James' Story

Story Info
The story of how James finally found true love.
9.2k words
4.23
7.2k
8
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Note to reader: This story is pure fiction, with certain portions taken from the author's life experience. All characters are over 18, and any resemblance to persons living or dead is purely coincidental. Copyright © 2023 All Rights Reserved. No portion of this material may be reproduced without the author's prior written permission. Everyone is over 18.

A reader accused me of plagiarism. NOT TRUE! I am the author of these stories. I abandoned my Literotica account for a few years and rejoined under this pseudonym.

Although this story is in the Mature section, it could easily fit into the romance category. Polite and constructive comments are most welcome. Derogatory comments will be deleted.

James' Story

Chapter 1

James Nelson is not a stunningly handsome man. He's average-looking, a bit lanky, and very tall. He has broad shoulders, a narrow waist, and a moderately hairy chest. With blonde hair and blue eyes, James' Nordic-European DNA is his defining feature. When James graduated high school, he stood 6 feet 6 inches tall and weighed 150 pounds. James was so skinny in high school that when standing sideways and stuck out his tongue, you'd say he looked like a zipper. James was so skinny that he had to move around in the shower to get wet. Unfortunately, James did not have much luck with the girls, partly because he did not know what to do or say and partly because he was a squirrel. After high school, James had put on a few pounds but is still painfully slim and has tremendously low self-esteem. It's not debilitating, but enough so that he has given up on attracting women. To be sure, James is not gay.

James had earned enough credits to graduate high school early and stopped taking classes at the end of the first semester of his senior year. Not knowing what to do with his life and that the Selective Service could call James to enter the Viet Nam war when he turned 18 in a few months, James learned that if enlisted in the active reserves instead of waiting to be drafted, he could choose which branch of service and the type of job that would interest him. Because James enlisted and did not wait to be drafted, he also would not be stationed overseas. James would spend time with his Air National Guard (ANG) unit near his home and still fulfill his military obligation. He stayed in the ANG for 15 years.

Convincing his mother to sign the age waiver, at age 17, James went to Air Force basic training at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio, Texas. After eight and a half weeks of basic military training, James transferred to Chanute Air Force Base in Rantoul, Illinois, for his specialty training. At Chanute, James learned how to use special equipment and procedures for inspecting aircraft components for cracks and metal fatigue that might otherwise cause an airplane to crash. James loved this work and looked forward to finding a similar job upon his return to California, where he grew up.

Unfortunately, when James returned home from training, he could not find a job near where he lived in his Air Force career field. James learned that all the potential employers were too far away to commute from home, and they wanted many years of experience that he did not have. A friend from high school told James of an auto-mechanic school in Phoenix, Arizona, and James decided to attend classes there. Upon graduating, James returned to California and got a mechanic job the next day.

Life for James was not so hard now, and he felt better about himself. He met a girl a few months older than him, and they married after a year of courtship and engagement. Both James and his bride were virgins on their wedding day. For the two years after the wedding, James thought he was happy, but his relationship with his wife slowly deteriorated. Because neither James nor his wife knew how to be married, and both had little experience dating, they argued over trivial things. To try and figure things out, James went to the Priest for counseling.

James explained about the arguments he was having and was looking for answers to help save his marriage. James recalled one argument about who should turn out the bedroom light after both were horizontal in bed. James and his wife were in bed watching television. When it came time to turn off the television and go to sleep, his wife became belligerent and demanded that since James was the man, it was his responsibility to get out of bed and turn out the overhead light. The Priest offered several suggestions but finally offered the best solution.

The Priest said to James with a smile, "Have a baby. It will change things."

It changed things all right. Life became much worse. During her pregnancy, the wife refused any sexual contact with James. Not realizing that once the baby came along, his wife would keep her legs slammed shut like a bench vise gripping a piece of steel. Their marriage lasted about six years before James filed for a divorce. Neither James nor his wife was mature enough to be married or parents. James' wife punished him for divorcing her. Despite the court order, the ex-wife made it nearly impossible for visitation with his daughter. By the time his daughter turned 13, the ex-wife had turned his daughter against him so much that James never saw her again. Years later, James learned from a source that his daughter went to college, married a nice guy, and had two kids. James never saw his daughter again.

After the divorce, James tried the dating scene. He was in his mid-20s, met a few women at the local watering hole, and dated two or three with no sexual success. James was poor from alimony and child support and lived at home with his mother. James could not bring a girl home or afford a hotel room. One time James met a girl at the bar, and she let him have a good finger fuck in his car. But she, too, lived at home and did not want to fuck in the back seat.

At a Country and Western bar, James encountered a statuesque brunette. Standing five feet nine inches tall, with a perfect "upside down seven" shaped nose and legs that would make Betty Grable envious, James was smitten. Mustering his courage, James walked toward the brunette and asked her to dance. Her name was Melinda, and she was eight years older than James. Melinda resembled a combination of Betty Page with her black hair bangs and Gena Davis' high cheekbones. James invited Melinda to coffee at the local 24-hour restaurant when the bar closed. Melinda agreed to go to dinner with James on the following Saturday.

On their first date, she wore a braless black satin disco jumpsuit with cleavage down to her navel. Her pert B-cup breasts needed no support, and her nipples were erect the entire night. The stiletto heels made Melinda almost the same height as James. When they entered the restaurant in Newport Beach, California, all eyes were on the tall couple. They had a wonderful time at the restaurant and strolled along the Lido Isle harbor docks after dinner. James tried calling Melinda several times during the next week but always seemed only to leave a message on her answering machine. Melinda would return his calls the next afternoon and never the same day as when James called. James invited Melinda to return to the bar, where they met for drinks and dancing. Melinda invited James to her mobile home for dinner on their third date. James was startled to see children's toys lying around the living room, as Melinda had failed to mention her two daughters from her first marriage. Lust blinded James because it had been years since he had penetrative sex with a woman, so he looked past the omission and enjoyed Melinda that evening.

In the following weeks, James and Melinda had dinner dates with sex for dessert at her mobile home. Although James was only seeing Melinda, and because she had a tubal ligation, James did not use a condom after their third sexual encounter. Unbeknownst to him, Melinda still saw other men. One morning, after a date and sex with Melinda, James felt a burning sensation surrounding his genitals. His entire genital region was inflamed as if he had fallen asleep on his back at a nude beach. The doctor examined James, diagnosed an STD, and prescribed medication to treat the illness. James was furious when he approached Melinda about his STD. She denied having dated other men while dating James and said it must have come from her last boyfriend. Melinda also said that STDs can lie dormant for months, and she had no symptoms. She lied. James believed her. Melinda was smooth. Naive James did not put two and two together until it was too late.

James fell hard for Melinda. Mostly because, unlike his ex-wife, Melinda enjoyed sex. James liked dining and dancing with Melinda, something he never did with his ex-wife. Also, James has a male version of Florence Nightingale syndrome. He feeds his ego by being helpful to others. Melinda was married thrice before James, and he looked past that, thinking he was helping her overcome bad husbands. Each of Melinda's previous husbands had cheated on her. Melinda's acceptance of James' help and attentive behavior fooled James into a sense of self-worth. She would boost James' ego and have sex whenever he wanted. After 14 months of dating, James and Melinda opted to elope to Las Vegas, Nevada. They were married at the Little Church of the West, a quickie wedding chapel in the Hacienda Hotel and Casino parking lot. James was unaware of Melinda's nefarious plan to entrap James with future child support and alimony.

About two years into their marriage, Melinda began planting the seeds of her entrapment scheme. She would tell James how sorry she was for his ex-wife withholding visitation with his daughter and how much his life would be fulfilled by having a son to carry on the family name. Melinda convinced James to have her tubal ligation reversed. James saved the $10,000 needed for surgery because his insurance plan did not cover the operation. Melinda became pregnant the second month after her surgery and delivered a handsome full-term baby boy. In addition to Melinda's two pre-teen daughters from her first marriage, James now had a son. Sex with Melinda was sporadic following the delivery of their son. Melinda claimed post-partum depression as the primary cause and fear of another pregnancy. Melinda claimed she did not want to risk another pregnancy because of her age. Melinda cited the risk of Down syndrome in older mothers. James reluctantly stood by Melinda, even though she would reject James sexually. On the one-year birthday of his son, James decided to get a vasectomy. Once his vasectomy healed, James looked forward to sex again with Melinda because there would be no risk of pregnancy. Unfortunately, Melinda did not share that same desire as James.

Melinda used every excuse to keep James at arm's length. James was determined to make his marriage work and not become another artifact in divorce statistics. He would bring home flowers for no apparent reason and often offered to take the kids out for day trips on the weekend so Melinda could rest from her stay-at-home mom duties. Melinda would infrequently have sex with James, but never to the same degree as when they were courting or trying to make a baby. Melinda claimed that she was not interested in sex. Still, naive James muddled along, hoping things would improve in his relationship with his second wife. When James would try to discuss their lack of intimacy, Melinda would counter his arguments with being tired from housework and claim that her mouth was too small for a blow-job and that her jaw would ache when she did. Melinda never brought James to climax orally or manually.

When Melinda did capitulate to sex, she would say to James, "Well, I'm about to ovulate, and it's the only time I feel like doing it, so if you want to fuck, we may as well do it now."

Melinda showed little emotion or intimacy with James during the 11 years of their marriage. Fights over silly things were frequent. On one of James' birthdays, Melinda prepared his favorite meal, tacos. She rarely made tacos because the kitchen would become messy, and the house would smell from the cooking oil. As a thank you for making tacos, James helped Melinda clean up after their meal. While he was loading the dishwasher, Melinda began to berate James on how he placed the dishes and drinking glasses in the dishwasher racks. Their argument became so intense that James' mother intervened and told them to quit arguing. James thought about divorcing Melinda but remembered how it devastated his mother when his cheating father left and how he suffered after his first wife polluted his daughter's mind about James. So he soldiered onward in the marriage, thinking that at least his son would have a two-parent home and hopefully a happy life, even if James did not.

As the years passed, James began to think more about divorcing Melinda. His teenage stepdaughters became more aloof and indignant as their hormones plagued their bodies. "You can't make me" and "You're not my father" were common diatribes. Melinda and her daughters' menses coordinated, and it got to the point where James would grab his son and spend each weekend out of the house for the entire day. James would take his son to various places around San Diego during their weekends together. They would visit the museums, Balboa Park, and Seaport Village, a tourist shopping spot. He would see loving couples enjoying themselves and wondered if the couples he saw were like him or if they were having a wonderful sex life.

When James married Melinda, he had barely finished high school with a 1.0 grade point average and worked as an automobile mechanic. One day, while doing his military ANG weekend, he saw an advertisement for an accelerated degree program for a Bachelor of Science in Industrial Technology in the base newspaper. He decided that if he divorced Melinda, he would need a better job to pay his soon-to-be two ex-wives and child support.

James enrolled and attended an accredited private night school on Tuesday and Thursday nights from 5:00 to 10:00 p.m. and one all-day Saturday, completing a regular semester university course in only four weeks. These were for his lower-division degree requirements. At the same time, James also enrolled in an out-of-state public university with a similar class schedule format for his upper-division requirements. The university would fly a professor from the main campus to Southern California on alternating weekends. The class would convene all day Saturday and Sunday, and after three weekends, James would have another 18-week course completed. After 20 months, James proudly walked across the stage, accepting his Bachelor of Science degree.

James had been focusing so much on his job, education, and military obligation that he did not have time to think about sex. Once he earned his degree, James' hectic schedule had subsided. Melinda still did not want any intimacy with James. He needed data to justify divorcing Melinda, and after so much abstinence, James wondered how often he did get laid. James kept a page from his daily calendar every time he got some trim. After 12 months of record keeping, James had amassed only four pages from his calendar. James finally had enough, and he bailed after 12 years of marriage.

When President Clinton came into office, his budget-trimming idea was to decimate the military. James was laid off from his aerospace job and went to work for his mother and aunt. They owned a small retail store with private postal boxes, sold postage stamps, shipped packages, and were agents for all the major utility companies -- gas, trash, lights, telephone, and water. The business was profitable and allowed James to play golf more often than when working in aerospace.

When James moved into his apartment, he realized he had never really been single as an adult. He went from his mother's home to his first wife and from that home to his second wife. James tried the dating scene again but with no luck. He had no skills whatsoever. His self-esteem was at its very lowest. It was as if James had an aura of a loser around him, glowing like a neon sign. Think PigPen from the Peanuts cartoon. The dust around PigPen is synonymous with James' loser aura. Add to that the attitude of Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh, and you have the perfect description of how James felt about himself.

A few weeks after James moved into his apartment, he met some of his neighbors at one of the communal barbeque grills around the apartment complex. Muriel is a plain woman about the same age as James. A divorcee like James, Muriel had a daughter about the same age as James' son. She wore little makeup, had dishwater-blonde hair, was of average height, slightly overweight, and had tits about an "A and ½ " cup. She had a slightly hooked nose and a strong jawline. After chatting at the barbeque, James scrounged enough courage and asked Muriel for a date. She tried not to act excited, but James could tell Muriel was happy about the invitation. James soon learns that Muriel's personality is one of desperation. On their first date, James took Muriel to a steakhouse. They had a nice meal, and when it was over, James asked what she would like to do next.

Muriel said, "Let's go back to your place and fuck."

James was celibate for almost one year before Muriel, so dipping his wick sounded great. They undressed at his apartment and lay down on James' bed. The two kissed at first, and Muriel acted like the kiss was causing her to orgasm. James thought this was a bit strange. James then went down on Muriel and ate her pussy. He noticed Muriel's pussy lips were huge. They were so big that they hung down by their weight. Muriel was thrashing her arms on the bed as James licked her clit. Muriel had orgasmed four or five times before James' tongue became too tired to continue.

James pulled up from Muriel after she announced her climax, donned a condom, and started to stick his seven-inch dick in her twat. There was absolutely zero resistance as he entered her. Muriel's pussy is so big that James thought he would need to strap a 2 x 4 to his ass to keep from falling in. Muriel's pussy felt like fucking air. When James' cock was completely buried into Muriel, she started screaming like a porn star. Her eyes were shut, clutching the sheets as she screamed.

Muriel thrashed her head about and kept saying, "Oh God," repeatedly as James fucked her.

James could tell she was acting because he could barely feel her pussy on his cock. Muriel lay on her back and raised her hips to meet James' every thrust. He gripped Muriel's legs behind her knees and held her ass off the bed as he plowed into her snatch. James bent Muriel in two and folded her like a New York pizza slice. It was comical to James, and he had to put his head next to Muriel's to keep her from seeing him laughing at Muriel. For the next month or so, James became disenchanted with Muriel. Her antics in the bedroom were becoming a bother. James saw less and less of Muriel.

Chapter Two

James continued to go out on weekends searching for women. He was the consummate gentleman. Still, James did not know how to pick up women. James went home alone, no matter where he went or how he approached women.

On a Tuesday evening, while shopping at the food market, James saw a good-looking woman approaching him in the aisle. They kept passing each other in opposite directions, aisle after aisle. At the first pass, James smiled and made eye contact with the woman. On the third lap, James got the nerve to speak.

"If we keep meeting like this, people will talk," James said.

The woman laughed as James stuck out his hand and said, "I'm James."

"April," was her reply.

James quickly scanned her left hand for a wedding ring and found none. He glanced at her cart and saw nothing resembling what a woman would buy for her man. James became emboldened after each asked the cursory questions about coming here often.