Jamie - The Journey Begins Ch. 20 - Paris the City of Love & Light

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"No, this was all Ben's doing. He says hi, by the way."

"Ben arranged it?"

"Yes,"

"Oh shit! I gotta go!" And with that, Lucas had hung up.

Taking a deep breath, I chilled out for a second.

"Jamie, how about we go outside for a moment, get some fresh air."

I looked at Ben with pleading eyes. "Oh my god, please, can we?"

Quietly we walked outdoors holding hands. The air had that crisp coolness about it. The city was glittering like diamonds as far as you could see. Ben moved closer and wrapped his arm around my waist, side on. "I can't remember when I've had so much fun, or ..." Ben stopped. I looked at him, he was biting his lip.

"What's up? You look like I felt when Lucas called."

"Sorry, it's just that tomorrow you head back to Australia and me the States. It's made me feel sad on and off most of the day."

I lifted my arm up and put it around his shoulder, pulling him in a little closer. "Me too, Ben, me too. But, like I said, I'm gonna make this work, okay?"

I could feel him moving his other arm around in his pants pocket.

"Jamie," Ben moved around and stood in front of me. "I can't believe that we met through what was the worst of circumstances." Ben was looking straight into my eyes. "I've wondered a few times if you hadn't had that MVA, would we still have met."

"I know. Don't think I've ever been happy to have a car crash before that day, well except for the almost dead thing, and half killing Lucas, my mom and dad with panic, but..." A smile crept across my face which Ben mirrored.

We both burst out laughing at that. Phew good tension breaker, Jamie, well done.

"Look I know that tomorrow we go our separate ways for a while. You're heading back to your course and family, whilst I'm heading back to home and work. But I wanted to give you this."

Ben pulled the small box out. It was a ring box. I think I stopped breathing, 'Oh my fucking god,' was all I could think, 'what is going on? Is he going to get down on a knee or something?'

"I want this to work too, Jamie. So, hopefully this will remind you of me when were apart." Ben's hand was shaking a little. Slowly he opened the small box. Inside was a black ring with a thin red line around it, in the style of a wedding band I think. "I know you're not a jewellery person, but I hope you like it, Jamie."

I was speechless, I wasn't sure what to say, I was frozen in place and couldn't move a muscle.

Was it ... was he going to say something else? "Oh... um Ben I don't know what to say. It's beautiful. Thank you." I slowly reached out. As he held the box, I pulled the ring out and noticed that it was inscribed, 'that one moment that changed my life forever - Ben.'

I looked up, still speechless, seeing his beautiful smiling face. "Ben, I feel so bad I haven't bought you anything. I'm-a horrible person."

"You brought me with you, and that's enough. Plus the show you put on in Frankfurt." Ben leaned in and we pressed our foreheads together.

"Thank you, Ben. It's lovely. Can I..." I looked up at him, "Can I put it on?"

"No, I bought it for you not to put on," he let out a small laugh. "Course you can. For a smart guy... really."

I slipped the black tungsten and red ring on my right hand. It fit perfectly. I looked up. "How did you get the size so right?"

"Well, not to give away secrets but one night in Austin when you were asleep, I used some cotton thread and looped it around your finger. The hardest part was every time I touched your hand, you pulled my hand over your chest - even kissed it a couple of times." I could feel myself blushing at that one. "You're so cute when you're sleeping, Jamie."