.

Eleanor blinked and rubbed her eyes as James placed a cup of Darjeeling tea at her side. Then she sat up bolt upright for a moment before leaping out of bed and rushing over to the window. She stood for a few moments and drank in the sight that greeted her and she felt her spirits rise. James watched her from the bed and kept a firm grip on his reactions as he admired the lovely shape of his wife's young body through the silky semi-transparent fabric of her nightdress. His eyes embraced her beauty and admired those feminine curves that kindled such fire within him.

Eleanor turned round, smiling brightly, then her expression switched to a slightly hesitant, almost naughty girl, grin as she read her husband's mind, a skill she had mastered almost to perfection very soon after they were married. Eleanor put the tip of the first finger on her right hand over the corner of her mouth and looked at James with an innocent expression that was one of the keys that almost gave her control over her man. James decided, for the time being, to remain seated, drinking his tea and maintaining an expression, a totally misleading one, of complete composure.

Their eyes met and Eleanor walked slowly towards James, with a widening grin. James put his cup and saucer down on the bedside table and was about to stand up when the sound of young feet came noisily along the corridor outside their room and a well-learned knock was heard on the door. Eleanor and James smiled at one another and sighed. Was this why the adored child outside their door had no siblings?

The whole atmosphere in the village changed during that week, as people began to come out of hibernation and the postman was even to be heard whistling between his high speed entrance and exit along the gravel drive. Suddenly, the Spring had truly arrived and, in a remarkably short time, the ground was beginning to dry out somewhat. The lawns were fringed with the whites and shades of yellow of hundreds of daffodils and the flower beds were a cheerful, colourful sight as the late crocuses bloomed. Eleanor felt a true joie de vivre for the first time in ages and really began to look forward to the coming weekend.

Friday morning was only just organised, since Eleanor was not finding it all that easy to get into gear for the trip. In addition, she had not quite finished making the necessary preparations for Sophie. However, by early afternoon, just before she left to pick her daughter up from school, everything was finally ready and, miraculously, was completely dry after a late wash.

By four o'clock, one excited child was fed, watered and packed up, ready to join a sizeable group of her female peers for a weekend of adventure. Eleanor packed Sophie's little rucksack and case and stood for a moment to admire her smart child. The click of the digital camera recorded this momentous initiation into the life of an adventuress and within moments, the two people dearest to James's heart were well on their way to the village hall.

It was only fleeting, but a stabbing pain seared Eleanor's mind as she waved to Sophie when the coach pulled away from the kerb and set off down the road with its exuberant and extremely noisy young passengers. As Eleanor watched Sophie waving from the rear window, in the middle of a row of bright, fresh faces, an awful sense of déjà vu gripped her heart icily and, instinctively, Eleanor reached round and gently massaged one side of her shapely rear as she waved with the other hand.

The moment passed and the chill grip relaxed, then faded, but Eleanor suddenly found her mind wandering down a new track, as she recalled that evening when she had bent obediently across the bed whilst her husband had laid the cane firmly across her buttocks. A familiar sensation of butterflies returned as Eleanor climbed into the Range Rover and headed home. Deep inside her mind, embryonic ideas were forming and Eleanor felt herself drawn in such a way that she began to feel the strangest sensations.

When she reached home, James was already back and was collecting walking boots and rambling gear for the coming weekend. Eleanor parked the vehicle outside the back door and went quickly into the house and threw her arms around her husband, holding him in a grip so firm that even he was taken by surprise. Eleanor buried her head in his shoulder and felt the security of his firmly-muscled arms enfolding her. She felt safe again, very loved. Eleanor looked into James's eyes and met his gaze.

"Sophie waved to me, James, through the rear window of the coach. For a moment, I..."

James pressed a gentle finger to her lips as he realised what had happened and he held his love close to him, allowing his left hand to slip down her back and over her khaki trousers, stroking her bottom tenderly.

"That spectre left here a while ago, Eleanor. It won't take you over again, I promise."

Eleanor leaned against James's shoulder again and wiped a tear away. James was right. The awful spectre of guilt had been purged once and for all on that memorable evening.

Dinner had been something very special at the hotel and both James and Eleanor had slept deeply in the comfortable four-poster, aided by a good, but not heavy, meal, also excellent wines and a brandy to accompany it and round it off. When they awoke on the Saturday morning, the sky was absolutely cloudless and their conversation with the waiter at breakfast confirmed that it had been a glorious week, in which the ground had dried out considerably, which bode well for their walking plans.

By the time they were ready to set off, their packed lunch and thermos flasks were at the hotel reception desk. Once these had been packed in the rucksacks, the two of them walked out to their car and headed off into the hills.

The ground, though considerably drier than it had been, was extremely soft under foot as James and Eleanor strode along the roadless valley, following an ancient pack-horse track that led to a disused mine at the end. The hawthorn bushes were in blossom and bright clusters of yellow broke up the pastel and more vivid greens that carpeted the valley floor. The air was sweet with the smell of new grasses and flowers and a gentle south-westerly breeze took just a degree or two off the very pleasant late Spring warmth.

Both James and Eleanor suddenly felt that they had re-discovered lost energy sources and their stride became more purposeful as they exulted in this idyllic setting. They walked for about two hours at a steady pace, pausing occasionally for a sip of water, until they finally reached an area renowned for its unusual rock formations and 'stacks' topped with grass. James scanned the side of the valley for the start of a familiar path that he had discovered during his university days, when he had often come walking with fellow students in this valley. He spotted a familiar pair of rocks and took Eleanor by the hand.

"This way, Eleanor. I know it looks daunting, but it's not as bad as it appears."

Eleanor followed through the lengthening grass and soon they had begun the ascent. James was right, for it was not all that difficult, but both of them were, nonetheless, a little breathless by the time they reached the top of the stack, where they were greeted by a slight hollow in the rock surface, filled with grass and small plants. As they made their way into the hollow, Eleanor realised that they were totally secluded, yet they could look down on everything around them.

James took off his rucksack and Eleanor followed suit. They sat for a while, peering over the edge and down along the sunlit valley, past the small hamlet towards the main road, a few miles away to the West. It was very warm, with a temperature in the mid-70's, and both James and Eleanor suddenly felt really tired. James laid out his ground roll and then Eleanor's, after which he checked, as he had done in student days on many occasions, to make sure that they were not overlooked, before undoing his hiking breeches and taking them off. He then removed his jacket and stretched out in his T-shirt and navy boxer briefs on the roll and laid back.

Eleanor giggled quietly and looked with great appreciation at her man. As his eyes closed, her eyes sparkled and a warm smile lit up her face. She put her rucksack beside the roll and took off her jacket and lay down beside James in her shirt and shorts.

James fell almost immediately into a deep sleep, listening to a chorus of small birds singing vibrantly amongst the heather bushes and high in the Spring sky. Eleanor also fell asleep, but not quite so deeply. They rested like that for about an hour before Eleanor felt herself wide awake. A group of voices rising from the track explained what had awoken her and she looked down at a small party of ramblers heading eastwards along the valley.

Then, quite unexpectedly, Eleanor felt possessed of a feeling that could only be described as pure mischief. What were these thoughts that were going through her mind?

Almost without realising what she was doing, Eleanor took James's breeches and fondled the fabric, shivering pleasantly as she felt it and looking at the very well-toned body of her best friend, her lover, her husband her... The word almost slipped through her mind unnoticed, but she realised that she was thinking of him as her Master, something that was almost unthinkable for a girl as independent at Eleanor.

She lay against the shallow wall of the hollow, resting on the mossy lining and soft grass. Casually, she held James's breeches out over the edge and giggled uncontrollably as wicked thoughts crossed her mind. She reflected for a moment, then whispered:

"James?"

Her husband stirred slightly and rolled over. He blinked as he adjusted to the sunlight and then propped himself up on his elbow and looked at her quizzically.

"What is it, chiquita?"

Eleanor grinned as she recalled how she had earned that name by one exceptionally uncharacteristic defiant outburst, when James had been moved to compare her haughtiness and resistant posture to that of a female flamenco dancer!

"Well, James," said Eleanor, as she dangled his breeches over the side, "I was wondering if you had had any more thoughts about the Indian Ocean and I just thought I might see if I could add a little persuasion."

By this time, James had registered what was going on and, ex-military officer that he was, sat there weighing up his options. Being a gentleman, he also felt it his duty to issue a word of caution to his wife, who did not have the benefit of his knowledge of the unusual weather in the area and who did not realise that it could be as mischievous as she was. In fact, he was on the point of doing just that when things went exactly as he feared they would and a sudden sharp gust of wind whipped the breeches out of Eleanor's hand.

She let out a muffled scream as the garment started to fall down the side of the stack and she peered cautiously over the edge. James joined her and watched as the breeches floated downwards. It looked very much as if they would end up on the valley floor, dangerously close to a small group of goats feeding contentedly just a few yards away, but a further gust of wind whipped the garment into the air again and blew it straight onto the branches of a tree a few feet from the base of the stack. James looked and made a note of where his breeches were, then diverted his gaze to Eleanor, who had suddenly become decidedly less mischievous and who was beginning to feel extremely penitent.

"James, I really am so sorry."

James said nothing and simply fixed Eleanor in his gaze.

"Really, James, I didn't mean to do that, honestly. It was just a bit of fun."

James remained quite silent and held Eleanor firmly in a gaze that was accompanied by an expression which had a strangely familiar look to it.

"James, no, you can't, not here, surely, there are people around and.."

James interrupted the flow of Eleanor's words by placing his finger across her lips. He came very close to her and looked almost into her mind with his piercing gaze.

"Eleanor, I am going to have to punish you", he whispered.

"Oh no, surely, please, no, I didn't mean it, really James. You know I would never do anything to embarrass you."

"Eleanor", came back the soft but firm voice, "what have I said to you about living with the consequences of your actions?"

"I know, James, but this was just a prank, a silly joke. Don't take it too seriously. Nobody will know you've only got your unders on beneath your T-shirt! Will they?"

Eleanor burst into laughter at the thought of her husband clambering up the tree in his T-shirt and underwear to retrieve his breeches, but her laughter was short-lived and soon gave way to nervous gentle lip-biting.

"Please, James, please, don't be so hard on me. I won't do it again, honestly."

"No, Eleanor, you most certainly will not."

There was something very decisive in James's tone that made Eleanor keenly aware that this was not a matter he was about to drop. She sat there for a moment in numb apprehension.

"Eleanor, I need some trousers and I don't have any of my own. What do you suggest? "

"Well you'd never fit into mine, James".

"Shall we see how true that statement is, Eleanor?"

"WHAT? James, there are people around here."

"Don't worry, Eleanor, nobody can see you in here, I ought to know."

James smiled as he recalled one or two previous visits to this spot. He then gathered his thoughts again and focused on the matter in hand.

"Shorts off, please, Eleanor."

Despite her entreaties, pleadings and big soft eyes, Eleanor's attempts to evade the consequences of her actions were in vain and eventually she unbuttoned her baggy shorts and slipped them down to her ankles. James sat with his left leg flexed, resting his chin on his hands, which were folded over his knee. He admired the way Eleanor's cream cotton underwear hugged her figure so enticingly and he felt a familiar tectonic rumbling within as his gaze followed the intricate set of curves around her waist, hips and thighs. Eleanor almost felt embarrassed, but her mind-reading skills allowed her to interpret some of what was going on in James's mind up to that point.

"Later, darling", she whispered in his ear. "I feel just the same".

Eleanor's soft hand ran down the side of James's waist and over his hip. Then she moved it slowly across the front of his boxers and sighed with a gentle moan as she found further evidence of what was going on in James's mind. There was, however, one slight problem for Eleanor inasmuch as she had not finished reading James's mind before deciding how to work her way round him, for had she done so she might not have found herself abruptly face down across his suddenly-flattened legs, with a powerful arm across the back of her waist and an extremely well-muscled leg locking hers in place.

Eleanor shrieked. "James, no, no, no, please. I'm not a naughty little girl."

James could easily make out the shape of Eleanor's beautiful bottom through her pants and rested his palm on her left buttock, right in the centre.

"Well, Eleanor, we will have to differ there, for I think you are just that".

Happily, James's authority was not undermined by the broad grin on his face, which was hidden from the object of his attention by her fixed posture that made it impossible for her to look round at him.

12