All Comments on 'Jealousy'

by jack_straw

Sort by:
  • 194 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Great story. He wasn't do his job as a husband to cherish, love, and honor. They were drifting apart. Poignant response from her that she when she saw him make even some small changes thatbshe noticed. 5 stars.

60022Mallard60022Mallardabout 2 months ago

A timely parable for many men?

5 from me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Again a well thought out,realistic and written tale. I enjoyed this story very much as it ran along the lines of what a real husband would have recognised and the way he responded to the situation at hand. None of the nonsense of lets see what happens and collect evidence,he set about correcting the situation immediately. ..4stars..JZK

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Stopped reading when the supposed Male author, kept calling his Father, 'Daddy' and Sister, 'Sissy'.

There's a few red flag issues right there.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

If he hadn't caught them that night, pretty sure there'd be a divorce in their future because there's no way she wouldn't eventually have cheated, despite her claims she "could never cheat" (how many times has that been said in a story where the wife later cheated? Too many). She all but admitted that it was going that way. Another marriage saved by luck. For the time being at least.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

A great lesson.

phill1cphill1c5 months ago

And I think many are missing the point: Dutch wants his marriage. He's not interested giving his wife enough rope to hang herself or cutting off his nose to spite his face. It's a macho thing, you wouldn't understand ;-)

phill1cphill1c5 months ago

"Then, of course, it was basically "Dutch, you were at fault because you were ignoring me." While it is a typical response from women, I call bull on that view. And, in the end, Dutch folded..."

I call "bullshit" on the notion that this is typical of women, that this behavior is more common in women than in men. People, men and women, find fault with others because they aren't willing to face up to their own issues or behaviors. To make it seem like this is just women is just plain misogyny.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

She has cheated. Period.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Bad

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Like what sone of the other commenters said, this was a good story, however I also had problems with Susan’s action and lack of confrontation with them. She met with another man, danced and kissed him, and never told her husband about it. Then she is out dancing with the guy again without him even asking the husband. Is was Glad the MC kicked his ass, but Susan has sone explaining to do to her husband and bears at least equal if not more of the blame for their problems.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

just another gullible wife thinking with her cunt...

NitpicNitpic11 months ago
Think

I think he let Susan off too lightly,she was going to cheat.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Yeah, Dutch needs to do something about his temper. Says Susan, who just kneed her co-worker in the nuts.

Very nice story, J_S, I enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Why does it always come down to the fact that actions are expected from a man to fix the marriage, smooth out the bumps in the relationship and preserve the family, a woman at this time just condescendingly and favorably allows a man to fuss and fawn around himself, otherwise threatening to find someone else?

MormonJackMormonJackover 1 year ago

Good story, thank you.

At the end, I came away feeling feeling like Susan put all the blame on Dutch. For Susan, it was a quick apology for a kiss with Paul and then dismissed it as nothing. Then, of course, it was basically "Dutch, you were at fault because you were ignoring me." While it is a typical response from women, I call bull on that view. And, in the end, Dutch folded.

usaretusaretover 1 year ago

Instructional tale, read and heed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

5 Stars on a great story . My father was almost full bloodied German and he would let No man touch his wife . My dad was a Very good Boxer as is My Brother .. Me I have been helped a lot by the local Dojo . Yes I have my black belt but I doubt 10 people know that . My wife thinks i go to the Dojo to keep in shape . After all I am a CPA and I doubt any is scared of Me . But I would Fight and Die for Mt Family as would most men

bobareenobobareenoover 1 year ago

An unusual story. I enjoyed it.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 1 year ago

Good story, but they both made mistakes that should be recognized. Her behavior was not correct whether she thought he was "a friend" or not. He should have spoken with her that first night and cleared the air. Then again, if people did the right thing, the stories would be less interesting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Any story with a big dose of revenge and a happy ending is a good story. The fact that it was very well wrtten with no typos or incorrect words made it a pleasure.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Nicely done. Not sure why so many complaints on this story. Well executed, well written, and to the point. Also realistic. Don't take your spouse for granted. Life is too short.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

""And I would have made it very clear that our marriage was in real trouble, that there were others out there who were willing to give me the little bit of attention I needed. Dutch, "

So, her bright idea on how to get more attention from Dutch was to threaten him that there are others out there willing to give her attention? Seems like she's been paying more attention to others including dancing and kissing them than she's been paying to Dutch. Guys don't keep on flirting after women unless they're getting encouragement back from them that their attempts are having success. So, why was Susan encouraging Paul and not shutting him down. She's not innocent in this matter but quilting in seeking another man's attention.

So apparently according to this author women have no responsibility in a relationship except to be constantly pursued and wooed by the man. So, what exactly was Susan doing to improve her relationship with Dutch other than going out with other men and seeking their attention. An another apologist author supporting shitty behavior by women.

MightyheartMightyheartalmost 2 years ago

Beautiful and realistic issue.

Loved it.

5/5

MasterKoteMasterKotealmost 2 years ago

Hold up... She kisses loverboy, leads him on and gets a dirty dance? That whole part was brushed off like it nothing and she could've just said no or let the guy know but said nothing. She obviously liked the attn and her dancing doesn't seem like it would pass the spousal test to me. Seems like all of it was swept under the rug since nothing sexual happened..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Nicely done. So easy for people to let familiarity and complacency slide into the space where love should be.

And the predator got his comeuppance too.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

“An idea was starting to form in my mind, that maybe I was going to have to win my wife all over again if I was to continue to stay married to her.”

So, why is the onus always on the man to continually “win” the wife. Women don’t have any responsibility in the relationship. No responsibility for the maintenance and upkeep of the relationship?

“On the other hand, the mere fact that she'd left the door open enough to make him think he might have a chance meant that she wasn't entirely satisfied with our life together in some way. It was my job to do whatever it took to satisfy her to the point where she'd shut the door in his face.”

Actually, it’s the women’s job to say NO. Women aren’t dumb. They’re very aware when they are being hit on and pursued. The dancing and kissing Susan did with Paul was out of line and was not innocent acts between "friends". Susan was enjoying the attention and getting off on it. Plus she was doing this all behind Dutch's back. Just because she’s not feeling satisfied in her current relationship does not give her carte blanche to go out looking for something else. Think Susan would be OK with Dutch if he started looking outside his marriage just because HE wasn’t satisfied.

"The way I look it is that a marriage is like a garden, and you have to keep working at it or it will start to wither. I'd let some weeds start growing in my garden, and they were choking the beauty of my marriage. "

Isn’t marriage a mutual garden? What exactly was Susan doing to keep the weeds out of the garden? Going out dancing with another guy and giving him a good night kiss isn’t doing shit for her marriage. Susan even was disrespecting Dutch at the Christmas party by dancing with Paul there. She should have shut Paul down but she didn't. Susan felt no shame or remorse over her actions and she certainly didn't suffer any consequences or her bad behavior and poor choices.

This is apologist story excusing women and their bad behavior.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

The cuck Dutch

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A CUCK WIMP HUSBAND WHO HAD NO BALLS TO CONFRONT THE BITCH WHEN SHE CAME HOME!!

WargamerWargamerover 2 years ago

Good story, l liked it

4/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It’s not jealousy if the whore is out kissing other men. It’s proactive thinking. She is a worthless cunt who thinks she needs lots of attention.

She throws her cunt around when he is out of town. Ditch the bitch

NitpicNitpicover 2 years ago
Me

Me,I think Susan got off too light,there's should have been some sort of punishment.Fucking her stupid is not punishment.

DrgwngDrgwngover 2 years ago

The concept that the man must do all the tending of the marriage garden is faulty. The wife just sits back and strays unless hubby can keep her amused. Society dictates that from junior hi othe man must always initiate, in the current sex harassment climate, if he initiates poorly it is career threatening. This is why male suicide is hundreds of times higher than female. Even as late as 75, a man is 1300 times more likely to suicide. Feminists always clamor for equality but you never heard any fem lobby that the female should by the man a ring. Yeah, they want equal pay but not equal responsibility. Recent survey shows even in today's equal pay climate, men pay restaurant tabs at over ten to one ratio. Sure, FEMS everywhere are shouting for female selective service registration....right. It is supposed to be a two way street, so why does the man need to do all the garden tending. Ever wonder why mass shooters are young males. Look what society is doing to them as sexual roles are defined. From age nine through twenty five male suicide rated double every five years while female rates stay flat, after starting equal at age nine. For men the equation does not add up. Women want a successful man, but when he works for that, she goes out and does things that do not pass the husband test, because he was not tending the marriage garden. Any wonder marriage rates are falling as men drop out of the game?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This is truly a Loving Wife story. I wish the writers of all that other garbage would take notice and post their wretched tomes in their appropriate categories, or just stop writing. 5☆ for getting it right!

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

Another good one from Mr Straw. Poor Paul. What a man.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

And what DO you call a couple who doesn't communicate? Divorced.

AngelRiderAngelRideralmost 3 years ago

Your spouse must always come first. They must come first before parents, friends, work and even your children. The intimate love and devotion to each other creates a foundation that secures your family.

JonDoe315JonDoe315over 3 years ago

he has a right too be jealous... she was doing things a married wife shouldnt be doing and eventually probably wouldve. its in my vindictive nature to say that he took her back to easily. she may of had weak moment but she cheated in my mind. otherwise not a bad story but seemed like the hubby was made out to be the bad guy in the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Dutch wasn't the bad guy. Susan wasn't the bad guy. What they were is normal. Couples need to communicate. Complacency can lead to marital death. Cheating is never the answer but far too often there is this notion that a betrayed spouse is blameless. That is very rarely true. Just because cheating is always wrong doesn’t mean a spouse didn’t contribute to the problems which led to cheating.

Look, I know there are narcissistic people out there who will do whatever they want regardless of the state of their marriage. I know there are cheaters who have just about everything but do it anyway. I am not referring to these situations.

Couples like the two in this story are common and there are assholes who will take advantage. Make no mistake, women can play the game too. This is especially the case where hypergamy is involved.

It's simple. If you feel your marriage isn't right then suck it up and talk. Maybe you have to change a bit, that is what marriage is about.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Hmmm. and Dutch was the bad guy eh?

Don't really know why the author was trying to put the spin on the story that the husband was the bad guy. He bent over backwards for his wifes' behaviour, did everything in his power to make her life better. But because he wasn't ok with her and that other idiots behavour, he has to simp and appoligize. He got jealous, yes, can you blame him. If that is the worst she had to put up with after her actions, then she got off easy.

Who I really feel sorry for is the mother, who died. She apparently had to suffer a lot of racist abuse from her inlaws, to the point her own son was even racist.

OPrimeOPrimealmost 4 years ago
One half of the effort

So Susan is unhappy and acting out with Paul. Husband catches on and makes changes. Good story, but what does Susan do, besides go out dancing and having a good time.

Shouldn't she be more proactive in trying to save her marriage? She seems less sensitive to her husbands needs and more focused on her own.

A big part of his distraction is things he is doing with the kids. Why isn't she doing family things also?

As the husband I might be unhappy with her spousal performance. But then this is fiction and this is the way I think.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Well written

but I don't see writing a husband who cares about his wife the way this guy does just standing around watching his wife on a date. It comes across a just a device to drage the story out. It also gets to be saccharine at the end. It's unfortunate that a lot fo authors here, who begin with taut, well conceived narration and dialogue, lapse into "Hallmark Movie" writing at the end.

COYSCOYSalmost 4 years ago
Favorite

One of my favorite LW stories ever. This story feels so real. He was a good guy, and she was a loving wife. When someone feels neglected, it’s very confusing. In the end, they both did the right thing. Thank you

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago
Again

I had to read this again to clean Madness out of my mind. This is one of his best. Love Dutch giving Paul the old one, two.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
If

If he hadn't come home early his wife would have ended up shagging Paul,so as far as I am concerned she got off lightly,she should have been made to suffer as he did.

PowersworderPowersworderover 4 years ago

It was interesting reading the comments on this one, with lots of angry remarks about burning the bitch. I love a good bit of well-earned revenge and think most reconciliations are bullshit, but I think the husband did exactly the right thing in this case.

Susan wasn't a vindictive slut, she was a good mother and loving wife who had been feeling neglected for years. Dutch had started to let himself go, was too absorbed with work and sports, and wasn't giving his wife and family enough attention. Dancing and flirting with another man was crossing the line, but as soon as Dutch showed an interest, she was delighted and loved spending time with him.

It's obvious that Susan wasn't looking for an affair, she was being slowly seduced by a predator who sensed she was vulnerable. I'm glad the husband was able to intervene and beat the crap out of the douchebag that was trying to fuck her. It was also nice to see them fix the marriage and bring back the passion that had been missing from both their lives.

Great story, well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
working at it

I saw dutch working at making his relationship work. I saw the wife going out and flirting with another man. Who was working at making the relationship work. He was jealous with good reason. She was mad because he was jealous of her actions. I guess trust is earned, and her actions were eroding that trust. It saddens me to see that the women is always entitled, and the guy is a dog for not meeting her expectations.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
How?!

How was Dutch a wimp? He reclaimed the romance in his marriage and cracked a lesson into Paul, who learned fast! BTB, why? The max was a light kiss goodbye - and even that she admitted was a mistake. Dutch reacted well and obviously Susan loved Dutch sufficiently to respond to his efforts to reclaim their marriage. Well written, good plot, so 5*s.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Im so sick of entitled cunts who think a man saving way to improve THEIR life

is a problem

Ifs its such a problem bitch walk away from the nice house, money, and go fuck a homeless guy

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

5* for a creative and well-written story. The idiots who gave you 1* are obviously mentally deficient.

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Wimp?

Dutch didn't seem like much of a wimp.to.me. Ask Paul.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
1 star

for the wimp story

York1234York1234over 5 years ago
Good story and perfect reaction by the husband

IMO she was just starting to open the door so it was not too late to save the marriage and he did it great, giving the pussy sniffer a deserved lesson and showing his wife that he cared for her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Well Done!

I thought this was a well-written,realistic look at a relationship after 20 years of marriage. I'm somewhat surprised by the comments from some readers that say she was a cheater and that he should have just dumped her after that Friday night episode.She hadn't cheated but did behave in a way that suggested she might be looking.It forced hubby to take a long,hard look at their marriage and his shortcomings. Cliche? Well it often is personal neglect and/or conflict that lead to spouses beginning to wonder if maybe there's something better out there. Financial acrimony is another real problem in marriages. The Literotica cliche is more the wife who just cheats because she's horny or swept off her feet. Not nearly as likely in most cases. This story rates a solid 5!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
No Way!

Me, I’d of left the party, packed my things, left for a hotel at least 50 miles away, did the financial thing in the morning, quit my job and left the area for good. Let her party with her lover and hid/her friends forever.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Should not

Dutch should not have had to fight for her, but I'm glad he was able to kick Paul's ass. She played a risky game and almost lost.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
The good ole Literotica cliches

Wife starts to get a wandering eye. Its the husbands fault for having a job and trying to earn a living for his family.

Wife wants attention, and instead of talking to husband, decides to seek attention from male coworker. Always the biggest dickhead pussyhound in town, but of course, wifey thinks the sun shines out his ass. Husband sees wife dancing, flirting with and kissing said douche bag, but says nothing, only watches. Because all husbands are apparently either cowards, or idiots.

Husband is required to fight douche for his own wife, who, (apparently), is never required to fight for her husband, or to make any effort to retain her chastity and marriage vows. No, its always the husbands job to maintain his wifes virtue, because, “I'm just a girl, and I have no capability for rational thought, and bear no responsibility for my actions”.

Husband then either beats up douche bag, and wife immediately jumps to protect douche bag, or husband gets beaten up, and wife jumps to defend douche bag. God forbid a story where a wife, not knowing the reason why, sees her husband in a fight, that actually gives her husband of many years the benefit of the doubt, and actually SIDES WITH THE MAN SHE IS MARRIED TO! But then, THAT would be too fantastical for a website devoted to fantasy.

Yep, well done Jack, you pretty much covered and regurgitated every nonsensical cliche on Lit with this one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
No story, boring drivel goes on through 4 pages for no reason

1 star for crap.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Excellent story, and a great ending.

jharpjharpabout 6 years ago
This story...

...Is absolutely fantastic and a breath of fresh air. I enjoyed it from start to finish. I can feel the Husbands anguish, his rage and Jealousy and his desperate hope to save his marriage. And I approve of the positive changes be took to fix his life and Marriage. It's rather compelling. The wife...well she wasn't one dimensional and had character. That is a huge plus for a Literotica wife. But at the same time she clearly had no trouble lying to her husband. Oh sure the lies weren't malicious, but if she had stopped what she was doing and thought about it objectively she would have realized what she was doing wouldn't have been appropriate. But since she's a woman she doesn't think about her marriage and what she has to lose if she goes too far. She feels underappreciated and so will get 'attention' wherever she can find it. Husband or not. That's not to say the husband isn't at fault. But communication is a 2 way street. So rather than do the smart thing and confront her husband, she of course places 100% of the blame on him. Which she then uses to 'justify' her actions (If only to herself).

You see, women act on emotion and then rationalize those emotions later. Doesn't matter if the conclusions are way off base. But the rationalizations a women comes to while high on emotion usually sticks with her. And come hell or high water, you as a man ain't changing them, especially if you're her husband. And if you are the hapless husband and your wife/girlfriend decides to justify her affair while she's on her emotional high. Well...kiss that Marriage goodbye.

At least until she crashes back to Earth. By then her head is clear and she's thinking rationally again. But it's too late by that point. Damage is done. That's how many of these women nowadays get swept up in hookups and affairs. Intent likely wasn't there but they got caught up in their emotions and rationalized their actions. The wife in this story was starting to do that, though loverboy didn't quite have the hooks set in her yet. Hubby was able to break what little hold he had and get his wife back.

Some may call me a Mysoginist for that statement. But if you had seen 2 of 3 sisters fuck up and destroy their Marriages doing the exact same thing. And of course they learned it from our dear mother the Feminist who did the same thing. If you had witnessed marriages in the service end because wives wanted their weekly girls night out, which quickly became excuses to get strange dick on the side. If you witnessed numerous work place affairs, almost all of them Married women (few married guys, and NO they don't get slack for that shit either). If your own Fiance did that shit to you and sent you wedding invitations to HER wedding with another guy while you're barely halfway through an 18 month deployment (and she of course didnt have the guts to be honest and tell the truth and had the fucking gall to say it was your fault for not being there to take care of her and protect her, and she can't be held responsible for her actions...)

You'd understand that maybe it isn't so strange.

In this story the wife only woke up when the Husband relayed the crap the would be seducer said. It was only after the 'insult' to her character and virtue does she get angry. Because these are things that affect her personaly and can have real consequences 'for her'. Quite frankly I'm surprised she even respected her husband enough to take him at his word. I've seen a similar situation play out where a buddy of mine relayed something he overheard a coworker of his wife said about her. She promptly blew him off and didn't believe him. Then when her best friend told her the same thing did she finally accept the truth. Yeah, you can guess what happened to that Marriage too. And I know for a fact he loved her fiercely and never betrayed her. But he won out in the end and big time. Christ, I could write stories on this shit.

At least here, and only towards the end does the wife admit 'going a little far'. So I'll take what I can get with a woman finally taking responsibility for her actions, if only just a little. And she doesn't cross the physical line with the guy but came closer than she would likely admit. And in the end the two are able to heal the rift and move on stronger for it. Which on Literotica is virtually unheard of.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to sound nitpicky or as if I'm ragging on the story. Not my intent at all. I wish there were more stories like this. But they are few and far between. And that is such a shame.

Great work man.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
So many stories about what happens after an affair

Too few about nipping it in the bud. So happy to have found one of these.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
@anon 2/7/18

You're thinking of Occam's Razor and this ain't it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Funny

She had a funny way of saving her marriage,letting a bloke maul her instead of talking about it like she said she would have if he hadn't found out.Despite would she said he should no longer trust her not to do it again and warn her any signs and she is history.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketabout 6 years ago
Thumbs up

Really like that guy. A great gardener. Lol

danoctoberdanoctoberover 6 years ago
Yeah!

What previous commentor said..*****

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Reading through the old comments, I still cringe at the intellectually bankrupt "a beaten cuckold craves revenge" theory. Talk about a brain fart.

People like to read about those who are wronged getting justice, and villains getting their just desserts. It's enjoyable drama. That's all it is. The Punisher show on Netflix isn't only popular with people who have personally had their families slaughtered by thugs. There aren't enough of those people to make such a show profitable.

Thanks for the story, DGHear. I'm with the people who thought the wife was even more out of line than the husband and should have been more contrite, for her part, but overall, I'm glad they fixed things.

Cog

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
we had faced a potential crisis in our marriage, met it head on, and had emerged with our love stronger than ever.

This is Achiem's Razor.

OPrimeOPrimeover 6 years ago
Cold Bucket of Reality

A common theme in many tales is the husband works too much and the wife is lonesome.

Does anyone ever stop and ask in these stories, where the money comes from for all the things they just need and must have? Every time you buy something it has to be paid for by someone earning a living.

To every lonesome neglected wife I would say get off your ass, stop feeling sorry for yourself and speak to your husband. Direct your energies to reconnecting, talking, accompanying him, instead of selfishly looking for entertainment.

Live with a little less and give him a break

Pappy7Pappy7over 6 years ago
Second read, still think she was inappropriate several times.

Especially when the guy got in her husband's face and tried to back him off from leaving with her. She should have been on her husband's side in that and when they got into to it she shouldn't have rushed to the co-worker's side and left hubby to get disgusted and leave on his own. The only thing in that instance that she could have done that was worse was to actively assist the boyfriend against the husband. And that not by much. I would have pulled boyfriend's head off and thrown it at wifey. Lucy had some 'splaining to do.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
nice story of belated communication

She states she would have talked to him before things went to far. But she obviously enjoyed the many times out

dancing with boyfriend.

Her dance floor demeanor night he ''caught'' her and night of party was telling. She was nervous about husband viewing what she and loverboy usually did.

Marital problems are never solved by confiding in anyone other than spouse-especially member of opposite sex.

I enjoyed your story and your writing is first rate.

Funny how wives love the big house, nice car, spa days, great clothes but do not appreciate the work hours and energy required to get them.

I chuckle when I read stories and comments blaming husbands for couples drifting. The one doing the dancing should be the one initiating the conversation before hitting the dance floor!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Wary

He should have asked her why she did not say something about being left out instead of seeking solace in the arms of another man.He should have asked her if she wanted a divorce as he was thinking about it (even though he was not) as he did not know if he could trust her not to do it again in an attempt to settle it for good.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
Yeah

he better treat her good given her track record is to be seduceable when she doesn't feel appreciated. Don't get too confident and comfortable there buddy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
No No No

One thing is the state of their marriage. A very different thing is her cheating. She DID cheat on him. Of course it all depends where you draw the line, but in my book she cheated. The fact the she disrepected her husband when she was with him, was too much for me. I'm not saying they should have divorced, but to put so much blame on the husband is very wrong. She practically never apologized for her cheating, she never promised anyrhing, She barely showedf remorse. She was ready to cheat on him. A bad ending ruinging an otherwise good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I don't agree with the implication

That Dutch was to assume most of the blame. Sure she admitted to taking him for granted, but she never should have been in the situation to carry on an affair. And that's what it was, an affair, even though they didn't have sex. It shouldn't be up to the husband to have to fight for the marriage. She realized things were off and instead of talking to her husband, she kept quiet and then started an affair with another guy.

I get frustrated with stories and opinions of others who think that it is the husband's fault when a wife has an affair.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Enjoyable, well written story 5*

Borderline in terms of agreeing with moral of the story. Husband 50% or more responsible for failing marriage. Wife 100% responsible for the cheating and it was an affair as many have pointed out, both emotional and physical. It had just not yet gone to the extreme of physical.

Therefore too many apologies from him and not nearly enough from her. Otherwise good.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
She Found Some Joe, Probably Gave 'im A Blow, And Hubby Didn't Know...Uh Oh!!

Not sure what ol' Jack was smokin', but this reader couldn't see much wrong with Hubby's actions - at lease in the recent period of him trying to get his woman back in line. Maybe a second reading is in order.

After the night of "spying" the husband re-commits himself to his wife and marriage and to a program of self-betterment. What's the problem? Did he do something wrong? Where is his supposedly diabolical temper? It is non-existent.

Not sure why we are supposed to be worrying about this husband's temper. But here are a couple of things that ARE worrisome. As written this man is a careless, flubby, dipshitty football watchin', beer drinkin' moron. He is an average jagoff who would have a hard time keeping ANY woman of substance interested in his careless lifestyle. If he weren't a decent earner and a minimally satisfactory father he would be a complete loser.

On the other hand, this wife does seem like something of an infidelity time-bomb ready to blow(so to speak). She was cheating at a level that is beyond emotional, and frankly, as written and given the circumstances, what has been described by the author is a wife who would have already fucked this other guy or have given him a steady program of oral sex. One understands the sex was specifically omitted by the author, but the actual parameters described mean surreptitous, steamy, secret sex.

Face the written facts: nights out, hot and hard dancing with prominant bulgy manmeat assailing her senses, time alone together...what, she didn't pull out his meat popsicle and suck it? No chance of that NOT happening in the real world.

It did not bode well that Wifey's instincts were to tend to loverboy after he got decked while committing a light, grabby assault on the her and ALSO menacing the husband. The author has her outside in time, though, to prevent hubby's hot-bloodedly taking off to dump her. Is that the terrible temper? Should he serve the predator jasmine tea and "dialog" with him?

Another strike against her is she is still defending the predator by default after going outside to stop hubby and is too stupid to see the trouble that SHE herself caused by responding to loverboy's advances. Women really are this stupid!! Dance five dances in a row with mr big dick and come to his aid after he gets his comeuppance.

After the author threw in the "fight for me" vagina-trope, her stock had a very serious crash that will never recover. She will have to be re-hypothecated ha ha haaaaa haa ha haaaa haaa.

Dumb bitch. And sorry, Betty, Gloria, and Naomi!! Please chew some siphilated cockmeat on your way to hell.

Whoopsie Daisy!

Anyway, they are both a piece of work. Without a miracle of sorts she will submit to extra-marital dick soon enough - especially if hubby goes back to his beer drinkin' and footballin' bullshit. But maybe their mutual stupidity will somehow cancel out the marital entropy that only seems to be increasing for them.

This story kept my interest all the way through even if my appreciation for these slimy characters was itself inversely proportional to the otherwise net positives here.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Fucking KIDDING ME!

Are you?, i mean yeah he was in the wrong but what really was his fault that he worked too much, WORKED!, and then to offset that needed some time with sports or by himself that's it and that somehow gave the selfish moronic and idiotic wife the leeway to go and have a semi affair with an unattached guy, one who she sees regularly , dances with frequently and dines and drinks with like clockwork,,really that's the same as an absent or busy spouse ,,huh same thing AND you have the gall to make the husband feel remorse and the wife well noooo she isn't wrong, although she was being a bitch and unresponsive and absent just as much as the husband. FACTS she lost weight and started working out never telling the husband, dressing differently and paying attention to another guy so much so that he kissed her, kissed her. NO guy in this world can get closer to any woman that doesn't want him to get close that's one more fact for you, so her response was sickening and disgusting , the least that should have happened was that she should have had to make and effort to gain the TRUST that the husband should have lost in her, but she gets off scott free, NICE. Have an affair (that's what it was don't kid yourself) and have your husband feeling guilty and bending backwards to make you feel SPECIAL!..god no.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Good story.

Very entertaining. A fairly common theme but very well written. I liked the reconciliation between them. Don't any of you men put all the blame on the wife. He was wrapped up in himself (ball games & work) and ignoring her. Things happen gradually. If you don't pay attention to your wife there are plenty of other men who will. I'm a guy and I've seen it & lived it. Bottom line is this is fiction. These characters don't exist. But they could. Well done. Will definitely read more. A 5 !

goat17obispogoat17obispoover 7 years ago
Some things should never be assumed to be innocent

Reading many stories in the Loving Wives category, and my own experience of living with three different women for a total of forty two years, have led me to conclude that there are some activities among women that a husband should never assume to be innocent.

Prominent among actions by one's wife that should never be assumed to be innocent are "girls' nights out," going to gyms or fitness centers alone, and an even more serious red flag of waring should be seen when the wife attends work-related functions to which the husband was not invited, or does not know about, or ignorantly declines to attend.

It's good to ask one's self, just what is included in girls' night out? Dinner of course, probably followed by going to a bar or club for drinks, and probably also for dancing if it is at a club. Dancing is in large part symbolic sex, and often also the prelude to sex. If there is a stubborn commitment to girls' nights out, this is probably the reason. The same applies to social functions related to work.

It appears to me that unless one is content to share the sexual favors of his wife with others, the best course of action is to precipitate a confrontation at the first inkling that any of these things are planned, let alone actually occur. As Clausewitz said, the "best defense is a good offense," and an immediate pre-emptive strike seems to me to be the appropriate response to all these situations.

Pappy7Pappy7over 7 years ago
A well written story, that's for sure.

Got a lot of juices flowing in the comments section, and this just from descriptive writing. Good job there, but. And the but is that the wife was having an affair with Paul and she and all of her co-workers damn well knew it. She rode to these venues with Paul while leaving her car at work so she would have (get) to be alone with him at the beginning and the end of each date. And it was a date, every week. When you go to the place together, sit together, reserve your time just for each other and then leave together, it is a date. And even when hubby was there the wife paired up with Paul. It was obvious that her friends knew what was going on because the story said they acted tense and nervous around her husband. And when he did put Paul on his ass for touching him she didn't get upset that a man tried to come between her and her husband, he was already there and she had conceded that place to him. When hubby put Paul on his ass the wife and her friends ran to Paul and ignored the husband. When hubby left the wife ran after him, not to see if he was alright but to get in his face and rag his ass for hurting her honey. Also a little retribution should have been in store for the one who blocked him in with their car. Looked like a plan was in place where they watched out for the wife just in case she got caught. I am not saying don't try to work things out but I am saying that there was more going on here than she admitted to. At no time during any of this did she really give her husband any serious thought. He was out of town, she was away from home so she was single as long as she wanted to be. I can't see getting over this myself, but then everyone is different. The fact that the husband took all of the blame on himself and the bitch let him and even encouraged it shows that his marriage was seriously one sided. Hard to fight for a marriage when you are fighting your spouse. Really shouldn't have to actively compete with someone else for your spouse, by getting married you had supposedly already won. Anyway, thanks for sharing your story with us. You write them, it's up to us how we perceive them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

I would of left the car at the bar and gotten a cab, packed my bags, gotten a DIVORCE, and left to parts unknown.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Nice Save!

I really like this story because the husband saw the problem with his wife drifting away from him and realized he was partly to blame. However, the wife's behavior was definitely crossing the line into cheating and she didn't fully acknowledge it. She did take some blame, but really she was actively building the sexual attraction to the other guy. Dancing with someone not your spouse is not a innocent activity. The phrase "the ballroom is one step away from the bedroom" is not an empty one.

Anyway, I liked the way that the husband and wife worked together to get rid of the problem and work on reconnecting. The renewal and revival of the couples sex life is a good example on how to get the process of rebuilding/reviving a marriage!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
&√ both sides

A spouse regulary attending social functions alone is never a good idea, and the partying spouse should refrain from such behavior

Allowing a spouse to regularly go out without you is a fools behavior. If you do not like socializing with her works mates, at least take her out on the town just the two of you instead of her attending those functions.

While both had become complacent to each other, I must state the wife was certainly actively flirting and encouraging the other guy. Her actions were those of someone dating and she and her friend were acting like a couple to anyone watching and she was aware of that fact.

Good read and glad you ended it the way you did

√&√

MullendersMullendersover 7 years ago

well she did some things that would not pass the husband test and i do feel that if have gone on she would have fucked him by the story line that is the most likly outcome but nothing bad realy happend and as the guy says he did neglect her and needed to step up so all in all i think the blame 50/50 but i still think in the end if he had not intervened she would have fucked him.

i also resent the fact she said that she would have talked to him if it got to far couze she already whent to far going on group dates and even if its a platonic kiss its still over the line

and one more thing you having a temper becouze your part german and scottisch i resent and reject it makes you look dumb and by that simple dumbass statedment i can allmost assume you are american becouze of your preconseptions

BillandKateBillandKateover 7 years ago
Sometimes life and love need a reality check

Your characters all did the right thing to get back on track. Great ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Sometimes I wonder if we're all reading the same story...

I didn't see Susan as a bad or cheating wife at all, yet many of the commenters are calling for her head on a platter. The story is basically written from the husband's point of view and, while he was disturbed and worried by what he observed with Susan and her dancing partner, he never once saw her dance or behave inappropriately that evening - with the exception of the kiss. Note though, that she chose to NOT kiss Paul until after she exited the truck, which prevented any hugging or making out.

She should NOT have done it, but even so, Dutch stated that it was just a quick peck on the lips. Again, she shouldn't have done it, it's a big problem because it could indicate an intention for future escalation, but for that evening's antics at least, Dutch didn't see anything that indicated a cheating wife. In fact, Dutch wasn't angry with her when he got home, but he was worried about keeping his marriage - and he knew quite a bit of the blame was on him.

Then we see something happen that most of the LW stories have missing; the husband and wife talked about their marriage, they communicated their feelings. Both have misgivings about what their marriage has evolved into, both miss the love they shared in the "good ole days", both want to fix it. They start spending more time together, spending time with the kids, exercising together, loving one another. Susan does NOT appear to be the type of wife that's looking for some strange or trying to upgrade, she truly loves her husband.

I don't believe Susan was looking to have an affair, but she WAS enjoying spending time with a good looking man and we know to what that leads. I don't know why she didn't react stronger against Paul at the party when he more or less forced her to dance with him - we see at the end of the story that she has no problem standing up for herself when angry. So I guess the dances with Paul were not that big of a deal to her and, if we're honest, she did nothing wrong during those dances. Dutch stated that she did nothing to lead him on (Paul) and that she does enjoy dancing so she tried to make the best of it.

When Dutch essentially told her it was time to leave, he was ordering her to do so. He was angry and wanted her out of there. She wasn't arguing with him as much as she was trying to figure out why they suddenly had to leave, she didn't understand what had changed all of a sudden. Then Paul got involved and got his ass kicked, which he so richly deserved. When she finally got the whole story from Dutch (LACK of communication by Dutch), she went back and kicked Paul's ass for a second time that night.

Susan's biggest mistake, and it was huge, was to start going out and partying with people from work - that never works as a benefit to your marriage. Never. She was also taking her husband for granted, not giving him the attention he needed to stay fresh, and I'm not just talking about sex here. If she wanted to go out and party, she should have insisted Dutch take her somewhere. Tell him what it is she needs, us men aren't always able to tell. Hell, I can never tell with my wife.

Dutch's biggest mistake was also taking his wife for granted and perhaps working too much, it wasn't made clear in the story if that was something he fixed or was even able to fix. But ask yourself this: if Dutch was single and lonely, would he have found the time and energy to take a lady to dinner and a movie on Friday nights? Saturday nights? Of course he would. So why wasn't he taking his wife out? He did all the right things once he noticed the problem; he started dating his wife and treating her as a lover would be treated. I'm NOT saying his lack of attention would have excused an affair on her part - certainly not - but she sounds like a great wife, he needs to pay attention to her happiness, and she to his.

I'm happy the story ended with them staying together. Nice to see a happy story in this category now and then, especially when neither had really done much wrong - yet. Good writing, 5 stars. Thanks for the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Cut And Run

I do believe I would of cut and run for the hills. Left her at the "Parta"!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I liked this story, but agree with some recent comments.

I liked this story, it was an easy, good read. You pared the action writing and Dutch's wording and thoughts, down to just bare facts, you could write in a couple sentences or short para.

For the flow of the whole story, that made the story read faster and better, in my way of thinking, but it also got redundant and made the lead character telling the story, be quite stilted/rigid and relate the story in jerked/stop, jerked/stop fashion.

By mid story, it would of been a good flow break for us readers, if you could've changed styles, to smooth wording flow and wrote the back-story parts out more wordy and with more descriptions and detailed back-story, fleshed out, in a relaxed, easier flow.

Then once back-story is finished, went back to your regular stilted, jerking writing cadence, for the rest of the story.

You know your lead characters quite well and the way you wrote this story out, in full, is likely the way Dutch would talk, in real life. Just a no nonsense, simple talker, cut through the BS, cut to the chase, bottom-liner type of guy. I liked that about Dutch!

I agree with other comments recently posted here: His wife shouldn't of gotten off the hook with Dutch, without paying serious repercussions, for having purposely walked around Paul's big truck to lean-in and kiss him!

To my way of thinking and many couples I know of, around these parts, Susan kissing Paul like that, was cheating on Dutch and her marriage vows! Serious shit for her to do with Paul, that she needed to pay for! Payment Dutch should have extracted from her, somehow, so that she never even thought to make that same mistake, with anyone else but Dutch, or their children, ever again!

I agree with other comments posted about this story recently, in that: Dutch takes too much of the blame for the slow erosion of their marriage, when he had not succumbed to temptation, as far as his wife had, when she started insisting Dutch let her start going-out alone with her co-workers so often.

She had to of told Dutch, that this was just a way for her and her co-workers to go out together and have innocent fun, relax together. It was something they want to do, for good, clean, innocent fun.

Dutch simply was so tired-out from too many hours of work, to talk-out much with her, the obvious objections, he should have discussed with her, before he gave her permission.

One obvious objection Dutch should have had, to her going out alone with that group is, that, she knew he was exhausted from work every Friday night and just wanted to stay home and read. So, if she was so bored with their stale home life, why did she insist he let her go out with her co-workers on Friday, nights, on the few weekends Dutch was home?

Since her major complaint with Dutch, was that he worked too many hours each week and was never home on weekends and always flying out of town on work crews and never home, then why would she waste time out alone with her co-workers, on those Fridays nights and weekends Dutch DID have at home with them all?

This excuse on Susan's part, to get Dutch's permission, just makes no sense at all. Why didn't Dutch sense there was shit-in-the-bushes here somewhere and press Susan hard, for what her hidden agenda/motives were, for insisting she go out Friday nights, with her co-workers?

It is also directly inferred in this story, that Susan and Paul's relationship, started at their work place, with Susan very aware of his intentions and Paul being very careful, to not be detected by co-workers and exposed, nor collect harassment charges and get fired.

Dutch realizes, watching Susan and Paul on the dance floor from a distance, that Susan resists Paul's advances, but reluctantly so. By the way she calms her reactions and the way she does react, doing nothing to stop Paul, Dutch knows she is bowing to Paul's seductions.

Dutch can easily see that, Susan does not consider Paul's advances and passes at her, as being unwelcome, and she only reluctantly keeps his hands off her butt and private places, while dancing. Then she only smiles at him and does nothing to put distance between them, when Paul makes another obvious pass at her. So she likes what is happening!

Facts are: IF Susan would of put half the energy and work into talking things out with her husband and doing the hard work of revitalizing and rekindling the love fires of her marriage with Dutch; instead of going-out with her co-workers so often, then, she would never of been a target for Paul and never had to fend-off his insistent sexual advances and seductive passes.

Facts are: once Paul progressed to making blatant passes at her, she enjoyed and encouraged them, by smiling big and doing nothing to put that cheating, male slut whoring asshole, in his place, even if that was to push away from him on the dance floor and chastise him loudly and publicly, to embarrass him in front of everyone at the club!

Such loud actions on Susan's part, which would've cooled Paul's jets quickly, or at least given her time enough to exit the dance floor, grab her coat and purse and call a taxi, as she exited the club they were in!

But Susan never did any of that with Paul, because, she was starting to fall into the web of his smooth-talking lies and seductions and she didn't really want out of his web! These facts, making her kissing Paul that night in the parking lot, and the facts Dutch saw her kissing him, even worse of a serious infraction of her wedding vows to Dutch!

Neither did any of her co-workers, particularly her female co-worker friends, do anything to call Paul out, when they saw him pawing Susan while dancing and making passes at her, when they knew she was a married woman!

Just no one in this story, caring enough to adequately communicate with each other.

Saving for Dutch: between Susan, Paul and their co-workers, there was no one with any decent moral fiber, decent up-bringing, scruples, nor much respect for marriage or wedding vows, either! That's a sad thing to see, but I see it very often in other people, when I am out to eat dinner, or at local social functions, or simply walking down city streets, watching other couples.

As a whole, I like this story and its fresh approach and good, creative plot.

I like even more, when a story written this well, is about a wife and husbands near miss, that could've swiftly destroyed their marriage. But instead of let that happen, they see the near miss as a wake-up call for them both and together, do anything it takes, to start talking to each other again, resolve their problems and make their marriage vital, strong, healthy and allow them to be happy in each others arms, once again!

I like it when a married couple in a story like this, wins in the end!

Good story over-all. Well written!

Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
WHAT THE HELL !

First i like you as an author, what i have read of your work i have enjoyed. Having said that what the hell is wrong with your main character here, DUMP HER!, no i am not one of the BTB crowds, i like happy endings i like it when married couples pull through adversities and make it. Not in this case, the wife was WRONG!, so the husband is not paying attention, news flash, life is difficult,jobs, children, finances, fucking terrorism, so her response to a difficult phase in her married life is to get away from your partner rather than supporting him/her or talking to them? you get a makeover start an AFFAIR with another..sorry DUMP HER!, and she is not even guilty or sorry or apologetic ,she "would" have talked to him, and would have said ,"i fucked a guy , and it was just sex".

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
1*

Yeah, she goes on dates and kisses other men and he is an asshole for spying and not trusting her. FUCKED UP BULLSHIT.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 7 years ago
You are a good writer.

I like your style and give this a 4.

She was being a bit of a stupid bitch though now wasn't she?

I liked his introspection and resolve to improve.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
liked story

Though she should not have been out and about. Could be worse she could be the serial cheating wife exposed on Facebook profile of dearbornmt@yahoo.com

Helena montana college instructor lost that job because of sex with student. Info on Facebook profile. Photos of her cupping bared breasts and having sex can be had on request.

I know because i did. Decent looking for 50ish grandmother. Too bad they are implanted and from stories i got from profile have turned hard and lumpy

Black widow tattoo on left shoulder blade

Purple rose one next to bush

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
YEAH RIGHT

I believe it is that the husband should pay with the same currency out every Friday with his coworkers to get drunk, dance tight with a "friend" or coworker giving farewell kisses on the mouth, to see that you think that. so he can tell you it was a mistake. Nobody put a gun to the head.

Vito1960Vito1960about 8 years ago
He took to long

If it were my wife, I would of walked right up to her when I saw her in the bar the first time, and claimed her! If Paul would of tried to get in between us I would just drop him on the dance floor! As for the wife..........she would never go out for drinks without me. You see, a married woman in a bar drinking with her work friends does not have a good ending!!

fisheronefisheroneabout 8 years ago
Wake up call

First thing dutch should have called her cell to let her know he was coming home early. Secondly the wife should have been checking phone for missed calls due to having two kids at home alone. Third once he found her at first club he should have cut in on slower song and held her tight, to make her feel special. Fourth a spouse making regular drinking trips with coworkers without spouses isn't good. I'm glad he finally stood up and took a stand for family.

SampkyangSampkyangabout 8 years ago
Jealous

WELL why was there EVER ANY REASON to be jealous. SHE CHEATED in her mind so her cunt was wet as ANY cheater. dump the slut WIMP!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
5*

Good one.

rick_ohrick_ohover 8 years ago
The best line in the story:

"Does the caveman think he's going to get some pussy, now that he's vanquished his mighty foe?"

Good character development, and handling of events.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
A cluck in the dark!

If I caught my wife kissing another man on the mouth in a night club parking lot, I would dump her in a minute. There is no excuse for disrespecting a spouse. If there are martial problems, they should be discussed. It is amazing how so many writers create these characters that have no communicating skills. I'm sure she would have cheated, if she had not been caught. When I was a kid, I overheard a guy trying to get a kiss from a married women. She told him she did not kiss anyone but her husband. I always remembered that, and made sure my wife knew that this was a deal breaker before we got married. I think a lot of people confuse jealousy with handling your business.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Okay story with a fairy tale ending.

But I think he was too late when he saw her at the dance club. I think she was already sleeping with Paul and that they put on a show for her husbands benefit so that she could throw him off the track. She's cheating and he's too big a fool to catch them.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous