January Ch. 01

Story Info
Kay never expected the journey one night out would reveal.
4.3k words
3.38
22.3k
14

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 07/11/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Friday - 8:31 PM

It had been six years since Mike and Kay got engaged on their exhilarating Alaskan adventure. Like a lot of couples, they experienced many ups and downs since then. Some of the "ups" almost elevated them to a place where they hardly ever struggled to be happy. Though, some of the downs nearly destroyed all that they were.

As a very gifted man once stated, "It was the best of times. It was the worst of times."

~ A Tale of Two Cities

Charles Dickens

1859

Though, the spirit of that second sentence still held so much meaning for the couple. Now approaching their societal primes. For being "hip with the kids" is just for that. Kids. They also knew that they could never possibly achieve the image of a fully fit couple in their twenties. Because said couples are just that, in their twenties.

What Mike and Kay did achieve was the solid knowledge and confidence in what they currently were. Not what society demands of all who do not revert to a post-adolescence mockery of their former selves.

Mike never accomplished his dreams of owning a business. However, he did fully embrace what he was good at, and continued to maximize his potential in that arena. He was able to reach a state of contentment. He finally got back into what he considered acceptable shape. But with his workload always stealing his hours, he still was not where he felt he should ideally be.

Kay worked at her retail job for four of the six years. She excelled at various departments. She even tried her hand at management, which she learned she'd developed the talent for it, but soon realized it just wasn't something she could see herself pursuing for another fifteen years. So she decided to cut her work hours down to just weekends. and eventually went back to school. She kept her curriculum to gen-ed and elective credits in order to not close any potential doors. Later, she planned to take credits in that which she decided to pursue as a career.

Furthermore, with slightly more free time on her hands, she committed to her physique. At first she didn't see herself ever reaching her fitness goals. But one day it just clicked. After getting out of the shower one afternoon, she caught a glimpse of herself in the mirror. She'd finally done it. She was right where she wanted to be. In Mike's and other men's, and some women's, eyes, she'd always been this. But now, in her bewildered state, Kay saw herself as the bombshell that she was. Her stunning face coupled with her trimmed, curvy, hourglass figure was a sight to take in. She made even herself wet looking at what stood before her.

The couple had moved to a moderate, yet impressive looking house near their old neighborhood in Las Vegas, Nevada. One of the homes they pointed to countless times, wishing they could one day live in. It was furnished nicely. And everything was still relatively new. For the low rate the couple received on the property, there wasn't much to complain about. Still, it may as well have been a concrete box with how often Mike was out catering to tourists, and fixing problems for locals.

Kay loved her husband. She applauded the hard work he did for them. And she surely respected how much he was willing to sacrifice for their marriage. But the truth of the matter was, she was sacrificing a lot too. And night by night, Mike's notice of this seemed to dwindle less and less. She knew he loved her more than life itself. And that's why he was doing this. But it was getting to the point to where life itself was what he was starting to pass up. Their life, together. Nevertheless, she decided to keep pushing to help make things better. As she always did. Hopefully, her husband would come around.

Mike on the other hand, was still a male who was getting older. Though he still physically did things for his love that no other man could do, he finally was internally admitting his age. And as his philosophy always concluded, this was something that he accepted and encouraged Kay to do the same. As Mike now needed Kay to experience life and romance again. Not monotone sleeping arrangements and long nights home alone while her husband worked. And that was the part he couldn't get past. Even though he knew there was very little he could do to change it at this point, no matter how much his wonderful wife deserved it.

Meeting others for intimate relations was never something that was discouraged by Kay's husband. Yet it was also never a huge priority for her either. She loved Mike. He was her priority. And without such a connection, interest in other men was few and far between. However, the extended nights home alone, and not a lot going on when she wasn't, plus a lot of the role-playing her and Mike got into later in their relationship, made the thought of another at cross her mind at least from time to time. Though she'd likely would never go so far. Would she?

Regardless of such silly confusion, Kay had to get out of the house. At least for a night. She'd had too much of the comfortable solitude, and she finally made up her mind that she would go out. See people being people. Even under her whispered prayers that they wouldn't try to be people to her. As in talking to her. She desperately wanted the good old days of social distancing back. However, it did cross her mind that it was the lack of responses she'd gotten from her husband since that afternoon, that finally drove her to need an escape.

Kay could cope with being alone. But when she received nothing but texted one-liners, emojis, and ignored phone calls, she drew a hard line. She didn't think he was having an affair. But this was almost worse. One of the details that killed her the most about all of this was the fact that she knew that his behavior wasn't intentional. That it came from a place of wanting desperately to make her life better and better. But in his drive to accomplish this, they were left with the situation at hand.

According to Mike's most recent communications, if one were to call them that, Kay had all night to herself. It was still early and she wasn't tired enough to sleep. She would only wind up stewing over everything in her mind, and staying awake until at least the early AM. Going somewhere, anywhere, may be just the right distraction.

For this evening holiday, Kay chose to go to the local, neighborhood bar for a drink. She wasted no time in throwing on her black, lace panties and matching bra. They were her most comfortable set of undergarments. She followed these with a tight fitting, light-blue t-shirt and equally form fitting, dark-blue jeans. Despite the occasional lapse in confidence, she was impressed with the finished product of all of her hard work at the gym. She smiled at herself as she adjusted her breasts beneath the various layers of fabric, until they sat in appearance and feel to her liking. This was followed by a smirk of agreement as she did the same with her Kardashian-esque butt, along with a quick, firm smack with the palm of her hand. The shape of it bounced back flawlessly.

The lady of the house threw on a quick layer of makeup. Nothing too crazy. She wasn't looking to impress anyone. After tying her hair back, she grabbed the mid-cut, black leather jacket out of the coat closet by the front door. After setting the home alarm and locking up, she headed to her car without looking back.

________________________________________________________________________

Friday - 8:56 PM

Kay accelerated towards the bar faster than she normally would. Maybe then she could be distracted long enough for her husband to hopefully text her back. As she did, her mind repeatedly raced back to the emerging marital issues she was experiencing with Mike. On the one hand, their life together was everything they always wanted it to be. On the other, it was beginning to feel like the most important part of that picture was beginning to fade.

Upon entering the lone-standing establishment, Kay was almost immediately disappointed to learn that all of the slot machines were taken by other patrons. And none of them seemed like they would be vacating them any time soon. Begrudgingly, she sat at one of the barstools without a machine. She had a choice between two of them. One was near a quiet, old woman who was casually playing one of the machines. The other was near a middle-aged man in a suit who was smiling at her as soon as her eyes met his. It didn't take long before Kay decided. She sat down at the stool next to the old woman.

Kay retrieved her phone from her pocket in order to find something online that might kill the time it takes to get a bartender. But the real reason for this that she didn't want to admit to herself, was the burning need for her husband to respond to her.

Mike's behavior wasn't even outlandish for what his usual personality would explain. So she did not think that he was trying to hurt her. But over the previous six months or so, it had been just ignorant enough to warrant her current feelings of abandonment. Not abandonment in the classical sense. But more along the lines of not outwardly appreciating her as much as he used to. And since this was such a new change still, Kay was having a harder time with it than she ever would have expected. And low and behold, upon looking at her phone screen, there were zero notifications.

"Hey doll!" Amanda yelled as she enthusiastically approached to greet her friend and patron. And upon Kay looking up, having not expected the sudden interruption of her deep thoughts, she immediately knew that something was amiss.

Amanda was someone Kay got along with easily. She was a good fit as a friend, and both women usually found their conversations flowing naturally. They often made each other laugh, and found they could trust one another on a level of friendship. Both Kay and Amanda were married. Kay for three and a half years, and Amanda for just over twelve. Amanda was about six years older than Kay, but appearance-wise it was difficult to tell until you were within conversational distance. Even then, the variation in age was only barely apparent. Though Amanda did have a much more extroverted personality. And with that came an abundance of sexual confidence.

All of this teamed badly with an incident in which Kay caught her husband checking the bartender out a little too long for her comfort, when he thought she wasn't looking. She never confronted him about it, and Mike never mentioned it, but both of them knew Kay had taken notice to it with a not so pleasant energy. She admitted to herself that she could see why he looked. By all accounts, Amanda was beautiful, personable, confident, and just in that sweet spot of age that constitutes a lady to be considered a "hot older woman." Plus her Texas accent and sexy cowboy hat she always wore while tending bar only added to her sex appeal. And not to mention Mike's debaucherous past, and his "hotwife fantasies."

Kay knew that she couldn't fully blame her husband for looking. Hell, she was even slightly turned on in her presence. During one, distant conversation, she even learned that Amanda has sexual attraction to women. And when the occasional chemistry vibe emerged between them every now and then, Kay could not deny the slight arousal she felt from it.

Plainly stating, someone the couple were both friends with, that Mike had obviously fantasized about, and who lived and worked so close to the couples home, was the final kicker of what got to Kay. Not dramatically so. But enough to leave an impression for sure. Mike cannot comprehend that kind of jealousy. To his detriment, it's ever-elusive and alien to him. So of course, he wouldn't ever truly understand. His version of it is similar. But by-far not comparable.

Mike sometimes said he valued such reactions in his wife. That it made him feel like he meant a lot to her. And he was always very quick to not let it be an issue again. With the same woman that is. But Kay wished he knew how it felt. Although she was pretty sure he'd never act on such desires, and that they would be there regardless of how much he wanted to make her happy, it still felt pretty crummy every time she had to deal with them. However, dwelling on this impossible to resolve subject was futile. She decided not to let it get to her on any significant level. They were all friends after all. And there is important value in that.

"You alright?" Amanda asked concernedly.

"Ya. I'm good." Kay responded a bit to quickly for it to come off as sincere. She placed her phone facedown on the bar and managed to dredge up a pleasant looking smile.

"You sure?" Amanda countered, as to say she didn't fully buy it. But also to obviously give her another chance to confide if she needed to.

"Yes." Kay assured with a brief, forced laugh. "I'm just tired, and I could use a drink."

Mike's wife was pretty good at segregating one circumstance from another. She was able to live in any given moment, and at least pseudo-successfully keep her darker thoughts at bay. This one being her husband's newfound distance from her, for the sake of his career. She could usually do this at least until the current stimulation subsides. Until she's alone with herself once more.

"Alright Darlin' what'll it be?" Amanda returned to her usual, cheery demeanor. Clearly respecting her friend's boundaries.

The ladies swapped knowing smiles, as if sharing some inside joke. As the energy proved it obvious that both of them were now fabricating their true feelings for different reasons.

"Audios sounds yummy!" Kay blurted out excitedly. She was obviously forcing her mind away from tonight's major subject. But it was also clear that she'd been fantasizing about this particular drink for some time tonight.

Amanda's features instantly sank to that of someone who is painfully regretful of the fact that she was about to deliver more bad news, to someone that seems like they already received some.

Amanda frowned and spoke sheepishly. "I'm sorry sweety, but we're out of some of the mixers."

Kay's blood boiled inside. It was like the universe decided to just keep shitting on her, on the one night she decided to finally do something for just herself. Not only was she depressed about Mike. But of course, there were no machines available. And now this.

Knowing full well that this was in no way Amanda's fault, Kay responded as though it didn't phase her. She was good at these sorts of things. And nearly two decades of customer service and sales roles had definitely helped her to hone such skills.

"It's okay. Bloody Mary! Spicy if you could." Kay suggested in consideration.

"Spicy drink for a spicy girl. Coming right up Doll!" Amanda replied with a quick wink and playful smile, before she was swiftly off to fill Kay's order. A wink and a smile delivered with an alluring tone that immediately drew Kay in, and forced her to revisit those feelings of arousal that always confused her in a not-so unpleasant way. Though, as fast as these feelings came, they dissipated. Kay's mind was prompted to return to its somewhat melancholy state, by her phone's almost aggressive vibration upon the wooden bar. It was a text was from her husband.

Mike: What are you up to?

Kay: Went to the bar.

Mike: Hope you have a fun time.

Kay could suddenly feel her blood pressure rising substantially.

Kay: That's it?

Mike: What do you mean?

Kay: You haven't said anything since this afternoon.

Mike: Sorry. It's been crazy.

Kay: Ah.

Mike:...?

Kay: What?

Mike: I don't know. Kind of short.

Kay: I don't see how you couldn't just text real quick to at least let me know you're okay.

Mike: I told you I was busy.

Throughout the entire text-conversation, which lasted a little over an hour, Kay ordered several more drinks. She was closing in on her fourth one when she finally decided to fully call Mike out.

Kay: What's got you so busy that you can't even reassure your wife?

Mike: I don't know. Maybe busting ass at busting ass?

Kay: Got it. Thanks.

Kay had had enough at this point. Mike being emotionally distant for over half a year was bad enough. But now he decided to be an asshole on top of it. She was done with this subject for the night. And in-came drink number five.

Mike: Whatever. Okay. Fine. How are you getting home?

Kay: In my magic driving device called a car.

Mike: Wtf?! I'm just asking a normal question.

Kay: And I answered it.

Mike: Are you drunk? Are you actually able to drive?

Kay: Probably. But I guess we'll find out won't we?

Mike: You cannot drive home drunk! There are other ways that won't risk you getting arrested or killed! That's a real risk!

Kay: "Why don't you come and get me then?"

Mike: "I'm two-hundred and fifty miles past Boulder City right now. I wouldn't be able to get to you until nearly sunup."

Kay: "Don't you see how it's a problem that I didn't even know that?"

Mike: "Listen, I'm sorry. We can talk soon. But let me order you an Uber or a taxi."

Kay: "Nope. I can take care of myself. Like I have been for the last half year. Thanks!"

Mike: "Will you please stop? We can talk at home tomorrow. I promise."

At this point, Amanda had taken notice of how negative Kay's body language had become while texting. She decided to walk back over to check on her.

"Hey, what the hell?! What's goin' on Doll?" She asked cautiously.

Kay stayed quiet for a moment, then responded solemnly. "I'll be okay. It's just Mike. We've been fighting a bit."

"Wanna talk about it?" Amanda tenderly asked.

"Trust me, I'm fine. I just need to get home and think."

"You need a ride? I'm off early tonight. About forty-five minutes okay?" Amanda offered.

"It's okay. I'm just down the road." Kay declared.

Amanda suddenly put on an accusatory stare. "Don't bullshit me!" She humorously chided. "I've been doing this a long time. And I know what someone is fabricating that shit."

Laughing, Kay then offered a compromise to her clearly concerned friend. "I can just Uber no worr..."

"Stop! It's decided. I live next door to you stupid!" She teased. "Now don't go anywhere. I'll grab you one more to hold you over." Kay had no retort handy for suddenly being cut off by her good natured friend. So she just waited for her final drink of the evening. She was a bit frustrated, but honestly touched by Amanda's powerful show of protection.

"It's missing a couple of key ingredients. But I think I got it pretty close. Here. Drink this while I finish up my side-work. On the house!" Amanda slid a greenish-blue colored drink in large, frosty glass.

Kay's spirits suddenly raised at the proposed mock-audios. She sipped it skeptically. But she was pleasantly surprised to find that it was strikingly close to what she'd been craving. It clearly wasn't as potent in the alcohol department. But after the five drinks before it, that was probably for the best.

"It's yummy!" The now heavily intoxicated Kay yelled across the bar to Amanda, who was placing some shot glasses into a gray, plastic tub. She looked up and smiled at Kay, and gave her a thumbs up. She was obviously pleased with her handiwork.

Kay's phone vibrated once more. She already knew who it would be.

Mike: Hello?

Kay: "Text you when I'm home. I love you."

Mike: DO NOT DRIVE DRUNK! I fucking mean it! Don't be stupid just because you're pissed at me.

Kay: Relax. I got a ride.

Mike: Cool. Thank you. I love you too.

Mike: Wait. From who?

Kay: Just a friend. Don't worry about it.

Mike:...

Kay:...?

Mike: Wtf does that mean? What do you mean "just a friend?" Who's this friend you can't tell me about?

Kay: HAHAHA!

Mike: How the fuck drunk are you?! I deserve to know what's going on.

Kay: Yes sir Captain! Powering down now! All systems go! Over and out! BYYYYYEEEE!

Kay's phone began to ring. It was Mike. And with that, Kay powered off her phone. She felt sort of bad, but not really. Actually, she felt pretty good.

12