All Comments on 'Jay's Loelife Ch. 18'

by Mrsgnomie

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
RikAlAdRikAlAdalmost 2 years ago

The ability of MsGnomie to create such credible and compelling dialogue is outstanding. I always feel like I know her men and find myself cheering them on in the challenges they face in their relationships. Truly a spectacular writer.

dnsontndnsontnalmost 2 years ago

Can’t help wonder how well this will go with Loren. Love Jay calling Aido his best friend. Sweet ending on what I suspect is a slippery slope.

sm1982sm1982almost 2 years ago

I’m always gonna be Team Jay so when I read Loe talmbout he had to wait a long time to physically be with Jay is like c’mon dude, you have amnesia? Jay was head over heels for Loe since the first time he saw him while Loe played hard to get and even when he started coming around, he ain’t make it easy for Jay smh all I keep reading is Loe coming at Jay Al it double standards and always waiting til shit hits the fan and storming off for Loe to say it always feels like Jay gets his way. Is he serious? Jay is all in, wanting a family, the husband, kids with Loe to wind up having to pretty much give up on all of that to appease Loe cuz he refuses to really deal with his family issues. That’s a LOT to ask of someone to give up when that’s all they’ve ever wanted. And Jay has given up that dream with little pull from Loe.

And from what is mentioned of these two in Seamus and Matt’s story, Jay is left to being an uncle to Aidan and his lil brother with no children in the foreseeable future for him to call his own. I have yet to be 100% convinced that Jay should be with Loe. They come off as polar opposites when it comes to major goals and Loe often makes Jay look like the villain because he is more open and honest with his intentions. Jay better than most and as a woman, I would’ve been left Loe. And author, I don’t know what’s taking so long to get this reunion submitted for us to read but hopefully Lars pops his trifling ass up for Turkey Day or Christmas.. Loe ain’t the only one I want to give a piece of my mind too!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Probably a very unpopular opinion, but here goes… I don’t think Jay and Loe are good for each other. Sure they are both incredible looking, sexy and fit, rich and famous, and envied by many. I can easily see the attraction each has for the other and the lust and hot sex is obviously great. And they have grown to have strong feelings for each other and probably are growing to actually love each other. BUT they are much too different at their cores, different values, different wants and desires out of life, different goals for their futures. And not just a bit different but like 190 degrees opposed to each other. Things like opposing views on family, holidays, marriage, kids, job conflicts/pressures are HUGE. These are classic dealbreakers in many relationships and these two have all of them piled up around them. You see it in the way they communicate, spend their time, resolve their conflicts, react to each other, and hurt each other. Loe’s extremely punishing two-week freeze out of Jay and his childish, dramatic treatment of Jay at the awards event are prime examples of what I’m saying. Jay shouldn’t be punished severely for wanting Loe to meet his family (gasp, on a holiday!) or for wanting what Aido brings into Matt and Seamus’ lives. The same way Loe shouldn’t be made to feel forced into marriage and children because Jay wants and expects those. But the facts remain, that both are having to compromise too much of their core values for the sake of the other. It’s likely, many readers don’t see it this way but imo each chapter builds on how little things set them off, they make unilateral decisions (uh, drastic last minute change for Thanksgiving isn’t gonna be Loe’s favorite thing) that upset the other, and they don’t understand key critical parts of the other’s basic make-up. Not sure how this will end, but unless there is a major shift in things I don’t think they can make each other happy, content and fulfilled in the long-run.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I normally don’t comment much, but i sincerely ask you to continue with your incredible story

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Ah, the therapies sure are working, and that's good news. Hopefully future clashes will be dealt with more effectively too!

Anon 5 months ago,

Your opinion is incredibly unpopular because of how much you are escalating things. It's only been a year. Different values are expected in relationships, then if it clicks, both sides would compromise to make it work. Let's not forget about the trauma too, which significantly complicates things at times. How do you expect that trauma, which was revealed in the middle of the year, to be sorted out in less than 6 months when both of them are used to their current lives? They seem to have some really busy days too, especially when Jay is playing for the season AND Lowen occupied by all the sponsors.

You literally deleted all the heart-to-heart conversations about the trauma matter, and did you even read past arguments? They were dealt rationally so far, and even this one shows their effort by having therapies during those two weeks. I feel like you are trying to escalate your weird opinion by making it a bigger deal than they are, because when I read your comment, it sounds more like your ideal relationship is to date yourself because everyone else is not exactly the same like you.

Sm1982,

Good job. With this comment, it solidifies that you are like those anons in Tied Up in Knotts that hate a character because you are very biased on one from the get go. You went on and on about Jay having to "give up" his ideals, but isn't that literally the same on Lowen? Think about his perspective. If you have no experience and have no interest on a serious relationship, how do you feel when someone like Jay comes up and goes "I know you are going to be my husband" at the start?

Your argument just falls apart because you stupidly pick a side here, and aren't you also double-standarding the matter? You only think Jay has to give up his ideals when that also happens with Loren. In fact, both their ideals are being tested here - Jay having to be patient for Loren to open up to the idea of meeting his family and have kids, Loren having to break through his defensive measure due to his past trauma and open up.

Also, way to prove to everyone that you haven't changed. You did the gender card again, which literally adds nothing to your context. Who cares if you are a woman? What, a man can't possibly have that kind of judgement too? Stop using that as your defense mechanism for your awfully horrendous takes on the stories.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous