Jay's Loelife Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I spend the rest of the night right there, with my chin resting on my arms and my back to everyone like they don't even exist. And I smile so fucking shamelessly as we talk. I should be embarrassed. I am embarrassed. I also don't fucking care.

When the night is over, I 'help' Jay to the parking lot. When we get to his car, he leans against the door and crosses his arms. "Tonight was nice but there's a whole conversation from two months ago that exists."

I nod. He's right. "There is and not much has changed."

"Then why'd you find me tonight?" he asks. "If nothing changed? Why?"

"I'd like it to change."

He smiles. Like, really smiles. "You make it really hard to not kiss you."

My stomach jumps to my throat. "I mean, I'm not stopping you."

"Your list of importances is."

"My list of importances?"

"Work, work, gym, rock-climbing, work...Jay somewhere near the bottom."

I step forward, almost pressing him against the car. His eyes are full of humor and excitement. "Where does Jay need to be before it's not so hard to kiss me?"

He grips my shoulders and carefully moves me out of his personal zone then nonchalantly opens the driver's door. "Time will tell."

I stop the door from closing. "Should you be driving?"

"I'm fine, Loren. Like I said, it's mostly precautionary. Plus, it's my left foot. I only need my right to drive."

"It seems dangerous. Maybe you should let me get you home."

I think he's going to let me, he seems to like the idea well enough. I don't know him well but I imagine he's all about the sappy smothering shit. I'm almost positive he'd get a boner if I ever brought him hot soup when he's sick.

In the end, he shakes his head. "I promise I can make it. If I run into trouble, I'll call."

Jay uses both hands to pull his leg into the SUV. When he's situated, he starts the SUV and waves almost teasingly as he pulls away.

****

Who knows what the hell my face says when I get in Corey's car, but he's on my ass the whole drive home. Question after question after question.

"You could at least stop smiling."

I suck my cheeks in to stop from smiling which only makes us laugh harder.

"You're so fucking done," he teases.

Before bed I shoot off a little text. Goodnight and take care of that knee

Jay: Holy shit. A text? Pulling out the big guns aren't we?

Me: Asshole

Jay: Stop with the romance. You had me at hello. Also, should I not have climbed three flights of stairs to my bedroom?

Me: I hope you're kidding...

Jay responded with a wink face.

I've always hated texting, still do, but maybe I see what the fuss is about because, damn, I'm tempted to keep going.

But if I do, I can't see the way he blushes or the sassy way he eyes me. The only way I'm ever going to see those things, is to see him again...

Now it's my turn to blush.

I put my phone on the charger and crawl in bed with the stupid fucking smile that apparently has no plans of going anywhere.

Copyright © 2022 Mrsgnomie; All Rights Reserved.

12