Janice and Me Ch. 02

Story Info
Continuation of our story - her aparment.
6.2k words
4.74
3.4k
4
Story does not have any tags

Part 2 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 07/25/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

My meeting with the client went very well. We had another planned for the morning to start to map out details, but the gist of the afternoon's meeting was that our companies would take on a joint task, leveraging the strengths of each. We were going to skip dinner that night, and planned a celebratory dinner meeting the following evening, when my CEO from Baltimore could join us.

This, of course, meant that I had the evening free to spend with Janice, so I called her with what I hoped was the good news, but she failed to answer her phone. I left a quick message asking her to call me back, and told her that I was headed to my hotel and had the evening free.

When I got to the hotel, the concierge flagged me down in the lobby.

"We're sorry that you are checking out early," she said with a knowing smile, "you're lady-friend packed everything for you and left it here with a note, and asked me to deliver it to you. I'll give you a couple of minutes, then we can talk again, OK?"

"S-sure," I half stammered, not knowing what in the hell was going on. Still, I stepped away to open the note.

"Sean - first, please don't be angry, it is very impetuous of me, and I'm not normally this way, but the way we left things makes me hope this is OK. You said that it would go one of two ways, either you'd be heading back to Baltimore, or you'd be staying over. Well, I hope that either way, you will come and stay with me! I know, this is faster than you want, and I've already told you how scared I am, but if you live in Baltimore, and I live in New York, we will have to make all the use of time that we have!

"So, as I see it there are three scenarios - One - the meeting did not go well, and you need to get to the train to go back. Two, you are staying, but you don't like the idea of staying with me, in which case, I've already paid the concierge to hold for you, and give you back your room. Three (and I'm really hoping for this one!), you will go back to the concierge, and she will order a car to bring you to my place!"

"PS - I'm way too nervous to answer the phone, so don't take that as a bad sign!"

Before I could even step toward the concierge, she knew the answer and was on the phone getting me a car.

"How can I have flowers delivered before I get there?" I asked her.

"Oh, well, that's easy around here!" she came back with.

We worked out the particulars and I tipped her nicely for her efforts. She was grinning from ear-to-ear as she hung up with a florist.

"What?" I asked her.

"You two are both just unique, and I can't decide which one of you is luckier! She's a gorgeous, lively woman and you are a hunk, and caring man, and I hope you two make beautiful babies one day!"

That comment had me choked a bit.

"Let's not get ahead of ourselves, shall we?" I said.

"Hey, I'm a romantic, and I certainly see enough shit in this job - I just hope things work our for two nice people like you! Heck, if I weren't over 50, I'd probably be fighting to get to either one of you!"

With that, I thanked her, and met the car out in front. It occured to me that I did not even know where I was going, but the driver assured me that he knew. We pulled up to a building in the Nolita neighborhood. The driver directed me to the proper entrance, and told me not to worry. I looked at him quizzically, and he just nodded in the direction of the door. I started to grab my wallet, and he assured me that there was no need, and so I simply thanked him.

I grabbed my bags and started toward the building. As I approached, the doorman nodded my way, as if he knew me, and opened the door. Inside, Janice was waiting by the elevator, a huge shit eating grin on her face.

"I'm SO glad you decided to come! I got the flowers - they're lovely, and you shouldn't have - and the concierge called me as soon as you left telling me that you were on your way. Please come up with me, I can't wait to show you the place!"

She was giddy like a school girl, and I was still a bit overwhelmed by it all. As the elevator doors closed she threw her arms around me and kissed me.

"Are you OK?" she asked stepping back.

"I - well yeah, but I feel like I've stepped onto a moving sidewalk that's going a whole lot faster than I bargained for. I just need to get up to speed, here."

"You're angry!" she said, with a little bit of a pout.

"Are you kidding? No! I'm just - overwhelmed. I mean, I admit, I broke into such a grin when I read your note that the concierge was calling for a car before I even got to tell her, and I'm quite happy that we can spend more time together, but I haven't had anyone pack a bag for me since I was a kid. I just need to slow down for a second or two, that's all."

She looked at me as the elevator stopped at the top floor. She lifted her skirt as she stepped out, flashing me her bare ass, saying over her shoulder, "OK, but only a second or two!"

I grabbed my bags and quickly followed her to her door. I noticed that there were only four doors in the hallway, hers was 12A.

She opened the door to a short hallway. An open door on the left was clearly her bedroom, and just past two closed doors on the right, the hallway opened up to a kitchen on the right, and an open sliding door on the left. She motioned to the room on the left and told me that I could put my bags there, "for now." The room had a desk and bookshelves and a small daybed.

"That's my office slash guest bedroom," she said, "but except when my mother comes to stay without my father, it's mostly just my office."

The kitchen was not huge, but was a good size for what I remember of New York apartments. Modern, well appointed appliances and a small table with four chairs.

A bit further into the apartment was a dining room, also with a small table, and another desk area, with a larger computer and several pictures around it.

"Another office space?" I asked.

"No, that's more for personal things. I've been taking a photography course, and those are some of my projects for the course."

On the other side of the dining area was a living room - quite large, with a wall of windows looking out over the neighborhood. A small door lead to a small balcony, with a small table and two chairs.

"Hmm, your own balcony!" I said.

"Yeah, that's the small balcony. I like to have breakfast out there in the spring and fall. Summer can get a bit hot. But, having the top floor, I also have a roof balcony area, with a couple of loungers. Of course, my neighbors do, too, so it's not exactly private, though we have some screening so it's not completely 'shared' space, either."

"Holy cow! I can't even imagine what this must set you back! Oh, I'm sorry, that was rude!"

"No, it's OK. Yes, it's Manhattan, and a nice neighborhood, to boot. Not quite Park Avenue, but it's OK. You could have stuck with the firm, you know, the pay is well above average."

"I know, but the job in Baltimore is quite good for me - I get the freedoms and responsibilities that I was looking for, and I am not living in the poor house, either."

"So, do you want a glass of wine and the rest of the tour?"

"Sure, sounds great!"

We walked to the kitchen, where a bottle of Shiraz was breathing next to a pair of glasses.

"From last night, I remembered that you like Shiraz, and I opened this as soon as the concierge called."

She poured two glasses and handed me one, holding the other up - "Here's to new beginnings!" she said.

I smiled broadly, and touched her glass with mine, "To new beginnings!" and we each had a sip.

"So, let me see the roof!"

We went back toward the entrance, and she opened one of the closed doors that led to a stairway, and we walked to the roof. The roof area was quartered, one for each of the top floor apartments. The divisions were latticework "walls" allowing some separation, but, as Janice said, not really private, but not like it was one open space. Her roof area was a large deck, with four chaise lounge chairs, with no cushions, and there was a large storage locker, a couple of sizable trees in large containers, and several smaller planters with flowers and shrubs.

"Very nice!" I said. "How in the hell did you get those plants here?"

"Well," she replied, pointing to the center area, "the elevator does come up here, and I actually have a city garden business who take care of the plants for me. I'd love to have more time to do it all myself, but after killing several plants, I gave in to the fact that I just don't have time."

"Do you know all your neighbors?" I asked.

"Of course. Frank and John are over there. They like to have parties up here, and Alice and Tim have a hot tub, and they love to have sex up here. Alice told me when I moved in that they did not mean to be lewd, and that they are not really exhibitionists, but that they are uninhibited, and she meant it! Betty and Alex are only here about half the time as Alex works in New York and Dubai. They don't have much up on the roof level.

"Are you ready to move on?" she asked. "I see that you were thirsty!"

I looked at my wine glass that was nearly empty.

I followed her back down the stairs into the hallway.

"This is a small closet," she said, nodding toward the other door in the hallway. She stepped into the office area, "this is my office when I'm working from home, and through that door is the guest bathroom, and," she continued stepping back into the hallway, "this is the way to my room."

Her room was a large bedroom, with a queen-sized bed, a couple of chairs, a dresser, vanity area and a large TV on the wall.

"And the master bathroom suite -" she continued through another sliding door.

The bathroom had a large, glassed in shower, one with multiple shower heads and jets, a Jacuzzi tub, with a toilet and bidet, and a large double sink area. The floor and walls were an earth-toned tile.

"Wow, this is a quite a space!" I said.

"Yes, I get quite used to the creature comforts here. The Jaccuzzi can help alleviate a stressful day. But, that's the end of the tour, more wine and a seat on the small balcony?"

"Sure," I replied.

We stepped out on the small balcony, looking over the neighborhood. The sun was starting to go down, the heat of the day past.

"So, what happened today? Apparently there is no dinner tonight, so I hesitate to ask."

"Oh, no," I replied, "it went quite well, we will meet again all day tomorrow, and plan a dinner to cap it off tomorrow night. Everything has been agreed to at a high level, tomorrow we get to details."

"So, you do need a place for the night then? You don't mind that I have you here?" she asked, a bit of a quaver in her voice.

"Janice, I told you before, I have been interested in you almost since we first met. That being said, this is all a bit fast for me, too. I can't even imagine the hurts you've been through, so I'm trying to understand all of that."

"You're angry with me?"

"No! Not angry, I just don't move so quickly - I was in a relationship that moved too fast, and in the end we were both scarred. I am a bit gun-shy about giving my heart too fast, and I especially don't want to hurt you given how you've been hurt before."

She said nothing for a few seconds, just looked at me. Again I saw a mix of defiance and vulnerability in her eyes.

"Sean, I've told you that I have tried going slow, and I've given my heart to a couple of guys, and then, as soon as they find out about my anatomy, they disappear like rabbit being chased by a hound."

"I get that," I replied, "but I already know about your anatomy, and not only did I not leave, I practically begged you not to leave, remember?"

"Yes, I do, you were quite cute and naked at the time!"

"Well, you didn't leave me much choice in the matter. Two more seconds and anyone in the hotel corridor would have seen me flashing my buns at them, too. The point is, I am not those guys!"

"No, you're not," she replied, the defiance leaving her face, leaving only the little girl look I'd seen before. "So, we need to move slowly - how does that look to you? I have to tell you, I have an urge to grab a hold of you and cling too tightly, but I know that won't work. I have insecurities, Sean, I'll try to overcome that, but I've been so hurt before."

She looked about to cry. I put down my wine, and I motioned for her to come to me. She sat on my lap and I hugged her close.

"Janice, I promise I will do my best never to hurt you. I am quite happy that you agreed to a date, and that we went through that odd ritual last night."

"Odd ritual?" she said, sitting up suddenly, "Sex with me is an odd ritual?"

"No, the 'you strip and sit on the bed while I strip for you' part! I can assure you that no date of mine has ever gone like that. But I did not run away - and after that we had a great time - well, I had a great time, and it seemed like you did, too. And then this morning again, so I have seen, and enjoyed your unique anatomy. If, for some reason, things don't work out for us, I assure you, it will not be because of your anatomy! I quite enjoy it!"

She was still looking vulnerable, cuddled up on my lap.

"Are you real? Are you some 'wish' that I've brought to life?" she asked almost in a whisper.

"Shall I show you the black and blue mark on my ass from the pinch you gave me this morning? Please don't test my 'realness' like that again!"

Suddenly she was kissing me, passionately, and melting into my arms.

She stopped and sat back, "I'm sorry! I'm moving too fast!" she scrambled to get off of my lap. "Dinner! We need to get some dinner plans, then I can get the futon set up in the guest room - please say you'll stay, I won't put pressure on you to stay in my bed - um, in my room, but please say you'll stay, I don't think I could bear it if you left now! I promise I will try to slow myself down, but I'm as giddy as a school girl right now!"

She kept going about a mile a minute. I had literally never seen her lose it like this at work - always in charge of herself and the whole office - that's why they paid her enough to afford this place in Manhattan.

I stood up, and held my finger to her lips to "shhh" her, and I wrapped my arms around her.

"Janice slow down! Get a hold of yourself! Of course I'll stay - I took option three in the note, remember? Let me take you out to dinner again tonight, less wine and no scotch, and let's see what happens, OK? We can leave setting up beds until later. You must have a favorite local eatery we can walk to, right?"

"OK, OK, I'm sorry, I'm nervous!"

I leaned in and kissed her.

"Settle the nerves, take a deep breath, and let's go eat."

She closed her eyes, and did take a deep breath, or two.

"OK, I have my favorite sushi place, or there's O'Malley's, a true Irish pub - what are you in the mood for?"

I gave her a lustful look at the question.

"Oh, and I'm moving too fast? You said dinner!"

"OK, then sushi and some sake, but not too much. I want us both to have perfectly clear heads."

We got ourselves ready and walked out of her building and out to the sushi place. She was greeted by name by the hostess.

"Ah, Miss Janice, so nice to see you this evening! And who is this?"

"This is my friend Sean, we used to work together, and he is in town for a few days, so I get to show him some of my favorite neighborhood places, and this is on the top of the list!"

"Oh, your so kind, Miss Janice, and you are so lucky to be here with her!" the hostess said to me.

"I am well aware!" I replied, "Janice is indeed a special lady, and I am so happy that we have an opportunity to get reacquainted."

The hostess gave us a smile that I'm sure she would give anyone that she thought was going home for sex after dinner.

We sat at our table, and I let Janice order for us. We had some warm sake, and the food was delicious. We discussed work, but not much, and a bit more of family backgrounds - she is an only child, whose parents live in Buffalo, and her father is semi-retired.

"What does that mean?" I asked.

"He has 'officially' retired, but he is still doing a couple of projects for his firm."

I told her about my parents and older sister. Parents in southwest Virginia, and sister in Alexandria. My sister works for the State Department, my father was the mayor of our little town. He has also officially retired, but once you are in small town politics, you never really retire. My mother still teaches music to private students, but has retired from full-time teaching.

We were both ambitious about work, but also guard our time away. Janice likes travel to exotic locations, and I like travel to historical locations, but we agreed that travel to new locations opened up the mind and spirit to others and other cultures. She loves living in Manhattan, and I tried to talk to her about the charms of Baltimore, but we both also love getting out of the cities and into the mountains. She loves the Berkshires, but I'd never been there, and she talked quite a bit about the places she would love to show me. I love the Shenandoah park and all that the southern Appalachians have to offer.

I paid for dinner, and as we walked out the door, I stepped in next to her and we walked arm in arm back to her place. Again, I sensed her getting nervous. My insistence that we keep things a little slow had her nervous about what to do. My sense of infatuation with her, had me wanting to throw caution to the wind.

"Do you want more wine?" she asked me.

"No, thank you, I want a very clear head right now."

"I'm feeling like I need something stronger. Sean, I'm not sure what to do. Moving slow - I still don't know what that looks like. You know - is sex off the table for now?"

"Wow, I guess in a fit of passion sex on a table is OK, but generally that sounds uncomfortable!"

"Please, no joking! I don't know what to do next. We've already had sex and, given that, at this point in the date I want nothing more than to jump your bones!"

"Come here," I said to her, not as a command, but still with conviction.

She walked to me and I wrapped my arms around her.

"I was not lying when I said I was not a 'sex on the first date' kind of guy, but that ship has sailed. The reason I did not want much alcohol tonight was to keep my head clear and understand my thoughts and feelings. When we worked together I was infatuated with you, but the whole 'no dating a coworker' meant that you were off limits, and that only fueled the infatuation. Last night, after we talked and you threw yourself at me, I was so happy to just be with you that my usual tendency to take it slow got run over by the passion. Now, with a clearer head, and having spent time talking and getting to know who you are, I am more infatuated than ever. You are an intriguing lady and I really enjoy having you at my side. And I really, really enjoyed having me inside you, and yes, I would love having you 'jump my bones'!"

I kissed her before she could speak, and she returned the kiss with a passion and fervor.

She broke the kiss with an odd look on her face.

"What?"

"Well," she said, a bit slowly, "I have this fantasy that you can help me with."

"Wow, we're already up to sharing fantasies?"

"This isn't too wild or kinky - hell you're a guy who, uh, cleans up after himself, so I don't think it will be kinky for you. I want to have sex on the roof balcony! What do you say? It's a warm night! I don't want Alice and Tim to be the only ones who have fun up there!"

"Sex under the moonlight? I guess everyone likes to think about sex outside at times. What if Frank and John was it? What if they are having one of their parties?"

"Well, then maybe not, but if it's quiet up there..."

She almost ran to the door for the stairway, and was up and down the stairs in nothing flat. The grin on her face told me the answer.

12