All Comments on 'Jay's Loelife Ch. 28'

by Mrsgnomie

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
RikAlAdRikAlAdalmost 2 years ago

I feel for Jay, I really do, but I understand Loren's deep mistrust of people and especially of love. Jay's in love wth a man with a deep and serious history of abandonment. He's built himself a life of being loved by strangers because he doesn't know them well enough to be affected by any change in their emotions. Especially with this newfound reestablished connection with Lars, Loren should be doing some reassessment of his feelings and be closer to Jay. Invisible walls keep others out as much as it keeps you locked in. Great writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Don’t let them break up. I really like reading about them.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Yeah, you’re right - Jay has given up a lot for Loren. Loren acts like a child far too often, wanting his own way. I hope they can talk through and end up in a place where Jay and Loren give and take more equally.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This chapter is the most real one of this whole story. It has always been only about Loren and his wants and needs. He has always been selfish at his core, unyielding in his position, and on top of that uncaring and unfeeling about the way he threw it in Jay’s face and made sure everyone “knew the score!” This isn’t just a lovers’ fight, this is the fucked-up culmination of a 4-year relationship that was never right, where two people wanted very different things in life, where one got all he wanted and the other got only a tiny bit of what he wanted. I kept hoping that it would change but it hasn’t. Will it, maybe?? But even if it does, it clearly points out that Loren has had a lifetime of trauma that he has pushed aside and refused to fully deal with, he’s terrified of being left and hurt again so he keeps at arms length as protection, not once fathoming how he’s decimating the heart of the one that he “loves more than anyone.” He truly is an isolated tragic figure - and he must face that and change wholeheartedly if even ever wants Jay’s forgiveness.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

You go gurrrrl. Walking out the door.

dnsontndnsontnalmost 2 years ago

“A hopeless romantic from the beginning.” Yep. With blinders on. How long did Jay wait in the beginning? A year? More? This conflict has been a long time coming. Fear is a powerful emotion. Hope love wins.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I don't think they should get back together. Their values clearly don't align. I hope the next chapter is Jay finding someone who wants a family and Loe finds a companion. But I have a feeling we are going to see the happy ever after for these two incompatible people. Oh well

remy247remy247almost 2 years ago

Oh dear what can I say….. Waiting anxiously for the next chapter.

BaladeerBaladeeralmost 2 years ago

You are killing me. First I have tears of laughter from a fart joke; "Just promise you won't fart on me. It's not sexy at all."

Then you rip my heart out at the end...

You are fucking brilliant

sm1982sm1982almost 2 years ago

Oh wow, I was waiting to read this chapter then couldn’t stop reading it when I saw the next J’s available. I was going to wait to read the new one cuz I’m in the middle of a series but after that last part, I’m reading it now! Happy that Jay is demanding he get more out of Loren because giving up being a husband and father is HUGE! And yeah, he did put all that to the side cuz he wanted Loren in his life, he’s been all in since Day One!

Also, it’s great reading Loren and his brother are bonding and getting to know each other since the truth came out! Sweet seeing the reunion between them and their childhood friends.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I feel like anons saying that Loren is selfish is not 100% accurate. I would say that he's way too deep in his defense mechanism, even worse than Lars. Both of them share similar trauma from the parents, but Lars met Courtney way earlier in his life which allows for more healing opportunities. This is why Courtney seems to be pregnant in this chapter too, seems like Lars is that much closer to getting past his comfort zone on not having a commitment.

Yes, Loren can be easily seen as selfish and like a child, but it's really difficult to break a habit, especially when the habit has been his comfort zone for a couple of years. He knows his feelings on Jay, but it's very easy to fall into that bad habit once more, similar to an addiction. This is why he seems uncomfortable whenever he hears the talk about moving in or marriage or having kids and what have you.

Not exactly defending him either, because I didn't realize it's been 4 years already in this series. I wonder if they stopped taking therapy sessions after that fight due to their busy lives too, because it feels like they only used the therapist's services only because of the fight.

In the end, though, alcohol sure is a good element to convey one's true feelings on the matter, isn't it? I'd say that this fight is necessary for them. I don't care if they ended up working through it and becoming a stronger couple or ending the relationship, but at the end of it, the main goal is to have Loren to get over his past and not be restrained over what he wants because of it. It's great for Jay to snap too. Even the most patient guy can't keep those thoughts forever, but it's too bad that it happens during their friends' weddings.

Kabba118Kabba11810 months ago

I usually wait until the end to comment, but I have been waiting 28 chapters for this fucking moment. Jay was 100 percent correct. I LOVE Loren and I get why he is the way he is but it's time he grows TF up. And hopefully being on the verge of losing the most important thing in his life is the kick in the ass he needs.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous