Jamie - The Journey Begins Ch. 16 - Rest, Recovery and... Texan's

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Morning, Ma'am." Ben replied.

Lucas shook Ben's hand. "Can you take him out somewhere today, please? He's getting all cabin-feverish." He smiled cheekily and walked out of the room waving, adding, "Please?"

I turned back to Ben, feeling a little coy. "Would you like to go and do something?"

A smiled wrapped his face for a moment. "Well, I didn't come here to just say 'hi' then go home. Sure!"

"Sass! I like it!" Lucas yelled out from the other room.

Giving that comment the disregard it deserves, I continued, "Um... it's a nice warm day out. Wouldn't mind a swim," l looked at Ben inquiringly.

"Sure. Got just the place. A bit of cardio and some swimming, too. Luckily, I've got my shorts in the car. Hold up a sec and I'll go and grab them. We can get changed before we go." Ben smiled back, turning towards the door. He paused, looking straight into my eyes.

Fuck, it's like he can see into my soul. It's so, scary but... powerful, almost. I can't even describe it. I could feel my heart rate quicken. I'm guessing my pupils would be dilating as I stand here. Is he, gong to kiss me again? Oh please, I hope so. Ben's eyes focused on my bottom lip. Leaning in - I met him half way - the kiss was gentile to begin with and deepened. After at what seemed like a lifetime, Ben broke the kiss in the end.

"Hmm, James," Ben groaned just above a whisper. "Don't think I'll ever get sick of that," he added, smiling coyly.

"Me neither," I replied, looking back into his eyes, totally lost.

"Just a sec - I'll be back." Ben slipped out to his car.

I stood there for a second. My fingers came up - they were touching my lips where Ben's had been only moments ago. Even when he calls me 'James' sometimes... It's nice. I kinda like it." I reflected quietly.

"Hey!" Lucas stuck his head around the corner. "Where's he taking you?"

"Don't know... he didn't say."

Ben walked back in a moment or so later. I was still caught up in the kiss and my thoughts from earlier. "Hey...umm...Lucas wants to know where we're going?"

"Hamilton Pool... just over at Dripping Springs," Ben replied, shorts in hand and smile on his face, looking towards Lucas who was still poking his head around the corner into the lounge room.

"Can I use the bathroom to get changed, Jamie?"

I was all flustered for a moment. "Oh yeah, sure, right. Umm, you remember where it is, right?" I stumbled through poorly. Ben smiled and walked off to the bathroom.

"Jamie, if it's cool," Lucas walked back into the room, "I might head on over there afterwards. I've got to get that last lot of tests done so I can get my clearance. Bastards won't let me return to work otherwise."

"Lucas... language!" my mom yelled out.

"Sorry, Aunty Kate," Lucas replied. He went all red in the face.

"Okay, I'm going to get into my shorts. Can you let Ben know, please?"

"Why don't you get changed in the bathroom too, with him?" Lucas wiggled his eyebrows.

"Because I'm all done, I guess," Ben smiled as he walked back in.

My eyes went straight to his ass. He looked fucking hot as in those surfer shorts! They hugged his ass like a glove. And what they did for his package, oh man!! I looked back up, and - busted! - Ben just smiled at me.

Our day at Hamilton Pool was awesome. We stopped at the store before heading out and picked up a few things to make a healthy lunch and some sodas, too, I convinced him.

Ben was right - a little walking and a load of swimming was just what I needed. We had a fantastic day. I doubt if it was possible to have a more relaxing time, just hanging out with Ben. I smiled. Surely, it's just not possible! Hell, I wasn't even disappointed that our time together was pleasantly interrupted with a large group of family joining us. Aiden, Amanda, Olivia and Lucas arrived first.

My parents arrived about half an hour after that. My dad texted me and asked if I was okay for them to come along, not wanting to cramp my style. Even Mom was being... less invasive. When I asked Ben if he was okay with it, he was all smiles, saying, "Hey! I like your family."

The day ended with us all heading out to 'Sundance Grill on Lake Travis,' where we all ate too much. I even had a few beers, first ones since leaving hospital. We decided to walk back to Aiden and Amanda's place. Uncle Reid drove Ben's car back, as he needed to make some work calls. So, the parents took the cars while the rest of us walked back, enjoying the evening coolness, watching some stars coming out too.

..o0o..

Over the next few days, when Ben wasn't on shift, we just hung out. Then on the Wednesday, Ben came into the apartment all smiles as per normal, but he looked a little unsure of himself.

"Hey Jamie, head out for coffee?" Ben asked, after saying hi to the assembled family that were packing their stuff. Mom and dad were going back to Reid and Ann Maree's tomorrow, then on to NH before heading back home. They figured they might as well do the whole family loop while they were here. Lucas and I were heading over to stay with Aiden, Mandy and Olivia the next day. Olivia so reminds me of Daisy. It felt sullen for a moment. I missed seeing my little niece and nephew, but we were still skyping everyone daily. Plus, Lucas and I had started the video diary again. Everyone at home was messaging and asking questions, making up for lost time, I think.

The day before, Tuesday, Ben and Dad took Lucas and me to see my truck. I even took some video. Dad thought it was a good idea for us to see how much that thing saved our asses. I'm not going to lie, I cried a little when I saw it. It was totally wrecked - just the section where we were was kinda intact. The top of the cabin and front of the truck was almost unrecognisable, plus the dried blood from where Lucas and I had been trapped was chilling, bit of a heart-in-mouth moment. Again, something I'm not unaccustomed to seeing at work, but totally different when it was me, also knowing that the blood was most probably mine, and the pressure behind it almost killed me.

"So, Ben," I snapped back to here and now. "Where are we going?" I asked brightly as we walked over to the carpark. I pulled the key fob from my pocket, reaching out towards Ben. "I can't drive yet," pausing and feeling a little unsure. Was I lying? No, well I don't want to drive, really. "Wanna take my truck? Might as well use it before... it, I..." I started to feel a little sad. In three days, Lucas and I were heading to NYC. I guess my first pride event, well big one anyways, is going to be, big. In the big apple, but I didn't want to leave Ben. Tile had vanished.

"You'll love this place," Ben smiled back at me with a look of total glee on his face. It was infectious. I couldn't help but pick up. He jumped into the driver's seat of the rental truck. "Mozart's Coffee," he smiled. "Great coffee and fantastic sweets too."

"Okay, cool!" I smiled back as we pulled out.

12