Jane in New York Pt. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

When Jane was finally done with Camilla, she let go of her hips and watched the worn out woman collapse onto the bed. Camilla was totally destroyed, feeling her own body as she looked up at Jane with desperation and gratefulness.

"You did a good job, baby," Jane said as she leaned down and gave her a small kiss.

"You fucked me so good!" Camilla responded.

"I didn't think you could handle all that," Jane said with a cute chuckle. "But you took everything I gave you."

"Yes, I did," the Latina responded, so hot from everything Jane did to her.

"I think you've earned yourself a nap," Jane said, as she gave her another kiss and gathered her things.

"Where are you going?"

"I'm going to finish some work in my room. Why don't you rest up for me?"

"Okay," the Latina conceded as she watched Jane walk out of her room. She didn't want Jane to leave but didn't have the energy to stop her.

"That was fucking amazing!" she thought as she lay in bed, touching herself. Suddenly, she came to an eye-opening realization. "Wait!... What the fuck just happened?! I was trying to take care of her! How did she turn this around and pleasure me again?!"

Camilla couldn't figure it out, but no matter how hard she tried to do Jane a favor, she was always the one who was left satisfied.

She got out of bed and walked to the bathroom. Camilla stood silently, staring at herself in the mirror. "What am I doing?" she said to herself. "This wasn't part of my plan... None of this was part of this plan."

* * * * *

The Trip

It was difficult for Maria to stop thinking about Carmen's inappropriate dream. She knew her young assistant was intimidated, but this was a whole new fascination. Luckily for Carmen, she decided not to bring it up.

Carmen was not handling the aftermath of the dream well. It only made her more nervous around the woman she was already afraid of. Though she noticed Maria had not been scolding her as much lately, she still assumed she was doing a poor job. It was impossible to escape the pressure. Carmen knew how much everyone loved Jane and was scared she would never fill her shoes.

Suddenly, Carmen snapped out of her deep thought as Maria called her.

"Carmen!"

"Yes, Ma'am?" she quickly responded.

"Will you please see me in my office?" Maria asked, sensing the stress in Carmen's voice.

Carmen noticed Ashley giggling as she walked towards the office. "What do you think she wants?"

"You're in trouble," Ashley whispered.

The young woman chuckled. Carmen knew her coworker was joking. However, she was surprised to see Veronica smiling as well.

"She's just kidding," Veronica assured with a friendly tone.

When Carmen entered the office, she gazed at her fierce boss. The young assistant was awed by her beautiful supervisor, always looking so professional in her business attire.

"Yes, Maria?"

As much as the confident supervisor would have enjoyed tormenting the sweet young woman, she had something important to discuss. "Have a seat, sweetie," she said in a calm voice.

"Yes, Ma'am," Carmen responded a bit puzzled. This was the first time Maria used a pet name.

"Are you familiar with the company's quarterly banquets?"

"Umm... no."

"Every three months, there's a banquet that the corporate office throws at the event hall. It's an opportunity for us to interact with the owners and business partners, along with celebrating achievements."

"That sounds really important," Carmen said.

"Honestly, it's not my cup of tea," Maria explained. "I don't enjoy the long drive or hanging out with them, but it's a requirement for every branch supervisor to be there."

Carmen wasn't sure where Maria was going with this, but was about to find out.

"I need you to go with me next weekend."

"What?!" the young woman responded. "Me?!"

"Yes. You're my assistant, aren't you?"

"Don't you think that kind of event is a little too serious for me?"

"Look, you don't have any assignments this weekend," Maria assured. "I just need you to be there with me. There will be free champagne and a free meal. I don't plan on staying all night. You just have to suffer through a long ride with me, up there and back."

"Okay..." Carmen agreed, trying to convince herself everything would be okay. She knew she should be grateful for the opportunity, but the thought of spending so much time with her boss made her uneasy.

* * * * *

After dreading the trip for over a week, the day had finally come. The junior employee was meeting with her supervisor at work so they could carpool. Carmen assumed she needed to dress well for the event. She wore a nice, but comfortable, black dress with heels.

"Hi Carmen," Maria said as they met in the parking lot. "Thanks for showing up on time."

The young assistant became concerned, wondering if that was even a compliment. She had such a bad habit of being late. However, her focus quickly shifted towards Maria's outfit.

The Carmen suddenly found her boss less intimidating, wearing more casual clothes than normal. Maria's body looked petite in her small red cami and black skirt. Carmen also noticed how short Maria was, wearing flats instead of heels. They were much closer in size than she originally thought.

"Are you ready to go?" Maria asked.

"Oh... Yes!"

Carmen got into Maria's car, where she became tense. However, her worries were calmed as Maria spent most of the time on the phone, taking work calls. Every time Maria ended a call, her phone would suddenly ring again. The young assistant was astonished by the amount of work her boss did, even when she was driving.

After Maria ended a call, Carmen noticed her reciting something in her head. "Do you need me to write anything down for you?" she asked, trying to be helpful.

"That would be perfect," Maria responded. "Do you have anything to write with?"

"I don't, but I can type it in my phone."

Maria smiled before instructing her to write a few notes. Carmen was more than happy to help. It made her feel giddy to know she was actually useful.

As soon as Maria finished reciting what she needed written, her phone rang again. Carmen couldn't believe how many people depended on her supervisor.

This time, as Maria spoke over Bluetooth, she was able to develop a system with Carmen. Whenever she wanted Carmen to write anything down, she tapped on her knee, signaling her to write whatever was just said in the conversation.

Carmen was a bit surprised the first time Maria touched her leg, but focused on doing what was needed. As she got the hang of it, she noticed Maria give her a small smile, showing her approval. Carmen knew Maria probably meant nothing by it, but to the young assistant, it meant everything.

"Are you always this busy?" Carmen asked as Maria finally got off the phone.

"Usually, I am. Sometimes, even busier."

"Even on the weekends?"

"I usually have a lot of catching up to do on the weekends."

"I don't know how you do it."

"I just always have so much work to do," Maria explained, shuffling her phone around.

Suddenly, a thought popped into Carmen's head. "Do you want me to drive?"

"No, it's okay," Maria quickly answered. "Why would I want you to drive?"

"You just seem so busy. You might be able to focus on your work if you let me drive."

The idea made a lot of sense. Maria was used to working while driving. However, she was responsible for her employee's safety, and realized it would be safer to let her take the wheel.

With a little more convincing and reassurance, the two women switched places. Maria actually felt a lot more comfortable, being able to concentrate on her phone calls and take notes as she needed. Carmen was happy knowing she had done Maria a favor.

Finally, after another hour passed, Maria put her phone and notes away. "Whew!" she sighed in relief. "I'm glad I could get all of that taken care of."

"Do you want to switch back?" Carmen asked, assuming Maria wouldn't trust her with the car much longer.

After thinking about it for a moment, Maria answered, "No. Just keep driving. I trust you."

"Okay," Carmen responded with a smile. She never knew such a small compliment could make her feel so happy.

"Thanks for driving, by the way. I didn't know you were old enough to drive," Maria joked.

Fortunately for Carmen, she was now comfortable enough to know Maria was joking and scored some points by laughing.

Carmen got them to the event safely. By the time they went inside, she was the most comfortable she had ever been with Maria. She was now more worried about seeing all the important people at the banquet.

She noticed a change in her supervisor's attitude as they started greeting people. Maria didn't seem to have the same passion she normally did at work.

Suddenly, Maria started speaking with two important people. Carmen recognized Jennifer from the very first interview. The other person was Mark, who she had not met.

"I see you brought... her," Jennifer said to Maria.

"Oh, Carmen? She's my secretary. Why wouldn't I bring her?"

"Of course," Mark replied, sounding bitter. "We all know how successful you are at hiring people. Hopefully she will turn out just like Jane."

Maria realized that Carmen cringed at Mark's comments. Before this moment, she never noticed how uncomfortable the comparisons made her employee feel.

"You have big shoes to fill," Mark said, looking at the nervous employee.

Maria rolled her eyes before leading her assistant away from the conversation. "Come on, Carmen. We might as well get a bottle of champagne since we are stuck at this event."

"What was that all about?" Carmen asked as they got to their own table.

"It's a long story," Maria explained. "I'll tell you some other time. I don't want to talk about it here."

As the event went on, Carmen noticed Maria was feeling better. She was comfortable again as she sat alone with her boss.

Maria asked Carmen to grab another bottle of champagne, but as the young woman left the table, Mark and Jennifer intercepted her.

"So how are things going at your office?" Jennifer asked.

"They are going well," Carmen answered nervously.

"Are you having a hard time adjusting?" Mark asked with an unpleasant tone.

"Umm... yeah," the young woman admitted, wanting to be truthful. She was afraid that it would get back to Maria if she lied.

"It's understandable," Jennifer said with a chuckle. "You didn't even graduate from college."

"You didn't?" Mark asked as he looked at Carmen. "No wonder you're having such a difficult time."

Just as Carmen was about to crumble to the pressure, Maria stepped in and interrupted the conversation, placing her arm around her employee. "She's doing an outstanding job."

Maria had closely watched the encounter and was ready to step in, unable to hold her tongue any longer. "She doesn't need a college degree," the fiery supervisor said. "She has all the tools she needs to be a great secretary."

"I guess we should never question you," Mark said. "You already found your new Jane."

"Stop comparing her to Jane," Maria responded, holding Carmen even closer. "She doesn't like that. She is her own person, and she is a great employee."

After leaving Jennifer and Mark speechless, Maria led Carmen back to their table, still with an arm around her shoulders. The shy assistant felt relieved to be alone with her again.

"Thank you for defending me."

"Don't worry about them," Maria said as they sat down.

"Do you mind telling me what that was all about?"

"I shouldn't tell you," Maria said, before finishing another glass of champagne. "But I'll tell you, anyway."

Carmen became excited as her boss opened up to her.

"It's a long story, but it's their fault Jane left the company. She was an intern, barely making any money. They realized how good she was and told me they were going to offer her a big promotion in the corporate office. Unfortunately, they came up with a plan to offer her an offensively low salary, thinking she would just accept it, since she was only an intern."

"That's so messed up!" Carmen exclaimed. "So, what happened?"

"Jane kept her options open and was offered a much better job by Sunshine Industries. Jennifer tried to backtrack and offered a bigger salary, but it was too late. Jane knew they only did that because of the Sunshine offer."

"Do you think Jane would have accepted it if they just offered her that salary from the very beginning?" Carmen asked.

"Probably! I doubt she would have even entertained any other offers if it had not been for them slow playing her."

"That's crazy!"

"Because of them, one of our greatest talents doesn't work for us anymore. I made a big fuss about and told them it was their fault. Mark never accepted responsibility, but Jennifer apologized and allowed me to hire a secretary."

"So, you hired me?" Carmen asked. "Not Jennifer?"

"She set the interview up, but it was my decision."

The young woman's eyes lit up. She couldn't believe Maria hired her after such a terrible first interview.

"Ever since I blamed them for Jane's departure, they have been rooting for me to make a mistake. Now that I hired you, they want you to fail so they can blame me for not hiring the right person."

"They do?!" Carmen said, cringing.

"Yes! That's the God's honest truth. They are always calling me to check up on you. They want me to admit I made a mistake."

"Have you told them how bad I've been doing?"

"I always tell them you're doing a good job!" Maria assured.

"But... I make so many mistakes. There's no way..."

"You just started," the pretty supervisor said as she grabbed Carmen's hand. "Don't be so hard on yourself."

"I guess..."

"Look, I knew you were going to make mistakes when I hired you, but that's normal. I'm not going to fire you... or give you a spanking every time you mess up," Maria joked, secretly referencing the dream.

Carmen immediately became petrified. It was almost as if her nightmare had come back to haunt her.

"You're doing fine!" Maria assured, getting back on track. "I'm tough on you because I'm tough on everyone. I was tough on Jane when she first got here. I was tough on Veronica. Hell, I'm tough on Jennifer and she's my boss!"

The speech started making Carmen feel better. After constantly being in fear of losing her job, she was happy to know that her boss thought she was doing a good job.

"They always remind me how young you are, and that you didn't finish college," Maria continued. "Big fucking deal!"

Carmen remembered being asked about college during her first interview and was insecure about it. After all this time, she was so relieved to know Maria didn't care about her lack of education.

"Can I ask you a question now?" her supervisor asked.

"Of course," Carmen said, feeling more relaxed.

"Not that it matters or anything, but why didn't you finish college? Did you not need a degree anymore, or did you just not like college?"

"I liked college," Carmen answered, clasping her hand together. "My parents were helping me pay for the college so I wouldn't have to take out any loans. Unfortunately, at the end of my sophomore year, my mom got really sick."

"Oh no," Maria said as she teared up.

"She had to stop working because of her health. She was in and out of the hospital for a long time. My dad couldn't work as much as he used to, because he was constantly taking care of her. The hospital bills were getting really expensive and their income was much lower."

"So you guys decided you would drop out?" Maria asked.

"They didn't want me to drop out and risk my own future, so I just told them I found a really good job and could pay my own way. They were so excited and relieved, but the truth is I just dropped out of. Getting this job has been a tremendous help! That's why I'm so afraid of getting fired."

"Do you plan on going back to college?"

"I would like to finish so I can show my parents an actual degree. I keep lying and telling them I forgot it at home. Also, I hope to make a lot of money so I can help support my parents, since they can't work as much."

Maria sat there astonished at her employee's back story. Her heart sunk, knowing what the young woman had put herself through, just to secretly help her parents. "I was wrong about you."

"What do you mean?"

"I don't mean to keep talking about Jane, but I just got lucky hiring her. It was never realistic to expect my next hire to be so special, but it looks like lightning has struck twice."

Carmen's heart almost jumped out of her chest. It was the most meaningful compliment she ever received. For so long, she worked to gain Maria's respect. It felt amazing knowing she had already earned it.

"I don't mind when you talk about Jane, anymore," Carmen said. "I actually have a question about her. Whenever anyone mentions her name, Veronica's entire attitude changes. Why is that?"

Maria took a deep breath before explaining the situation to her new employee. It wasn't her story to tell, but she felt it was important Carmen understand the dynamic of the workplace. "Veronica is in love with Jane," she bluntly said.

Carmen almost spit out her champagne. "In love?!"

"Yes."

"I was not expecting that!" Carmen said. "So, she's just sad that Jane left?"

"There's a lot more to it. Jane was in love with Veronica too. Veronica never told Jane because she was afraid she wouldn't take the Sunshine job."

"That was so amazing of her!" Carmen expressed. "I don't know if I would have the heart to do something like that."

"She's just going through a lot right now," Maria continued. "She thought she would eventually feel better, but so far that hasn't happened. I don't know if she's ever going to move on, honestly."

"You know her so well," Carmen said, impressed with her boss.

"Veronica has been one of the best employees. She's been with me the entire time."

"You know, Ashley made a comment that you give her preferential treatment," Carmen admitted, not wanting to sound like a snitch.

Maria just laughed before deciding to talk about Ashley. "Veronica is a much harder worker, so she deserves some preferential treatment. However, Veronica responds well when you give her flexibility and understanding. Ashley, on the other hand, responds best when she's pushed."

Carmen was even more impressed with how well Maria understood all her employees.

"Ashley pretends like she doesn't like it," the supervisor continued. "She'll roll her eyes and make comments. Secretly, she wants and needs that type of guidance. She does a magnificent job when I get on her ass. She's learning to do it on her own, but I'm helping her for now."

"And then there's Monica," Maria continued. "She's everybody's best friend. She wants everyone to like her, and she wants everyone to get along. Monica can talk to anybody and she does her best work when she's just being herself."

"They all have their flaws, but I'm so lucky to have such a wonderful group," Maria finished with a look of satisfaction.

"Thank you for being so open with me," Carmen said with a big smile. "I never imagined sitting down and having such a good time with you."

"Few people do, Carmen. Like you, I was thrust into the work world at a young age. I had to develop a no-nonsense attitude so people would take me seriously."

"I'm not going to lie," the young employee said with a deep breath. "You are very intimidating. It makes me feel so inferior having such a young and successful boss."

"I appreciate that, but please don't compare yourself to me or others. You're doing great!"

"Maria..." Carmen said, pausing. "Do you ever feel you missed out on life because you are so preoccupied with work?"

"I think about that sometimes," Maria admitted. "Is that something you are dealing with?"