Jamie - The Journey Begins Ch. 26 - Planes Trains Fire Trucks

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I looked at Lucas and just smiled between us. "Luc, that was a pretty cool thing for our respective partners to say, hey." They understand our close bond, but don't have any insecurities about, nor should they. Didn't stop us from carrying on like teenagers through the carpark. "Okay, see you at Ben's, guys." Dave and Gav were riding with us this time. Lucas offered to stop and grab a few beers on the way.

..o0o..

"Okay Jamie your live in 3,2,1. Cue the 70's porn music." Lucas smiled as he held my tablet doing the camera man role. I almost choked on that. Gav and Dave burst into laughter.

"Hey guys," I suddenly was lost, as people were messaging, and I could see the questions and comments and got distracted by them.

"Ben, Lucas - how am I gonna do this? The messages are distracting me."

"Okay, it's easy," Gav jumped in - mind you, we're still rolling live. "Look at me - I'll stand just here behind the camera. You can think of it like you're talking to me alright. I'll read the messages, asking them like questions. What do you think?"

"But how will you know... oh yeah! You can open the stream on your cell and read from it, right."

"Ben, you've got a keeper here I think... just watch him around technology, and sharp tools."

"Thanks Gav, smart ass. All right let's do this." Taking a deep breath and settling my mind, I started. Ben walked over and sat down beside me but just out of the camera for the moment, as planned.

Yeah we'd practiced this a few times - just as video on the cell the first three or four attempts ... jeez I hope they don't see the light of day anytime soon. Disaster -- one-take Dave walked in in his briefs - the smallest aussiebums I've ever seen - only to stop, place his hand on my head, bucking back and forth like I was blowing him, sound effects included.

"Ok, hi everyone! Sorry about all of that, thanks for watching." I was trying to put on one of the football announcer voices, "Live from here in the southern states, beaming out to our affiliates-friends-family in Aust-tra-lia. Thanks for tuning in." Clutching my hands together, I was feeling extremely nervous and sounding almost incoherent. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Ben who was sitting beside me drinking a mojito, Lucas' new drink of choice.

It was all I needed. Switching back to my normal voice, it was time to be genuine. "I'm putting this live feed up as I have some great news and I wanted to tell everyone in person as soon as possible, but with me being over here, it's a little hard, so thought this was the next best thing. Just over twenty-four hours ago, I asked Ben to marry me."

"Shit, Jamie, I think you just broke the internet - there are streams of love hearts racing across the screen. Keep going - they want to know the how and when." Gav had been joined by Hailey and Dave now who were watching on their own devices next to him.

"Okay, so ... hey, come a little closer, Ben." I reached over and pulled Ben towards me a little, plus Lucas had turned the tablet a little so Ben was in the shot now, giving a wave and smile too.

"Alright, so I decided a few weeks ago, well, maybe a few months ago. that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with this guy. Aww, ha-ha tension breaker. So I hired a Hot Air Balloon, got some of the guys from work over here with appliances and a huge-ass sign - Will You Marry Me?- doing a dawn reveal. It worked."

"Boys, they're all going nuts - lots of love here." Keep going, Gav waved.

"Okay, so I had my dad use our family friend Max - by the way, if you want something specially made, Max is your man. So, I called him about six weeks ago and gave him the design of the rings I wanted, they're like small lug couplings that snap together ... see?" I held my hand up to the camera so everyone could see Max's amazing handiwork, then grabbed Ben's also. The conversation went on for about four minutes, answering all manner of question, down to the tough ones.

"Okay, so Jamie," Gav paused for a moment, "the number one question seems to be where are you going to live, then, when are you getting married and are you pregnant?" With that, the room was filled with laughter.

"I bet that was either Todd or Adam, the pregnant thing, right?"

"Yep, both of them at the same time almost."

Gav winked at me, but Ben squeezed my leg subtly as I was about to answer.

"So, I'm gonna answer for Jamie, okay? Firstly, we haven't set a date yet - there is a lot to work out, but, as to where we live, I'm happy to move to Australia and I know Jamie is keen to stay here, but is torn about leaving y'all behind. So, the honest answer is we don't know yet. But when we do, we'll let y'all know. And no, Jamie's not pregnant... yet. Nor am I... yet."

The next dozen questions were about how Ben's family took it. They started to reply to in message too, saying it was fantastic news. I'd downed two mojitos so far. The drinks were flying around our end, so everyone was getting a little hammered, loud and loads of laughter.

"I guess guys no relationship ever, hasn't had those moments when it all looks lost. But its' a sign of our love for each other that we're here now, getting married."

"Alright guys, we're gonna leave it there. Will chat soon, okay, and thanks so much for the love and support." With that, Lucas ended the feed.

..o0o..

It had been a huge afternoon, and everyone was feeling it, so we broke out a few more drinks and uber'd in some food, after what seemed like an hour, but was more like three.

Loads of laughter, stories swapped about Lucas and me as kids, then Gav and Dave decided to join in - I gave them a long hard look. "Guys, remember, I know where all your skeletons are too, so go easy."

The boys exchanged quick glances, "Okay Dave, it's on you. But I think Jamie isn't fucking about." Gav had a somewhat scared look going on now.

"So, back in eighth grade," Dave started, giving me one of those dangerous cheeky smiles. "Jamie here was quite the stud with the girls and a few of the boys too. I remember in once on school camp where Jamie was dragged off into the bushes ... "

"Dave... easy mate ...let's not." I shot back at my mate who was now thinking better of where that story was going.

"Hmm... Okay, let's just say that Jamie came back with reddish swollen lips as did the girl's brother, obviously did a swap Jamie? Huh?"

"Fuck off, Dave, if you know what's good for you."

"Okay then," Ben offered. "Anyone for another round of drinks before we call it a night?"

Leaning in, I kissed him on the cheek. "Thanks. I wasn't sure how far Dave was going to go with that, and, well, let's just say there are only four people that know about that day."

"You okay, Skip?"

"Yeah, thanks. I just- wait, I'll tell you about it a little later, okay? No secrets." I kissed Ben again

"I'm a gonna go help with the drinks."

"You two wanna get a room or what?"

"Eat shit, Lucas -- you're just jealous," I teased as I half-stood up to help Ben, I spun around sideways pouncing on Lucas, pulling a surprised and helpless Lucas sideways off the sofa onto the floor where we wrestled around, laughing like five-year-old kids. It was too much of an invitation to pass up, I guess. The next minute, all I heard was "get 'em," with Gav and Dave piled up on top of us. I don't know how shit didn't get broken - there were legs, arms flying about, but we all survived unharmed.

"Full-sized children," Hailey smiled. I could see Ben just smile and the two of them walked out of the room, leaving us to start up again.

The night rolled on, we'd drunk our way thru two cartons of beer. There was an array of empty bottles from the mojitos, plus a full-sized bottle of Jack Daniels we were now emptying the last drops of, plus, a bottle of red wine that Lucas and I had bought on our road trip - I'd given it to Ben and clean forgot about it.

As the night had gone on, we'd taken up comfy spots to drink and talk. I was now sitting on the floor between Ben's legs. Lucas was opposite me, sitting between Dave's legs. Occasionally, we kicked each other in a friendly way. Hailey had fallen asleep on the larger sofa with Gav. Ben's brothers had called in for a few drinks. They went at it hard and now were passed out asleep in the corner of the room.

We'd had such a great night - spontaneous, loads of food and booze, but in what seemed to have been an hour or 4, it was time to call it a night, "Fuck me, guys! It's like almost 4 a.m."

"Oh crap, no way! Come one Hailey' let's get going, I'll call us a cab." A very sleepy looking drunk Lucas stood up -- ok, he tipped over a few times trying - I think I may have peed a little in my pants laughing - it was soooo funny. That was, until I tried the same and came crashing back down just as fast.

"Guys there is another spare room. I've got an inflatable mattress. Just crash here and head off in the morning. Y'all look too tired to be driving home."

Lucas stood there looking between the hallway and his sleepy fiancé. "Are you sure, Ben? That would be great."

"it's no problem. You can help Jamie set it up while Hailey naps. Right, Jamie?"

My head had turned toward the conversation when I heard my name mentioned. "Wait, what? Sure, I'll help set the bed up. Come on, Lucas, let's go," I said, tilting my head toward the garage where the spare mattress and inflator were stored. We staggered off, giggling like little kids almost - fucked if I know what was so funny, but something was.

After successfully pulling the crate with the mattress and inflator pump down, we carried it into the spare room where Ben met us with linen. Yeah okay - he was laughing at the two of us inflating and setting up the bed. Mind you - he'd had a few drinks, but not as many as us, I guess.

After finally getting it all sorted, and rolling over the bed a few times laughing, Hailey appeared at the door. The two of us stopped rolling about like we'd just been busted by our moms. "Okay Jamie, either get out or get in, because I want to go to bed."

Laughing, I got up and smiled at Hailey. "It's all yours, lovely. I don't want to put Lucas to shame or anything," I teased, turning and poking my tongue out at Lucas.

"Jamie, remember - I've seen you both naked..."

At that, I felt my face go bright red. "We're twins, Hails, special twins. It's Mason that lost out." Lucas offered as he started to strip off. I started to make striptease sounds, ta-da-da-da...

"Okay, I'm gonna take my one. You guys need anything, please let me know, okay? Make yourselves at home. Night, guys." Ben grabbed my arm and led me out of the room and out to the kitchen, where there were two tall glasses of water waiting.

"Ben."

"Yes, Jamie."

"I know I'm a bit drunk," I said, standing straighter now and looking into his eyes, "but I just wanna say, I love you."

"Love you too, Jamie!" Lucas yelled out of the spare room, followed by an "Ouch! What was that for?" Hailey must have slapped him one, she wasn't to be messed around with, being tired and all.

"Love you too, Lucas, Hailey."

"Oi, what about us?" came from the lounge where the other two were sitting.

"Okay, we love you too, kinda. But I love you best, Ben." I whispered,

Ben had messaged his sisters-in-law. They were both happy for the boys to sleep it off at his place. The lounge looked like something crossed between a dorm and frat house - cushions, mattresses and bodies all over the place. Pretty much just in their jocks, unlike Daniel, who was in his birthday suit, and holding on to it for dear life.

I could hear Gav and Dave moving around Ben's kitchen, grabbing glasses and ice. Hmm, they must be having a night cap. Would Ben let me join them? I could hear Gav talking and pouring something into them.

"What's this, Gav?" Dave asked.

"Sip'n whisky - thought we could have one more toast for my best friend, and his amazing fiancée: to Ben and Jamie."

"Thanks guys. Good night," I called out as we slipped into Ben's room.